These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Retribution 1.2 / DUST 514 Uprising deployment information thread

First post
Author
Inadvertant Poljus
Outland-Arborea
#41 - 2013-05-06 12:55:46 UTC
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that


Based on my calculations, I am UTC -5 (EST) and currently, if it were to be up at UTC 1300, then it would have been online an hour ago for me, as UTC 1300 is EST 0800.
Tao Min
Caelum Industrial Trust
#42 - 2013-05-06 12:56:18 UTC
Listen to you guys. You are worse then my 7 and 8 year old kids. ;)

Harden the **** up.

The server will come up eventually.
Oli Ala
Pane e Panelle
#43 - 2013-05-06 12:56:44 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
What happens when people are sleeping when the announcement goes live, and wakes up to find their game will be unavailable for 4.5 hours?

Forum warriors awake! Unite! And moan about ALL the things!


Holy wars against pedestrians!!!11oneoneeleven
Zargo Den'Ka
The Congregation
HIDDEN LEAF VILLAGE NINJA AssAssIn SQUAD eSports
#44 - 2013-05-06 12:58:09 UTC
Kashada Kumato wrote:
ANOTHER hour :( i am getting withdrawal symptoms! my hands are already shaking too much any longer an i might go into a coma! or worse EMPLOYMENT!



You sir.....are amazing Lol

Currently going through courts to get access to my son. Greatfully accpting doantions to help me keep plexed. Much Love.

Bloody Wench
#45 - 2013-05-06 12:58:26 UTC
Captain Evil wrote:
at 13:03 my skill training completed

I did not see this in the game window on 3/5/13.
down to work I did not have time to log in or use my pc and the time I got up to day the game was down, so what can I do?



Jeez have a cry.

You're losing less than an hour training time.
Spare a though for all those banned for AP0 who are losing weeks in training time.

[u]**Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote: **[/u]  CCP should not only make local delayed in highsec, but they should also require one be undocked to use it. Then, even the local spammers have some skin in the game. Support a High Resolution Texture Pack

Drizzd
Opera Gomera Liquidate 03
#46 - 2013-05-06 12:58:28 UTC
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that


You are supposedly in GMT + summertime - which is exactly the reason CCP chose to use utc - no summertime ...
OldWolf69
Applied Anarchy
Scumlords
#47 - 2013-05-06 12:58:30 UTC
Brilliant! 15k people online, on my launcher, but when i try to launch, says Tranquility status unknown. Great job boyz.
Lilima Park
Perkone
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-05-06 12:59:00 UTC
Raze Zindonas wrote:
Lilima Park wrote:
It is a bank holiday here in the UK.
Day off for almost everyone.
Really good planning by CCP.
With so little notice as well!

And who cares about DUST - very, very few people!


I think 100K-200K Dust players beg to differ.


My mistake, let me make it clearer for you.

How many EVE players care about DUST = not very many
Ktha'lin Khorax
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#49 - 2013-05-06 12:59:03 UTC
Extending for an hour then bringing it up in 20mins... that's PRO Big smile

Love your work CCP! Happy 10th Anniversary! <3
Inadvertant Poljus
Outland-Arborea
#50 - 2013-05-06 12:59:44 UTC
Tao Min wrote:
Listen to you guys. You are worse then my 7 and 8 year old kids. ;)

Harden the **** up.

The server will come up eventually.


Apparently your 7 and 8 year old kids aren't addicted to MMO's xD /end bad joke
Drizzd
Opera Gomera Liquidate 03
#51 - 2013-05-06 12:59:50 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Captain Evil wrote:
at 13:03 my skill training completed

I did not see this in the game window on 3/5/13.
down to work I did not have time to log in or use my pc and the time I got up to day the game was down, so what can I do?



Jeez have a cry.

