These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#241 - 2013-05-01 17:38:40 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
had to do it but after cross matching both your boards cearain u still only managed ur prediction a 3-4 in over 4 years not every month like stated

I never claimed I received 100-150 solo kills every month from the first day I started eve. I was responding to crosi who claimed I am terrible at finding pvp. As in present tense, I am terrible.

I wasn't even subscribed the entire 4 years.

I am getting 100-150 solo kills now. Really even more since since it appears eve kill doesn't count a kill as a solo kill if a rat did zero damage on a ship.Roll I was top damage on 173 kills in april and 148 kills in march. But I was playing quite a bit too much in april I admit. March was a more normal month.

Quitting faction war definitely increased my number of solo kills. After I quit faction war Cearaen went from about 15,000 bc rating to a bit over 4,000 in about 2 months.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#242 - 2013-05-01 18:04:44 UTC
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

Taoist Dragon wrote:
...There is nothing stopping you having the FW you want. Just get out there and make it happen rather than whine on the forums about it. Seriously the mechanics aren't the issue...

So the fact that income and right to dock, both immensely important for non-Titan pew, is directly tied to risk-free alt farming activity is just something that can be ignored or worked around through :effort:?
Pray tell, How?

What is the FW you want (not the FW you want others to have)? I will do my best to tell you how to achieve your version of FW nirvana.
Ristlin Wakefield
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#243 - 2013-05-01 18:06:07 UTC
Two things.

First, I like that CCP is focusing on exploration in this next expansion.

And the second thing I forgot, I'm having too much fun running around as a neutral in FW.

I have a lover, her name is EVE. I see her every night and all she asks in return is that I have a pilot's license.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#244 - 2013-05-01 18:13:45 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Cearain wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
had to do it but after cross matching both your boards cearain u still only managed ur prediction a 3-4 in over 4 years not every month like stated

I never claimed I received 100-150 solo kills every month from the first day I started eve. I was responding to crosi who claimed I am terrible at finding pvp. As in present tense, I am terrible.

I am getting 100-150 solo kills now. Really even more since since it appears eve kill doesn't count a kill as a solo kill if a rat did zero damage on a ship.Roll I was top damage on 173 kills in april and 148 kills in march. But I was playing quite a bit too much in april I admit. March was a more normal month.

Quitting faction war definitely increased my number of solo kills. After I quit faction war Cearaen went from about 15,000 bc rating to a bit over 4,000 in about 2 months.

Dood your a terrible lier at first u said i get this every month the text is there and then when me and xolve slap u for it, you backtrack and link another board with a smart arse caption of "ill let u in to a secret" and then link ur alts killboard too(never saying at this point not every month like ur original statement says)..... Usually we say alts kills dont count but i gave yopu the benefit of the doubt and ur numbers still didnt stack up
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#245 - 2013-05-01 18:16:19 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Sorry, but first we're not talking about a single sand grain on our cheesecake, but even if we did I dare wonder who of us still eats the cheesecake at a restaurant after discovering sand on it.

I think we fail to realize that we pay for CCP's livelihood and WE should determine when something isn't good enough and THEY should want to fix it when WE complain.

No wonder we let our politicians become corrupt in rl, we just let them do whatever they want to us in the name of "they do so much already for us".

So everytime someone cry's CCP should come and give us a hug and wipe our arses for us right?!

The players for the most are the worst people to decide the way a game is developed generally. Sure there are few who have enough insite and general fortitude to actualy do the game some good but most are whiney crybabies who just want their stuff to be better than their opponents.

CCP has a bigger picture view than 99% of the playerbase so they can keep it going for so long. Take look at how moany other mmo's have had such a long as Eve adn then think on why the other failed....a lot failed because the developers listened to all the tears and changed **** that they didn't understand to pander to some childish whiners. Balance is the key and Eve is getting better and better all the time with regards to this.

Thats just it. CCP has already said they would like to do notifications and timer rollbacks. They see the value of these proposals, even if a few vocal players who like having rabbit alts plex, don't.

It is just on a back burner. We just need to push them to get done what they already agree will be an improvement.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#246 - 2013-05-01 18:19:08 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
cearain wrote:

Thats just it. CCP has already said they would like to do notifications

No they didnt as i said watch retribution round up of this years fanfest the dev says they had a notification system ready but yanked it cos its not in the essence of the sandbox..

From that i get if ccp adds a notification system. thats them adding something artificial and them interfearing in the sandbox

just out of interest where are you getting this info from that ccp are for notifications? maybe i missed that devblog/post/
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#247 - 2013-05-01 18:30:54 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:

Dood your a terrible lier at first u said i get this every month the text is there and then when me and xolve slap u for it, you backtrack and link another board with a smart arse caption of "ill let u in to a secret" and then link ur alts killboard too(never saying at this point not every month like ur original statement says)..... Usually we say alts kills dont count but i gave yopu the benefit of the doubt and ur numbers still didnt stack up

Wow you are really dense. Here was the exchange:

Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Also, you are terrible at finding pvp.

