These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Navy Battleships

First post First post
Author
Dorian Mirror
Glovis Corporation
#181 - 2013-05-13 21:47:01 UTC
I like the changes! Especially the Raven will be a lot more flexible!

Would it be possible to give the CNR additional dedicated Launcher Hardpoints? It already looks a bit strange on the current CNR and will be even more strange with the additional Launcher...
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#182 - 2013-05-13 21:47:56 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:
Fonac wrote:
Is there any plans on the torpedo's ?
As Liang has already "proved" .. the raven is put up for being a cruise missile ship, and torpedos are still bad.

torps are not bad on a raven or stealth bombers... cuss of the range bonus they get

but on a phoon... i am not sure i would use them mainly because they lack critical range to be usefull for a large weapon.

if it were up to me i would just increase flight time for torps so they can hit up to 35ish km on unbonused ships... then reduce the bonus on the stealth bombers so they dont get too much of a boost...

i would not mind a raven that can shoot torps out to 52km...

The Raven gets an extra 9Km torp range over the phoon. A boosted, heated phoon can cover that distance in under 12 seconds.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Gabriel Karade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#183 - 2013-05-13 21:48:01 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

Mega ... make it a shield tanker 8-6-6 less drones

*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal

It was a crappy idea when you posted it in the T1 Battleship thread, it's still a crappy idea now. Go fly a Rokh if your have that much of a hard-on for a shield hybrid boat. Ugh

War Machine: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=386293

cryingblood
Outcasts of New Eden
#184 - 2013-05-13 21:51:21 UTC
Can we reconsider the Navy Scorpion and make it a rail/blaster ship? Caldari have enough shield/missile combo but no strong navy/pirate caldari based gunboat.
Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#185 - 2013-05-13 21:52:47 UTC
HEEEERRRRMMMMAAAAGGGGEEEERRRRDDDD!!!!!!! EIGHT LAUNCHER SLOT RAVEN NAVY ISSUE Shocked I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE BEFORE THIS DAY WOULD COME!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AND THE SCORPION NAVY ISSUE, THAT THING IS GOING TO BE A MONSTER!!!

OMG OMG OMG TYPHOON FLEET ISSUE, MINI PANTHER, AUTOCANNONS!!!

TY CCP you are now forgiven for anything you have done that I am not happy with!!!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=342042&find=unread

1esus isa4abdul
COMMUNISTS
#186 - 2013-05-13 21:53:07 UTC
Yeah navy Tempest definitely needs something more...

As a long term Minmatar/Caldari ships pilot i confirm this.

And thx for making Caldari missile-boats again viable even for pvp.

PS. plz make new navy cane even a bit better than original cane before nerf, just makes sence as price is gonna be much higher
Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#187 - 2013-05-13 21:53:29 UTC
cryingblood wrote:
Can we reconsider the Navy Scorpion and make it a rail/blaster ship? Caldari have enough shield/missile combo but no strong navy/pirate caldari based gunboat.

Touch the Scorpion Navy Issue and you Die FOOL!!!

Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#188 - 2013-05-13 21:54:51 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

Kindly shut up, seriously.... infact, just stop posting.

It was a crappy idea when you posted it in the T1 Battleship thread, it's still a crappy idea now. Go fly a Rokh if your have that much of a hard-on for a shield hybrid boat. Ugh

He just wants a Cheap Vindicator thats not as skill intensive as one, see?

Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#189 - 2013-05-13 21:55:57 UTC
Dorian Mirror wrote:
I like the changes! Especially the Raven will be a lot more flexible!

Would it be possible to give the CNR additional dedicated Launcher Hardpoints? It already looks a bit strange on the current CNR and will be even more strange with the additional Launcher...

Of this I approve!!!

Doctor Carbonatite
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#190 - 2013-05-13 21:56:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Carbonatite
Malcanis wrote:

Can you propose a scenario where the CNR will be worse on June 5th than it is right now?

POS-bashing with torps. 8 effective launchers vs. previous 9.3.
Pattern Clarc
Citeregis
#191 - 2013-05-13 21:56:59 UTC
Gabriel Karade wrote:
Jonas Sukarala wrote:

Kindly shut up, seriously.... infact, just stop posting.

Or...

