These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Miner Bumping, Ganking and the activities of James 315 and the New Order of Highsec.

First post
Author
loyalanon
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#261 - 2014-04-02 00:32:33 UTC
WouldYouEver HaveSexWith aGoat wrote:


Your tears are delicious.

The point you are missing here is nothing that actually happens is ever because of CODE. Never have I seen an alliance that matters so little and affects so little people when considering the effort they put into it. What you're doing here is called creating a self-induced delusion. I know you guys at CODE have heard that term before, so no need for me to define it.

Gevlon Goblin has had a much bigger affect on miners than CODE has in the entirety of it's history. Let's be clear here: One person had a greater affect and reached his goals better than an entire 200+ person alliance.
I guess at that point, I'd be self-inducing a delusion too...


Actually, I hold the record for most exhumers/barges killed....

Sooo please state valid facts not just opinion.

Also hiding behind an alt with an offensive name violates the EULA im pretty sure.
Percival Rose
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#262 - 2014-04-02 10:24:48 UTC
I may be one of the few (occasional) miners who actually appreciates the work of CODE.

I like a challenge. Having to check my scanners and local while continuously improving my fits is fun. And yes, I occasionally gank too. Highsec is not a hundred percent safe and that's a good thing. I'd be too tempted to just AFK mine if it wasn't the case.

I'm looking forward to see the mining community organize defenses, forcing the New Order to innovate. This arms race is great for business.

Do you know who's going to inherit New Eden? Arms dealers. Because everyone else is too busy killing each other.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#263 - 2014-04-02 12:27:36 UTC
^^ Doing it right. +1

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Kelur Hunter
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#264 - 2014-04-09 10:56:23 UTC
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.
Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#265 - 2014-04-09 11:07:07 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.

This wouldn't have happened if you just paid 10mil more to complete your setup with the most important piece of mining equipment, a mining permit.
BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#266 - 2014-04-09 14:53:02 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#267 - 2014-04-09 16:29:35 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.

Taking care of business and being time efficient. Nothing wrong with multitasking. He was still in game. Hell, I watch YouTube videos while mining.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

BuckStrider
Nano-Tech Experiments
#268 - 2014-04-09 18:34:28 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.

Taking care of business and being time efficient. Nothing wrong with multitasking. He was still in game. Hell, I watch YouTube videos while mining.


If you are watching 'YouTube' then you aren't playing Eve, are you.

Kelur Hunter wasn't playing either. Sure he was logged in, but he wasn't playing. He thought he was safe because he is in hi-sec. So he does what every other 'bot-aspirant' player does....He doesn't check to see who is in local.....He has a ship with no tank.....He warps to a belt.....He turns on those mining lasers....

And then....

*POOF*

Some unrelenting urge comes over the person and they just HAVE to do something other than play.

Hunter here thought that it was a good idea to check out the market instead of checking out his scanners and overview.

Why?

Because he was in 'safe' space.

I'm now going to tell you a secret that everyone knows.

There are only two places in Eve where you cannot be killed.

The first place is being docked in a station.

The second place is logged off.

Mine smart. Mine safe. Purchase your mining permit today...... www.minerbumping.com

Kelur Hunter
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#269 - 2014-04-09 18:52:54 UTC
Alyth Nerun wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.

This wouldn't have happened if you just paid 10mil more to complete your setup with the most important piece of mining equipment, a mining permit.



I will never pay for a permit I learned my lesson i'll pay better attention and mine for free making 100 to 140 million isk a day thank you very much.Big smile
Kelur Hunter
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#270 - 2014-04-09 19:28:42 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.



What we're you Ceo of hall monitor in school? I was in the market how am i botting? I'm checking the prices to know my profit and what is above regional estimate etc please read better before you post.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#271 - 2014-04-09 20:28:59 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:

I will never pay for a permit I learned my lesson i'll pay better attention and mine for free making 100 to 140 million isk a day thank you very much.Big smile


Yes, yes this will work. Don't pay. Mine for free.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#272 - 2014-04-09 20:32:12 UTC
BuckStrider wrote:

If you are watching 'YouTube' then you aren't playing Eve, are you.

Kelur Hunter wasn't playing either. Sure he was logged in, but he wasn't playing. He thought he was safe because he is in hi-sec. So he does what every other 'bot-aspirant' player does....He doesn't check to see who is in local.....He has a ship with no tank.....He warps to a belt.....He turns on those mining lasers....

And then....

*POOF*

Some unrelenting urge comes over the person and they just HAVE to do something other than play.

Hunter here thought that it was a good idea to check out the market instead of checking out his scanners and overview.

Why?

Because he was in 'safe' space.

I'm now going to tell you a secret that everyone knows.

There are only two places in Eve where you cannot be killed.

The first place is being docked in a station.

The second place is logged off.

F**k the police...

Well, the self proclaimed ones at least. Can't do much about CONCORD.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#273 - 2014-04-09 20:54:55 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.



What we're you Ceo of hall monitor in school? I was in the market how am i botting? I'm checking the prices to know my profit and what is above regional estimate etc please read better before you post.


Botting or not, I think its a safe bet you wont be in the market tab while mining in an expensive boat again, correct? If you care about your assets, watch your scanners while you mine. Buying a permit may sound like extortion (it is), but unless you have the political and military clout to DO something about it, best to just pay up.

CODE owns their space. Move, pay up, or blow up.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Kelur Hunter
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#274 - 2014-04-09 21:36:23 UTC
Leto Thule wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.



