These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Small Navy Cap Boosters

First post
Author
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#21 - 2013-05-27 19:50:19 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:
>last sticky before odyssey
>haven't touched Torpedoes

I give up

We're not touching torpedoes for Odyssey, we never said we were.

In fact Torpedoes are nowhere near the top of our backlog, since they're very strong on stealth bombers only in their current state.

Fyp

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-05-27 20:04:25 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:

I give up

In fact Torpedoes are nowhere near the top of our backlog, since they're very strong in their current state.

I agree i think the problem with them is that HAMS make them look worse than they are ... same range why?????

So Fozzie when are we getting the TE/TD/TC changes for missiles?
And presumably a missile re-balance to go with it
Things like
- rocket range being too high
- rocket explosion radius being far too low
- HAMS battleship like range being nerfed down to cruiser range ... i.e. lasers are meant too have better range.

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#23 - 2013-05-27 20:15:57 UTC  |  Edited by: MeBiatch
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:

I give up

In fact Torpedoes are nowhere near the top of our backlog, since they're very strong in their current state.

I agree i think the problem with them is that HAMS make them look worse than they are ... same range why?????

Things like
- HAMS battleship like range being nerfed down to cruiser range ... i.e. lasers are meant too have better range.

torps on a stealth bomber 60km

torps on a raven 30 km

torps on a phoon 20 km

to fix this i would remove the flight time bonus for torps for stealth bombers and reduce the velocity bonus to standard 10% like a raven

then i would increase the flight time of base torps so that on a phoon they shoot out to 40 km

oh and small navy boosters yay good job fozz

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-05-27 20:45:03 UTC
yes cos 40km on an unbonused ship makes sense for a short range weapon system Lol

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

John 1135
#25 - 2013-05-27 20:49:10 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Hey guys, I expect this will be the last sticky I place there for Odyssey 1.0. Smaller change, although I couldn't find anywhere better to put it. Smile

We're making some changes to the availability of Navy Cap boosters, adding Navy versions of all the remaining cap booster sizes and slightly adjusting the costs of the 100s and 150s to bring them into line with the rest.

We're adding Navy 25, 50 and 75 boosters available in all the FW LP stores. These should be especially useful for users of small and medium ASBs.

We are also increasing the LP and isk costs of the 100 and 150 sizes, with 100s rising from 100LP and 100000isk to 250LP and 250000isk, and 150s rising from 250LP and 250000isk to 375LP and 375000isk. This change brings them in line with the scaling applied to the costs of the other Navy cap boosters.

All of these changes are on SISI now.

Sounds useful. WRT ASBs I was wondering if using those is at price parity with the armour equiv. Anyone know?
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-05-27 20:57:22 UTC
god forbid my scroll wheel needs to go about 3 notches further down

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Alara IonStorm
#27 - 2013-05-27 21:10:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Alara IonStorm
Please fix the Cap Booster System instead of piling more sh*t on top.

Standardize the system to use a certain charge size instead of having a whole bunch of garbage charges.

Small Cap Booster II / 1 Navy 400 or 200
Medium Cap Boosters / 1 800 sometimes Navy
Heavy Cap Boosters / 800's sometimes Navy

There is no reason to go down, only ASB's use some of the smaller ones. That makes only the largest you can fit good for cap boosters and the smallest good for ASB's.

How about instead for T2 Cap Boosters you do it like this.

4 / 200's for Smalls and 5 / 200's for Navy
4 / 400's for Mediums and 5 / 200's for Navy
4 / 800's for Heavies and 5 / 800's for Navy

You can't fit larger charges in smaller boosters and cycle time decreases for higher meta boosters to T2.

For ASB Small / Medium uses 200's, Large 400's, XL 800's. Just make them load the number of cycles you plan to fit on now with this update, no one will use anything but the best anyway so standardize it.

Please get rid of 25's, 75's, 50's, 100's and 150's and while your at it 50mm and 100mm plates and buff small shield extenders.

These useless modules and ammo do nothing but clutter menus, confuse newbies and get reprocessed by vets.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#28 - 2013-05-27 21:50:05 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
yes cos 40km on an unbonused ship makes sense for a short range weapon system Lol

neutrons with null 31km easy 40 with te and tc

pulse with scorch 55km without te/tc

800's with barrage 42km without te/tc...

