These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#261 - 2013-05-01 23:00:14 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Maximus Hashur wrote:
After reading everything, im thinking - who cares at this point?

If FW stays exactly the way it is right now - who cares? Its a means to find PvP and have a constant enemy to war with.

Enaluri goes to Caldari, then gets taken back by Gallente. Immuri gets taken by Min then goes back to Amarr.

It truly doesnt matter if you step back and put FW in perspective.

Its a good place to find regular fights and have fun. Let the farmers farm. Someone warps out on you, go to the next plex or system and find someone else to engage. Trust me there are plenty of people to fight.

And if you really cant stomach how the FW game is, move on to something else.

Problem is most of us are tired of moving onto something else as nothing is working "well".

Null = broken
Empire wars = broken
FW = broken

Where else can we find lots of consensual pvp?

Null = stay docked, they move on
Empire wars = Barely consensual and pretty pathetic now
FW = Plex wars

Perhaps if you suggest something, i'd actually give up as you suggest and try that instead.

Cosmo mate it sounds as if you are getting burnt out mate.

Take a little break and clear your head form eve **** for a short while. Eve is unlike all other mmo's as it really can drive beep into your psyche and totally screw you over.

Take a break, go play some other stuff and clear yer head.

Then come back and if eve still flicks that special switch for you make it what YOU want it to be.

Eve is not 'broken' per say but you may need to reset your relationship with it, if you get my meaning.

I did take a break Bro, almost a year I've been inactive. Came back to the same half assed system I left and still look around at options and see PvP still a shadow of its former self everywhere I look.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#262 - 2013-05-01 23:05:20 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
GavinGoodrich wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Cosmo mate it sounds as if you are getting burnt out mate.

Take a little break and clear your head form eve **** for a short while. Eve is unlike all other mmo's as it really can drive beep into your psyche and totally screw you over.

Take a break, go play some other stuff and clear yer head.

Then come back and if eve still flicks that special switch for you make it what YOU want it to be.

Eve is not 'broken' per say but you may need to reset your relationship with it, if you get my meaning.

Trying this myself. Trying to keep the "fun" in perspective here when we have so many small groups spread out all over and it's difficult to get the big roaming fleets of yesterdecade out and about , and they don't wanna consolidate :(

Just popping in to say hi is keeping the stress out of it, but yeah trying hard to avoid the stressful organizational cat herding aspect of FW.

Unfortunately there is no productive value in large fleets in fw. People have harped on about small gang and solo pvp for years and how its dead. This iteration of FW comes along delivering exactly that and the same people who were whining about the lack solo and small gang are still whining (not aimed at you GG).

Just that consistent fraction of people who enjoy whining like babies about things they will never get, that arnt constructive or even possible given that this game is played by people and you cant make them do what they dont want to.

Big gangs really have no place in FW mechanics. However, if you want to start RF'ing some towers/POCO's to see what you can stir up, thats pretty much where your fleet warfare should exist.

As for cretin, whatever hes called, if i block him in game, do his posts also vanish?

There is a huge difference between Big gangs and Null Sec super gangs. FW should have up to 100vs100 on occasion, which really isn't that big. Most fights should be between 10-50. Solo pvp doesn't happen much mostly due to people worrying about booster alts and corp mates showing up mid fight. Small gang happens in FW but its so tedious to find a fight that its almost not worth forming up. You're ignored as you fly through space or out blobbed.

But again, the biggest issue about FW isn't that we can't find pvp, its that it is so beacon-centric that it begs the question why anyone really needs the pvp to do FW. Answer is you don't have to, which is stupid.
Mr Turing
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#263 - 2013-05-01 23:22:16 UTC
I am Mr Turing and I approve of this thread.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#264 - 2013-05-01 23:22:16 UTC
Yeah it must suck that you can't find 100 v 100 in low sec anywhere. Sucks to be you I guess.
GavinGoodrich
Perkone
Caldari State
#265 - 2013-05-01 23:31:32 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Unfortunately there is no productive value in large fleets in fw....

