These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

DO SOMETHING CCP, STOP BEING A SCARED B*TCH

First post
Author
cearaen
Plus 10 NV
#221 - 2013-04-30 16:29:02 UTC  |  Edited by: cearaen
Cearain wrote:
Xolve wrote:
cearain wrote:
As far as finding pvp. I get about 100-150 solo pvp kills a month. It could be better but Thats not too bad for the time I spend online.

I only know one way to respond to this level of ridiculous, and here it is:

You what mate? 100-150 kills a month you say? In what fantasy dream world?

I will let you in on a big secret. "Cearaen" is also my character.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=287922&view=pilot_solo&m=04&y=2013

Those are what evekill counts as solo kills. I have only teamed up with people for about 3-5 kills in the last 2 months. So most of my kills that are not considered solo kills are often due to someone not shaking aggro from a previous fight or someone just rolling into a fight. To be fair I whored on that navy mega kill but that is about the only kill I knew I was having help with.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=287922&view=pilot_damage&m=4&y=2013

What? Who are you? I don't know this guy at all!

Anyone can see we are completely different characters. Completely different.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#222 - 2013-04-30 18:56:17 UTC
Lin Suizei wrote:
Cearain wrote:
I know I would be much more willing to sit in a plex running a timer if I knew the enemies around me knew where I was. It would mean I am just about as likely to get pvp by staying there as moving on.

With regards to you getting PvP by sitting in a system and blocking a farmer, I must disagree - these are systems which no-one cares about. Not many people pass by that way, and there's no public boosting fleet, so not many people will engage you in PvP. It's boring for you, and the farmer is winning because you are bored, and next time you won't come back. This is why rollbacks must be extremely fast, to the point where a PvPer can disrupt every farmer in a system by spending one minute of his time warping to every plex, wasting 19 minutes of the farmer's time that he's chased out.

There are 2 main reasons no one cares about the other 90% of systems.
1) Its broken because rabbits are the most efficient way to win. No one cares about a broken game. Notifications and a form of rollback will change that. Yes you are right that ccp may need to tweak the rollback timers. But lots of people like to fight outside areas where everyone has their booster alt and blob for back up.

2) They changed the payout stucture so that there is very little reason to even try to hit tier 5. When they had the cashout stucture you had to get 80% of systems to hit tier 5. So this meant people did care about the other 90%.

Lin Suizei wrote:

You could implement notifications - but let's say you received 10 notifications, and the (realistically) first 9 were stabbed farmers. How inclined would you be to chase the 10th?

If each farmer I chased out immediately lost say 3 minutes off their timer and then the plex started rolling back from there (both capped out at neutral.) I would keep them out. If I could find about 6 others in the amarr militia to do this with we could each easilly cover about 10 systems and win faction war. Of course the other miltiias would have pvpers as well and so what you would find is that many pvpers would start joining faction war and you would see much more wide spread pvp throughout the faction war zones. (not just 2 jumps from kourm) I would likely actually need the lp I make from plexing just to replace my t1 hulls.

With these changes the ratio of farmers to pvpers would no longer be 9 to 1. The farmers would definitely make more isk doing things like running missions - even faction war missions. The ratio of pvper to rabbit would likely reverse and be 9 to 1 in favor of pvpers.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Maximus Hashur
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#223 - 2013-04-30 20:35:21 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
[
ALSO:
The Gallente can counter any Caldari plan before it starts with the known intel leak we have.

Please post the full character name of this leak for my records. Ill keep it quiet.

Looked up...saw this F***ING clown dropping like a rock.  Woke up in Vylade wondering what just happened!!!

ALUCARD 1208
Digital Ghosts
Sedition.
#224 - 2013-04-30 22:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ALUCARD 1208
had to do it but after cross matching both your boards cearain u still only managed ur prediction a 3-4 in over 4 years not every month like stated
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#225 - 2013-04-30 22:40:25 UTC
Maximus Hashur wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:
[
ALSO:
The Gallente can counter any Caldari plan before it starts with the known intel leak we have.

Please post the full character name of this leak for my records. Ill keep it quiet.

