These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Navy Battleships

First post First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#321 - 2013-05-14 06:43:13 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Yea i know its better but I'm trying to put these changes into terms the lvl 4 mission runners and mechanic nubbin crowd might understand because one guy literally honest to go was mad that its not a fall off bonus....on lasars.

And what makes you think that a person like that would understand any argument that wasn't constructed of colours and smells?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#322 - 2013-05-14 06:46:39 UTC
i like smells, did you know if you lick your wrist, and wait 10 seconds to sniff it you can tell what your breath smells like.

And yea, i know you tried it.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Cpt Gulag
Terrortronfleet
#323 - 2013-05-14 06:55:06 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

Well I've been moderately converted.
I do believe (which I didn't before) that the tracking bonus on the Apoc and Napoc is an improvement over what we had before.
I still believe however that lasers are in need of a lot of work.

I'm glad you've taken that perspective. CCP Rise has already definitely assered that lasers are going to get a balancing pass (I hope this rsults in lasers being the prototype for tierciding modules).

For the record, we voiced concerns that a ship with a tracking bonus AND a range bonus was a significant risk to balance.

range bonus .. really .. apoc with scorch is mdoin something like 500 dps.. now that is a shame to even say that my battleship does 500 dps...

but to be honest ... all you have to do is put amarr next to gallente tier for tier, battleships ofc.. now all you have to do is choose..

either amarr is too nerfed or gallente is too buffed..
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#324 - 2013-05-14 06:56:37 UTC
Yeah it's amost like an advantage in one area is balanced by a disadvantage in other areas.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#325 - 2013-05-14 06:57:44 UTC
Cpt Gulag wrote:

range bonus .. really .. apoc with scorch is mdoin something like 500 dps.. now that is a shame to even say that my battleship does 500 dps...

but to be honest ... all you have to do is put amarr next to gallente tier for tier, battleships ofc.. now all you have to do is choose..

Hey there, I see you're the leader of the local brain trust so tell me, how much DPS does a Megathron do at 50km?

Do you think its more or less than any, ANY Amarr BS can do at 50km?

Cpt Gulag
Terrortronfleet
#326 - 2013-05-14 07:00:03 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:

Hey there, I see you're the leader of the local brain trust so tell me, how much DPS does a Megathron do at 50km?

do you warp 50 km away from an apoc in a mega to start a fight with it?

Kane Fenris
NWP
#327 - 2013-05-14 07:02:27 UTC
CCP Rise wrote:
The idea with the Tempest is that it fits really well into a lot of armor based compositions, acting more or less like an armor Maelstrom. It still has higher alpha than the Typhoon, with a lot more hp and similar utility. It goes a lot faster than the other combat battleships and has much smaller sig, so it definitely isn't eclipsed completely.

I can understand why some of you might want something with a bit more pop and I promise to talk with Fozzie and the rest of the department to make sure we're happy with this form before Odyssey goes out.

what does it matter if you talk with them when you guys obviously hate the tempest hulls?

i was really hopeing you doe something awesome at least to the navy hull but this is beyond ridiculous.
but it disapoints even more than the tech 1, cause it hints the promeised buffs to the tech 1 hull will be margrinal.
haveing higer mass at same multiplier than apo navy is just another slap on the face.

Cpt Gulag
Terrortronfleet
#328 - 2013-05-14 07:02:37 UTC
Cpt Gulag wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:

you cant even hold a point on enemy from that range..

i know what you mean but suddenly it gets a role of a hac.. specialized for 1 purpose only
Dr Ngo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#329 - 2013-05-14 07:05:19 UTC
Cpt Gulag wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:

i know what you mean but suddenly it gets a role of a hac.. specialized for 1 purpose only

You can if you have a loki boosted rf point...
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#330 - 2013-05-14 07:08:20 UTC
Cpt Gulag wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Cpt Gulag wrote:

My friend, i dont know if you've been told, but you can't always pick what range you engage at, and your argument works both ways, the mega and most gallente ships are pigeon holed into one role, specialized for one purpose, up close brawling.

The new geddon is capable of reaching 1k dps without much effort at all, at pretty staggering ranges, the Apoc and Napoc will obliterate things inside of about 80-100km, regardless of the size, and the Abbadon is still the bulldozer of battleships, dealing a staggering amount of DPS while having a HUGE tank on it.

I'd take any of those any day of the week over any Gallent BS hull.

Tank Talbot
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#331 - 2013-05-14 07:09:21 UTC
I have never been against the new Apocalypse but I have wondered from the start why it wasn’t given a range and a tracking bonus which was just answered by a CSM. I am not going to be totally sold on the optimal and tracking bonuses until I see the rebalanced lasers as it still reads a little sketchy in application because we can’t plug in the right numbers to get an accurate feel or chart of what it really can do and I want to see the cap/fitting requirements too. Other than that the Amarr line up is starting to look stronger than a few days ago at least. But if laser weapons remain so easily countered none of it matters.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#332 - 2013-05-14 07:11:11 UTC
Let's talk Navy Mega.

Why use it over any of the other navy ships? What role does it fill exactly that another navy ship does not do better?
Dr Ngo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#333 - 2013-05-14 07:12:48 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Let's talk Navy Mega.

Why use it over any of the other navy ships? What role does it fill exactly that another navy ship does not do better?

Space camouflage
Revy Aishira
Keiretsu.
#334 - 2013-05-14 07:15:33 UTC
Quote:
SCORPION NAVY ISSUE
The Navy Scorpion is taking the ‘combat’ role for Caldari, and more or less staying in its current form. It will pick up an extra low slot, since it was slot deficient for no reason before. In light of the coming cruise missile change, we are a bit concerned with the power level for the Scorp, so we’ll be keeping a close eye on this one, as we still feel it could wind up being too strong depending on how the meta settles out.

Caldari Battleship Skill Bonuses:
5% bonus to Cruise Missile and Torpedo rate of fire
4% bonus to shield resistances

Slot layout: 7H, 8M, 5L(+1); 4 turrets , 6 launchers
Fittings: 11000 PWG(+650), 780 CPU(-7)
Defense (shields / armor / hull): 11500(+1538.5) / 8500(+297) / 9000(+797)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate): 5500(+187.5) / 1100s(+12.5s)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 103 / .125(+.009) / 103600000 / 17.95s(+1.29s)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 75 / 75
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 90km / 75 / 7
Sensor strength: 30 Gravimetric
Signature radius: 465(+35)

I'm loving everything I see here for my SNI Cool
Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#335 - 2013-05-14 07:17:04 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

RNI is still quite a monster!!!

PvP - Cruise Missiles
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s594/grunnax/RNI-CruiseMissiles_zps2611cba8.png

PvP - Torpedos
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s594/grunnax/RNI-Torpedos_zps1c55349b.png

PvE - Cruise Missiles (Change Hardeners Depending on the Mission Rats)
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s594/grunnax/RNI-CruiseMissilesPvE_zps89283424.png

PS - Look at the Propulsion Speed of the PvP fits!!!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342042&find=unread

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#336 - 2013-05-14 07:18:53 UTC
Dr Ngo wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Let's talk Navy Mega.

Space camouflage

Even the space camouflage is inferior. Not too many battles happening over Endor lately. Ugh
Dani Lizardov
TOP DAMAGE Ltd.
Unspoken Alliance.
#337 - 2013-05-14 07:19:20 UTC
[Odyssey] Navy Battleships changes ...
What changes?
+ / - some cpu , armor, shield , speed ,align
You call this things changes ?

I don't see much of difference in the new Navy Battleships.
Way to go CCP ... Changes*

P.S.
FIX THE T1 Frigates!!!! 1000 scan resolution from a t1 ship is BROKEN!
Dr Ngo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#338 - 2013-05-14 07:20:30 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Dr Ngo wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Let's talk Navy Mega.

Space camouflage

Even the space camouflage is inferior. Not too many battles happening over Endor lately. Ugh

Yeah but who's fault is that? Maybe you just don't hate Ewoks enough.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#339 - 2013-05-14 07:21:16 UTC
Dani Lizardov wrote:
[Odyssey] Navy Battleships changes ...
What changes?
+ / - some cpu , armor, shield , speed ,align
You call this things changes ?

I don't see much of difference in the new Navy Battleships.
Way to go CCP ... Changes*

P.S.
FIX THE T1 Frigates!!!! 1000 scan resolution from a t1 ship is BROKEN!

I'm assuming some new player tackled you with their T1 frigate and you lost a navy battleship when his buddies showed up. Show me the kill mail. I want to send that T1 frigate pilot some ISK.
Ana Fox
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#340 - 2013-05-14 07:23:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ana Fox
Cpt Gulag wrote:

This is the most stupid thing I read for a long time.On serious note ,did you ever heard for fast tacker,dictors ,heavy dictors ,etc ?Do you even play this game man?

You are whining cause you have now a ship that will do mass murder to small hulls trying to tackle it .Ye that is so bad ,I feel your pain .

Please stop posting ,go and read again OP and put new changes in EFT ,and then if you understand what are you looking on your monitor come back.