Big gangs really have no place in FW mechanics. However, if you want to start RF'ing some towers/POCO's to see what you can stir up, thats pretty much where your fleet warfare should exist.

Yeah you probably have a point there.

Haaaaaalp my head's on fire

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#266 - 2013-05-01 23:54:46 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:

I did take a break Bro, almost a year I've been inactive. Came back to the same half assed system I left and still look around at options and see PvP still a shadow of its former self everywhere I look.

Sorry to hear this mate.

Maybe you need to move out of FW for a bit and see if you can get what you want out in NPC null or whatever. Explore a bit. Try different things and see if you can get that spark back. If not then you've probably outgrown eve and your needs have changed to something eve can't delivery. If that is the case then vOv sorry to see you go but GL on whatever you move onto.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#267 - 2013-05-01 23:56:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Cosmo Raata wrote:

There is a huge difference between Big gangs and Null Sec super gangs. FW should have up to 100vs100 on occasion, which really isn't that big. Most fights should be between 10-50. Solo pvp doesn't happen much mostly due to people worrying about booster alts and corp mates showing up mid fight. Small gang happens in FW but its so tedious to find a fight that its almost not worth forming up. You're ignored as you fly through space or out blobbed.

But again, the biggest issue about FW isn't that we can't find pvp, its that it is so beacon-centric that it begs the question why anyone really needs the pvp to do FW. Answer is you don't have to, which is stupid.

You dont need several 250 man fleets to rf a POCO in low sec. Some of the largest fights ive ever had have been over pocos and towers in low sec.

Gather your intel, pick your target and be ready for what they can bring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go9709LZVw a recent(ish) example. Though that turned out to be a gank, cant make people fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7AOyDFzzng being a relatively huge fight over a POCO in low sec. But still not really anywhere near null sov fiascos.

As for solo, i have a booster alt and i get people to engage all the time. Trick is to not give them much of a choice.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#268 - 2013-05-02 00:48:34 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Sorry to hear this mate.

Maybe you need to move out of FW for a bit and see if you can get what you want out in NPC null or whatever. Explore a bit. Try different things and see if you can get that spark back. If not then you've probably outgrown eve and your needs have changed to something eve can't delivery. If that is the case then vOv sorry to see you go but GL on whatever you move onto.

Enough of your banter, stfu & go find another thread to troll.

I swear, some people need to get a life.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#269 - 2013-05-02 01:02:04 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Sorry to hear this mate.

Well I was actually trying to empathise with you but seeing as you are being a prick then get screwed Twisted

Keep crying and sounding like a baby all you want. o7

Balance is everything.

1st-Garrentious WispBender
Doomheim
#270 - 2013-05-02 01:24:40 UTC
It is really about time CCP buffed the Gallente. It isn't easy fighting the obviously superior Caldari ships, I as a Gallente player admit the obvious bias.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#271 - 2013-05-02 02:33:01 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Sorry to hear this mate.

Well I was actually trying to empathise with you but seeing as you are being a prick then get screwed Twisted

Keep crying and sounding like a baby all you want. o7

Again, shut up. Don't need you to empathize with me, you're an alt claiming old player with terrible pvp stats who flies in t1 frigs, how could you possibly empathize?

I'll do you a favor, I'll have sympathy for you since you're a brown nosing ignoramus.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#272 - 2013-05-02 03:27:19 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Again, shut up. Don't need you to empathize with me, you're an alt claiming old player with terrible pvp stats who flies in t1 frigs, how could you possibly empathize?

I'll do you a favor, I'll have sympathy for you since you're a brown nosing ignoramus.

LOL

And you are who exactly again?

Balance is everything.

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#273 - 2013-05-02 04:44:18 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

LOL

Are you upsetting the spazzos again Tao????

