These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Try our new hacking/archaeology sites!

First post First post
Author
blink alt
Doomheim
#521 - 2013-05-29 14:08:10 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:
MainDrain wrote:
Is this some sort of confirmation that the bonuses will be present on the T2 Cov ops hulls??


Yup. T1 will have a +5 Strength bonus and T2 +10.


Will the t3 scanning sub system get +10 too?
Palal
Go For Broke
#522 - 2013-05-29 14:30:28 UTC
blink alt wrote:
CCP Bayesian wrote:
MainDrain wrote:
Is this some sort of confirmation that the bonuses will be present on the T2 Cov ops hulls??


Yup. T1 will have a +5 Strength bonus and T2 +10.


Will the t3 scanning sub system get +10 too?



^^^ +1

Please make the T3's viable.. Played several null sec sites just now before singularity went offline. I was able to finish 2 and several I couldn't finish. Using the T1 module and hacking:4 & arch:4. So I'm not terrible.

PRO TIP: You're goning to want cargo hold extenders on your ships! Nothing worse than grabbing cans and not having enough room!
Mario delTorres
Praetore Im Picaro Ama
#523 - 2013-05-29 15:19:03 UTC
t3 scanning subsystem has already +10% scan strength per level.


Palal wrote:
blink alt wrote:
CCP Bayesian wrote:
MainDrain wrote:
Is this some sort of confirmation that the bonuses will be present on the T2 Cov ops hulls??


Yup. T1 will have a +5 Strength bonus and T2 +10.


Will the t3 scanning sub system get +10 too?



^^^ +1

Please make the T3's viable.. Played several null sec sites just now before singularity went offline. I was able to finish 2 and several I couldn't finish. Using the T1 module and hacking:4 & arch:4. So I'm not terrible.

PRO TIP: You're goning to want cargo hold extenders on your ships! Nothing worse than grabbing cans and not having enough room!

Panhead4411
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#524 - 2013-05-29 15:30:16 UTC
Nubchucker wrote:
I was pretty excited when I first read about the changes.

Finally I can do hacking/arch/exploration in an all in one ship \o/.

Imagine my disappointment to find T1 ships have a bonus to virus strength and T2 doesn't.

Basically due to the new hacking rigs etc I STILL need 2 ships.. A covert ops to scan the sites down and a T1 to run the site.

Seems stupid to me



Yeah, imagine that, CCP not actually testing something. Never happens though...ever...

Also, on a side note...don't those same T1 hulls have a drone bay, to...i don't know....defend themselves...whereas, the T2 hulls...ummm...don't??!?!?!

Again with the boneheaded 'designing while in a very small single minded box' ideas that somehow escape reason.

http://blog.beyondreality.se/shift-click-does-nothing    < Unified Inventory is NOT ready...

Vladimir Norkoff
Income Redistribution Service
#525 - 2013-05-29 15:31:52 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:
We made a considered decision to not do that in order to release in a timely manner. We don't think the hacking mechanics are broken or ruined by not including it but we are making it a priority for the work we are doing right after release because it is the cornerstone to adding more depth to the mechanic. Ideas like the one Dax Buchanan mentioned of going deeper to get a chance at better loot are the sorts of additional mechanics we actively thinking about.
Yeah I agree, it doesn't make it broken or ruined. It just makes it completely random and frustrating. Every other aspect of EvE you can make an effort to plan ahead (ship fitting, map checking, etc) in order to affect your success/survival. But not in this. And it's gonna annoy players when it goes live.

So you made this decision as a team? It's like you guys made the conscious decision to shoot yourselves in the foot. Well whatever works for you. Just hope you guys have prepped yourselves (and your bosses) for the upcoming ragestorm, and hope your reiteration comes within a couple weeks (if not days) of release.

Would love to see the metrics of average exploration sites run per day before and then following the release of this.
Saheed Cha'chris'ra
Krautz WH Exploration and Production
#526 - 2013-05-29 15:36:00 UTC
By the way guys, there is a NEW FEEDBACK THREAD since monday. Maybe you should tell your problems there, so the devs don't have to read both threads (why is this one not locked yet?). Question
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#527 - 2013-05-29 15:43:26 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:

FWIW we think the "mini tractor beam" goes part of the way to removing some of the magic from EVE. Namely how do you transfer loot from whatever contains it to your hold at a distance. To go the full way we would need to add the visualization to the other actions where this happens.

