These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#81 - 2013-04-29 01:10:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
X Gallentius wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Hell, its evidence that PvP & Plexing don't currently mix at all. Separate activities.
Really? I plex and get pvp all the time. And even Cearain uses plexes to get pvp. You might want to rephrase your statement.

There is plexing for sov and plexing for fights. I do the latter.

If i wanted to plex to actually win the sov war I would get a cloak and a stabbed ship and avoid all pvp. Just like i see so many gallente doing as I travel through your warzone. You and your rabbit plexers are doing it right under the current mechanics, but the current mechanics are horrible.

Thats why we keep getting new threads at the top of warfare and tactics talking about how broken the sov game is.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Rommell Drako
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#82 - 2013-04-29 01:13:28 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
And since it works for you that must mean its awesome. Congrats. Atron ftw.
No, it just means it works. If a moron like me can get a mechanic to work, I'm sure brain surgeons in MOAR TEARS and Fweddit can.

We do understand how to do it. We have done what you are doing. What we are saying is that its stupid and we realize that its wrong and are asking for change.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#83 - 2013-04-29 01:13:36 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
And since it works for you that must mean its awesome. Congrats. Atron ftw.
No, it just means it works. If a moron like me can get a mechanic to work, I'm sure brain surgeons in MOAR TEARS and Fweddit can.

Difference isn't brain power, its that people like you defend the status quo because you're comfortable with sub par and average, while others speak the truth in face of criticism because they want something better and worth their time/effort.
Terhiss
United Mining and Hauling Inc
The Initiative.
#84 - 2013-04-29 01:13:45 UTC
Rommell Drako wrote:
Terhiss wrote:

That +225% LP gain is used in missions. which lvl 4 FW missions is where the isk is.

Yup, I misswrote that regarding the offensive plex Lp increase. It only regards missions. The reason why I wrote that mistakenly is that i havent plexed since last October, the last Gallente big lp-dump to Tier 5, so this proves you how much of a plexer I am.

Which doesnt change a thing to my opinion. There is no current incentive of flipping systems to a complete blue map. So tell me, what is the incentive of gaining map dominance?
Rommell Drako
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-04-29 01:18:20 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:
Terhiss wrote:

That +225% LP gain is used in missions. which lvl 4 FW missions is where the isk is.

Yup, I misswrote that regarding the offensive plex Lp increase. It only regards missions. The reason why I wrote that mistakenly is that i havent plexed since last October, the last Gallente big lp-dump to Tier 5, so this proves you how much of a plexer I am.

Which doesnt change a thing to my opinion. There is no current incentive of flipping systems to a complete blue map. So tell me, what is the incentive of gaining map dominance?

The incentive is if you own t5, then you get the +225% bonus to mission Lp. Which is like 100k LP per missions. Which you can then use to abuse the LP store. So there is your reason to be in t5 and own all the systems. Only the war zone farmers plex and they only do it so they can keep that tier 5 or 4 of the warzone so their SB alts can make bank.

Once again, proving that you dont know what your talking about. If you cant understand how amazing +225% LP gain per LVL 4 mission which are ******** easy to run as minmatar becuase lasers cant track for **** from amarr rats then you sire should probably re-evaluate your knowledge on the FW mechanics.

Terhiss
The Initiative.
#86 - 2013-04-29 01:36:56 UTC
Rommell Drako wrote:
The incentive is if you own t5, then you get the +225% bonus to mission Lp. Which is like 100k LP per missions. Which you can then use to abuse the LP store. So there is your reason to be in t5 and own all the systems. Only the war zone farmers plex and they only do it so they can keep that tier 5 or 4 of the warzone so their SB alts can make bank.

Once again, proving that you dont know what your talking about. If you cant understand how amazing +225% LP gain per LVL 4 mission which are ******** easy to run as minmatar becuase lasers cant track for **** from amarr rats then you sire should probably re-evaluate your knowledge on the FW mechanics.

What I understand is that Gall/Caldari and Amar/Minm Fw space are very different. I should have defined that I was speaking of my home space, gallente warzone, where T2 is resilient since many weeks. You're right 225% mission Lp sounds amazing, but as it seems, no one appears to care about it in Gall/Cald space. Apparently everyone turns to Minmatar zone to run missions, thus creating this unbalance between warzones.

You're right, I have little knowledge of minmatar warzone, I can only tell you that if you're looking for honorable combat, you should come reside in Placid/Black rise, where you wont have to wait more than 5 minutes to be engaged, and thus forget your pains and misery, and all this sufering of yours will seem far away in our beloved homespace. Change sides. Gall/Cald to die with honor, Min/amar for the pocket money. There, your problem is solved. Now get off the forums, leave your corporation and join Moira.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#87 - 2013-04-29 01:43:58 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:

What I understand is that Gall/Caldari and Amar/Minm Fw space are very different. I should have defined that I was speaking of my home space, gallente warzone, where T2 is resilient since many weeks. You're right 225% mission Lp sounds amazing, but as it seems, no one appears to care about it in Gall/Cald space. Apparently everyone turns to Minmatar zone to run missions, thus creating this unbalance between warzones.