Np - How much would you like to pay?
Terhiss
United Mining and Hauling Inc
The Initiative.
#226 - 2013-04-30 23:34:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Terhiss
i think Deen makes a fair point on the subject, many of the involved in this conversation seem to extremise a little too much the present state of things in facwar.

Here is how I interpret the intentions of the developpers regarding this part of the game;

the lowsec sovereignity game is on the better part irrelevant to the amount of combat that takes place throughout its map. I see it as a mechanic that is well distinguished from the actual warfare between the two sides. It is only relevant to the economy; it is the means of sustaining the ever-continuous belligerence between lowsec dwellers, as the amount of held and upgraded solar systems mainly impacts on profitability of FW activity, such as missions and plexing, and not on numbers or quality of fights you obtain.

The goal of the developper here is to create a balance between a means to sustain our pvp and the warzone where all those assets are deployed, to create a resource-generating profession and fuse it into the battlefield daily activity. Sovereignty is irrelevant to your operational capability, less loosing a core system of course which can negate you a prime strategical waypoint. but If you seek true-impact sovereignty chess games, you understand that perhaps you should turn your gaze towards other areas of the starmap.
The goal of the company was also to provide the warfare that is forecasted in factional warfare; we can agree to this day, they have set on a promising path.
If your problem is you can't get fights, then I believe something isnt correct in the expectations you carry towards lowsec warfare. I do not remember the last time I lurked around placid/black rise more than 15 minutes without being engaged.

But if you take part in a satisfying number of fights, but have a problem with Lp rabbit farmers, aka people making money on your watch that you can do nothing about, i believe you arent really concentrating your focus on fights to begin with. If you really put importance into FacWar then you would probably not even give attention to farmers, who since the dawn of gaming have existed, no matter how hard you despize them.

And by all means, lets face it, Ccp has given us a very efficient and pofitable way of fueling our dearest activity; Eve pvp. I say lets thank the hand that feeds us and not complain about the sand grain on our cheesecake.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#227 - 2013-04-30 23:36:07 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
Maximus Hashur wrote:
IbanezLaney wrote:
[
ALSO:

Np - How much would you like to pay?

It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!, It's ME!

Ah hold on a sec, you said intel leak......hmm but that would imply having intelligence to leak out.

bugger!

I guess it's not me after all. SadCry

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#228 - 2013-05-01 01:20:28 UTC
Terhiss wrote:
i think Deen makes a fair point on the subject, many of the involved in this conversation seem to extremise a little too much the present state of things in facwar.

Here is how I interpret the intentions of the developpers regarding this part of the game;

the lowsec sovereignity game is on the better part irrelevant to the amount of combat that takes place throughout its map. I see it as a mechanic that is well distinguished from the actual warfare between the two sides. It is only relevant to the economy; it is the means of sustaining the ever-continuous belligerence between lowsec dwellers, as the amount of held and upgraded solar systems mainly impacts on profitability of FW activity, such as missions and plexing, and not on numbers or quality of fights you obtain.

The goal of the developper here is to create a balance between a means to sustain our pvp and the warzone where all those assets are deployed, to create a resource-generating profession and fuse it into the battlefield daily activity. Sovereignty is irrelevant to your operational capability, less loosing a core system of course which can negate you a prime strategical waypoint. but If you seek true-impact sovereignty chess games, you understand that perhaps you should turn your gaze towards other areas of the starmap.
The goal of the company was also to provide the warfare that is forecasted in factional warfare; we can agree to this day, they have set on a promising path.
If your problem is you can't get fights, then I believe something isnt correct in the expectations you carry towards lowsec warfare. I do not remember the last time I lurked around placid/black rise more than 15 minutes without being engaged.

But if you take part in a satisfying number of fights, but have a problem with Lp rabbit farmers, aka people making money on your watch that you can do nothing about, i believe you arent really concentrating your focus on fights to begin with. If you really put importance into FacWar then you would probably not even give attention to farmers, who since the dawn of gaming have existed, no matter how hard you despize them.

