These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Anti-Angel Odyssey CNR

First post
Author
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#41 - 2013-05-17 22:46:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
I'm too lazy to find out where MI holds sov (or if you hold sov), so you should probably talk to your alliance mates about a good Cruise Golem fit. It sounds like you need to tank ~400 DPS which should be relatively trivial.

-Liang

Ed: At first they will laugh at you about cruise golems and tell you that the golem is a torp boat. However, come the expansion the Golem is a cruise boat.

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2013-05-17 22:54:52 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Is this fit for Anomalies? I'm not sure why you need so much tank, can't you kite most of the damage?

I'm not sure, that's why I went for the safety net. Maybe i can just warp to 100km and shoot most targets before they even get in range, couldn't say tbh.
Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-05-17 22:56:48 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
I'm too lazy to find out where MI holds sov (or if you hold sov), so you should probably talk to your alliance mates about a good Cruise Golem fit. It sounds like you need to tank ~400 DPS which should be relatively trivial.

-Liang

Ed: At first they will laugh at you about cruise golems and tell you that the golem is a torp boat. However, come the expansion the Golem is a cruise boat.

That may sound noob but what does the Sov have to do with it ?
( <- Returning after ... yeah that much time )
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#44 - 2013-05-17 23:03:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
Ziester wrote:
I'm not sure, that's why I went for the safety net. Maybe i can just warp to 100km and shoot most targets before they even get in range, couldn't say tbh.
It seems some of the Angel rats use missiles, but you can kite everything else I think. Personally, I'll be using a SeBo or Signal Amplifier fit for Sansha rats and probably kiting at around 120km.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#45 - 2013-05-17 23:07:14 UTC
Last I checked Havens weren't all that common in NPC space and un-upgraded space. Which tends to mean that you're in sov space. Which means you probably need to live there. Which means you probably need to own sov.

But, however you're there I don't really care. It's not like that's how I make my ISK so... /shrug

-Liang

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2013-05-17 23:21:12 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Last I checked Havens weren't all that common in NPC space and un-upgraded space. Which tends to mean that you're in sov space. Which means you probably need to live there. Which means you probably need to own sov.

But, however you're there I don't really care. It's not like that's how I make my ISK so... /shrug

-Liang

The only thing you need to know is that I have access to Angel Havens, no need to take this any further.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#47 - 2013-05-17 23:22:34 UTC
Ziester wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

The only thing you need to know is that I have access to Angel Havens, no need to take this any further.

Ok whatever. Next time specify that you are looking for help with Angel Havens instead of asking about generic Havens. Because ain't nobody got time to ******* read your mind to figure out where you do your PVE grinding.

-Liang

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-05-17 23:28:55 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Ok whatever. Next time specify that you are looking for help with Angel Havens instead of asking about generic Havens. Because ain't nobody got time to ******* read your mind to figure out where you do your PVE grinding.

-Liang

Hello ? Thread title ?

Anti-Angel Odyssey CNR

I mean, seriously ?
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#49 - 2013-05-18 07:41:32 UTC
Ziester wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Hello ? Thread title ?

Anti-Angel Odyssey CNR

I mean, seriously ?

Are you the OP? Turns out you are. And there I thought you were just a random **** poaster asking for fits because he wasn't creative enough to pull up EFT.

-Liang

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-05-18 10:12:45 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Ziester wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Hello ? Thread title ?

Anti-Angel Odyssey CNR

I mean, seriously ?

Are you the OP? Turns out you are. And there I thought you were just a random **** poaster asking for fits because he wasn't creative enough to pull up EFT.

-Liang

**** happens :p
Care to share that Angel Haven fit now ? xD
Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-05-18 11:03:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ziester
I actually ran some tests yesterday night on Sisi, with similarly fitted Golem and CNR, as follow :

Quote:
[Raven Navy Issue, Raven Navy Issue fit import 1]
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Co-Processor II
Damage Control II

Domination 100MN Microwarpdrive
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Cruise Missile

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Warrior II x5
Bouncer II x3

Quote:
[Golem, Golem fit]
Damage Control II

Domination 100MN Microwarpdrive
Medium Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800
EM Ward Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Dread Guristas X-Large Shield Booster

Small Tractor Beam I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I

Bouncer II x3

I tried a Volley on an Angel Cherubim,
Golem did 3066 dmg.
CNR did 3007 dmg.
Even though on-paper DPS is the same.

Golem has a better tank (448 for CNR, 682 for Golem), but a lower cap lifespan (2m7s instead of 3m32s)
Golem also has a smaller scan res, speed, align time, sensor strengh.
CNR has lower targeting range (93.75km, and 112.5km for Golem).

Given all this, I think I'll stick with the Golem since the goal here is to remain out of harm's way as long as possible and the ship can warp to 100km and still lock targets, which means i should have cleaned up most of the big DPS dealers before they close in and even get to deal anything else than missiles.

Besides, the cost of the whole setup is pretty similar around 1.7B, which I think might turn in favor of the Golem as I think CNR price is gonna explode pretty soon.

