These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Small Navy Cap Boosters

First post
Author
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#41 - 2013-05-28 02:46:52 UTC
requesting navy repair paste ;)

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Caleb Seremshur
Mortis Angelus
The morgue.
#42 - 2013-05-28 03:15:06 UTC
Aglais wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:
>last sticky before odyssey
>haven't touched Torpedoes

I give up

We're not touching torpedoes for Odyssey, we never said we were.

In fact Torpedoes are nowhere near the top of our backlog, since they're very strong in their current state.

Huh. Could've sworn you said you were going to work on battleship missiles, which includes both cruise missiles (which you've addressed) and torpedoes. Maybe I misread.

(also terribly sorry about the off-topic here but torpedoes don't seem very strong to me on the Raven- mostly because the Raven is not very strong.)

On topic: perhaps this is about time I start looking into active tanking frigates.

The root issue being torpedoes are balanced around Covert Bombers. Battleships can crank out the dps but are limited in range. I've been playing with torp and cruise ravens on SiSi for a little while now and I have to admit the cruise raven is patently superior. The 200 or so dps you sacrifice in exchange for playing the SP game is not really comparable. I'll take the range and damage projection of the cruise raven TYVM.
X Gallentius
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Spaceship Bebop
#43 - 2013-05-28 04:10:03 UTC
Four more stickied threads, four more stickied threads!
Laura Dexx
The Congregation
HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE NINJA AssAssIn SQUAD eSports
#44 - 2013-05-28 04:18:11 UTC
Hey, while we're at it with LP stores, are you ever going to un-shittify level 5 stores? The addition of FW plexes leaves those of us still interested in doing those dangerous missions (you know, since you moved them to lowsec only) often in need of specialized ship fits and/or several participants bewildered as to how a triple warp stabbed and cloak fit incursus can make more money sitting in desolated small/med plexes.

Does it really make sense that even a noobship caps a med in twenty minutes?
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#45 - 2013-05-28 04:28:59 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:

I give up

In fact Torpedoes are nowhere near the top of our backlog, since they're very strong in their current state.

Well, that makes my course clear. Cruise Missile TFIs all the way.
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-05-28 04:36:02 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

torps on a stealth bomber 60km

torps on a raven 30 km

torps on a phoon 20 km

to fix this i would remove the flight time bonus for torps for stealth bombers and reduce the velocity bonus to standard 10% like a raven

then i would increase the flight time of base torps so that on a phoon they shoot out to 40 km

And then they'd be in flight for 18s at maximum range, which is just far too long. I would prefer a +50% velocity increase, for 30km from a 'Phoon, 45km from a Raven, and remove the stealth bombers' flight time bonus (or half the velocity bonus) to hold their range constant.
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#47 - 2013-05-28 07:10:54 UTC
Why? Clean up the damn things instead.

Three injectors and 4-5 charge sizes (+ navy equivalents) .. you are making future balancing needlessly time consuming.

PS: I am assuming that a hard cap to amount of charges ASB's can carry was added last pass and that this merely acts as a reduction in running costs (ISK) of the things .. because if not then you have just re-broken frigate/cruiser balance and have to go through the motions again Smile
Claire Raynor
NovaGear
#48 - 2013-05-28 07:25:42 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
We're adding Navy 25, 50 and 75 boosters available in all the FW LP stores.

Coolio!
PavlikX
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#49 - 2013-05-28 08:21:33 UTC  |  Edited by: PavlikX
I suggest to all my fellow armored mates to begin our crusade in this forum in the name of fairness to the armor tank after 4th june (when threads will be unsticked i guess). For now it's hopeless. Threads will sink so fast and this one is wrong thread Smile
Lugalzagezi666
#50 - 2013-05-28 08:33:31 UTC
PavlikX wrote:
I suggest to all my fellow armored mates to begin our crusade in this forum in the name of fairness to the armor tank after 4th june (when threads will be unsticked i guess). For now it's hopeless. Threads will sink so fast and this one is wrong thread Smile

mASBs are already being better than sAARs - solution - buff mASBs.Lol
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#51 - 2013-05-28 08:36:23 UTC
Will actually small/medium ASBs be adjusted around the change in capacity needed to store 'this' many charges?

I'd rather say the current ASB holds just the right number of charges, seeing that limit go up would sadden me slightly at least. I love flying ASB stuff as I guess everyone does, but 7 charges in a MASB feels enough I'd think.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#52 - 2013-05-28 08:42:51 UTC
Josilin du Guesclin wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

torps on a stealth bomber 60km

torps on a raven 30 km

torps on a phoon 20 km

to fix this i would remove the flight time bonus for torps for stealth bombers and reduce the velocity bonus to standard 10% like a raven

then i would increase the flight time of base torps so that on a phoon they shoot out to 40 km

And then they'd be in flight for 18s at maximum range, which is just far too long. I would prefer a +50% velocity increase, for 30km from a 'Phoon, 45km from a Raven, and remove the stealth bombers' flight time bonus (or half the velocity bonus) to hold their range constant.

Torps are working amazingly fine a stealth bomber, please don't change the way it is working right now :D And torps work just fine against capitals, structures and battleships. Maybe not in PvE but your fault for not webbing/painting it :p
Moonaura
The Dead Rabbit Society
#53 - 2013-05-28 09:55:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Moonaura
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:

I give up

Actually... you guys did....