It kinda puts what some of us have said about the tempest in perspective.,,,

Ex CSM member & Designer of the Tornado. Gallente - Pilot satisfaction

Onnen Mentar
Murientor Tribe
#192 - 2013-05-13 22:05:09 UTC
Overall the changes look ok to me. Still sad to lose the swiss-knife phoon obviously. :( In case you wonder where the swiss-knife aspect came from: 3 unbonused high slots to do with as you please ;)
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#193 - 2013-05-13 22:07:48 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Smoking Blunts wrote:

the cnr having the same base dps as the raven isn't a good thing imo, ok I know it will be better applied in this version but forcing it to use 8 launchers instead of the 6 of the raven to get the same result is painful.

It's not the same result, though: it's qualitatively superior in damage application and alpha.

They'll both be equally good for shooting structures and capitals, I suppose. For anything else, the CNR will be a quantum step ahead.

I dunno man. Stop and think about it this way. The damage application on the CNR is already good enough that people weren't clamoring to use Cruise Golems despite the dramatically superior damage application. The new bonus is extremely underwhelming and an outright nerf to the CNR.

-Liang

Can you propose a scenario where the CNR will be worse on June 5th than it is right now?

You lose the utility high, so pretty much all of them.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Grunnax Aurelius
State War Academy
Caldari State
#194 - 2013-05-13 22:07:51 UTC
Onnen Mentar wrote:
Overall the changes look ok to me. Still sad to lose the swiss-knife phoon obviously. :( In case you wonder where the swiss-knife aspect came from: 3 unbonused high slots to do with as you please ;)

Dude Split Weapons for the Win!!!, or fly with 6 Autos and Neutsand Violla a non-cloaky more Tanky Panther

Aemonchichi
Limited Access
#195 - 2013-05-13 22:12:07 UTC
great work caldari fanbois ^^

btw how can the dominix be a better drone carrier than the navy dominix ? why does the navy dominix not inherit the basic bonus of the t1 basic variat dominix ?

Maximus Andendare
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#196 - 2013-05-13 22:18:58 UTC
cryingblood wrote:
This would be awesome, but if their Navy cruisers are any indication, unlikely. The Osprey and Caracal Navies both use missiles to some effect, when certainly, as is the case with the Battleships as well, could well be served by becoming a hybrid boat. TBH, "close range missiles" vs. "long range missiles" isn't enough distinction to make the ships all that different.

Enter grid and you're already dead, destined to be reborn and fight another day.

>> Play Eve Online FREE! Join today for exclusive bonuses! <<

cryingblood
Outcasts of New Eden
#197 - 2013-05-13 22:25:11 UTC
Maximus Andendare wrote:
cryingblood wrote:
This would be awesome, but if their Navy cruisers are any indication, unlikely. The Osprey and Caracal Navies both use missiles to some effect, when certainly, as is the case with the Battleships as well, could well be served by becoming a hybrid boat. TBH, "close range missiles" vs. "long range missiles" isn't enough distinction to make the ships all that different.

There is a ton of overlap between CNS / CNR / Rattlesnake. The only non t1 gun boat that we have is the nightmare which is lazor, so why train hybrids as a caldari pilot? Seriously, hybrid faction battleship makes for more of a distinction.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#198 - 2013-05-13 22:30:07 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:
Fonac wrote:
Is there any plans on the torpedo's ?
As Liang has already "proved" .. the raven is put up for being a cruise missile ship, and torpedos are still bad.

torps are not bad on a raven or stealth bombers... cuss of the range bonus they get

but on a phoon... i am not sure i would use them mainly because they lack critical range to be usefull for a large weapon.

if it were up to me i would just increase flight time for torps so they can hit up to 35ish km on unbonused ships... then reduce the bonus on the stealth bombers so they dont get too much of a boost...

i would not mind a raven that can shoot torps out to 52km...

The Raven gets an extra 9Km torp range over the phoon. A boosted, heated phoon can cover that distance in under 12 seconds.

so what make a torp raven shoot to 60 like a sb?

so that would be taking flight time and increasing it to 18 seconds...

i would then remove the flight time bonus from sb and reduce the velocity bonus to 10%...

so sb and raven can shoot torps to 60km and a phoon to 40km

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#199 - 2013-05-13 22:31:01 UTC
cryingblood wrote:

thats what the rokh navy is will be for.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#200 - 2013-05-13 22:32:05 UTC
cryingblood wrote:
Maximus Andendare wrote:
cryingblood wrote:

There is a ton of overlap between CNS / CNR / Rattlesnake. The only non t1 gun boat that we have is the nightmare which is lazor, so why train hybrids as a caldari pilot? Seriously, hybrid faction battleship makes for more of a distinction.

I don't see a lot of overlap between the CNR/CNS/Rattlesnake, personally. The RS in particular is very very different.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.