These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Unofficial Patchnotes // Massive Feature Write Up

First post
Author
CCP Ytterbium
C C P
C C P Alliance
#41 - 2013-05-27 12:17:42 UTC
Hannott Thanos wrote:
Good Guy Ytterbium, Writes full patch notes, finds community written full patchnotes, reads it all, and corrects minor faults to help community.

Didn't read it all yet, just skimmed through it, so don't blame the Frenchman if there are still inaccurate points P
Evil Incarn8
Evil's League of Evil
#42 - 2013-05-27 12:24:47 UTC
Why is it that the community has to write its own patch notes?

I can understand releasing information on aspects of an upcoming expansion slowly as things get confirmed or to put things out for discussion one at a time. But surely it cant be that hard for CCP to keep an 'Official' running tally as it were of what is in the expansion?

Having to scour live video blogs, written blogs, fanfest videos, forum posts and then the hated pit of desperate ego building that is social media, I dont see how the player base is supposed to keep track?

So I thank you Nar Tha for doing all the donkey work and creating such a fine collection of information.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#43 - 2013-05-27 12:26:50 UTC
Evil Incarn8 wrote:
Why is it that the community has to write its own patch notes?

I can understand releasing information on aspects of an upcoming expansion slowly as things get confirmed or to put things out for discussion one at a time. But surely it cant be that hard for CCP to keep an 'Official' running tally as it were of what is in the expansion?

Having to scour live video blogs, written blogs, fanfest videos, forum posts and then the hated pit of desperate ego building that is social media, I dont see how the player base is supposed to keep track?

So I thank you Nar Tha for doing all the donkey work and creating such a fine collection of information.

Features change and keeping up a change log would be a full time job. Also its part of the fun for the communityTwisted

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Nar Tha
Doomheim
#44 - 2013-05-27 12:30:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
Holy ****.

First, thanks again for all the feedback and the helpful tips.

I decided not to include the golden pod, etc., since those are rewards for buying the collector's edition and not necessarily connected to Odyssey. I also didn't include the white Apoc, because I believe that's a fan made retexturing of the new model and will not actually be used in the game (might be wrong on this one, though). I have yet to check the New Player Experience and work through today's news (and I'm a little bit busy with other stuff at the moment).

Special thanks to Ytterbium. I'm literaly blown away by the fact you took the time to correct some of the info. I updated the article accordingly.

Also, I want to make clear, that this (as it says in the topic) is an unofficial compilation of the changes and might have a few mistakes here and there.
With that being said, I'm trying to get everything as correct and up to date as possible.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#45 - 2013-05-27 13:02:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Web site:

Eve time is wrong I got 0400 when EVE is actualy 1200 local time is 0600.

Its right for about a second and then changes.

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Jack Romakeu
Lofoten Investment Trust
#46 - 2013-05-27 13:31:37 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
Holy ****.

First, thanks again for all the feedback and the helpful tips.

I decided not to include the golden pod, etc., since those are rewards for buying the collecto'rs edition and not necessarily connected to Odyssey. I also didn't include the white Apoc, because I believe that's a fan made retexturing of the new model and will not actually be used in the game (might be wrong on this one, though). I have yet to check the New Player Experience and work through today's news (and I'm a little bit busy with other stuff at the moment).

Special thanks to Ytterbium. I'm literaly blown away by the fact you took the time to correct some of the info. I updated the article accordingly.

Also, I want to make clear, that this (as it says in the topic) is an unofficial compilation of the changes and thus might have a few mistakes here and there.
With that being said, I'm trying to get everything as correct and up to date as possible.

Nartha SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Very impressive,hope you go through with it .

Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-05-27 14:06:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonas Sukarala
CCP Ytterbium
im intrigued by the pirate rookie ships just looking at the taipan in game ....
will their be a rookie segment in the market instead of having to trawl through frigates to find them??

Also what are the names of the other pirate rookie ships?

Also nice to see the daredevil will be serpentis now .

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Vince Snetterton
#48 - 2013-05-27 14:26:21 UTC
Not surprising that a motivated, dedicated player of the game can come up with a better presentation format of the changes with the release than CCP can.

CCP simply does not have the resources and dedication for this kind of thing.
They would be smart to contract this kind of thing out to the original poster for the December release.
Nar Tha
Doomheim
#49 - 2013-05-27 14:28:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Nar Tha
@Jack: Hi! Blink

Salpun wrote:
Eve time is wrong I got 0400 when EVE is actualy 1200 local time is 0600.

