These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Navy Battleships

First post First post
Author
Mike Whiite
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#421 - 2013-05-14 11:33:48 UTC
@ Nessa,

the reason the SNI will be OP or close to it, iis because of the CM Buf, and the buff for callibration on Riggs.

CM will go up 30%, *6 launchers *25% Roff on lvl 5.

resistance nerf is compensated by a buff in tank,

callibration should be able to fit t2 rigors, though with 8 midslots you might consider to put in an other launcher rigg.

because of it's 6 launchers it will probably have less CPU problems than it's brother.

extra low could be used on nano's or DCU's, maybe a Drone damage unit.

All in all it will be a very useful ship.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#422 - 2013-05-14 11:35:25 UTC
Typhoon needs a nerf to it's weapon bonuses. two 7.5% bonuses (one being rof lol?) is a bit silly... If a damage bonus for projectiles is "madatory" then drop it to 5% damage per level, 7.5% rof is beyond moronic, sorry.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#423 - 2013-05-14 11:44:50 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:
Typhoon needs a nerf to it's weapon bonuses. two 7.5% bonuses (one being rof lol?) is a bit silly... If a damage bonus for projectiles is "madatory" then drop it to 5% damage per level, 7.5% rof is beyond moronic, sorry.

The reasoning behind the typhoon bonuses is this:

The typhoon is intended to be flexible: it can be either a gunship or a missile ship. But however you fit it, then realistically it's only getting proper use from one bonus. So each of the two bonuses needs to be roughly equivalent to the normal dual-bonus.

Eg the Tempest gets +5% RoF and +5% damage. that gives it 1.25/0.75*6 = 10 equivalent turrets

The Navy Typhoon gets +7.5% RoF, and that gives it 6/0.625 = 9.6 equivalent turrets.

Its turret firepower isn't quite as good as the Tempest's, but it's fairly close.

Likewise, with a +7.5% damage bonus to missiles, it gets 6*1.375 = 8.25 equivalent launchers - slightly more than the Ravenkind, but without the secondary Raven bonuses that help in damage application, making it again a little inferior in practice, but still very competitive.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gordon Esil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#424 - 2013-05-14 11:48:24 UTC
Ok so I remember CCP Rise told me I'll be happy when he start messing with the navy battleships...

And I'm HAPPY Lol

We still have a geddon with the old flavor, and I'm not a fan of tracking, but the navy apoc will be evern more insane while shooting nearby smaller targets
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#425 - 2013-05-14 11:50:14 UTC
Mike Whiite wrote:
@ Nessa,

the reason the SNI will be OP or close to it, iis because of the CM Buf, and the buff for callibration on Riggs.

callibration should be able to fit t2 rigors, though with 8 midslots you might consider to put in an other launcher rigg.

because of it's 6 launchers it will probably have less CPU problems than it's brother.

Those 8 midslots will eat plenty of CPU.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Crellion
Nano Rhinos
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#426 - 2013-05-14 11:52:18 UTC
There is NO excuse for doing that to the Navy Raven... seriously. It was about to get good again after so many years and then you go and stealth nerf it on the last possible moment.

Seriously I am happy I will be able to fit a Navy Phoon for uber dmg I am not stupid I will profit from this. But the CNR was king of missile max dps and it should have remained so - full stop. Sorry but srsly

Navy Mega looks nice tyvm.<3 for giving me cheaper Vindicator. Ihave 2 gathering dust somewhere :)

... but srsly that poor CNR ... RIP
Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#427 - 2013-05-14 11:54:39 UTC
-> Can you give me a scenario where the CNR post June 5th won't be better than it is now?

- Mission performance vs golem? basically no reason to fly it over golem if you can sit into one.
- tank / DPS performance vs SNI? SNI currently has better tank, but pays for it with lower dps; now it will have better tank and equal dps (with somewhat lower dps application)

Basically I don't have problems with it, what I don't like is devs took 'easy way out' and basically equalized missile ships dps wise, in process turning CNR into golem without TP and tractor bonuses that eats double the ammo. As a result, I would rank new CNR as worse then both SNI and golem PvE performance wise [while currently I would give it tie for first place compared to golem with SNI behind them*]
*: SNI is still great ship, offering some unique abilities such as ability to field massive rr + dps on full passive wh fit (sure golem or CNR can do it, but personally I would prefer SNI for that role for multiple reasons)

so currently we have three distinct ships, each with pros and cons, after changes we will pretty much have clear cut progression: CNR < SNI < golem which is imo step back

Grim Destiny
PVP Masters
#428 - 2013-05-14 11:55:34 UTC
According to this the megathron and typhoon will have same base speed while megathron will have LOWER mass than typhoon.

You give typhoon +1 turret and missile, but you reduce the amount of PG which wasn`t that good to begin with.

Typhoon should get a bump in PG rather than loose base speed you should bring it up to 145 or so AND keep the typhoon mass lower than megathron. It just doesn`t make any sense to have mega suddenly outfly the typhoon.