You're right, I have little knowledge of minmatar warzone, I can only tell you that if you're looking for honorable combat, you should come reside in Placid/Black rise, where you wont have to wait more than 5 minutes to be engaged, and thus forget your pains and misery, and all this sufering of yours will seem far away in our beloved homespace. Change sides. Gall/Cald to die with honor, Min/amar for the pocket money. There, your problem is solved. Now get off the forums, leave your corporation and join Moira.

LOL
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#88 - 2013-04-29 01:57:42 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:

The gallente are just as bad as minmatar for rabbit plexing. In general the 2 fronts are about the same for "honorable combat." Gallente does a bit more gatecamping than the minmatar or amarr but thats about it.

Everyone pretty much acknowledged that runnign rabbit alts in pve ships is the way to win/hold over 90% of the space in the current mechanics. Can we not even agree that ccp should do something to make the game better?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#89 - 2013-04-29 02:01:18 UTC
Cearain wrote:
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:

The gallente are just as bad as minmatar for rabbit plexing. In general the 2 fronts are about the same for "honorable combat." Gallente does a bit more gatecamping than the minmatar or amarr but thats about it.

Everyone pretty much acknowledged that runnign rabbit alts in pve ships is the way to win/hold over 90% of the space in the current mechanics. Can we not even agree that ccp should do something to make the game better?

Just ignore the fact that caldari score 30-40% more vp every day than gallente. Whats one more fact to ignore when you are in the swing of it, right Cearain?
Terhiss
The Initiative.
#90 - 2013-04-29 02:01:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Terhiss
Cearain wrote:

Can we not even agree that ccp should do something to make the game better?

Can we not agree that the game is awesome and FacWar is a lot better than in the past?

As a matter of fact you know what? I have a solution. My previous dialog with Rommell Drako has led me to the following; why dont we just agree that Minmatar space is farming ground, and Gall/Caldari where the money is spent on war. We all tacitly agree that one space remains our money mill, the other our field of battle.

away with the phonecalls
Rommell Drako
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#91 - 2013-04-29 02:05:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Rommell Drako
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:

If you dont know what your talking about please dont talk.

1. we did change sides. we tested the caldari side out. it was boring and just as bad.

2. Instead of running away from the problem we are trying to give ideas and help CCP fix it and do something productive.
Rommell Drako
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#92 - 2013-04-29 02:09:03 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Can we not agree that the game is awesome and FacWar is a lot better than in the past?

Putting your hand in your pocket and pulling out dog **** is better then pulling out horse ****... Still sucks that you pulled **** out of your pocket...

Why are you one of those people that is willing to settle with subpar? Excell and push yourself for something better. (and push ccp)
Terhiss
The Initiative.
#93 - 2013-04-29 02:18:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Terhiss
Rommell Drako wrote:

Putting your hand in your pocket and pulling out dog **** is better then pulling out horse ****... Still sucks that you pulled **** out of your pocket...

but why would you have **** in your pocket sir? you seem confused on how trousers are meant to function sir
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#94 - 2013-04-29 02:19:06 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Terhiss wrote:
Rommell Drako wrote:

Just ignore the fact that caldari score 30-40% more vp every day than gallente. Whats one more fact to ignore when you are in the swing of it, right Cearain?

When cross plexing vp is not included you can't get an accurate picture.

But that said I will admit that my individual observations are anecdotal so it may be that caldari has more rabbit plexers than gallente and minmatar. It really doesn't matter which militia has more. The problem is rabbit plexing is the best way to win the war.

Juan Rayo
Justified Chaos
#95 - 2013-04-29 02:20:07 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Hell, its evidence that PvP & Plexing don't currently mix at all. Separate activities.
Really? I plex and get pvp all the time. And even Cearain uses plexes to get pvp. You might want to rephrase your statement.

And since it works for you that must mean its awesome. Congrats.

Atron ftw.

And since it DOESN¨T work for you that must mean its broken. Congrats.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#96 - 2013-04-29 02:32:39 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
Cearain wrote:

As a matter of fact you know what? I have a solution. My previous dialog with Rommell Drako has led me to the following; why dont we just agree that Minmatar space is farming ground, and Gall/Caldari where the money is spent on war. We all tacitly agree that one space remains our money mill, the other our field of battle.

away with the phonecalls

FW sov is still a broken pve race.

There are more people in fw low sec and so there is more pvp. So yes eve as a whole is better, we can agree on that. I also agree that plex pvp is awesome.

Again there is very little difference between the two warzones as far as finding pvp in the plexes. Same mechanics yield the same game play.

If you want caldari gallente space to be an actual warzone then do timer rollbacks and allow the players to have real time intel where complexes are being captured so they can go and fight for every plex.

