These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

IS boxer Software and it's legality under the EULA

First post First post First post
Author
Randi Fleetstalker
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#241 - 2013-05-26 14:40:28 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
GreenSeed wrote:
please explain to me how the living *@(% can anyone bot with isboxer, innerspace, or any other multiboxing application. please, do.

InnerSpace provides you with a hook into the DirectX EndScene method.

From there you can do more or less whatever the **** you want to do. No need for something crude like OCR or repeated keystrokes.

There's a very popular InnerSpace extension for EVE, look it up if you think I'm lying to you.


Inner Space is programmable, people can technically write pretty much anything for it. Windows is also programmable, people can technically write pretty much anything for it. There are popular EVE bots for Windows, look it up if you think I'm lying to you.

What does any of this have to do with ISBoxer, besides that ISBoxer is written for Windows and Inner Space?

Inner Space isn't the only thing people use that "hooks into DirectX". Mumble and Teamspeak both have in-game overlays. Mumble is also Open Source, meaning that you can directly code your hacks into Mumble. People also play the game in Linux by using Wine, which is also Open Source, and you can directly code your hacks into Wine.

The only difference here is your personal feelings.
Ellen Thrace
State War Academy
Caldari State
#242 - 2013-06-08 01:13:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Ellen Thrace
I really don't know which part of the following sentence don't people understand:

"You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played."

“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”

Kewso
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#243 - 2013-06-08 02:07:12 UTC
tinyminer, ghostsuite, isk miner, stealth miner, ISxEve, all use innerspace and couple use ISBoxer with scripts

Isboxer is the platform but plug in any of the aforementioned scripts and you have a full fledged automated bot. All but 2 have been updated for Odyssey already.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#244 - 2013-06-08 02:23:08 UTC

Applicable:

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#245 - 2013-06-08 02:24:32 UTC
Kewso wrote:
tinyminer, ghostsuite, isk miner, stealth miner, ISxEve, all use innerspace and couple use ISBoxer with scripts

Isboxer is the platform but plug in any of the aforementioned scripts and you have a full fledged automated bot. All but 2 have been updated for Odyssey already.


Shhhh...."You don't know what you're talking about".

"IT'S NOT BOTWARE!!!"

"IT'S NOT MACROS!!!"

Roll

Meanwhile, when you encounter that 30+ account player in a WoW battleground....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA8b5AIpBE&list=UU8HoHTs_hXwFlpp8PlZqqQA

You do know what you're talking about.

Encountered that dude in AV one time when I was the BG leader. Since you can't beat him (instantly killed), wasted his time for almost 2hrs while his sidekicked screamed and hollered, and proceeded to kill himself 100+ times to end the match.

Devs that don't break that junk don't care about their players, they're just milking players for their money (like taking 100x$15 a month), ruining the experience of the other players.

It's that type of negatives that bleed players from a game, because they're tired of wasting their 1 or 2hr playtime and money trying to compete with fools like that.

Multiboxing is fine for mundane activities and leveling alts (I multibox 3 clients in WoW). It's not fine in public queues/instances/events and it's economy, as it hurts the other players, as it robs them of their value in a game.

Break that junk already, not excuse it.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

GreenSeed
#246 - 2013-06-08 02:36:21 UTC
hey dimwit, i think you meant to post that in here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/
Xeraphi
Perkone
Caldari State
#247 - 2013-06-08 06:42:40 UTC
Ellen Thrace wrote:
I really don't know which part of the following sentence don't people understand:

"You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played."


Oh no I use evemon to plan out my skill queue. This gives me a huge advantage over the ingame tools. Will I be banned?

*tongue inserted firmly into cheek

New target lock death animation problem #1 ^ eye strain and pain Temporary workaround found to one of these.

Bar0th
DYNAMIC INTERVENTION
ORPHANS OF EVE
#248 - 2013-06-08 08:29:06 UTC
GM Lelouch wrote:
...

