These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Suggestion for a new form of hybrid PvE/PvP content: Distress Calls

Author
Illindar Tyrannus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2014-06-27 00:45:53 UTC
Maku Seldon wrote:
Good idea, even if it is an old thread. One of the things eve needs is more events that people can do together and generate some interest. Many of my friends dropped the game prematurely because they felt that they had to create their own fun in eve, and events like this would help more people get involved in the PVP which some obviously consider the best way to generate fun.

Thats what I was thinking when I saw this to stepping stone from PVE to PVP are good and this will get players feet wet so to speak.
Zectbu Kendraven
Chaotic Mercs
#162 - 2014-08-29 18:27:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Zectbu Kendraven
As far as I can tell, this is a wholly brilliant idea that would add a great deal to many areas of the game. For whatever it's worth, full support from me!

Edit: Hadn't quite processed how old the last post here was; having found it via a link from another post. Hope I'm not violating any necro-posting rules... I will say, though, I don't mind having bumped this up-it seems like it's worth drawing more attention to this!
Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#163 - 2014-08-29 23:36:46 UTC
Zectbu Kendraven wrote:
As far as I can tell, this is a wholly brilliant idea that would add a great deal to many areas of the game. For whatever it's worth, full support from me!

Edit: Hadn't quite processed how old the last post here was; having found it via a link from another post. Hope I'm not violating any necro-posting rules... I will say, though, I don't mind having bumped this up-it seems like it's worth drawing more attention to this!

I think I need to update it and repost it. With the currently being worked on NPC creation tools, it's more viable than ever, IMO.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

SGT FUNYOUN
Elysian Space Navy - 1st Fleet
#164 - 2014-08-30 04:25:10 UTC
First... bump.

Second... do want.

Third... I think that when you show up, it should not be JUST pirates on station fighting just the NPC Cap... there should be a navy fleet that responded to the distress signal, so that if nothing but players who want destroy the Capital and help the rats... then they would not juts have an unrelentless advantage, but an NPC fight against a navy faction... and if only once or two "good players" showed up... they would not just get slaughtered by the rats and pirate players... balanced teams on each side... until the players show up.