These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#301 - 2013-05-02 21:54:22 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
I guess the question is "What ideas?" CCP has a good list to work with already.

So first I say "Choose an idea already CCP, there are tons of ideas to choose from" and the critics response is "what ideas, don't come in here and provide no details for your plan"

Then I suggest we start writing all ideas in here and its now, "Don't we already have enough ideas to go on?"

FFS, Is there any intelligence left playing EVE or at least posting on our forums?
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#302 - 2013-05-02 23:57:08 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
Yeah fine, point taken. List is here. CCP needs to implement it.
Here's what they said at fanfest (according to one blogger): CCP FW Summary

I left that to attend the Faction War round table. The bloody farmers were out in force and they were a big topic. Warp core stabs and cloaking Daredevils were talked about extensively. CCP may change the rats to make warp core stabs a poor choice!

Another good thing was button counters slowly resetting so those bouncing from plex to plex whilst being chased would lose their "hard earnt" work to that point.

Large plex spawning is not working as intended. There is a bug that needs to be squashed, but first needs to be found.

CCP want to split militia and allied militia in the overview so you can shoot your allied militia if you want.

The bug where friendly rats shoot you is a bug! Needs fixing.

Talked about giving neuts a suspect flag if they enter a plex. Good idea!

CCP want to iterate further on system control and benefits for having high upgrade levels.

All good stuff but as expected FW is not going to get any significant developer resources for the foreseeable future.

Next up was live events
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#303 - 2013-05-03 00:21:13 UTC
Timers in empty plexes count back to zero. If a friendly pilot is in plex it counts back to zero at x2 speed.
No stabs inside a FW plex. Cannot activate a gate. Or cannot run timer.
Ships with cloaks fitted cannot run timers, regardless if the cloak is active, inactive, online or offline.
Possibly tone down the tier system. Or tone down the base level of LP for plexing.

These are the baseline ideas. There are some other ideas like restricting ship class for counting the timer, which i really dont like. It will just encourage far more camps.
Lin Suizei
#304 - 2013-05-03 00:47:07 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Timers in empty plexes count back to zero. If a friendly or neutral pilot is in plex it counts back to zero at x20 speed. Alternatively, if no plex contestants are in the plex at any time, the plex instantly resets to zero.

Reason: A slow timer rollback forces a PvPer to stay on grid/at the gate and "out-wait" a farmer. This is a win for the farmer, because it's boring (and more importantly, not rewarding) for the PvPer and he won't come back next time. Neutrals must be included because most farming happens outside of faction war "home" areas, where faction warriors typically do not go that often, because they know they aren't getting a fight from farmers.

But most importantly, shutting down farming must not be a contest of patience between the farmer and a PvPer, or farming will be as rampant as ever.

Crosi Wesdo wrote:
No ships with a warp stab strength above zero inside a FW plex. Cannot activate a gate. Or cannot run timer.

Reason: Plex farming ventures.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#305 - 2013-05-03 00:55:59 UTC
Lin Suizei wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Timers in empty plexes count back to zero. If a friendly or neutral pilot is in plex it counts back to zero at x20 speed. Alternatively, if no plex contestants are in the plex at any time, the plex instantly resets to zero.

Reason: A slow timer rollback forces a PvPer to stay on grid/at the gate and "out-wait" a farmer. This is a win for the farmer, because it's boring (and more importantly, not rewarding) for the PvPer and he won't come back next time. Neutrals must be included because most farming happens outside of faction war "home" areas, where faction warriors typically do not go that often, because they know they aren't getting a fight from farmers.

But most importantly, shutting down farming must not be a contest of patience between the farmer and a PvPer, or farming will be as rampant as ever.

Crosi Wesdo wrote:
No ships with a warp stab strength above zero inside a FW plex. Cannot activate a gate. Or cannot run timer.

Reason: Plex farming ventures.