Hm, awkward. Do you have javascript disabled in your browser? In any case, it's noted and I will work on it later. Thanks.

Jonas Sukarala wrote:
Also what are the names of the other pirate rookie ships?

The pirate rookie ships are already on Tranquility. You can find them under Special Edition Frigates. They are the Echo, Hematos, Immolator, Taipan and Violator.
Jonas Sukarala
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-05-27 14:46:22 UTC
its a shame that even the pirate rookie ships can't make full use of their bonuses much like the T1 rookie ships...
6-7 slots compared too 10-11 slots on frigs aswell as weaker bonuses and less EHP/speed ...

I think a little buff to rookie ships would be good here and not even vaguely OP .. have you seen the price of pirate rookie ships!!!

'Tech3 ships need to be put down, like a rabid dog drooling everywhere in the house, they are out of line' CCP Ytterbium Nerf missile range into place where is the TD missile change?  ..projectiles should use capacitor. ABC's should be T2 HABC and nerf web strength its still too high

Aeana K
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2013-05-27 15:06:03 UTC
Damn. that's amazing...

I thank you very much m8, for the time you spent to inform me, the noob, in one place, about what is coming!!

That is a truly professional work and writing!!
Gus Huntah
Doomheim
#52 - 2013-05-27 15:13:39 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
NoooOOOoooooOOOOOoooo why do I only spot this when I'm just done writing our internal patch notes for my team CryEvil

I could have been a lazy snob and just copy / pasted them from here! Or just have a link!

It was Earth all along!

Don't you think perhaps next time round you should put up the patch notes at least a month before the actual patch release? What's the point of doing all this work now?
None ofthe Above
#53 - 2013-05-27 15:20:19 UTC
Gus Huntah wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:
NoooOOOoooooOOOOOoooo why do I only spot this when I'm just done writing our internal patch notes for my team CryEvil

I could have been a lazy snob and just copy / pasted them from here! Or just have a link!

It was Earth all along!

Don't you think perhaps next time round you should put up the patch notes at least a month before the actual patch release? What's the point of doing all this work now?

Are you kidding? (Seriously, are you? Can't tell.)

Patch notes written up a month ago would be massively inaccurate. They've been honing the release and changing things all month.

The only end-game content in EVE Online is the crap that makes you rage quit.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2013-05-27 16:06:12 UTC
Gus Huntah wrote:
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

It was Earth all along!

Uh, no.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#55 - 2013-05-27 16:06:58 UTC
cerbus wrote:
You forgot to include the white apocalypse :3

DO WANT! ShockedShockedShockedShocked
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#56 - 2013-05-27 16:09:57 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
I also didn't include the white Apoc, because I believe that's a fan made retexturing of the new model and will not actually be used in the game (might be wrong on this one, though).

No, I'm pretty sure you're right about that. Notice the logo in the corner is CPPC. Caldari Prime Pony Club.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Sirinda
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#57 - 2013-05-27 16:18:56 UTC
All those possible paint schemes whenever CCP's art department gets around to implementing custom ship colors.

I'm so going to fly a Gray Death Apocalypse/Paladin. And I haven't even seen the actual new Paladin model yet.
Amateratsu
The Pegasus Project
#58 - 2013-05-27 19:46:05 UTC
CCP Ytterbium wrote:

PPS: and the Navy BC offers have been reduced a bit, they now are:

• Regular corporation LP stores, blueprint offer: 200,000 LPs plus 100 million ISK for 1 run blueprint copy (BPC)
  • Regular corporation LP stores, built ship offer: 250,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips
  • FW Loyalty Point stores, blueprint offer: for 100,000 LPs plus 10m ISK for 1 run BPC
  • FW Loyalty Point Stores, built ship offer: 100,000 LPs plus 1x built tech1 Battlecruiser plus two Cruiser sized Nexus Chips

This explains why the majority of stuff in the regular LP stores is completely worthless, since theres no way traders of said items can compete with FW LP store prices.
Inna Cristiana
GucciGang
#59 - 2013-05-27 20:37:57 UTC
"existing large rigs on capital ships will automatically and without cost upgrade to their new capital counterpart when the patch hits"

Where in the source thread does it state this?
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#60 - 2013-05-27 21:01:39 UTC
Sweet. I've been looking for word on the Large Energy Turrets changes I heard about and couldn't find anything (search won't work on my comp, keep getting error popups). My Pally will be happy to know this. Thanks, mang...

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."