Let us make an example to illustrate why:

'Hypothetical Software v1.0' is released to the joy of all and is eventually endorsed by CCP as a fine supplement to EVE; the program is officially declared to not be in violation of the EVE EULA/ToS. Some weeks later, the developers of 'Hypothetical Software' releases an update, version 1.1, an update which adds macro mining functionality to the program's existing features. Automating the mining portion of the game is obviously in violation of the EVE EULA so use of 'Hypothetical Software' would suddenly become a EULA violation despite prior endorsement by CCP.
...


Like, Inner Space? Which powers ISBoxer, and supports full automation, memory modification of the target process, etc.. In addition, Inner Space also powers several bots.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#249 - 2013-06-08 08:35:20 UTC
GreenSeed wrote:
hey dimwit, i think you meant to post that in here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/


Yo, dummy, apparently CCP is sharing Cliff Notes with Blizzard in how to kill a game with bots. Roll

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

VegasMirage
Syndicate Enterprise
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#250 - 2013-06-08 14:51:38 UTC  |  Edited by: VegasMirage
Bar0th wrote:
GM Lelouch wrote:
...

Let us make an example to illustrate why:

'Hypothetical Software v1.0' is released to the joy of all and is eventually endorsed by CCP as a fine supplement to EVE; the program is officially declared to not be in violation of the EVE EULA/ToS. Some weeks later, the developers of 'Hypothetical Software' releases an update, version 1.1, an update which adds macro mining functionality to the program's existing features. Automating the mining portion of the game is obviously in violation of the EVE EULA so use of 'Hypothetical Software' would suddenly become a EULA violation despite prior endorsement by CCP.
...


Like, Inner Space? Which powers ISBoxer, and supports full automation, memory modification of the target process, etc.. In addition, Inner Space also powers several bots.


Hi Bar0th :) remember me o/

The problem is most of the player comments against ISBOXER relies on what you just said, "supports full automation".

You can ban ISBOXER, but then what you really need to ban is the programming languages like AutoHotKey because ISBOXER commands can be written in dozens of languages using just as many methods.

CCP made it clear, if you are at the computer and the game play you're interacting with is NOT a closed loop then you're not "botting" or breaking the game.

Closed loop means accepting a courier mission and having your char leave station and return to station turning in the mission... etc.,

The short cut menu offered by CCP in game are in many instances macros. Key combinations making the game less tedious and more fun to play.

Anybody who is still whining after my post is someone who has folders full of their "selfies" on their desktop .

Stop the whine.

no more games... it's real this time!!!

Ellen Thrace
State War Academy
Caldari State
#251 - 2013-06-08 17:38:21 UTC
ISBOXER clearly violates the EULA.


I just want to give my opinion about
MULTICLIENT, MULTIBOX Software and "translate/repeat keyboard/mouse commands to multiple clients".


MULTICLIENT - its allowed by CCP and its fine by me.
MULTIBOX Software - I dont like it but its allowed by CCP.

"translate/repeat keyboard/mouse commands to multiple clients" - this is absolutely shameful !
I dont care what other games or CCP think about it, but


I WILL NEVER ACCEPT IT ! ! !





Also this thread
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=217614

“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#252 - 2013-06-08 17:48:49 UTC
Ellen Thrace wrote:
ISBOXER clearly violates the EULA.
Incorrect.
Ellen Thrace
State War Academy
Caldari State
#253 - 2013-06-08 18:03:00 UTC
Ellen Thrace wrote:
I really don't know which part of the following sentence don't people understand:

"You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played."

“If you're not willing to fight for what you have in ≡v≡ you don't deserve it, and you will lose it.”

Xeraphi
Perkone
Caldari State
#254 - 2013-06-09 10:01:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Xeraphi
Ellen Thrace wrote:
Ellen Thrace wrote:
I really don't know which part of the following sentence don't people understand:

"You may not use your own or third-party software to modify any content appearing within the Game environment or change how the Game is played."



