These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Request Dev Info about the winter expansion coming soon

First post
Author
Captain Megadeath
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2011-10-20 23:22:08 UTC
Motty 007 wrote:
I would just like my tengu to fly in the right direction. But I welcome more ships...

Clear your cache ffs Roll

Sarmatiko wrote:
Not battleships but Tech 1 Tier 3 (not Tech 3!) Battlecruisers. That was found in the latest test client cache files (dunno if current Duality have those strings in cache)

Makes sense since we already have 3 tiers of battleship yet only 2 battlecruiser tiers.
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#62 - 2011-10-21 02:06:38 UTC
Captain Megadeath wrote:
Motty 007 wrote:
I would just like my tengu to fly in the right direction. But I welcome more ships...

Sarmatiko wrote:
Not battleships but Tech 1 Tier 3 (not Tech 3!) Battlecruisers. That was found in the latest test client cache files (dunno if current Duality have those strings in cache)

Makes sense since we already have 3 tiers of battleship yet only 2 battlecruiser tiers.

EW battecruisers? Will drool.

This refocus better not be completely reverted after winter expansion.

Nyan

Yvan Ratamnim
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#63 - 2011-10-21 04:17:46 UTC
you see now this is CCP being PRO... and honestly CCP Navigator, its this thread that we need more of open discussions and information flowing from the CCP side, so we can actively respond and talk back and forth about your progress... love to see this
Dawn Harbinger
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#64 - 2011-10-21 04:22:29 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
New nebulae - These new background sin the EVE universe are stunningly beautiful and will add to the immersion and feeling of being in deep space..

Picking up a massive unidentifiable collidible structure on scan...

oh wait that's my massive space boner.

Seriously we love you guys
Dunikan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2011-10-21 05:26:42 UTC
Sarmatiko wrote:
Raid'En wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

New ships - Recently we featured a shot of the Tornado, the Deviant Art contest winner, on the EVE Facebook page. We were not happy with just giving out one ship so we will be showcasing all four new ships.

so the rumor was true, each race will have his new batteship

Im already heating my Blender to render YT preview once models and textures show up

Oh that would just be beautiful, I love me Battlecruisers!
Zoe Alarhun
The Proactive Reappropriation Corporation
#66 - 2011-10-21 06:35:41 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Let me give you guys a little more information on what is coming. Starting next week we will be producing a series of 'In Development' video blogs which will look at what the various teams are planning for Winter 2011. I want to stress that these videos will not contain release dates as we are aiming to provide a lot of stuff and do not want to commit to a date we cannot keep. These will include:

Engine trails - Yes, that's right we are adding engine trails to EVE and we will show the work in progress so far.

New ships - Recently we featured a shot of the Tornado, the Deviant Art contest winner, on the EVE Facebook page. We were not happy with just giving out one ship so we will be showcasing all four new ships.

New nebulae - These new background sin the EVE universe are stunningly beautiful and will add to the immersion and feeling of being in deep space.

Team BFF - This team should be Best Features Fullstop and CCP Soundwave will give an overview of what his team has in store. Capital ship balancing, balancing hybrids, assault ships bonuses and much more will be added during winter.

Customer Relations - The Lead GM's will talk about changes to how petitions are handled, more options for Stuck petitions and how we aim to deal with your issues as fast as possible.

We are not just going to stop there. We will bring you more video blogs about what is in development for EVE Online.

HAVE MY BABIES!
Fon Revedhort
Monks of War
#67 - 2011-10-21 07:31:55 UTC
Captain Megadeath wrote:
Motty 007 wrote:

Sarmatiko wrote:

Makes NO sense since they made BC lineup so fubar with the introduction of tier2. Everyone's flying drakes and canes left and right. I don't see how introducing more of these (I doubt new BC will be worse than the tier2s) is good for the game.

"Being supporters of free speech and free and open [CSM] elections... we removed Fon Revedhort from eligibility". CCP, April 2013.