No
Reason. PvP'ers also fight in and for plexes. No need for knee jerks. If i get kicked out of a plex with 1m left because the wt is in a ship i dont want to fight with my current ship/fit. I would like time to go and refit / reship without the entire timer resetting. Your method could simply lead to a small group of guys kicking every solo plexer (farmer or not) out of every plex they can warp to. Instantly resetting the timers in all of them. Its just a terribad idea.

Good point on the venture though.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#306 - 2013-05-03 02:15:48 UTC
The only change described in that roundtable which will even effect the amount of pvp in plexes is the rollbacks. The rollbacks can be fine tuned over time.

You don't need stabs at all as you can move about 40 k away from the warp in and start aligning when you see someone on short dscan. Most rabbits do not even use stabs afaik. They just warp away when I enter or even before I enter. Its extremely rare that I actually get a point on a rabbit and then see them warp.

Screwing around with npcs is obviously a pve solution. We had really hard npcs and spawns of them in the past. It just made it so people couldnt' pvp in plexes. Now that the npcs have been toned down to the extreme, at least we get pvp in plexes. Many of the rabbits are defensive plexing anyway.

lp payouts will effect lp and have little effect on pvp. Even when plexes paid no lp, we still had rabbits. Many if not most of the rabbits are defensive plexing anyway and they already get very little lp.

Cloaks are pretty much necessary if you want to fly anything larger than a cruiser in low sec due to the mwd cloak trick. Plus since you can't dock in enemy space a cloak allows you to sort of dock in a safe spot. Rather than saying no cloaks in the plex I would say if you activate a cloak the timer resets to 0 instantly. But again that will have little effect because cloaking isn't essential to rabbit plexing. Being able to run and hide is the big advantage.

Rollbacks and better intel tools so the pvpers can better defend their space, are the only things that will make this a pvp game. They were already slotted to be in retribution. If people care about fw they should push ccp to get them released soon.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#307 - 2013-05-03 03:22:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Taoist Dragon
X Gallentius wrote:
Yeah fine, point taken. List is here. CCP needs to implement it.
Here's what they said at fanfest (according to one blogger): CCP FW Summary

I left that to attend the Faction War round table. The bloody farmers were out in force and they were a big topic. Warp core stabs and cloaking Daredevils were talked about extensively. CCP may change the rats to make warp core stabs a poor choice!

Another good thing was button counters slowly resetting so those bouncing from plex to plex whilst being chased would lose their "hard earnt" work to that point.

Large plex spawning is not working as intended. There is a bug that needs to be squashed, but first needs to be found.

CCP want to split militia and allied militia in the overview so you can shoot your allied militia if you want.

The bug where friendly rats shoot you is a bug! Needs fixing.

Talked about giving neuts a suspect flag if they enter a plex. Good idea!

CCP want to iterate further on system control and benefits for having high upgrade levels.

All good stuff but as expected FW is not going to get any significant developer resources for the foreseeable future.

Next up was live events

All of this is pretty much the general consensus on these forums and with most players I know.

The only one I think is crap is this suspect flag for entering a plex if you are neutral. Seriously you are in low sec. If a neut enters then you make the choice attack and take the sec hit (if he's above -5 sec) or let him engage first so you don't take a sec hit. Just like everyone else in eve.

But pretty much FW has had it's big makeover for now so like it or lump it as other areas of eve are in more dire need of attention.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Lin Suizei
#308 - 2013-05-03 06:53:58 UTC
Quote:

No
Reason. PvP'ers also fight in and for plexes. No need for knee jerks. If i get kicked out of a plex with 1m left because the wt is in a ship i dont want to fight with my current ship/fit. I would like time to go and refit / reship without the entire timer resetting. Your method could simply lead to a small group of guys kicking every solo plexer (farmer or not) out of every plex they can warp to. Instantly resetting the timers in all of them. Its just a terribad idea.

Why is this a bad thing? A blob *should* be able to kick solo plexers out as much as they like. If the blob is willing to spend a night running around a constellation and chasing out anyone solo plexing, why shouldn't they be permitted to do that? If the solo plexer wants to keep a plex, shouldn't he come in a ship that's able to hold onto the plex against all opposition, or at least stay alive until backup can be called?