If we did that in one of the warzones, we would indeed see that one is full of rabbits and the other is full of pvp. The problem is you won't be able to convince your gallente friends to allow their rabbit plexing alts to be nerfed.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#97 - 2013-04-29 02:37:18 UTC
Juan Rayo wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

And since it works for you that must mean its awesome. Congrats.

Atron ftw.

And since it DOESN¨T work for you that must mean its broken. Congrats.

It works the same for everyone. If you really want to win as much sov as you can for your militia then avoid all pvp.

If you want pvp you can use plexes too, but don't wait 15 minutes in one to capture it. Thats for alts to do, not pvpers. 9 times out of 10 few will even know you are there let alone come fight you.

Juan Rayo
Justified Chaos
#98 - 2013-04-29 02:43:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Juan Rayo
Here´s another try at this discussion...

1. No, FW is not perfect and far from it. It is however MUCH better than it ever was in the past, and CCP has done a great job in the past iterations. Does it need fixing? for sure (as everything in Eve. I mean come on look at Nullsec and count your blessings) but it´s not "broken".

2. That some -or even many- people come to post threads about FW being broken doesn´t mean it is, because their opinion is not that of all the people playing the FW game. On the flip side, if people came here to post threads about how it´s perfect, they would also be wrong to generalize their own particular and personal opinion and try to impose it on others.

3. If you have problems holding on to your systems, instead of yelling at ccp and calling them "scared bitches"... have you really stopped to consider yelling at the many many amarr that have minmatar plexing alts and are thus ******* you over? if yo have problem holding on to systems because the alt plexers come plex it up when you are not online, have you considered recruiting for that particular problematic tz and or talking to corps on that problematic timezone and getting them to move and help defend the system?

Have you stopped to think that there are so many Amarr (and caldari and some gallente too) corps and alliances that live in highsec or non fw lowsec that if they moved into their own FW system they might easily hold it down thus helping raise the tier status for the whole militia? and that those corps could also share intel channels and help each other out?

Note that these are all PLAYER actions that can influence the warzone without whining to CCP about it. Now if you want to whine and cry about the need for a timer rollback and maybe corp LP tax yeah sure I¨ll be holding signs and shooting structures in Jita right there with you.

Maybe that just not possible on the minmatar/amarr front, I am not familiar with the area, but it seems to work for some caldari corps and it certainly works for Gallente corps. Hell, there are even Amarr corps defending their systems right now.

You say faction warfare is "broken" when CCPs own numbers show there are more fights happening, more stuff getting blown up. I say faction warfare is a mechanic created to do just that: give people the chance to duke it out in losec, and from that particular point of view, I´d say it´s working.

Just because your particular experience is ****** up do not pretend to impose it on others, nor build strawmen about us being interested in keeping it that way and being full of isk. If anything, Gallente has less systems to plex since the squids have been laying down for a bit, and thus less isk.

It is perhaps inevitable that we will find ourselves kicked out of our home systems. Faction Warfare has gone thru cycles since it started, with one side being dominant and then getting kicked in the nuts. Gallente spent months not too long ago at Tier 1, and we are barely into t2. You won´t hear us bitching about it tho, because even if we ARE kicked out of our home systems, it´ll be fighting and having tons of fun in the current imperfect in need of fixing but also great version of Faction Warfare.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#99 - 2013-04-29 02:59:55 UTC
FW is fine.

I wish the people whining about FW would just up and leave it if they are so pissed at it.....

Go be pirates or some ****!

The mechanics are sound but the players who use them are flawed. People who have alts in other miltitias to 'farm LP' lose their ability to whine about FW IMO.

Most of the people I know in Amarr are there for a fight. A lot of them have minnie alts that farm. When they whine I just tell the to HTFU and remove their alts from minniw militia.

I think most FW players should get a cup of liquid concrete upon signing up so the can HTFU and just enjoy the game without sounding like a bunch of schoolgirls who have broke a nail!

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#100 - 2013-04-29 03:01:42 UTC  |  Edited by: 2manno Asp
Terhiss wrote:
Cearain wrote:

away with the phonecalls

FW is better, sure. i'm getting more fights than before, and since FW is supposed to be 'warfare', that's a good thing. but philospophically speaking, having a cell phone was better than 'before', when not having one was the norm.

ofc, everyone knew that battery life was a problem, so companies rushed to fix it. having one with a longer battery life was better than having one with a shorter.

then compaines realized digital was better than cellular, so digital networks and phones were rushed to market. because having a phone that had digitized information was better than one without.

and when done, everyone knew that weight and size were problems, so companies rushed to fix that. having lighter, smaller, phones vs heavier ones... now that was a great improvement.

and ofc, everyone knew that more capable phones were better still, so companies rushed to make them. having a phone that's smart is better than one that is stupid.

iow saying FW is better than before has become moot. better than "X" is known not variable. you may say it's unfortunate, or inconvenient, or uncomfortable, or unwanted. but there it is.

'better' than now is what's relavant. what is being done now to make it better? make a relavant argument, else remain irrelavant.