As far as finding pvp. I get about 100-150 solo pvp kills a month. It could be better but Thats not too bad for the time I spend online.

Notice Crosi used the present tense. As in now I am terrible at finding pvp. He did not say I used to be terrible at pvp when I started 4 years ago.

Notice I also answered in the present tense saying "I get about 100-150 solo pvp kills per month." I never said "I got 100-150 solo pvp kills every month since I started eve." My activity levels in eve varies.

Plus like I said ccp ending gcc and allowing me to quit faction war greatly increased the amount of pvp I got.

Xolve played the buffoon because he assumed this was the only character I pvped with. Thats why he didn't show cearaen's kills.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#248 - 2013-05-01 18:40:20 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
Cearain wrote:

Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:

As far as finding pvp. I get about 100-150 solo pvp kills a month. It could be better but Thats not too bad for the time I spend online.

Notice Crosi used the present tense. As in now I am terrible at finding pvp. He did not say I used to be terrible at pvp when I started 4 years ago.

Notice I also answered in the present tense saying "I get about 100-150 solo pvp kills per month." I never said "I got 100-150 solo pvp kills every month since I started eve." My activity levels in eve varies.

I dont see crosi using any tense in that sentance he just says your bad at finding pvp its a generalisation meaning your bad at finding pvp full stop wether it be past or present.

And you never said past 2 months iv gotten 100-150 kills < this would be using present tense
You said i get 100-150 a month meaning ... yes u got it a generalisation and also could be taken as something thats been ongoing
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#249 - 2013-05-01 18:41:06 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
cearain wrote:

Thats just it. CCP has already said they would like to do notifications

No they didnt as i said watch retribution round up of this years fanfest the dev says they had a notification system ready but yanked it cos its not in the essence of the sandbox..

From that i get if ccp adds a notification system. thats them adding something artificial and them interfearing in the sandbox

just out of interest where are you getting this info from that ccp are for notifications? maybe i missed that devblog/post/

I wasn't aware of that.

Can you supply a link?

Here is a link where the devs are favorable to the idea of better intel tools. The devs gave a different explanation on these forums of why notifications were left out.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/107405-1/page/6#178

"Q: LET'S GET BETTER NOTIFICATION/INTEL TOOLS WITH SYSTEM UPGRADES MR. HOLMES!
A: Interesting argument Dr. Watson. More water Sir? We definitely agree having better notification tools should be part of the whole package, but it should maybe be independent of Factional Warfare and something you need in all cases. After all, Starbase, corporation, war declaration notifications also need love too, let's not be selfish here. Such revamp is in the pipeline, even not for immediate release. Better intel tools for system upgrades however is definitely something we are thinking about." CCP Ytterbium

If what you say is accurate and came after this, then that is really too bad. It suggests they are fine with the current rabbit plexing mechanics. Perhaps that is why they left timer rollbacks out as well. Is the "essence of their sandbox" risk averse pve?

I guess we need to know if ccp devs think the current rabbit plexing system is working as intended or not. Should the top vp gainers for the day all have no kills for that day?

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#250 - 2013-05-01 18:43:45 UTC
ALUCARD 1208 wrote:
Cearain wrote:

Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Cearain wrote:

I dont see crosi using any tense in that sentance ....

I see the problem. You literally don't understand English.

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#251 - 2013-05-01 18:50:57 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
http://www.twitch.tv/ccp/c/2203972 here is the link its either in the bit that he shows a graph of what didnt get in or in the QA at the end

In the link you posted he doesnt speak specifically on fw notifications but all notifications saying they needed sprucing up he even gos as far as saying it runs independant of FW..

Also yes there proud of retribution esp 1.1 when they removed tier spikes and stuff its all over most of the dev vids from fanfest....

Now for my grasp of english after re reading what crosi says there is no tense at all hes stating an opinion that your bad at finding pvp full stop(meaning youve always been bad past or present) and never once does he say elatly of recently your bad at finding pvp.
Voi Lutois
Space Men
#252 - 2013-05-01 20:02:28 UTC
Maximus Hashur
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#253 - 2013-05-01 20:06:17 UTC
After reading everything, im thinking - who cares at this point?

If FW stays exactly the way it is right now - who cares? Its a means to find PvP and have a constant enemy to war with.

Enaluri goes to Caldari, then gets taken back by Gallente. Immuri gets taken by Min then goes back to Amarr.

It truly doesnt matter if you step back and put FW in perspective.

Its a good place to find regular fights and have fun. Let the farmers farm. Someone warps out on you, go to the next plex or system and find someone else to engage. Trust me there are plenty of people to fight.

And if you really cant stomach how the FW game is, move on to something else.

Looked up...saw this F***ING clown dropping like a rock.  Woke up in Vylade wondering what just happened!!!

Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#254 - 2013-05-01 21:05:07 UTC
Maximus Hashur wrote:

If FW stays exactly the way it is right now - who cares? Its a means to find PvP and have a constant enemy to war with.

Enaluri goes to Caldari, then gets taken back by Gallente. Immuri gets taken by Min then goes back to Amarr.

Its a good place to find regular fights and have fun. Let the farmers farm. Someone warps out on you, go to the next plex or system and find someone else to engage. Trust me there are plenty of people to fight.

Problem is most of us are tired of moving onto something else as nothing is working "well".

Null = broken
Empire wars = broken
FW = broken

Where else can we find lots of consensual pvp?

Null = stay docked, they move on
Empire wars = Barely consensual and pretty pathetic now
FW = Plex wars

Perhaps if you suggest something, i'd actually give up as you suggest and try that instead.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#255 - 2013-05-01 21:06:25 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Gawd.

I swear, this CCP worship is getting out of control.

Here are some simple fixes that may be more appealing to the softer heart.

1) Remove sec hits from FW space so we can freely shoot anything, but still keep it low sec by not allowing Super capital stuff, bubbling, etc.

2) Gotta change beacon mechanics. Its dumb and if you don't agree with how it works, you're stupid. Yes, that is my argument at this point, tired of beating my head against a wall with some of you morons.

3) Provide more tools where we can find fights easier, space is big and so is FW space.

Better you bleeding heart CCP lovers?

What CCP worship? They are doing a good job of handling probably the most complex MMO out there to date.

1) Why? are FW's special in that they need more hand holding. HTFU.

2) Whats broken about beacon mechanics? They have been like this for a while and it's only really the FW'ers whining about them. The rest of eve just gets on with it as they work fine.

3) Man you just bloody lazy? Go find stuff for yourself and stop expecting everything on a plate!

Come back when you have actual constuctive ideas with well thought out arguements for the proposed ideas.

Thank you for reading this freindly service anouncement by the TaoBot 1337. Big smile

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#256 - 2013-05-01 21:19:18 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
Maximus Hashur wrote:

Problem is most of us are tired of moving onto something else as nothing is working "well".

Null = broken
Empire wars = broken
FW = broken

Where else can we find lots of consensual pvp?

Null = stay docked, they move on
Empire wars = Barely consensual and pretty pathetic now
FW = Plex wars

Perhaps if you suggest something, i'd actually give up as you suggest and try that instead.

Cosmo mate it sounds as if you are getting burnt out mate.

Take a little break and clear your head form eve **** for a short while. Eve is unlike all other mmo's as it really can drive beep into your psyche and totally screw you over.

Take a break, go play some other stuff and clear yer head.

Then come back and if eve still flicks that special switch for you make it what YOU want it to be.

Eve is not 'broken' per say but you may need to reset your relationship with it, if you get my meaning.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

GavinGoodrich
Perkone
Caldari State
#257 - 2013-05-01 21:32:15 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Take a little break and clear your head form eve **** for a short while. Eve is unlike all other mmo's as it really can drive beep into your psyche and totally screw you over.

Then come back and if eve still flicks that special switch for you make it what YOU want it to be.

Eve is not 'broken' per say but you may need to reset your relationship with it, if you get my meaning.

Trying this myself. Trying to keep the "fun" in perspective here when we have so many small groups spread out all over and it's difficult to get the big roaming fleets of yesterdecade out and about , and they don't wanna consolidate :(

Just popping in to say hi is keeping the stress out of it, but yeah trying hard to avoid the stressful organizational cat herding aspect of FW.

Haaaaaalp my head's on fire

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#258 - 2013-05-01 22:33:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
GavinGoodrich wrote:
Taoist Dragon wrote:

Trying this myself. Trying to keep the "fun" in perspective here when we have so many small groups spread out all over and it's difficult to get the big roaming fleets of yesterdecade out and about , and they don't wanna consolidate :(

Just popping in to say hi is keeping the stress out of it, but yeah trying hard to avoid the stressful organizational cat herding aspect of FW.

Unfortunately there is no productive value in large fleets in fw. People have harped on about small gang and solo pvp for years and how its dead. This iteration of FW comes along delivering exactly that and the same people who were whining about the lack solo and small gang are still whining (not aimed at you GG).

Just that consistent fraction of people who enjoy whining like babies about things they will never get, that arnt constructive or even possible given that this game is played by people and you cant make them do what they dont want to.

Big gangs really have no place in FW mechanics. However, if you want to start RF'ing some towers/POCO's to see what you can stir up, thats pretty much where your fleet warfare should exist.

As for cretin, whatever hes called, if i block him in game, do his posts also vanish?
ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#259 - 2013-05-01 22:39:21 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

As for cretin, whatever hes called, if i block him in game, do his posts also vanish?

Hahaha you can click his name on this thread and hide posts think that wipes out them all ;)

Rual Storge
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#260 - 2013-05-01 22:40:56 UTC
This FW? What is this? I dont know this?