You're losing less than an hour training time.
Spare a though for all those banned for AP0 who are losing weeks in training time.


why should i shed a tear for banned accounts ? People who probably offended the game rules or did something even worse
Kithran
#52 - 2013-05-06 12:59:53 UTC
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that


I suggest you look up what UTC is - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTC

A quote - For most purposes, UTC is synonymous with GMT, but GMT is no longer precisely defined by the scientific community.

UTC (and GMT) do _not_ change with daylight savings time - I suspect you are in a region that uses daylight savings time and shares time with UTC for 6 months of the year and is 1 hour out the rest of the time
Josebi
Orange Equity Investors
#53 - 2013-05-06 12:59:54 UTC
Inadvertant Poljus wrote:
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that


Based on my calculations, I am UTC -5 (EST) and currently, if it were to be up at UTC 1300, then it would have been online an hour ago for me, as UTC 1300 is EST 0800.



UTC does not take in to account daylight savings time adjustments common in the States, hence the hour difference right now.
Inadvertant Poljus
Outland-Arborea
#54 - 2013-05-06 13:01:19 UTC
Lilima Park wrote:
Raze Zindonas wrote:
Lilima Park wrote:
It is a bank holiday here in the UK.
Day off for almost everyone.
Really good planning by CCP.
With so little notice as well!

And who cares about DUST - very, very few people!


I think 100K-200K Dust players beg to differ.


My mistake, let me make it clearer for you.

How many EVE players care about DUST = not very many


I care about DUST, mostly because I love FPS games but also because I want to do nothing more than orbitally bomb PS3 players.

"Dude, I just got killed by a spaceship that's in another game."

This is the only time I can bomb something so hard that people in a different game die.
XxCamping MinerxX
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-05-06 13:01:21 UTC
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that

If you're in GMT, you're forgetting daylight savings puts us an hour forward. Get your facts straight before blaming CCP. ;)
Giovanni erkelens2
thats amazing tax evasion
#56 - 2013-05-06 13:01:27 UTC
I NEED EVE......................................................................(heartbeat stops).......................................................
Ric Rage
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#57 - 2013-05-06 13:02:03 UTC
Bloody Wench wrote:
Captain Evil wrote:
at 13:03 my skill training completed

I did not see this in the game window on 3/5/13.
down to work I did not have time to log in or use my pc and the time I got up to day the game was down, so what can I do?



Jeez have a cry.

You're losing less than an hour training time.
Spare a though for all those banned for AP0 who are losing weeks in training time.


Spare a thought for all those who broke the EULA when the chap in question hasn't and didn't see any warning of extended downtime??

<--- follow the arrow, WoW is that way
Drizzd
Opera Gomera Liquidate 03
#58 - 2013-05-06 13:02:06 UTC
OldWolf69 wrote:
Brilliant! 15k people online, on my launcher, but when i try to launch, says Tranquility status unknown. Great job boyz.

not really the tranquility server was on long enough to start patching ... 3 x half a gig download on an old dsl 2000 line ... ^^
Inadvertant Poljus
Outland-Arborea
#59 - 2013-05-06 13:02:06 UTC
Josebi wrote:
Inadvertant Poljus wrote:
Bella Cadelanne wrote:
why cant you use a real time zone, you know GMT is a standard

UTC is lies it rolls like 3 time zones together im in UTC supposedly but it 13:50 and the servers down so obviously i should be in UTC -1

GET a grip useless Europeans that want your own thing so badly you fail when you try

GMT is the worlds original standard leave it like that


Based on my calculations, I am UTC -5 (EST) and currently, if it were to be up at UTC 1300, then it would have been online an hour ago for me, as UTC 1300 is EST 0800.



UTC does not take in to account daylight savings time adjustments common in the States, hence the hour difference right now.


Aha, see I had no idea about that sort of thing. Thank you for the clarification!
Munchie Lutz
Isk Capital Enterprises
S.A.I.N.T.S.
#60 - 2013-05-06 13:03:06 UTC
A hour down time only a couple hundred million isk