What we're you Ceo of hall monitor in school? I was in the market how am i botting? I'm checking the prices to know my profit and what is above regional estimate etc please read better before you post.


Botting or not, I think its a safe bet you wont be in the market tab while mining in an expensive boat again, correct? If you care about your assets, watch your scanners while you mine. Buying a permit may sound like extortion (it is), but unless you have the political and military clout to DO something about it, best to just pay up.

CODE owns their space. Move, pay up, or blow up.



Or I can just not pay and dock and bore you virgins to death and return to mining later on and also not saying anything to you people so I don't entertain the virus you guys spread.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#275 - 2014-04-09 21:41:17 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:

Or I can just not pay and dock and bore you virgins to death and return to mining later on and also not saying anything to you people so I don't entertain the virus you guys spread.


Yes, yes this will work. Don't pay. Dock up and don't mine. That will show us who's boss.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Winchester Steele
#276 - 2014-04-09 21:45:08 UTC
Kelur Hunter wrote:
Leto Thule wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
BuckStrider wrote:
Kelur Hunter wrote:
I got my first Mack ever and was really excited about it. My entire Mack was about 308 Million ISK and the next day 3 Pirates from their Alliance called CODE killed me. They tricked me with a miner who was mining and didn't seem suspect so i stayed in the belt. I was busy looking into the market at the ore prices and the mining barge was right next to me and in less than a second before I realized 3 ships warp right in my face I lost my Mack.... This happened in High Sec. I tried to negotiate getting atleast my ore back but they sound as mindless as ever. They say things like "we serve our lord james315" "You afk miners are destroying high sec" all this bull. Their like a Amarr wanna be Alliance.


So you admit you were 'bot-aspirant' and doing something else other than minding your Mack.



What we're you Ceo of hall monitor in school? I was in the market how am i botting? I'm checking the prices to know my profit and what is above regional estimate etc please read better before you post.


Botting or not, I think its a safe bet you wont be in the market tab while mining in an expensive boat again, correct? If you care about your assets, watch your scanners while you mine. Buying a permit may sound like extortion (it is), but unless you have the political and military clout to DO something about it, best to just pay up.

CODE owns their space. Move, pay up, or blow up.



Or I can just not pay and dock and bore you virgins to death and return to mining later on and also not saying anything to you people so I don't entertain the virus you guys spread.



The best thing to do is to draw attention to yourself by posting repeatedly in a thread filled to the brim with blood crazy gankers. I can almost hear the locator agents running. All I can say is best of luck to you mate.

Can I have your stuff when CODE pushes your **** in and you implode in a ball of frothing impotent rage?

...

Claudia Osyn
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#277 - 2014-04-09 22:10:37 UTC
1) Know when and where CODE operates. Avoid these places when they're online.

2) Set traps. ex: Armor tank your barge and have a repper cloaked nearby waiting. Armor reps keep you alive long enough for CONCORD to pop them.

3) don't mine belts. You are an easy target. Mission pockets are good, make the clowns scan you down and work for there killmail.

4) don't antagonize CODE or bi**h about them unless you are looking for them to come after you.

See, CODE is easily delt with.

A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.

Dalto Bane
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2014-04-09 22:14:36 UTC
I can appreciate OP's post. I am a former miner. (crowd says, "Hi, Dalto", like its a AA meeting)

I can tell you that I also have more SP that I care to think about rolled into mining and production, much more than most of you that call themselves pure miners. I can provide near perfect mining boost in an Orca also. I only say that, to say this, If New Order ganks you, its your fault, not theirs. I am not talking specifically about permits, but more so on your lack of attention to local, your carelessness, non-existent tank, or your bad attitude and rage fueled insults that you hurl at them.

The sooner that high-sec miners lose the sense of entitlement about being safe and "CAN I HAZ ALL THE ROCKS" mentality, the better high-sec mining will be. New Order and James 315 does far more good than bad, I promise any miner that. I would much rather see a few ganked hulks than belts spilling over with bot miners anyday.

Drops Mic

Alyth Nerun
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#279 - 2014-04-09 22:22:33 UTC
Claudia Osyn wrote:
1) Know when and where CODE operates. Avoid these places when they're online.

2) Set traps. ex: Armor tank your barge and have a repper cloaked nearby waiting. Armor reps keep you alive long enough for CONCORD to pop them.

3) don't mine belts. You are an easy target. Mission pockets are good, make the clowns scan you down and work for there killmail.

4) don't antagonize CODE or bi**h about them unless you are looking for them to come after you.

See, CODE is easily delt with.

1) by that you mean avoid highsec?
2) ship scanners and cloak delay
3) takes about half a minute to scan a barge down with the new one-hand-zero-skill-needed probe scanner
4) oh look, some useful advice

You totally forgot:
0) purchase a mining permit for only 10mil ISK per year and legalize your mining
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#280 - 2014-04-09 22:55:03 UTC
Kelur Hunted wrote:


Or I can just not pay and dock and bore you virgins to death and return to mining later on and also not saying anything to you people so I don't entertain the virus you guys spread.


Love these. Firstly, I am not part of New Order or CODE. I support what they do because it generates content. Secondly, as soon as you make comments like "you virgins", you automatically lose any credibility as its a baseless personal attack with no relevance to the argument.

As you will soon realize, players in EvE are likely to reap what they sow. You have kicked the hornets nest. Enjoy that.

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment