These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE True Stories Competition Results

Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#81 - 2013-05-22 20:35:36 UTC
Guess what? I won't be buying none of the stories if they ever are released as comic books. But I guess they're going to sell at least as many copies as they got votes for the Goon ones... Lol

Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#82 - 2013-05-22 21:44:33 UTC
Obunagawe wrote:
I don't know why they even bothered to write a story.

"Once upon a time, Goonswarm block voted and won 240 PLEX. The end."

Mittens' story should have just been the word "story" and that's it. It would have been a great troll.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Traidir
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#83 - 2013-05-23 11:01:56 UTC
KuroVolt wrote:
To the people complaining how the voting system doesnt work due to alliance/coalition bias:

What kind of realistic alternative do you suggest?

Are you going to forbid people from the same alliance to vote for members? That is retarted, dont be retarted.

Realistic Alternative:
Each time someone goes to vote, they get 3-5 stories to read through. They then have to rank those stories from best to worst. Each vote earns a CCP gag gift. Repeat enough times for every story to get ranked against a bunch of others, then apply a sorting algorithm. The cream will naturally rise to the top.
Lady Areola Fappington
#84 - 2013-05-23 11:12:32 UTC
This contest was a pretty smooth idea by CCP, TBH. Saves them some cash coming up with story ideas if they decide to go ahead with the whole TV show thing.

Not to mention when you wrote a story for them, you handed over all IP rights to the story...

Now, if we can just convince CCP to cast Gary Busey for the role of The Mittani...

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Coreola
Disorderly Vagrants
Brave Collective
#85 - 2013-06-07 19:43:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Coreola
Blobs always going to hate on highly-skilled, small gang groups.

RnK stories are boring...

Dropping 100 caps on some lone cap pilot is way more interesting. Tell us some stories like this, please.. We're all enamored by your guile and tactics.

Jump, jump, jump.