These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I would buy a PLEX if I could sell it for 2 billion ISK. How about you?

First post
Author
Joxxy
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2013-05-21 14:44:55 UTC
Basicly - no ...

I pay with PLEX because I can.

So far I have played with PLEX and before that with ISK bought GTCs for past few years ( cca 6 years or so, on and off )....

when I have enough ISK to loose ships like candy and pay PLEX, I do it.

When ISK is low and a battlecruiser sounds liek an investement - RL money it is.

Can I pay EVE with IRL money ? Sure.
Then why dont I ? Because Im cheap and watch over every $ I spend. If there is some extra at the end of teh month, put it aside for rainy day or on kids account. Either way, hide from yourself and dont spend it ...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#162 - 2013-05-21 14:47:16 UTC
BTW just so we are all clear: I feel very confident in saying that every single one of CSM8 is unalterably opposed to this terrible idea, and if for some unfathomable reason the subject came up, we would advise CCP in the strongest terms not to pursue it.

PLEX as they stand are a brilliant solution to a number of problems that modern MMOs face, and they're probably one of the biggest factors in EVE's continued survival and success. To risk killing a golden goose like that would be incredibly foolish.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#163 - 2013-05-21 14:59:44 UTC
Captain Tardbar wrote:
Look. Chances are if you are buying plex with isk, you are most likley earning less than minimum wage in a sense.

If you work at McDonalds in the USA and work two hours you can pay for a month subscription for $7.50 and hour. For working 4 hours you can earn subscription and a plex.

Basically if you cannot make your subscription plus 500 million isk with 4 hours of EVE then you are wasting your time.

Unless, you are enjoying playing EVE more than working at McDonalds then I suppose its not that bad.

Yes, i enjoy playing EVE for HOURS killing NPCs and getting loot while drinking beer and talking on comms more than i do spending another 37 minutes are work dealing with crack heads, stick up kids and (even worse) Lieutenants and Captains just trying to live long enough to retire lol.

The whole "just work more hours IRL to buy space-cash in a video game" has always been silly to me when you can just play the video game and they HAND you the space-cash (npc bounties in my case).
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#164 - 2013-05-21 15:33:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Severide
Eram Fidard wrote:
I wonder how people who make $100 a month working their fingers off feel about you not getting more ISK for your allowance money.

Someone making $100 a month won't be here reading and should have got an education. It's not my problem or concern... IE: I don't give a ****...

Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Eram Fidard wrote:
Corey Fumimasa wrote:

My goals........

WTF does any of this have to do with unbalancing the eve economy?

You, sir, are a troll. And you clearly didn't read my flowchart.

I am a "troll" with 2000+ hits on a thread about shifting the advantage to those players who pay for the game. You are a guy with a flow chart that no one read.

LOLOLOLOL - Excellent...
Corey Fumimasa
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#165 - 2013-05-21 21:09:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
BTW just so we are all clear: I feel very confident in saying that every single one of CSM8 is unalterably opposed to this terrible idea, and if for some unfathomable reason the subject came up, we would advise CCP in the strongest terms not to pursue it.

PLEX as they stand are a brilliant solution to a number of problems that modern MMOs face, and they're probably one of the biggest factors in EVE's continued survival and success. To risk killing a golden goose like that would be incredibly foolish.

Bah... Corey Fumimasa CSM9! Set the Goose to Free.
Doc Severide
Doomheim
#166 - 2013-05-21 21:20:22 UTC
Right...The CSM that really has no authority to do a damned thing except talk...What a complete waste of time and effort...
Murk Paradox
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#167 - 2013-05-21 21:22:54 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:
Right...The CSM that really has no authority to do a damned thing except talk...What a complete waste of time and effort...

It's not what you say, it's who you say it to.

As much as I can argue with Malcanis, I cannot dispute his level of involvement nor do I think it's a bad thing for Eve.

(Yes, I even voted for him).

This with the knowledge that we don't see eye to eye or have, at times, the same viewpoint.

Rather have him speak to CCP than worry about his own personal agenda.

This post has been signed by Murk Paradox and no other accounts, alternate or otherwise. Any other post claiming to be this holder's is subject to being banned at the discretion of the GM Team as it would violate the TOS in regards to impersonation. Signed, Murk Paradox. In triplicate.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#168 - 2013-05-22 09:55:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcanis
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Bah... Corey Fumimasa CSM9! Set the Goose to Free.

Yes the incredible level of support you have received for this idea augers well for your campaign. I will watch your political career with interest.

(When I'm interested in something, it looks a lot like I'm stifling laughter and eating popcorn. Don't worry about that though.)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#169 - 2013-05-22 09:57:08 UTC
Doc Severide wrote:

Awww don't worry, friend. I'm sure that one day, someone will be interested in one of your opinions

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016