These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Refocusing: Firing the people who deserve it

First post
Author
Maekor Stormborn
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#101 - 2011-10-19 22:47:04 UTC
Noah was fired, and that is a pretty good start.
Bomberlocks
Bombercorp
#102 - 2011-10-19 22:53:37 UTC
I'm sad, angry and drunk right now. This game has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least.

Also, fire Hilmar.

And Torfi.

And Zulu.

Hire the people from FHC. Make Eve truly nasty (in a good way).
Raid'En
#103 - 2011-10-19 23:09:06 UTC
hey CCP i hope for you that the new guys that will do the community stuff will be good, and won't come in months.
your actions make no sense.... you don't fire the community team when you promise us to communicate more...

and i suppose the guy(s) who choosed the nex items prices and others ****** ideas are not on the list ?
Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
Exxitium
#104 - 2011-10-19 23:10:27 UTC
Maekor Stormborn wrote:
Noah was fired, and that is a pretty good start.

I liked Noah.

C.

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#105 - 2011-10-19 23:30:52 UTC
Djavo wrote:
Most of the replies here made me laugh, the clueless are a true inspiration.

so fill us in O Wise One

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

Alexsei Volkov
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#106 - 2011-10-19 23:35:11 UTC
Sad day hearing about Zymurgist and Fallout being gone.

Made even worse to hear my friend, and the entire web team out of Atlanta got the boot as well.

Cry

I think I'll let my guns fall idle, and give them the moment of respect they deserve.

Then I'll go right back to blowing **** up in their names!
Barbelo Valentinian
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#107 - 2011-10-19 23:49:06 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:
What the hell? Zymurgist and Fallout? That doesn't make sense... they released a dev bog about how they are firing 20% of the workforce to focus on eve and dust for now... This makes the playerbase happy.

And then they fire what are basically eve celebrities, in the same stroke? Thus making the community angry? Maybe we don't have the whole story, maybe those 2 quit. I can't believe anyone is that dumb.

edit: wait Wrangler too? ok fallout and zym i can almost take... but Wrangler? **** OFF CCP. I joined back in 2007 and he was there helping me on day one. This is BS.

Pretty much this.

What an appalling bunch of stupid from CCP we've had this year.

And after some excellent devblogs recently too. My hopes were building again, and my trust in CCP was somewhat restored.

Now??? Pfft.

WoD team I can understand, it may have been inevitable anyway - that's the sort of unfortunate accident that can happen, company has big plans during good times, circumstances change and the "expansion" of the company is now "overstretch". Nobody's fault really, just unfortunate.

But the community guys who are well-loved by the community at a time when CCP needs the community on its side?

Yeah, I say heads should roll at the top. This is getting beyond a joke, it's like a ******* Benny Hill farce.
shashe sin
Doomheim
#108 - 2011-10-20 00:45:09 UTC
Only resubscribed my main since I saw a increase in communication from the community team. Now that they got fired 2 weeks after i subscribed back... Im wondering if ive made the right choice...

Ugh
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2011-10-20 00:47:15 UTC
Barbelo Valentinian wrote:
MotherMoon wrote:
What the hell? Zymurgist and Fallout? That doesn't make sense... they released a dev bog about how they are firing 20% of the workforce to focus on eve and dust for now... This makes the playerbase happy.

And then they fire what are basically eve celebrities, in the same stroke? Thus making the community angry? Maybe we don't have the whole story, maybe those 2 quit. I can't believe anyone is that dumb.

edit: wait Wrangler too? ok fallout and zym i can almost take... but Wrangler? **** OFF CCP. I joined back in 2007 and he was there helping me on day one. This is BS.

Pretty much this.

What an appalling bunch of stupid from CCP we've had this year.

And after some excellent devblogs recently too. My hopes were building again, and my trust in CCP was somewhat restored.

Now??? Pfft.

WoD team I can understand, it may have been inevitable anyway - that's the sort of unfortunate accident that can happen, company has big plans during good times, circumstances change and the "expansion" of the company is now "overstretch". Nobody's fault really, just unfortunate.