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2011-10-21 09:00:29 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:
Let me give you guys a little more information on what is coming. Starting next week we will be producing a series of 'In Development' video blogs which will look at what the various teams are planning for Winter 2011. I want to stress that these videos will not contain release dates as we are aiming to provide a lot of stuff and do not want to commit to a date we cannot keep. These will include:

Engine trails - Yes, that's right we are adding engine trails to EVE and we will show the work in progress so far.

New nebulae - These new background sin the EVE universe are stunningly beautiful and will add to the immersion and feeling of being in deep space.

Team BFF - This team should be Best Features Fullstop and CCP Soundwave will give an overview of what his team has in store. Capital ship balancing, balancing hybrids, assault ships bonuses and much more will be added during winter.

Customer Relations - The Lead GM's will talk about changes to how petitions are handled, more options for Stuck petitions and how we aim to deal with your issues as fast as possible.

We are not just going to stop there. We will bring you more video blogs about what is in development for EVE Online.

O_O

by jovian i think they've got it! Lol

No Worries

NeoTheo
Dark Materials
#69 - 2011-10-21 09:33:18 UTC
I dont understand why EvE players are so messed up over *cosmetic features*.

Protip, unless nebula's add some new game play eliment, then this *expansion* has nothing in the way of substantial game play eliments. Adding new ships and rebalancing old stuff is *not* new features.

Giving us back things that we had 5 years ago is also not a new feature. Adding a cosmetic effect to space is not a new features.

I litterally think that CCP dont know what to do to give the game new game play systems. here is a tip, concentrate on the space we live in and how it effects our space flight. NOT giving us new ships. there is only so many spaceships you can put in the game.

Dont get me wrong, i will be happy to see engine trails back, all be happy to have a new ship to blow up. But what i really want is new gameplay systems. and ones that include everyone at that.

Make the nebula's do something. Or this is just "trinity" over a again. pretty but no features.

Ryback Storm
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#70 - 2011-10-21 09:36:48 UTC
Can we haz new Cyno effect promised weeks ago?
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#71 - 2011-10-21 09:42:31 UTC
Fon Revedhort wrote:
Makes NO sense since they made BC lineup so fubar with the introduction of tier2. Everyone's flying drakes and canes left and right. I don't see how introducing more of these (I doubt new BC will be worse than the tier2s) is good for the game.

One assumes some rebalances to the existing hulls are in the pipeline since CCP Tallest got his new role.

(I'm assuming CCP will be doing something obviously sensible oh lord what is wrong with me)

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

CCP Vertex
C C P
C C P Alliance
#72 - 2011-10-21 10:25:44 UTC
mkint wrote:
Yes, I am looking forward to the winter expansion, even though most of this is stuff that once worked and was carelessly broken, or was introduced broken. Even still, most of this stuff still feels like an under-staffed EVE... Team BFF is apparently doing most of the work and iirc they are 9 guys, 3 of which are actual programmers. Yes, this expansion will have been done in 1/3 the time of a regular expansion and is pretty impressive for that. But, what are the other 391 devs doing, and what was being done in the 2/3rds of the expansion cycle before you guys even decided what the expansion was going to be?

CCP, please do EVE a favor and do your summer planning NOW. I'm interested to see what EVE would look like with more than 1% of the devs actually working on it and for a full expansion cycle.

To clarify a bit for those who think team BFF might be overloaded, it is team Trilambda that works on the new ships, nebulae and engine trails.

**CCP Vertex  |  Senior Development Manager ** | @CCP_Vertex

Kmelx
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#73 - 2011-10-21 10:30:54 UTC
CCP Vertex wrote:
To clarify a bit for those who think team BFF might be overloaded, it is team Trilambda that works on the new ships, nebulae and engine trails.

Thank you for the good work you have been and are doing Smile
Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#74 - 2011-10-21 10:31:27 UTC
Captain Megadeath wrote:
Motty 007 wrote:

Sarmatiko wrote:

Actually it does not make that much sense, since we have a lot of medium sized ships and battlecruisers compete with the same niches that HACs and CS inhabit. So a Tier 3 BC, especially an EW BC would also compete with the roles that Recon ships have.