Grunnax Aurelius
Black Rams
Radicalized Apes
#29 - 2013-05-27 21:57:20 UTC
Pertuabo Enkidgan wrote:
Can you give us a hint of when you're going to balance out ASB's as well?

Bit off topic, my bad.

ASB were ballanced you fool when they nerfed how much they rep and how many caps they carry, quit whining that, Hawks, Cyclones, Sleipnirs and any other shield boost bonused ship comes along and eats you because you don't know how to deal with the ship!!!

FOZZIE!!! NAVY CAPS OF ALL KINDS!!! HERMAGERD!!!!!!!!!! TYVM its about time <3

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342042&find=unread

Grunnax Aurelius
Black Rams
Radicalized Apes
#30 - 2013-05-27 22:00:30 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:
Please fix the Cap Booster System instead of piling more sh*t on top.

Standardize the system to use a certain charge size instead of having a whole bunch of garbage charges.

Small Cap Booster II / 1 Navy 400 or 200
Medium Cap Boosters / 1 800 sometimes Navy
Heavy Cap Boosters / 800's sometimes Navy

There is no reason to go down, only ASB's use some of the smaller ones. That makes only the largest you can fit good for cap boosters and the smallest good for ASB's.

How about instead for T2 Cap Boosters you do it like this.

4 / 200's for Smalls and 5 / 200's for Navy
4 / 400's for Mediums and 5 / 200's for Navy
4 / 800's for Heavies and 5 / 800's for Navy

You can't fit larger charges in smaller boosters and cycle time decreases for higher meta boosters to T2.

For ASB Small / Medium uses 200's, Large 400's, XL 800's. Just make them load the number of cycles you plan to fit on now with this update, no one will use anything but the best anyway so standardize it.

Please get rid of 25's, 75's, 50's, 100's and 150's and while your at it 50mm and 100mm plates and buff small shield extenders.

These useless modules and ammo do nothing but clutter menus, confuse newbies and get reprocessed by vets.

BE QUIET, i like carrying 2000 odd rockets accompanied by 200 Cap Booster 50's in my Hawk, soon to be more caps because of Navy, I like tanking for a good 10+ minutes depending on how many im fighting!!!

Mike Voidstar
Voidstar Free Flight Foundation
#31 - 2013-05-27 22:13:56 UTC
ASB isn't properly nerfed until you can only put one of them on a ship. So long as you can bypass the reload just by mounting a second one, they are stupid.
Grunnax Aurelius
Black Rams
Radicalized Apes
#32 - 2013-05-27 22:56:33 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:
ASB isn't properly nerfed until you can only put one of them on a ship. So long as you can bypass the reload just by mounting a second one, they are stupid.

QQ more just ask CCP to not limit the amount of AAR's on a ship solved.

Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-05-27 23:05:22 UTC
Hey fozie when are you going to do this? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=228586&find=unread
Wasn't you guys having truble on balancing Hibrids? The cap boosters are fine, go iterate something else ;)

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#34 - 2013-05-27 23:23:30 UTC
Jonas Sukarala wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Aglais wrote:

I give up

Things like
You'll get this after we get a drone overhaul.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

Khoul Ay'd
The Affiliation
#35 - 2013-05-27 23:37:08 UTC
Okay, great for the shield guys. +1 Now for the obligatory armor vs shield whine.... How long until we armor guys get Navy nanite paste? Cool

The things we do today we must live with forever.... Think about it

SmarncaV2
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-05-28 00:01:01 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:

THIS
Sal Landry
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-05-28 00:01:29 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
You'll get this after we get a drone overhaul.

But then that would be never Ugh
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#38 - 2013-05-28 00:08:20 UTC
When can we expect some changes to citadel missiles? They REALLY need some work.

Katrina Oniseki

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#39 - 2013-05-28 00:14:33 UTC
Mike Voidstar wrote:

Still think capless is stupid. Should be like an AAR, but it runs at half cap usage or something while it has charges. Just kind of silly because active shield tanking is supposed to be time efficient, while active armour tanking is supposed to be cap efficient, but actually ASBs happened, so active shield tanking has no cap usage at all.
Luc Chastot
#40 - 2013-05-28 00:22:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Luc Chastot
Does this mean ASBs are finally getting fixed?

Edit: "Fixed" = Nerfed. Because some idiot thought I supported his love of OP modules.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.