Only thing is I have Marauder Skill to 4 atm, which is good enough. I don't think getting it to 5 would change a lot, except helping a little with the emergency tank and maybe a bit more DPS ?

PS : The T2 fitted Golem I used for this test can clear an Angel Haven. I don't have T2 cruise missiles yet but even with Meta4 w/ DG Cruise I cleared it so with Fury it should be even easier.

What I'm wondering is if a voley of Fury can get 4 volleys to kill a BS instead of 5 with Meta4 / DG Nova
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2013-05-18 17:36:42 UTC
I'm not so familiar with Golems, so I dont like to say, but I'm pretty sure you can do a better CNR fit than that.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2013-05-18 18:19:37 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
I'm not so familiar with Golems, so I dont like to say, but I'm pretty sure you can do a better CNR fit than that.

What's your idea ?
hellcane
Never Back Down
#54 - 2013-05-18 18:43:09 UTC
Ziester wrote:

Besides, the cost of the whole setup is pretty similar around 1.7B, which I think might turn in favor of the Golem as I think CNR price is gonna explode pretty soon.

700m and rising last time i checked
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#55 - 2013-05-18 20:22:05 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

Any improvement he can make to the CNR would have carried over to the Golem fit too. But yes, both fits could have been improved.

-Liang

stoicfaux
#56 - 2013-05-18 22:50:24 UTC
A CNR with 2xRigor IIs, Flare II, and 2 TPs is essentially equivalent in damage application as a Golem with 2xRigor IIs and 2 TPs (~half a percentage point difference.)

Those ships with 1 TP are still essentially equivalent in volleys to kill. The CNR's applied damage is better, but not necessarily better enough to save a volley.

IMO, the Golem is better in that it can carry more TPs (3-4) versus the CNR's 2 TPs. Having 3-4 TPs reduces the annoyance and DPS loss associated with TP juggling, plus slapping 4 TPs on a frigate helps your drones to kill it faster and makes using Fury missiles effective at frigate killing as well.

However, the Golem has high skill requirements, so the CNR is easier to get into and to max out.

tl;dr - DPS wise, they're essentially equivalent. You can base your pick on price, tank, utility slots, skill reqs, looks, etc..

On a side note, NPCs are still using defenders, right? Last few times I've missioned, I don't remember seeing defenders being launched.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#57 - 2013-05-18 23:30:55 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Malcanis wrote:

Any improvement he can make to the CNR would have carried over to the Golem fit too. But yes, both fits could have been improved.

-Liang

Woud you care to elaborate ?
I'm not a big EFT warrior nor pro theorycrafter so if you have any way to improve those fits, spit it out :)
Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#58 - 2013-05-19 10:30:28 UTC
Are you thinking about faction mods ? or something else I just don't see ?
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#59 - 2013-05-19 10:52:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Riot Girl
This should be fine;
[Raven Navy Issue, OdysseyCNR]
Ballistic Control System II
Signal Amplifier II

100MN Afterburner II
Large Shield Booster II
Explosive Deflection Field II
Explosive Deflection Field II
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Targeting Range Script

Cruise Missile Launcher II, Nova Cruise Missile

Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst I

189km maximum kite range, perma-run the AB and cycle reps as you need them. It should have no trouble tanking the stray missiles as it has over 600 HP/s explosive tank. If you do take too much damage, you can increase the tank or drop down to T1 ammo and kite out beyond their missile range but that shouldn't be necessary (chances are, you may be able to afford to lose one of the hardeners). Use whatever drones you want.

Warp in to 100, keep closest BS at range 120km (increase anywhere up to 150km if their guns are hitting you) with perma-running AB. Take out farthest BSes first, leave the closest until last. Switch to Precision and prioritise Cruisers when they get to about 105km, then frigs and release drones when they are within drone range. Finish off remaining BSes.
Ziester
State War Academy
Caldari State
#60 - 2013-05-19 11:08:51 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
[...]

189km maximum kite range, perma-run the AB and cycle reps as you need them. It should have no trouble tanking the stray missiles as it has over 600 HP/s explosive tank. If you do take too much damage, you can increase the tank or drop down to T1 ammo and kite out beyond their missile range but that shouldn't be necessary. Use whatever drones you want.

Warp in to 100, keep closest BS at range 120km (increase anywhere up to 150km if their guns are hitting you) with perma-running AB. Take out farthest BSes first, leave the closest until last. Switch to Precision and prioritise Cruisers when they get to about 105km, then frigs and release drones when they are within drone range. Finish off remaining BSes.

Interesting, although I don't really think it's the way i wanna play it.
For the T2 fit test on Sisi I just sat at 100km with Bouncers and fired the missiles, closest to furthest BS, then finished off the rest with missiles/sentries, and honestly that Haven wasn't even tghat hard, even with T2 fit, so I guess with a couple faction here and there I don't really need to kite. Only drawback I see there is I have to carry some Cap booster 800, which I had no problem having in the Golem cargobay.

I could replace the MWD with an AB though, in Havens it doesn't seem like a MWD is required and it would help the cap and tank anyway.