That would have to include putting stuff into cans, or transferring between cans. There it would be more of a "manipulator beam" rather than a tractor. Then consider the POS with the new long range transfer rules. Presumably the beams would come from the tower and be shown moving stuff as I do logistics.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#528 - 2013-05-29 15:46:40 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:
Vladimir Norkoff wrote:
CCP Bayesian wrote:
The problem at the moment is that hackers start each attempt from scratch, you can't bring Utilities in with you and there are no utility elements that give you a peak at what might be where on the board. This limits the strategies that can be developed quite severely.
I don't understand how you can acknowledge this is a problem and yet NOT fix it before implementing the system. It's just mind-boggling.


We made a considered decision to not do that in order to release in a timely manner. We don't think the hacking mechanics are broken or ruined by not including it but we are making it a priority for the work we are doing right after release because it is the cornerstone to adding more depth to the mechanic. Ideas like the one Dax Buchanan mentioned of going deeper to get a chance at better loot are the sorts of additional mechanics we actively thinking about.


Some of us understand that you won't delay the whole release just to make this mini-game more exciting. Here is hoping that you'll make it a pretty big priority for the first few (point) releases afterwards, though. Try hard to add more depth to the game, the longevity of this staying interesting is the mini-game itself having enough depth to have replay-value instead of repeat-tedium.

I like the idea of getting more (or better) stuff into the cans by exploring more of the map or finding specific data nodes.
Degin'eth
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#529 - 2013-05-29 18:48:13 UTC
A Visual bug in Ruined Serpentis Crystal Quarry:

http://imgur.com/a/U3SSS

Or maybe it's intended?
Andreus Ixiris
Duty.
SE7EN-SINS
#530 - 2013-05-29 20:22:35 UTC
CCP, is there any particular reason you're ignoring the massive volume of posts from people saying that the loot spew mechanic either:

a. shouldn't be implemented at all
b. is seriously not ready for primetime?

Because I'm beginning to question why the test server is there at all.

Andreus Ixiris > A Civire without a chin is barely a Civire at all.

Pieter Tuulinen > He'd be Civirely disadvantaged, Andreus.

Andreus Ixiris > ...

Andreus Ixiris > This is why we're at war.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#531 - 2013-05-29 21:10:28 UTC
Degin'eth wrote:
A Visual bug in Ruined Serpentis Crystal Quarry:

http://imgur.com/a/U3SSS

Or maybe it's intended?


The Black Monolith is certainly not a bug. However, I'm still convinced that every single Relic container continuing to spawn inside it is.
Anela Cistine
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#532 - 2013-05-30 00:41:02 UTC
Sven Viko VIkolander wrote:
After reading a lot of reviews on blogs and video reviews on youtube, I don't think there is anyone that actually enjoys the new sites.


I enjoy the new sites.

I enjoy the new sites more than the ones on Tranquility right now.

I even enjoy the spew mechanic. It is different than anything else in Eve right now, but different doesn't mean worse.


I'm not sure about the isk/hour. When I first tried profession sites years ago I didn't enjoy them very much, and everyone said the isk/hour wasn't nearly as good as activities like ratting or running complexes so I stopped doing them. I'm sure the ISK/hour is the easiest thing to tweak after release, when they have stats on how many people are using the system, and how good people get at catching spew.

This is a big change. People who love the current system for profession sites may not like the new system. On the other hand, people who don't like the current system may like the new system better. So far most of the people giving feedback are people who are used to the current system, and see the new system as a threat to something they like. We won't know whether most players like it or hate it until it is live on Tranquility and more people who aren't invested in the current system give it a spin. If more people are doing profession sites in a year than are doing them now, the change will be a success even if most of the current crop of explorers are mad about it.

My biggest concern right now is that most people in my alliance hate mining, so our industry indexes suck. Sad I'm not sure if it will be practical to raise industry index on profession sites alone, or if the lack of mining will keep us in the ghetto.
Telrei
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#533 - 2013-05-30 06:39:03 UTC
Since as someone said before this thead is still open I will ask this here as well to CCP and others....

Telrei wrote:

Eve is always and should always be the giant sandbox...

If you want to play solo you can play solo
If you come to a harder challenge you just need more skills and a better ship or a group of lesser skilled players
If you come to great challenges you can't beat no matter the skill or ship you need a group
If you want to play with a group made up of yourself to overcome those same great challenges you can

The current system does away with that as a blanket ban....

I guess my question to you is simple.
Why do you feel that all hacking and Arch sites should require multiple players no matter what the difficulty of the challenge is.
Doesn't matter if I have 100+SP char with a +1b properly fit ship.
Doesn't matter if I have 4 accounts that I am multi-boxing at once that can easily run almost any other site/mission/plex in the game.

