These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Petition for FoxFour to officially change his dev name

First post First post First post
Author
MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#61 - 2013-05-15 15:12:14 UTC  |  Edited by: MailDeadDrop
Rana Ash wrote:
I fail to see the amusing/funny bit in this, socks are funny?. Stick with the name you got FoxFour
And change the name of everyone thinking it's a good idea to change your name, now that's funny Evil

CCP FoxFour wrote:
This is what I said I would do to the people signing the DUST version of this petition... they laughed and kept signing. :'(

Either the follow-on signers *want* their names changed, or they believe your threat to be empty. Given the rather large number of follow-on signers, and the certainty that some percentage of players actually wish to retain their existing names, then the first hypothesis is disproved and one must conclude that the second hypothesis ("they believe your threat to be empty") is the truth.

I confess, I find the possibility remote that you would be allowed (or even able) to change so many player names. I cannot fault the follow-on posters for immediately mocking your apparent impotence; this is EVE, remember? I'm thankful that I'm not you, but if I were, then I should be considering other options.

1. The "Mary Poppins" gambit. Be sweet. Ask them once to stop; afterwards simply ignore the thread hoping it will peter out.
Pros: Low effort. Residual reputation leaves you looking like an amiable fellow.
Cons: May be emotionally unsatisfying. Residual reputation leaves you looking weak.

2. The "Soviet Editor" gambit. Lock the threads. Erase particularly irksome posts. Nuke faux Twitter accounts, etc.
Pros: Nearly immediate cessation of activities. Residual reputation leaves you looking like a "no nonsense" kind of guy.
Cons: Locking the threads before participants feel the subject has run its course can lead to duplicate thread creation. May require escalation to forum bans, which lead to further escalations (see: "Shooting the monument").

3. The "Conan the Barbarian" gambit. Crush your enemies, hear the lamentations of their women. While you may not be able to execute the original threat (mass renames), that doesn't mean you can't exact any revenge. You have a ready-made "enemies list" (self-signed, no less). It simply remains for you to develop and execute your revenge(s).
Pros: Emotionally gratifying. Residual reputation leaves you looking like "Leroy Brown" ("... the baddest man in the whole damn town").
Cons: High effort. May require patience.

Would you like to borrow my copy of Getting Even?

MDD
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#62 - 2013-05-15 15:12:47 UTC
I will copy what I posted on the DUST forums:

CCP FoxFour wrote:
Oh hell... this will not end well.

Will anyone pledge their allegiance to me? To defend my name and strike down the terrorist that is CCP Nullarbor?

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#63 - 2013-05-15 15:16:45 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

Will anyone pledge their allegiance to me? To defend my name and strike down the terrorist that is CCP Nullarbor?

I the great lanyaie will defend you..after I get some coffee

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Burseg Sardaukar
Free State Project
#64 - 2013-05-15 15:20:44 UTC
SIGNED.

<3 Foxfour. Dust rules.

Can't wait to dual box my Dust toon and EVE toon on the same machine!

MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#65 - 2013-05-15 15:20:46 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

I am a capsuleer, an immortal of near-infinite wealth and capability. The heads of the Empires and Factions regard me with apprehension and disquiet, yet you dare to ask for my allegiance? Perhaps your name should be "BallsFour"...

MDD
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#66 - 2013-05-15 15:20:56 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Rana Ash wrote:
I fail to see the amusing/funny bit in this, socks are funny?. Stick with the name you got FoxFour

And change the name of everyone thinking it's a good idea to change your name, now that's funny Evil

This is what I said I would do to the people signing the DUST version of this petition... they laughed and kept signing. :'(

Dont you have the power of pink text?
Velicitia
XS Tech
#67 - 2013-05-15 15:33:20 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

how much are you paying? Pirate

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Utremi Fasolasi
La Dolce Vita
#68 - 2013-05-15 15:34:51 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

You have my blasters!
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#69 - 2013-05-15 15:41:40 UTC
Darth Skorpius wrote:
We, the undersigned, hereby petition CCP FoxFour to (if it is within his power) request that his official "dev name" be changed to "CCP SoxFour" or "CCP SocksFour", whichever is preferable to him or (if it is not within his power) escalate this request to those who have the authority to make such a change.

We believe that the time has come for this change to be made as an acknowledgement of the community's preference for this new name, which has been expressed by the community by the near-total dismissal of his previous name and adoption of the (much better) new, community-chosen title.

(Shamelessly stolen from it's counterpart thread over on the Dust forums, found HERE)

I take it in return you will allow him to choose a new name for you, one he thinks might be appropriate.
Mathrin
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2013-05-15 16:49:42 UTC
This is going places, but what is the next step? I propose a live event! An epic brawl between pilots and bunnies, fighting over foxfour/sockfours name and honor. It will be an epic battle the likes of which even Caldari prime has not seen...
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2013-05-15 17:00:15 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:
Rana Ash wrote:

General Eve Player: Dust bunnies, they are stupid, etc....

looks like we are not much different Cool

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Fractal Muse
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2013-05-15 17:06:48 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

I'll defend you SocksFour!

I hereby pledge my allegiance to the great and powerful SocksFour.

As an aside, I have no idea where this came from although I did see the image of the badge and thought that was pretty awesome.
CCP Prism X
C C P
C C P Alliance
#73 - 2013-05-15 17:14:56 UTC
Lucas Raholan
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
#74 - 2013-05-15 17:47:17 UTC
/signed....may Socksfour be forever remembered.

Oh and Follow his new 'Offical' twitter @CCP_Socksfour

Shitposts so bad CONCORD gave me a 50 billion ISK bounty

Xindi Kraid
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#75 - 2013-05-15 18:16:06 UTC
Come now, embrace your memetic status.
Stegas Tyrano
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2013-05-15 19:41:40 UTC
We need monuments of Foxfours shoes in the EVE universe and in random Dust maps.

Herping your derp since 19Potato - [url=https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2403364][Proposal] - Ingame Visual Adverts[/url]

Darth Kilth
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#77 - 2013-05-15 20:09:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Darth Kilth
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

Only if I can get the option to change my own name, adding Darth to it fills me with regret now a days.

But otherwise.

CCP SoxFour for President!

or add Socks to the shop branderd SoxFours!
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#78 - 2013-05-15 20:33:04 UTC
CCP Prism X wrote:
Twisted

Oh I have a bad feeling about this...
Arkenai Wyrnspire
Incorruptibles
#79 - 2013-05-15 21:05:41 UTC
CCP FoxFour wrote:

CCP FoxFour wrote:

I pledge my allegiance to SoxFour, in order to defend his (improved) name, and strike down the terrorist that is CCP [FoxFour].

Someone.

Cat Troll
Incorruptibles
#80 - 2013-05-15 21:13:38 UTC
/signed

In both forums. (Cat Merc)
I'm special :D

Lolwut: "Yes, you kids don't know how lucky you have it. These days noobs get given free tackle ships for PvP but back in the old days the only tackle ships we were given were our pods. We had to use them to bump their rookie ships out of alignment to stop them warping off."