If such a blob is being disruptive, shouldn't the defending militia form up and fight?

Besides, consider this - right now, FW plex farming is, ironically, like a safe version of highsec ice mining. Should ice miners also be permitted to continue their ice cycle from where they left off, if they are bumped out of range halfway through?

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#309 - 2013-05-03 08:06:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Veshta Yoshida
Taoist Dragon wrote:
...The only one I think is crap is this suspect flag for entering a plex if you are neutral. Seriously you are in low sec....

Well, the person is willingly moving into a conflict zone with an ongoing war .. doubt troops in Baghdad simply ignored everyone not in uniform .. actually, since plexes are military installations the comparison would probably be better if instead of Baghdad one used <-insert FOB name-> and had a random civilian wander through the gate.

At any rate, they are making security status laughably insignificant so does it really matter whether or not a militia member takes a ~0.5% hit or however small it is?
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
No ...

Have to agree, the complaint is that the farmers time under the current system is worth a lot more than those who would do him harm .. steady roll-back pace 1:1 is the only way it would have any meaning .. otherwise defensive work becomes a matter of running hit squads (read: blobs) against o-plexers with zones becoming static.
One might argue that if the defender stays on beacon after chasing off an attacker he get a 1.5-2x modifier until damage from o-plexer is undone but not sure it is needed .. LP/hr will go down like a 5$ prostitute which in itself will discourage a lot of the alt-farming (many are paying the extra accounts with plex through plexing).

Stabs: Why arbitrarily deny access based on fit? Just have the DED spaces nullify the beneficial effects (WC strength) of the stabs without affecting the detrimental effects (sensor hit) and Bob's your cross-dressing uncle. Make it all DED spaces, Eve wide, applicable in high-sec missions, incursions, null spawned instances the works and everyone gets to have funny pictures of Bob!
Cloaks: Actually a decent idea to make cloak use an exercise in futility without denying the use of it .. might even be better than my slot machine decloak field, but cannot in good conscience officially say that someone had a better solution than I so will leave it at that Big smile
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#310 - 2013-05-03 08:52:00 UTC
Lin Suizei wrote:
Quote:

No

Why is this a bad thing? A blob *should* be able to kick solo plexers out as much as they like. If the blob is willing to spend a night running around a constellation and chasing out anyone solo plexing, why shouldn't they be permitted to do that? If the solo plexer wants to keep a plex, shouldn't he come in a ship that's able to hold onto the plex against all opposition, or at least stay alive until backup can be called?

If such a blob is being disruptive, shouldn't the defending militia form up and fight?

Besides, consider this - right now, FW plex farming is, ironically, like a safe version of highsec ice mining. Should ice miners also be permitted to continue their ice cycle from where they left off, if they are bumped out of range halfway through?

They can kick solo plexers out of plexes. However plexing is a catalyst for pvp. Removing an incentive to reship/formup, as in to fight for a partially completed plex, is not really a good idea.

People fixate on isk and farmers too much imo, forming ideas that go too far.
Hemmo Paskiainen
#311 - 2013-05-03 10:09:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Hemmo Paskiainen
WTF... This is what happends when you have carebears having pvp as a methode to make isk. A ******* clusterfuck... Want to pvp but it must be free and profitable and with as less risk as possible. ******* pafhetic carebears, discusting... In null-Sec it is a isk sing were some ppl lose billions a week without gaining isk out of it.

Lowsec should allow only hic bubbles to be active and ditch the sec hits and all problems are solved.

To cosmo: Welcome to the endgame of EVE, where all your friends left due ccp failure and you soon only log in to skill up, make some epic isk with patch speculation and cant even be botherd to undock anymore.

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Lin Suizei
#312 - 2013-05-03 12:17:05 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
They can kick solo plexers out of plexes. However plexing is a catalyst for pvp. Removing an incentive to reship/formup, as in to fight for a partially completed plex, is not really a good idea.