The navy mega looks really good and will do well in its role.

As for the typhoon the slots and bonuses are fine and balanced, but the stat changes really don`t do it any favours.
Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#429 - 2013-05-14 11:59:34 UTC
Navy geddon

"Drones (bandwidth / bay): 125 / 375(+200)"

Why?
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#430 - 2013-05-14 12:07:08 UTC
Karig'Ano Keikira wrote:
-> Can you give me a scenario where the CNR post June 5th won't be better than it is now?

- Mission performance vs golem? basically no reason to fly it over golem if you can sit into one.
- tank / DPS performance vs SNI? SNI currently has better tank, but pays for it with lower dps; now it will have better tank and equal dps (with somewhat lower dps application)

Basically I don't have problems with it, what I don't like is devs took 'easy way out' and basically equalized missile ships dps wise, in process turning CNR into golem without TP and tractor bonuses that eats double the ammo. As a result, I would rank new CNR as worse then both SNI and golem PvE performance wise [while currently I would give it tie for first place compared to golem with SNI behind them*]
*: SNI is still great ship, offering some unique abilities such as ability to field massive rr + dps on full passive wh fit (sure golem or CNR can do it, but personally I would prefer SNI for that role for multiple reasons)

so currently we have three distinct ships, each with pros and cons, after changes we will pretty much have clear cut progression: CNR < SNI < golem which is imo step back

Don't try to argue with him, he won't get it. Shame he is CSM.
Bereza Mia
Trade Federation of EVE
#431 - 2013-05-14 12:11:46 UTC
Johnson Oramara wrote:

NEW CN Raven effectively 8 launchers
Umm... range bonus for missiles when they talk about cruise missiles? Typhoon's damage application bonus.

Typhoon FI effectively 8.25 launchers.
37.5% ROF bonus to AC's in top of the best missile dps ship.

Don't forget Typhoon FI have 8.25 launchers AND 2 additional high slots (for example plus ~139 dps with T2 800 autocannons without gyros ).
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#432 - 2013-05-14 12:27:54 UTC
So hey, gonna throw this in amongst the bickering.

Quote:
[NEW Megathron Navy Issue, Fleet]
1600mm Reinforced Steel Plates II
Internal Force Field Array I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Dark Blood Armor Explosive Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 150
F-90 Positional Sensor Subroutines, Scan Resolution Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

425mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L
Heavy Unstable Power Fluctuator I

Large Trimark Armor Pump I

Garde II x5
Vespa EC-600 x5

930 DPS with Gardes (realistically, use sentries with longer range, but it's still a lot of dps), 150k EHP, aligns in 10 seconds, moves at 1033m/s, has a heavy neut if things try to go to zero on you, and only needs booster 150s at a minimum to be cap stable.

It's kinda good. Might be slightly disadvantaged in solo/small gang compared to the Vindicator, but it's a fine fleet ship.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#433 - 2013-05-14 12:28:09 UTC
Bereza Mia wrote:

Don't forget Typhoon FI have 8.25 launchers AND 2 additional high slots (for example plus ~139 dps with T2 800 autocannons without gyros ).

and the phoon has 50m3 more bandwidth, a butt load more bay, and is faster...

all in all, the phoon is obviously the better ship of the two.
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#434 - 2013-05-14 12:30:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Caitlyn Tufy
Karig'Ano Keikira wrote:

The new Cruise CNR is always superior to the old Cruise CNR, therefore it should remain equal to Golem in your comparison. It's not as good as it could have been (read: overpowered against large targets), but it's good enough. You are of course free to fly the Golem with Cruise Missiles, but it's not gonna end well :)
Nessa Aldeen
First Among Equals
#435 - 2013-05-14 12:34:35 UTC
Mike Whiite wrote:
@ Nessa,

That's hardly OP. Again, it's a matter of damage application. I would say it's more inline instead of some poor cousin. It lacks the Golem's packing so much goodness. For it to be a true beast, it needs 7, then we can yeah, this is a dps animal.

As to the CNR being nerfed, there is no pleasing you lot. With CML boost, the application of damage plus an extra launcher will just hit ships harder instead of lobbing ineffective missiles damage. Add the rigs, you'll will murder NPCs faster, if that is your concern. Comparing the CNR/SNI to a Golem is like comparing two different roles. The Golem is designed for PVE and not much else, as a result it should be that good considering the amount of training that's being put into them. This also makes the Golem on par with the rest of the Marauders instead of just being "Meh, my Vargur kills everything, Golem is sucks" comment.
Nessa Aldeen
First Among Equals
#436 - 2013-05-14 12:41:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nessa Aldeen
Crellion wrote:
There is NO excuse for doing that to the Navy Raven... seriously. It was about to get good again after so many years and then you go and stealth nerf it on the last possible moment.