1st-Garrentious WispBender
Doomheim
#274 - 2013-05-02 04:45:43 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

LOL

You all know who I am.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#275 - 2013-05-02 05:36:10 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

LOL

Are you upsetting the spazzos again Tao????

Yup Lol

Balance is everything.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#276 - 2013-05-02 13:52:10 UTC
Humm is that irony from cosmo his corps no more tears but this threads filled with his tears Shocked
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#277 - 2013-05-02 13:56:27 UTC
Alucard
You are the least credible person to post on any forum I have ever visited. Literally everything you say is wrong. I suspect you know this and are just here to troll and lie.

ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/c/2203972 here is the link its either in the bit that he shows a graph of what didnt get in or in the QA at the end.

I scanned through it. I found something that contradicts what you claim. Specifically In that talk at minute 24:50 he talks about how the better intel for faction war was scrapped due to time constraints.

Your claim that "they had a notification system ready but yanked it cos its not in the essence of the sandbox" was not to be found. Can you give me the place where this was said?

ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

In the link you posted he doesnt speak specifically on fw notifications but all notifications saying they needed sprucing up he even gos as far as saying it runs independant of FW..

The thread he posted it in was called:
"Sticky:FW: I-hub and system upgrades"

And yes it is specifically refering to faction war notifications as part of upgrading a system. Hans told me he was pushing for that so I would assume it was addressed. He said what I quoted from him, not what you wrote. Thats why I gave the quote so people could see exactly what he said. Go ahead and read the quote it is refering to notifications as a fw upgrade.

ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

Also yes there proud of retribution esp 1.1 when they removed tier spikes and stuff its all over most of the dev vids from fanfest....

Thats not the issue we are discussing.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#278 - 2013-05-02 14:01:50 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Humm is that irony from cosmo his corps no more tears but this threads filled with his tears Shocked

We just made this corp, our alliance was Moar Tears, but because CCP ruined empire war dec stuff we came to factional warfare and because FW hasn't been amazing we have lost members; they either quit the game all together or are trying other things now. So it was fitting that was called it No Moar Tears......Thanks Obama......errrr CCP.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#279 - 2013-05-02 14:04:05 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

LOL

Not a forum warrior with little in game notoriety.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#280 - 2013-05-02 14:11:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Maximus Hashur wrote:
After reading everything, im thinking - who cares at this point?

If FW stays exactly the way it is right now - who cares? Its a means to find PvP and have a constant enemy to war with.

Enaluri goes to Caldari, then gets taken back by Gallente. Immuri gets taken by Min then goes back to Amarr.

It truly doesnt matter if you step back and put FW in perspective.

Its a good place to find regular fights and have fun. Let the farmers farm. Someone warps out on you, go to the next plex or system and find someone else to engage. Trust me there are plenty of people to fight.

And if you really cant stomach how the FW game is, move on to something else.

The random rvb style pvp is really great in faction war. I do agree. The increase in great plex fights is very welcome.

But this rvb style pvp with no back story and no overarching goals can get stale. With no connection to sov its just too random. And even now you can hit dry spells where you spend an hour warping around with little action.

The reason I care is because fw is so close. The developers even planned on doing the things that would make fw great (intel tools and rollbacks) but they stopped just a few inches from the finish line, and left it a system where pve decides sov in 90% of systems.

Having a system where people are actually "fighting" for sov throughout the warzone, instead of carebearing for sov, would be so much better.

I don't entirely blame ccp. It seems our own csm rep put more emphasis on how and when lp was paid out than making sov warfare a pvp mechanic. And to a large extent he was listening to the new carebear minded players who instantly became attracted to the new lp fountain - called fw.

But whatever. The bottom line is this:

Is Sov in over 90% of systems supposed to be determined by carebears?

If it is then yes fw is working as intended.

If not then hopefully ccp will do the things that they initially intended to do and left off of retribution. Namely better intel tools about plexes being taken and timer rollbacks.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815