These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

What happened to Ombey's 2D Maps?

First post
Author
Dalmont Delantee
Gecko Corp
#21 - 2013-05-17 19:28:26 UTC
*waits with baited breath to see what interesting things a cartographer does with eve map data*
Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#22 - 2013-05-17 19:33:22 UTC
Dalmont Delantee wrote:
*waits with baited breath to see what interesting things a cartographer does with eve map data*

I too like anchovies on my pizza and Greek salad.
Some Rando
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-05-17 19:34:54 UTC
Tippia wrote:
…and if you don't know enough SQL, here is a list of all lowsec systems, their regions and co-ordinates, and here is a list of all jumps away from lowsec systems (hopefully filtered so that lowsec-to-lowsec jumps are only listed once).

Was that directed at me? I admit I'm much better with MongoDB than SQL, so thank you.

CCP has no sense of humour.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2013-05-17 19:52:21 UTC
Ambassador Spock wrote:
Thanks Tippia, that is indeed exactly what I'd need. (I can script a bit, and I use SQL in my mapping programs, but I am not familiar enough with SQL programs to get at the information I'd need). If you can get me the same list for high & null I'd throw some isk your way. Big smile
Sure. You'll have to do the separation between sec levels yourself though. P
Same goes for Jove and wormhole systems, which are in there, but they should be pretty obviously disconnected anyway.

System regions and coordinatesJumps (again, hopefully with duplicates filtered out).

Some Rando wrote:
Was that directed at me? I admit I'm much better with MongoDB than SQL, so thank you.
No, it was more intended as a continuation of your post, for those who wanted the same data but who won't/can't be arsed with fiddling with the data dump.
Ambassador Spock
Doomheim
#25 - 2013-05-17 19:57:39 UTC
Thanks Tippia, I've been fiddling around with SQL Express since your last post and I haven't figured much out yet. That is perfect.

--  - Ambassador Spock

"Vulcans never bluff."

Mik Nostrebor
Into the night
#26 - 2013-05-21 05:20:15 UTC
Wow what a discussion. What makes Eve special is all the people that are in the game that do this kind of thing! My thanks to you all.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#27 - 2013-05-21 09:08:36 UTC
Dalmont Delantee wrote:

bated breath
ISD Gallifreyan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#28 - 2013-05-21 10:02:31 UTC
Very interesting development in this thread.
I too would like to see what you come up with.

ISD Gallifreyan

Lt. Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCL)

Interstellar Services Department

Maru Sha
The Department of Justice
#29 - 2013-05-21 11:16:41 UTC
I appreciate what other map developers produce and I can see / understand the advantages of those maps. Yet, I would like to return to the original topic of the thread and express my regret that Ombey's 2D Maps are (currently) not continued.
When I go on a roam, in most cases I will open the latest Ombey's map and plan my route. Using it for many years I can even say that the picture of the EVE universe in my head is defined by Ombey's maps.

I wonder if there are more Ombey's 2D Map friends and if it would be worth to find a common way how to keep them alive and up to date.

Maru Sha
Ambassador Spock
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-05-21 14:57:43 UTC
ISD Gallifreyan wrote:
Very interesting development in this thread.
I too would like to see what you come up with.

I'm uploading a video to Youtube of what I have so far; I'll link it in a new thread when it is done. (it is quite large, so it will take awhile...)

I apologize for hijacking your thread Mik Nostrebor, but I can tell you that I am planning on creating some regional pdf maps of my own, though they will have some cool features (such as the ability to turn on/off layers such as security status, number of moons, etc...). No idea on the time frame though, this is purely a personal project because I enjoy working with the software.

--  - Ambassador Spock

"Vulcans never bluff."

Ambassador Spock
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-05-22 01:43:01 UTC
For anyone interested in my project, here's a link to the video:

http://youtu.be/gflnEsIo5n4

I created a new thread so as to not hijack this one.

--  - Ambassador Spock

"Vulcans never bluff."

Mik Nostrebor
Into the night
#32 - 2013-05-23 01:38:49 UTC
Ambassador Spock wrote:

I apologize for hijacking your thread Mik Nostrebor,

Oh no, hijack away. I am loving watching the conversation. My question has been more than answered.
Previous page12