Seriously I am happy I will be able to fit a Navy Phoon for uber dmg I am not stupid I will profit from this. But the CNR was king of missile max dps and it should have remained so - full stop. Sorry but srsly

Navy Mega looks nice tyvm.<3 for giving me cheaper Vindicator. Ihave 2 gathering dust somewhere :)

The CNR hasn't been King of Missiles for a LONGGG TIME. That belongs to the Golem. Period. Even after this patch, the Golem will still remain the overall King especially with Marauder V. Your protest over the CNR being gimped is the incorrect assessment, the CNR has been limping for such a long while, these bonuses will make it DPS potential realized as opposed on EFT paper.

CPU has never been an issue for me for fits, but I doubt that is the case for many. So bumping CPU for CNR, SNI, TFI as well as the Pest, is necessary.
Gordon Esil
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#437 - 2013-05-14 13:02:01 UTC
Ok on second quick thoughts:

Tracking on navpoc did not make me happy
Signature radius on ngeddon did not make me happy
The cap reduction on the navpoc did not make me happy
The cap changes on the ngeddon did not make me happy
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#438 - 2013-05-14 13:03:00 UTC
Well I guess some people won't be convinced. I guess I'll stop trying to persuade and put up some lowball buy orders instead. We'll let the market do the talking.

I have to say that I am surprised that the mission runner community - the one set of people I'd have assumed were absolutely familair with the value of increased mission precision - aren't alert to the value of what is effectively a free target painter that automatically always works with no stacking penalty or cycle time, but there you go.

I personally will continue to use my CNR for casual ISK making, and I fully expect to make more ISK with it. In fact I'll probably ditch my Tengu, because the CNR will significantly outperform it against everything now.

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Johnson Oramara
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#439 - 2013-05-14 13:10:15 UTC
Nessa Aldeen wrote:
Crellion wrote:

The CNR hasn't been King of Missiles for a LONGGG TIME. That belongs to the Golem. Period. Even after this patch, the Golem will still remain the overall King especially with Marauder V. Your protest over the CNR being gimped is the incorrect assessment, the CNR has been limping for such a long while, these bonuses will make it DPS potential realized as opposed on EFT paper.

CPU has never been an issue for me for fits, but I doubt that is the case for many. So bumping CPU for CNR, SNI, TFI as well as the Pest, is necessary.

With pure missile dps fits CNR IS the king, nothing can match it. Golem has same dps as Raven but applies it better while having monster tank. CNR is the obvious choice if you want the most highest missile dps on missions and know what you are doing. With CNR i have finished guristas extravaganza already while Golem would have just entered the final pocket.

I'd like to introduce you to a module i have been using long time, it's called Target Painter. I tend to fit 1-3 of them depending if i fly cruise or torp fitted ships. And voila~ my damage application problems are gone.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#440 - 2013-05-14 13:19:48 UTC
Alexander Renoir wrote:
CCP Rise wrote:

The ‘standard’ upgrade package for Navy BS is an extra slot (along with appropriate fitting adjustment) as well as approximately 50% more hitpoints. Some of these rebalanced versions will follow that pattern very closely, while others will diverge more significantly to completely new bonuses and roles.
We are giving the CNR an 8th launcher to make up for the loss of the rate of fire bonus, and replacing rate of fire with a bonus to explosion radius. Along with the incoming buff to cruise missiles, this ship is going to be an animal.

Caldari Battleship Skill Bonuses:
+5% bonus to Torpedo and Cruise Missile explosion radius
+10% bonus to Cruise Missile Torpedo Velocity

Slot layout: 8H, 7M(+1), 5L; 0 turrets , 8 launchers(+1)
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 10500(-750) / 8000(-1961) / 9500(-461)

WHY Do you want to nerf my CNR?

I fly my ship with ALL LEVEL 5 Skills and if I calculate with the Rate Of Fire Bonus, I would have 8,75 Launcher (+25% from 7 launcher = +1,75) now.
Even with Battle Ship-Skill Level 3 this would be still 8.05 Launchers! 8.05 Launchers which I would have NOW!

And now you come to me and say you will buff the CNR? No Sir, you effectively nerf it!

The end of your "adjustment" is, that I have to use more ammunition, have less damage and lose my Tractor Beam from an high Slot!
You want to rebuild my CNR into a ship for rookies? Your modification is better for some one with Battle Ship Skill Level 2. But if you have L3 or L5 (like me) you absolutely lose firepower and a high-Slot for a tractor beam. Additionaly you do not give MORE hitpoints to my ship, you want to take some hitpoints away!
Keep the Rate Of Firebonus. Keep the tractor beam. The Med-slot is nice but not necessary.

I came back after a break from EVE. Now I see that this was a mistake. I am dissapointed that you try to bring a nerf but want to sell it as an buff! I will cancel my subscription again. Sad

Edit:
Two Eve Subscriptions Cancelled! Bye!

You do realize you destroy any argument you make when you include that last bit, right?