But the community guys who are well-loved by the community at a time when CCP needs the community on its side?

Yeah, I say heads should roll at the top. This is getting beyond a joke, it's like a ******* Benny Hill farce.

Yeah they screw over EvE for years then fire the very people that helped keep us from giving up on the game.

BRILLIANT CCP. BRILLIANTLY STUPID THAT IS.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

Cunane Jeran
#110 - 2011-10-20 00:59:07 UTC
If its true they fired those folks that basically took the bullet over the summer, then they have lost all faith from me.

You don't **** on guys and girls like that, esp as they are the ones communicating with us and are very well liked.
Asayanami Dei
Adhocracy Incorporated
Adhocracy
#111 - 2011-10-20 01:01:54 UTC
Bring Fallout back ! Sad

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I--THE CAPACITOR IS EMPTY

Youtube: /asayanami

Twitter: @asayanami

wormholefundamentals.com

Tuggboat
Oneida Inc.
#112 - 2011-10-20 01:03:31 UTC
DId they fire those Goons?
RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2011-10-20 01:03:53 UTC
Asayanami Dei wrote:
Bring Fallout back ! Sad

Even if CCP bring him back they just blew away any sliver of trust in them going forward. CCP just killed all hope for respecting them every again.

**Space wizards are real, they can make 10058 votes vanish. "and for a moment i hurd 10k goons cry out, then silence" **

SpaceSquirrels
#114 - 2011-10-20 01:04:35 UTC
Depends on who's idea's they were or who was in charge of managing the teams. Clearly hillmar wont fire himself.

Did those guys deserve it? I dunno.

Cutting the fat isnt always a bad thing. So lets hope for the best. Until then speculation as to the outcome.

Your Stuff
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#115 - 2011-10-20 01:06:23 UTC
Jada Maroo wrote:
Let's hope they at least fired that NEX store douche. I forget his name.

CCP Zinfandel. And this is spot on. It will really be telling if this guy makes it and people like CCP Hammerhead take the fall...
The Apostle
Doomheim
#116 - 2011-10-20 01:35:20 UTC
RougeOperator wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
Bring Fallout back ! Sad

Even if CCP bring him back they just blew away any sliver of trust in them going forward. CCP just killed all hope for respecting them every again.

I see the word "RogueOperator" and all I can hope is your job in RL is not a clown giving out Carousel rides at kids parties. (or maybe it was so that's why you're here all day)

Man you are sooooo negative. If everything is soooo bad in Eve, why are you even here?

[i]Take an aspirin. If pain persists consult your local priest. WTB: An Austrian kangaroo![/i]

RougeOperator
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2011-10-20 01:39:12 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
Bring Fallout back ! Sad

I see the word "RogueOperator" and all I can hope is your job in RL is not a clown giving out Carousel rides at kids parties. (or maybe it was so that's why you're here all day)

Man you are sooooo negative. If everything is soooo bad in Eve, why are you even here?

Cuase they dont give refunds on prepaid subs.

You see i used to have faith in CCP. They blew it with incarna. And made it worse almost every decision since. Even the bit of hope i had about winter expansion was crushed by the realization CCP has not in fact learned a damn thing from all of this.

Apollo Gabriel
Biohazard.
WINMATAR.
#118 - 2011-10-20 03:33:11 UTC
How many need to be laid off until Hilmar is added to the list?
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
EVE Stig
Doomheim
#119 - 2011-10-20 03:37:09 UTC
Your Stuff wrote:
Jada Maroo wrote:
Let's hope they at least fired that NEX store douche. I forget his name.

CCP Zinfandel. And this is spot on. It will really be telling if this guy makes it and people like CCP Hammerhead take the fall...

Yeah, telling in a "which direction is this game going in" kind of way

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!

EVE Stig
Doomheim
#120 - 2011-10-20 03:38:07 UTC
The Apostle wrote:
RougeOperator wrote:
Asayanami Dei wrote:
Bring Fallout back ! Sad

youre thinking them laying off 20% of the company is a good thing?

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!