Just that currently every hacking/Arch site no matter the level or difficulty must have two people running it to get the full reward (from the loot spew)....
Kai Pirinha
#534 - 2013-05-30 10:44:57 UTC
The hacking is doable, but frankly what I really do not appreciate is that "grab what you can"-experience.
This is maybe fun once or twice, but if you are looking for a stable(!) income, than this makes those sites completely unattractive.

Sorry but even though it looked nice, I find this new system of loot utterly disgusting and have no fun in it.

My five cents. Of course others may have different opinions and try to convince me why it's better (or not). I just wanted to give you my personal input.

Hello World

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#535 - 2013-05-30 11:00:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Kai Pirinha wrote:
The hacking is doable, but frankly what I really do not appreciate is that "grab what you can"-experience.
This is maybe fun once or twice, but if you are looking for a stable(!) income, than this makes those sites completely unattractive.

Sorry but even though it looked nice, I find this new system of loot utterly disgusting and have no fun in it.

My five cents. Of course others may have different opinions and try to convince me why it's better (or not). I just wanted to give you my personal input.


New feedback thread. Up in the stickies. Open your eyes. Thank you.

One other thing: Treasure Hunting has never been a "stable" income, nor should it ever be. If you want stability, go run missions.
Kai Pirinha
#536 - 2013-05-30 11:18:14 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
New feedback thread. Up in the stickies. Open your eyes. Thank you.

One other thing: Treasure Hunting has never been a "stable" income, nor should it ever be. If you want stability, go run missions.

Ah thanks, sorry I missed it.

Yes it has never been a "stable" income, but now it becomes even more unstable because I might miss the few goodies that made it worthwhile. So it feels like luck² (luck squared), because I do not only need luck to have a site with something in it, but also to grab the correct container.

Before it was somewhat stable. Doing 20 sites gave you a relatively constant amount of ISK - maybe a bit more on one day and a bit less the next, but over time you could be fairly accurate about your income. Now with that "fast fast" "grab grab" "hush hush" it is not what I'm looking for, it becomes to stressy and to quick and I don't like it. That's all I am saying and I think I am entitled to my opinion and to share it, especially if CCP asked for it.

Hello World

Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#537 - 2013-05-30 17:15:26 UTC
A good suggestion: Add a node in the exploration game that unlock a expedition, reveling the location of a harder site only accessible to you and your fleet. In other system. This site obviously have a better loot and could take to other site...

This would probably make the players to travel allot. And really explore the game.

The main Idea would be to force players to move from regions of space into lower security as the difficulty increases, until it starts leadin into WHSpace and Deeper WHSpace... Of course, it becomes really more difficult to find Specific WH systems, but if you run it quite allot, you will end up with a nice pool of systems and the small probability will start to become relevant.

Also this makes the rewards progressive with the time and effort. What makes this a meaningful profession to invest.
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#538 - 2013-05-30 17:16:07 UTC
Is there any chance to we need to get inside huge caves?
CCP Bayesian
#539 - 2013-05-30 17:49:55 UTC
Kai Pirinha wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
New feedback thread. Up in the stickies. Open your eyes. Thank you.

One other thing: Treasure Hunting has never been a "stable" income, nor should it ever be. If you want stability, go run missions.

Ah thanks, sorry I missed it.

Yes it has never been a "stable" income, but now it becomes even more unstable because I might miss the few goodies that made it worthwhile. So it feels like luck² (luck squared), because I do not only need luck to have a site with something in it, but also to grab the correct container.

Before it was somewhat stable. Doing 20 sites gave you a relatively constant amount of ISK - maybe a bit more on one day and a bit less the next, but over time you could be fairly accurate about your income. Now with that "fast fast" "grab grab" "hush hush" it is not what I'm looking for, it becomes to stressy and to quick and I don't like it. That's all I am saying and I think I am entitled to my opinion and to share it, especially if CCP asked for it.


You can work on both now, the cans that are scattered out are described based on their contents and you can scan the sites themselves to find out whats in them and make sensible choices. We're intending to make a bunch of usability improvements to identifying the different can types.

EVE Software Engineer Team Space Glitter

blink alt
Doomheim
#540 - 2013-05-30 18:42:36 UTC
CCP Bayesian wrote:
You can work on both now, the cans that are scattered out are described based on their contents and you can scan the sites themselves to find out whats in them and make sensible choices. We're intending to make a bunch of usability improvements to identifying the different can types.


I would be interested in more details on this. At first I assumed the can names meant something and reflected what kind of items could spawn in it, beyond just the low value items like the test reports. However, upon more testing it was apparant that the good loot, like the decyptors in a data site, was randomly spawning in any given container that was scattered from the spew container. Ill be sure to get back on sisi to try to figure it out myself but would apprecaite if you could take a moment for some clarification.