These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Unofficial Patchnotes // Massive Feature Write Up

First post
Author
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#101 - 2013-06-01 14:06:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Lilistacia wrote:
With all the additions to the ship skill requirements, Like the Command Ships adding the Leadership skills, How many skill points do I need to plan my new clone for to make sure I don't miss any of the SP?

Not sure exactly what you mean.

While the skill requirements for some ships will change, that does not mean your character's SP will do so too. Your character's SP will stay the same (as well as how they are distributed). Apart from the split of destroyer and battlecruiser skills, that is.
Lilistacia
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#102 - 2013-06-01 16:33:20 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
Lilistacia wrote:
With all the additions to the ship skill requirements, Like the Command Ships adding the Leadership skills, How many skill points do I need to plan my new clone for to make sure I don't miss any of the SP?

Not sure exactly what you mean.

While the skill requirements for some ships will change, that does not mean your character's SP will do so too. Your character's SP will stay the same (as well as how they are distributed). Apart from the split of destroyer and battlecruiser skills, that is.

Sorry it was very late/early when I wrote that :P. What I'm meaning to point out is that apparently the BC/Dest are not the only skills that could change my SP total if they are going to be ensuring that I have all the prerequisites for the skills when they change.

Quote:

Heavy Interdictors

Weapon Upgrades removed from the Heavy Interdictor skill
Graviton Physics 4 added as skill requirement of the Heavy Interdictor skill

Command Ships

Racial Cruiser 5 requirement swapped for racial Battlecruiser 5
Generic and old Battlecruiser skill removed from the Command Ship skill
Heavy Assault Ships skill requirement removed from Field Command Ships (Absolution, Nighthawk, Astarte, Sleipnir)
Logistics skill requirement removed from Fleet Command Ships (Damnation, Vulture, Eos, Claymore)
Information Warfare 5 skill added as requirement for the Command Ship skill
Armored Warfare 5 skill added as requirement for the Command Ship skill
Siege Warfare 5 skill added as requirement for the Command Ship skill
Skirmish Warfare 5 skill added as requirement for the Command Ship skill

I'm interested in knowing if I'll be receiving Info/Armor/Siege/Skirmish at 5 if I already have Command Ships skill, or If I'll get Graviton Physics 4 if I already have the HIctor skill.
Koryvarn
Unscouted Inc
#103 - 2013-06-01 17:27:19 UTC
Lilistacia wrote:

I'm interested in knowing if I'll be receiving Info/Armor/Siege/Skirmish at 5 if I already have Command Ships skill, or If I'll get Graviton Physics 4 if I already have the HIctor skill.

It's a change in requirement for the skill. If you already have it you are unaffected, if you do not, you need to train the skills.
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#104 - 2013-06-01 18:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Lilistacia wrote:

No, you won't. It works just like Koryvarn allready said. Once you have the main level skills required for the ship, the game won't bother if you have the prerequisitives for those skills itself.

I have a screenshot here to explain it for the Damnation specifly, since you are interested in command ships: http://imgur.com/jFFgDJn
If you have Amarr Battlecruiser 5 and Command Ships 5, you can fly the damnation. The game won't bother about all the other skills, you could potentially all have them at level 0.
(Note that in order to get Amarr Battlecruiser V you need at least Battlecruiser V and Amarr Cruiser III in the current version, which you have anyways if you can fly the Damnation now.)

Hope that clarifies it.

Have updated one line of the page to make this more clear.