CCP Rise wrote:

It should also be mentioned that we hope to have a look at cruise missiles and torpedos in time for the summer expansion as well.

This can be found in the Minmitar Battleship changes, specifically quoted from the Typhoon changes... it's been there for weeks!

Torpedos badly need fixing. They are 'terrible' at hitting below battleship size ships. They don't even do full damage against a stationary, large signature battleship. And unlike gunnery, which has tracking computers etc, there are no modules for affecting their ability to hit anything smaller. T2 Torpedos versions are far worse than faction because of the mechanics of how they work. Only really good for POS bashing.

In short, without doubt, the worst weapon platform in the game.

Given you've made the Typhoon and Raven completely reliant on them, its only fair that they get looked at in a Odyssey point release pretty please.

"The game is mostly played by men - 97%. But 40% of them play as women... so thats fine."  - CCP t0rfifrans 

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#54 - 2013-05-28 11:00:54 UTC
Moonaura wrote:
...Torpedos badly need fixing....

Ever heard of tackling and target painters? You are right in saying that there isn't a module like those available for guns, but that is about as far as your claim goes truth wise
Moonaura wrote:
...Given you've made the Typhoon and Raven completely reliant on them, its only fair that they get looked at in a Odyssey point release pretty please.

Have you checked a the dictionary for the meaning of 'completely' recently, because you are using it wrong Smile. Torps are being superseded by cruise missiles, at least in the short term .. a raw 31% dps increase with a 25% alpha increase, bringing them to 75% / 67% of torp performance with what is effectively unlimited range.
Note: You will still need to pack TP's and preferably arrange to have some sort of tackle to optimize performance, that is part of the price of using missiles.
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-05-28 11:17:47 UTC
Lloyd Roses wrote:

Josilin du Guesclin wrote:

Torps are working amazingly fine a stealth bomber, please don't change the way it is working right now :D And torps work just fine against capitals, structures and battleships. Maybe not in PvE but your fault for not webbing/painting it :p

Guess what? My suggestion changes next to nothing for stealth bombers. For other ships it gives a range buff by increasing flight velocity, because right now their range sucks unless you're in a Raven or Golem.
Perihelion Olenard
#56 - 2013-05-28 11:19:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Perihelion Olenard
PavlikX wrote:
Another one indirect buff of shield tank. It was not me who said about ancillary shield booster Blink
When we will see something positive to the armor tank?

Armor has already been addressed in Retribution 1.1.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2013-05-28 11:23:31 UTC
Perihelion Olenard wrote:
PavlikX wrote:
Another one indirect buff of shield tank. It was not me who said about ancillary shield booster Blink
When we will see something positive to the armor tank?

Armor has already been addressed in Retribution 1.1.

Wellt he anciliary armor repairer altough still need s a LOOOOT of love to be remotely good.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-05-28 12:03:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonas Sukarala
MeBiatch wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
yes cos 40km on an unbonused ship makes sense for a short range weapon system Lol

neutrons with null 31km easy 40 with te and tc

pulse with scorch 55km without te/tc

800's with barrage 42km without te/tc...

how deep into falloff are all these weapons at 40km? ... answer is only scorch is in optimal range the rest aren't worth talking about.
and we all know scorch is a little OP for range but then lasers have many issues to be sorted out first.

And he is talking about 40km for basic range T1 ammo rather than the javelin range which would be even higher range than scorch is.
And if you have to include mods than your argument breaks down very fast as he was talking about unbonused basic T1 ammo range

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#59 - 2013-05-28 12:42:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Garviel Tarrant
So you nerf asb's.. and then buff them again? What the ****? What are those booster charges even for? They don't have an purpose other than being small ammo for asb's.. I say remove them rather than do this..

Making ASB's capable of holding less ammo just to give them smaller ammo a few months later is pretty counter productive balance work =/

EDIT:

Also you should have used your time to nerf long range ammo.. scorch is mentally handicapped (Stupid profanity filter)

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Iris Bravemount
Golden Grinding Gears
#60 - 2013-05-28 12:45:17 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys, I expect this will be the last sticky I place there for Odyssey 1.0. Smaller change, although I couldn't find anywhere better to put it. Smile

We're making some changes to the availability of Navy Cap boosters, adding Navy versions of all the remaining cap booster sizes and slightly adjusting the costs of the 100s and 150s to bring them into line with the rest.

We're adding Navy 25, 50 and 75 boosters available in all the FW LP stores. These should be especially useful for users of small and medium ASBs.

We are also increasing the LP and isk costs of the 100 and 150 sizes, with 100s rising from 100LP and 100000isk to 250LP and 250000isk, and 150s rising from 250LP and 250000isk to 375LP and 375000isk. This change brings them in line with the scaling applied to the costs of the other Navy cap boosters.

All of these changes are on SISI now.

Because small and medium ASBs really needed a buff...

Seriously, please limit them to 1 mod per ship.

"I will not hesitate when the test of Faith finds me, for only the strongest conviction will open the gates of paradise. My Faith in you is absolute; my sword is Yours, My God, and Your will guides me now and for all eternity." - Paladin's Creed