These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New EVE Launcher available for Singularity

First post First post
Author
Madlof Chev
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#81 - 2013-05-08 19:51:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Madlof Chev
This new launcher is pretty obnoxious for using multiple accounts - with the old launcher, I could usually push the return key three or four times before my first client would start, so I wouldn't have to screw around alt-tabbing clients and such. Now, it seems I'm going to be forced to alt-tab back, /click/ log out, log in again, press play, alt-tab, etc. Ugh. So many more actions for a similar result.

So, two questions:

Is this it for the new launcher? Is there going to be no work to make it easier for those of us with multiple accounts (i.e. a good chunk of people who play this game)? (e: clearly there is going to be work, thanks for clarifying further down )) )

Is this mandatory or will the old launcher continue to work after this is deployed to TQ?
maCH'EttE
dead.Orbit
#82 - 2013-05-08 20:41:32 UTC
downloaded this crap, and now my main eve launcher has no Play button..wtf is this.
Rammix
TheMurk
#83 - 2013-05-08 20:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Rammix
The launcher doesn't crash on installation, but still getting this when starting eve.exe: http://pastebin.com/dwCW9fhj

openSUSE 12.2
wine 1.5.29

OpenSUSE Leap 42.1, wine >1.9

Covert cyno in highsec: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=296129&find=unread

Mavis Tikalie
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#84 - 2013-05-08 21:03:19 UTC
I've been using it for a day or so and from what I can tell the One Log in thing doesn't work. Besides that the UI is kinda bugged. The ratio for the bottom and top bar are different then the middles which contains the news and One Log in thing (What the hell do I call this thing.) This makes the top and bottom bars extend farther then the middle section and nearly cuts off the Eve Retribution logo. You can't even see the "Online" words under the Eve.

1920x1080 Monitor
Windows Vista 64
Merende Macaco
Tr0pa de elite.
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#85 - 2013-05-08 21:32:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Merende Macaco
The new version (2.1.531588-beta.3.win32) worked on my setup - Linux kernel 3.88 (32bit), wine 1.5.29
with a couple minor hiccups:
Installer worked without any exceptions this time, but brought up an unresponsive launcher.
Restarting launcher gave the same error -7 url not found for the login, as I got with the earlier version, but at the same time the patcher proceeded normally, though I thought the patching part was rather slow. considering the install is on an SSD, and the recent tranquility patch though somewhat larger (700 meg vs 500) went much quicker. Download speed was perfectly fine though. Restarting again after patching I was able to log into SISI successfully, as the login appeared correctly.
I used the following syntax:

wine /home/luser/.wine/drive_c/EVEtest/eve.exe --args "/server:87.237.38.50" "/log:debug"

It still seems a bit clunky compared to the normal launcher, but it does function.

edit I have a log file this time:
http://pastebin.com/UyDj1p8M
Madlof Chev
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-05-08 22:27:17 UTC
Also the amount of people in this thread that aren't able to complete a simple software installation / basic reading task is shocking.
Qebh
Fraternal Order of Providence
#87 - 2013-05-08 22:30:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Qebh
EDIT : It works now, somehow.

Weird.

|** The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it. -Salvador Dali **|

Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#88 - 2013-05-09 01:41:09 UTC
I like the look of it

ty ty ty for putting Patch notes link back on it !!!! I always had to go and remember where they were....it is much more helpful having it on the launcher.

I must admit I also liked the drop down to find the forums and other eve sites, i notice that this was no longer present.

just my 2 cents

Cheers

~Regan~
Unforgiven Storm
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#89 - 2013-05-09 12:12:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Unforgiven Storm
I have 7 accounts and I use the same launcher and client to launch them all, do you mind not making me put the password in the launcher and go back and forward doing logout/login in the launcher to launch a client.

Save all login profiles (username/password) so we choose one from a list and press apply.

If any browser allows us to save usernames / passwords information, why can't the launcher or Eve Client do the same?