The last thing EVE needs is an ECM battlecruiser.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

CCP Navigator
C C P
C C P Alliance
#75 - 2011-10-21 10:59:05 UTC
CCP Navigator wrote:

I wanted to quote this post again as it seems I may have given you the impression that all of this stuff is coming now. That is not the case.

Some of these developments you will see in the next release and some of them are currently in the design phase. What we aim to do is show you what we are working on and what you can expect to see in the future. The Community team will be working with all departments within CCP to provide you with video blogs highlighting the work in progress.
Cailais
The Red Pill Taker Group
Exxitium
#76 - 2011-10-21 11:05:19 UTC
CCP Vertex wrote:
mkint wrote:
Yes, I am looking forward to the winter expansion, even though most of this is stuff that once worked and was carelessly broken, or was introduced broken. Even still, most of this stuff still feels like an under-staffed EVE... Team BFF is apparently doing most of the work and iirc they are 9 guys, 3 of which are actual programmers. Yes, this expansion will have been done in 1/3 the time of a regular expansion and is pretty impressive for that. But, what are the other 391 devs doing, and what was being done in the 2/3rds of the expansion cycle before you guys even decided what the expansion was going to be?

CCP, please do EVE a favor and do your summer planning NOW. I'm interested to see what EVE would look like with more than 1% of the devs actually working on it and for a full expansion cycle.

Pics - or it hasn't happend Blink

C.

PS Team Trilambda is a cool name.
Efraya
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#77 - 2011-10-21 11:05:51 UTC
There are alot of happy pants in the forums atm.

[b][center]WSpace; Dead space.[/center] [center]Lady Spank for forum mod[/center][/b]

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#78 - 2011-10-21 11:32:35 UTC
Bugfixes please?

Tired of my overview resizing itself when I dock, and my drones doing whatever they like, among bugs that are affecting me right this second :P

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Lieutenant Brooker
Calamitous Nephropidae Ltd.
#79 - 2011-10-21 13:40:00 UTC
Evelgrivion wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

These are very welcome additions indeed - but after begging for them for two and a half years (and longer, for a few of these), the company is only now finally getting around to implementing them, and it's all being done in the span of four(ish) months.

This raises a rather uncomfortable question: Since CCP has been able to address these problems so rapidly, what took (the royal) you so long to fix these age old problems?

The easy conclusion to reach is that nobody in charge of feature development cared until the subscriber counts nose dived and the organization could no longer afford to ignore the collective outcry to fix what's broken rather than make more, new, shiny, ego fulfilling features.

This is incredibly frustrating to me.

THANK YOU. Somebody else with a brain. I don't understand this either, it really makes no sense and to be honest, makes me angry, upset, etc. These are all relatively simple additions (Come on, they are) and it shouldn't have taken this long to implement. Thus, leading me to believe as this gentleman says. CCP, does it really take a nosedive in subs for you to give a good goddamn?
Jessica Issier
#80 - 2011-10-21 14:24:48 UTC
Lieutenant Brooker wrote:
Evelgrivion wrote:
CCP Navigator wrote:

These are very welcome additions indeed - but after begging for them for two and a half years (and longer, for a few of these), the company is only now finally getting around to implementing them, and it's all being done in the span of four(ish) months.

This raises a rather uncomfortable question: Since CCP has been able to address these problems so rapidly, what took (the royal) you so long to fix these age old problems?

The easy conclusion to reach is that nobody in charge of feature development cared until the subscriber counts nose dived and the organization could no longer afford to ignore the collective outcry to fix what's broken rather than make more, new, shiny, ego fulfilling features.

This is incredibly frustrating to me.

THANK YOU. Somebody else with a brain. I don't understand this either, it really makes no sense and to be honest, makes me angry, upset, etc. These are all relatively simple additions (Come on, they are) and it shouldn't have taken this long to implement. Thus, leading me to believe as this gentleman says. CCP, does it really take a nosedive in subs for you to give a good goddamn?

Wasn't that the point of the mass un-sub and shitstorm? Roll

Some people complain about absolutely EVERYTHING