With regards to a fast rollback or timer reset hurting PvPers, I somewhat disagree - I think people who want a fight will generally reship and have a go anyway for the opportunity of PvP, regardless of timer reset. The motivation shouldn't be "oh, one medium plex'es worth of LP that we can all farm on our alts, by ourselves, in complete safety", but "hey, let's compete with (militia) to see who can form the biggest blob and make the other guy dock".

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#313 - 2013-05-03 12:54:00 UTC
Lin Suizei wrote:
...I think people who want a fight will generally reship and have a go anyway for the opportunity of PvP, regardless of timer reset...

And you are right, problem is that those people are about as common honest marketing, you know it exists but it disappears in the flood of crap. Auto-run timers might not be able to stop the flood, which it shouldn't in any case (free to do whatever), but it should be able to give the honest folk a chance to influence their own environment .. at present that just can't happen.
Alternative is to reduce possible LP from plexing to a level so low that it is not possible to do them exclusively, pay for an account and still get a profit .. but at this point that option is no longer on the table, CCP has to ride the ****-storm whenever they meddle with peoples wallets and they have been doing their damnedest to placate the masses since the last storm raged. Could be of course that they are recharging batteries to be able to ride that baby, but then it will probably be associated with (what will hopefully be) sweeping null changes thus postponing any FW storms indefinitely.

The reship for partially completed plexes died with docking denial. One side will always have in-system options while the other can have quite a long trip .. far longer than allowed by the timers in a majority of cases, which leads to one fight per plex if defender wins. Result is that attacks on a system is either done by the skittish alt horde or an over-kill crew with X links and whatnot, the rolling plex fight is simply not possible to the same extent as before.

Back in the day when plexes were finite, we often kept off timers to give enemy time in order to prolong fights but that is no longer viable as they spawn continuously, capture area overlaps with warp-in, they give LP and are just as boring so people naturally opt for closing them down post haste.

PS: Props for the Plexing = Ice-mining comparison, very acute. Has boredom, income, ship restrictions and fit preferences .. ticks all boxes Big smile
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#314 - 2013-05-03 13:12:45 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:
...The only one I think is crap is this suspect flag for entering a plex if you are neutral. Seriously you are in low sec....

Well, the person is willingly moving into a conflict zone with an ongoing war .. doubt troops in Baghdad simply ignored everyone not in uniform .. actually, since plexes are military installations the comparison would probably be better if instead of Baghdad one used <-insert FOB name-> and had a random civilian wander through the gate.

Well having spent a fair bit of time in various FOB's around the world I can tell you for fact it is exactly like that. Unless you are getting shot at you are not 'allowed' to open fire first.

Imagine all the press having a field day with the Diggers in the middle east if they just gunned down some random people who wandered into there check point.

This 'suspect marking' of neuts as they enter is basically the same as giving the open fire command to every civilian coming up to the front gate.

Sorry. On this you are completely wrong and still don't have a valid argument for suspect flagging neuts who enter.

Balance is everything.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#315 - 2013-05-03 13:45:40 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Veshta Yoshida wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Well having spent a fair bit of time in various FOB's around the world I can tell you for fact it is exactly like that. Unless you are getting shot at you are not 'allowed' to open fire first.

Imagine all the press having a field day with the Diggers in the middle east if they just gunned down some random people who wandered into there check point.

This 'suspect marking' of neuts as they enter is basically the same as giving the open fire command to every civilian coming up to the front gate.

Sorry. On this you are completely wrong and still don't have a valid argument for suspect flagging neuts who enter.

I think its great to have suspect flag in the plexes. Some people are concerned about their sec status and that is one reason why they join fw. Neutrals who go in are going in for pvp. I see no reason why the sec status should continue to act as a deterent to pvp.

As far as real life comparisons keep in mind that we are flying combat vessels. So its more like random people coming into the check point in tanks.

But whatever I think that will be a good change but not a huge game changer.

IMO Lin and Crosi are both making good points about rollbacks. Although I tend to like the more draconian countbacks, imagine you are in a system running a small plex in a navy frigate. And then you see a wt enter and open a novice in the same system and start running it. Ideally I would be able to warp over and fight him without losing all my time. In the same token I have chased farmers back and forth from plex to plex in benny hill fashion. So I am not sure the pvper is really winning in that case if the timers rollback is slow.