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)

Zloco Crendraven
BALKAN EXPRESS
Shadow Cartel
#90 - 2013-05-09 13:14:43 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
After login and startup of the client it show me:

Bad Address
"Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong."

It shows me that the server is Singularity and 115 Players are online at the bottom. But there is no way to connect. I get the same error again and again.


I had the same problem. i resolved it by making a new shortcut on my desktop, adding /server:87.237.38.50 in the shortcut/target area.

C:\Program Files (x86)\SISI\EVE\launcher this is my new launcher path

it works good but i think the overall idea is not good for anyone who has more than 1 account. I d have to tab log out, enter the username and password for each of my accounts, which is alot more work than we have now.

Atm i just start the launcher and click play for how many clients i want to bring up. Enter the information needed and voila.

A suggestion: Add a button more if we want to launch the client only without being immediately logged. It is very hand for multiaccounts.

BALEX, bringing piracy on a whole new level.

CCP Aporia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#91 - 2013-05-09 14:37:42 UTC
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I have 7 accounts and I use the same launcher and client to launch them all, do you mind not making me put the password in the launcher and go back and forward doing logout/login in the launcher to launch a client.

Save all login profiles (username/password) so we choose one from a list and press apply.

If any browser allows us to save usernames / passwords information, why can't the launcher or Eve Client do the same?


We are aware of the current inconvenience with the UI for multiple clients. The flow is currently being revisited by our friends in Team Roundhouse Kick. Among other things the launcher should be remembering your usernames. However, for obvious reasons we are not considering to add the option of saving your username/password combination.

Friend of walking avatars, currently hibernating until he gets to open that door.

CCP Aporia
C C P
C C P Alliance
#92 - 2013-05-09 14:38:43 UTC
Zloco Crendraven wrote:
Noriko Mai wrote:
After login and startup of the client it show me:

Bad Address
"Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong."

It shows me that the server is Singularity and 115 Players are online at the bottom. But there is no way to connect. I get the same error again and again.


I had the same problem. i resolved it by making a new shortcut on my desktop, adding /server:87.237.38.50 in the shortcut/target area.
[...]


The /server: parameter issue is being looked into at the moment.

Friend of walking avatars, currently hibernating until he gets to open that door.

CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#93 - 2013-05-09 17:57:17 UTC
Mavis Tikalie wrote:
I've been using it for a day or so and from what I can tell the One Log in thing doesn't work. Besides that the UI is kinda bugged. The ratio for the bottom and top bar are different then the middles which contains the news and One Log in thing (What the hell do I call this thing.) This makes the top and bottom bars extend farther then the middle section and nearly cuts off the Eve Retribution logo. You can't even see the "Online" words under the Eve.

1920x1080 Monitor
Windows Vista 64


If the Launcher you're running says 1.32 in the title bar, you're not using the new EVE Launcher, and explains why a) it's not looking correct and b) why the single sign on process isn't letting you play. Please read the first post in this thread for further instructions Smile
mama guru
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#94 - 2013-05-09 18:34:05 UTC
Launcher crashes on execution, no play button and it connects to TQ, tried the old shortcut trick but it won't work. No logs or anything either.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

CCP Atropos
C C P
C C P Alliance
#95 - 2013-05-09 19:08:00 UTC
mama guru wrote:
Launcher crashes on execution, no play button and it connects to TQ, tried the old shortcut trick but it won't work. No logs or anything either.

Can you give some details on your setup (OS, install path, etc). If it crashes on execution how is it you know there's no play button and that it's connecting to TQ? What is the old shortcut trick you refer to?
Nam Dnilb
Universal Frog
#96 - 2013-05-09 19:47:47 UTC
I tried out the launcher and it installed fine on Win8. However clicking on the newly created shortcut to the launcher yields this screen. clicky One may interact with the links it displays, but not with the window controls. It's semi-crashed and needs to be killed in task manager.