How does playing the game the same way on multiple clients at once change the way the game is played? It's being played the same way. The exact same way.

I have a miner, and yeah it would suck for me, a one-person miner to show up to a belt and see like, 40 accounts there. But those aren't botters and I'd just go to another belt. Botters are the ones that show up in my belt and mine the same rock I'm mining because their botting script tells them to mine the biggest rock there. Which happens to be the same one I picked by actively playing. And then their script mines the second biggest rock... which I'd already switched to... and they don't respond in local when you say "hey dude watch where you mine" because they're afk and not even playing the game, letting a script do it.

Where I mine, several people have 3-4 miners and an orca. I was mining once, warped to a belt, and there were 4 exhumers there. So I warped to the next belt. Someone obviously controlling all the accounts warped in those 4 exhumers. Since I was there already, warped all of them off. That's not botting and is downright considerate.

As far as I can tell, with ISBoxer the player still has to be there. Not understanding the hatred, here. I think it's pretty epic to play multiple accounts at once. It must be hard to pvp like that though.

If there are third-party scripts for that software which violate the EULA, I'm sure it makes it tougher for CCP to deal with the problem, however I commend them for not banning software that does not in itself violate the EULA.

New target lock death animation problem #1 ^ eye strain and pain Temporary workaround found to one of these.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2013-06-09 11:12:04 UTC
Xeraphi wrote:
As far as I can tell, with ISBoxer the player still has to be there. Not understanding the hatred, here. I think it's pretty epic to play multiple accounts at once. It must be hard to pvp like that though.


The hatred comes from dealing with them in multiple games and how they ruin the fun of other players.

Does this look hard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfA8b5AIpBE&list=UU8HoHTs_hXwFlpp8PlZqqQA

It isn't with multibox software...which is w-h-y they use it.

Multiclient it is difficult especially using but one monitor without the keystroke and PiP help.

Multiboxing used to be where each computer had a mouse and keyboard (required a long table to align multiple keyboards side-by-side too). This software eliminates the need to manually use a mouse and keyboard across all those computers, and play the game as if it's on one box. With PiP they can use one monitor, too.

Xeraphi wrote:
If there are third-party scripts for that software which violate the EULA, I'm sure it makes it tougher for CCP to deal with the problem, however I commend them for not banning software that does not in itself violate the EULA.


By not banning it, they leave the door open for anyone to use automation scripts. Because they're not actively monitoring for it, and even if they did launch a script scan, it'll take months before they are banned...to start it all over again.

Flat out just needs to be broken.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#256 - 2013-06-09 12:35:19 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
By not banning it, they leave the door open for anyone to use automation scripts.
Not really, no. At least no more open than it would be anyway.

Quote:
Because they're not actively monitoring for it
Who says they aren't…?
Amelia Ryan
CONCORD Operations
#257 - 2013-06-09 14:17:24 UTC
*insert any argument that you think is genius because you are an unique snowflake on the internet on this topic no matter how many tread-naughts were made you didn't read anyway where the same argument has been voiced in some form however fell on deaf ears because CCP standpoint is clear and hasn't changed on second thought you might wanna get the clue and stop typing right now because it's pointless*

TL;DR Deal with it.
Xavier Liche
ACME Mineral and Gas
#258 - 2013-06-09 14:27:47 UTC
This is a company that lets people post RL web scams/ID theft etc ingame chat and you are worried about multi boxing? Shocked

If you are looking for some kind of values, or morality, you came to the wrong game.
Demolishar
United Aggression
#259 - 2013-06-09 14:44:04 UTC
I heard you can use computers to make macros.

Better ban the use of computers to play EVE.
Jason Xado
Doomheim
#260 - 2013-06-09 14:50:08 UTC
Multiboxing is valid gameplay. It allows for a level playing field giving smaller groups (and solo players) an ability to compete with larger groups.