This is why I think ccp might consider an added 2 minute penalty immediate reduction (capped a neutral) if you warp out when an enemy or neutal is either on grid or on grid with your accel gate. And perhaps not even have the count back if you leave the plex when no one is at your plex. In other words try to make some rough estimate on whether you are warping out in order to avoid pvp or not. If your not warping out to avoid pvp then I don't think you need to be penalized. Especially if you are warping out to get pvp.

But really I think like the op says. CCP needs to get this mechanic out there and then tweak it as necessary. There are allot of options of how to implement it. Its time to get it out and then it can be tweaked as necessary.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#316 - 2013-05-03 13:52:44 UTC
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
WTF... This is what happends when you have carebears having pvp as a methode to make isk. A ******* clusterfuck... Want to pvp but it must be free and profitable and with as less risk as possible. ******* pafhetic carebears, discusting... In null-Sec it is a isk sing were some ppl lose billions a week without gaining isk out of it.

Lowsec should allow only hic bubbles to be active and ditch the sec hits and all problems are solved.

To cosmo: Welcome to the endgame of EVE, where all your friends left due ccp failure and you soon only log in to skill up, make some epic isk with patch speculation and cant even be botherd to undock anymore.

Now this man feels my pain. If you understand this, you understand why I keep posting here hoping CCP wakes the f*ck up. Game used to be great with many programming flaws, now its got very few programming flaws but is too soft.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#317 - 2013-05-03 14:40:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Taoist Dragon
Cearain wrote:

I think its great to have suspect flag in the plexes. Some people are concerned about their sec status and that is one reason why they join fw. Neutrals who go in are going in for pvp. I see no reason why the sec status should continue to act as a deterent to pvp.

I don't have any issues around sec status hits or anything else in eve. The issue I have is that FW'ers feel they have the right to be able to shoot neuts without consequence 'cos they are in FW'. This I think is wrong as it goes against the whole sandbox idea and that your actions have consequence. If you shoot a neut in lowsec that isn't flashy you get a sec hit. simple as that. It won't change the neuts coming into plex for fights as that is what they are there for it is the idea that is has consequence for one player but not the other.

Man up FW'ers!

Balance is everything.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#318 - 2013-05-03 14:42:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Cosmo Raata wrote:
you understand why I keep posting here hoping CCP wakes the f*ck up. Game used to be great with many programming flaws, now its got very few programming flaws but is too soft.

Then this really is the wrong place to be posting try the features section or something else these get the most devs feedback posts only time they come here is to lock posts or ban ppl Lol *COUGH DAMARR COUGH*
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#319 - 2013-05-03 14:55:01 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
you understand why I keep posting here hoping CCP wakes the f*ck up. Game used to be great with many programming flaws, now its got very few programming flaws but is too soft.

Then this really is the wrong place to be posting try the features section or something else these get the most devs feedback posts only time they come here is to lock posts or ban ppl Lol *COUGH DAMARR COUGH*

Alucard, you again.

Aren't you the guy who lied about what the devs said regarding faction war to pathetically try to support your view? I see you keep dodging that point.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#320 - 2013-05-03 15:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Cearain wrote:

Aren't you the guy who lied about what the devs said regarding faction war to pathetically try to support your view? I see you keep dodging that point.

Dodged the point? i was writing on a post that was actually relevant with cosmo id not even read above yet iv just sat down at my pc.. To which that point still stand you will have more joy @ ccp reading features section than W&T

So for the fanfest thing i linked when i watched fanfest last weekend i was a little wasted and did watch a few of them and the interviews with gaurd after. after re watching you are correct it didnt say that i must have had 2 seminars mixed up or it was in one of gaurds interviews afterwoods which i can not watch to find out so for that i do apologise. But they did not put in notifications that they had ready i knew that for sure

I wouldnt have linked the round up if i didnt genually belive thats what id seen but as i say i was wasted it was the weekend Big smile