Running eve.exe with /server: argument gives the proper launcher, albeit with small layout problems. clicky

Putting the focus on the "Play" button after login would be neat.

Hope this helps.
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
#97 - 2013-05-09 20:45:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Nam Dnilb wrote:
I tried out the launcher and it installed fine on Win8. However clicking on the newly created shortcut to the launcher yields this screen. clicky One may interact with the links it displays, but not with the window controls. It's semi-crashed and needs to be killed in task manager.

Running eve.exe with /server: argument gives the proper launcher, albeit with small layout problems. clicky

Putting the focus on the "Play" button after login would be neat.

Hope this helps.

Same thing happened to me.

Cant yet log in because I need a new mirror to update my new password Cry

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

mama guru
Ascendance
Goonswarm Federation
#98 - 2013-05-09 21:21:14 UTC
CCP Atropos wrote:
mama guru wrote:
Launcher crashes on execution, no play button and it connects to TQ, tried the old shortcut trick but it won't work. No logs or anything either.

Can you give some details on your setup (OS, install path, etc). If it crashes on execution how is it you know there's no play button and that it's connecting to TQ? What is the old shortcut trick you refer to?


Time of this report: 5/9/2013, 23:14:16
Machine name: ------------
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.120830-0334)
Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/13/12 16:19:10 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8154MB RAM
Page File: 4293MB used, 4258MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode



Installed sisi on E:\ drive, eve is on C which is an SSD.

I should clarify that the launcher works, i see it connecting to TQ but with no play button, so i try to close it down and it freezes up and I have to terminate the process.

EVE online is the fishermans friend of MMO's. If it's too hard you are too weak.

Gabrielle Rochefort
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2013-05-09 22:39:20 UTC
I have just installed the new launcher. However, I didn't get a shortcut on my desktop. After a bit of playing, I can now run Sisi without any problems. No idea why I had to try half a dozen times. Hopefully you'll get this working first time before it goes live. Anyway, here's some info...

When running the eve.exe with the /server setting for Sisi, I got these logs from F:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\Sisi\launcher\appdata\EVE_Online_Launcher-2.1.531588-beta.3.win32.


I tried running the launcher\launcher.exe without any parameters and got this as well:

Nam Dnilb wrote:
I tried out the launcher and it installed fine on Win8. However clicking on the newly created shortcut to the launcher yields this screen. clicky One may interact with the links it displays, but not with the window controls. It's semi-crashed and needs to be killed in task manager.

I've created a shortcut to launcher\launcher.exe with the server param and the first couple of times I got "Could not connect to the specified address. Odds are that you have not established an internet connection, the server isn't running, or the server address or port number was wrong" with both the Singularity and 87.237.38.50 switches but now it's working with the 87.237.38.50 switch. I've since added the /log:debug param so you'll get more info next time.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and the path to my Sisi install is F:\Program Files (x86)\CCP\Sisi.

Why do we have to Login and Play? Can't we just Play? I'm not sure why I need to click a button twice once I've added my login details.

Once running Eve, the Play button on the launcher will disconnect your original session and open a new window for a new session. I think this could be handled better by bringing the original session to the fore. If you want to end a session, you shouldn't be using the Play button on the launcher.
Geralt Rittersporn
Geralt Rittersporn Trading
#100 - 2013-05-09 23:55:04 UTC
Installed the launcher last weekend. I had the /server: paramerter issue.

After the launcher update on wednesday, my internet security blocked the launcher. I closed it and can't restart the launcher. Must restart the system.

After the restart the client updated without any problems. A 'errors occuerd' pop up opened after closeing the updated version of the launcher and starting the client:

See the logfile '...launcher.exe.log' for details

Sometimes the launcher didn't validating the client.
Sometimes starting the launcher disabled my mouse settings.

windos 7 home premium
D:\Spiele\EVE SiSI
EVE Online Launcher v1.32
launcher.exe.log
launcher.2013.05.08
launcher.2013.05.09