And by all means, lets face it, Ccp has given us a very efficient and pofitable way of fueling our dearest activity; Eve pvp. I say lets thank the hand that feeds us and not complain about the sand grain on our cheesecake.

Sorry, but first we're not talking about a single sand grain on our cheesecake, but even if we did I dare wonder who of us still eats the cheesecake at a restaurant after discovering sand on it.

I think we fail to realize that we pay for CCP's livelihood and WE should determine when something isn't good enough and THEY should want to fix it when WE complain.

No wonder we let our politicians become corrupt in rl, we just let them do whatever they want to us in the name of "they do so much already for us".
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#229 - 2013-05-01 01:59:01 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:

Sorry, but first we're not talking about a single sand grain on our cheesecake, but even if we did I dare wonder who of us still eats the cheesecake at a restaurant after discovering sand on it.

I think we fail to realize that we pay for CCP's livelihood and WE should determine when something isn't good enough and THEY should want to fix it when WE complain.

No wonder we let our politicians become corrupt in rl, we just let them do whatever they want to us in the name of "they do so much already for us".

So everytime someone cry's CCP should come and give us a hug and wipe our arses for us right?!

The players for the most are the worst people to decide the way a game is developed generally. Sure there are few who have enough insite and general fortitude to actualy do the game some good but most are whiney crybabies who just want their stuff to be better than their opponents.

CCP has a bigger picture view than 99% of the playerbase so they can keep it going for so long. Take look at how moany other mmo's have had such a long as Eve adn then think on why the other failed....a lot failed because the developers listened to all the tears and changed **** that they didn't understand to pander to some childish whiners. Balance is the key and Eve is getting better and better all the time with regards to this.

Balance is everything.

2manno Asp
Death By Design
#230 - 2013-05-01 02:31:51 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
People don't really need to be paid 2x or 3x the amount to circle a button. The end result of the FW system ownership. The ownership should bring the goods - not the process of acquiring it.

details aside, a good point.
Cosmo Raata
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#231 - 2013-05-01 03:20:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Cosmo Raata
Taoist Dragon wrote:
Cosmo Raata wrote:

So everytime someone cry's CCP should come and give us a hug and wipe our arses for us right?!

The players for the most are the worst people to decide the way a game is developed generally. Sure there are few who have enough insite and general fortitude to actualy do the game some good but most are whiney crybabies who just want their stuff to be better than their opponents.

CCP has a bigger picture view than 99% of the playerbase so they can keep it going for so long. Take look at how moany other mmo's have had such a long as Eve adn then think on why the other failed....a lot failed because the developers listened to all the tears and changed **** that they didn't understand to pander to some childish whiners. Balance is the key and Eve is getting better and better all the time with regards to this.

I have more tenure as a player than most of the current CCP employees, so I can surely respond to this.

You're full of sh*t.

CCP has been successful because they listen to their player base, the last time they ignored us they almost completely lost the game to unsubbing, BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION. They have a CSM, they present ideas on a test server and ask for feedback all the time. Hell, they may have a vision of their game, but 99% of the ideas probably come from the player base. You need to remove CCP from your pedestal and realize that the players make this game the great game that it is and at times people ask for stupid changes and CCP has the vision to ignore them.

Good Lord, leave it to some 2011 player who hasn't been around long enough to remember the awesomeness of high risk/reward pvp they once had in this game. Took me 2 months to earn enough for a skill book and a damn badger mark II. Had to ninja mine for bistot while mOo threatened to kill you and there was no insurance or warp to zero or bookmarks. This game has been on easy mode and tbh, they are about as close to the risk/reward system of WoW as they have ever been.

All we're asking for it some balls to create something based on its name, FACTIONAL WARFARE. Its plexing, and the pvp to be had with it is no more than you can find in empire by dueling ignorant noobs.

You and Terhiss should do us all a favor and share your comments where they may do some good, perhaps we have a cooking thread and you two can talk more about cheesecake.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#232 - 2013-05-01 04:46:38 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:

I have more tenure as a player than most of the current CCP employees, so I can surely respond to this.

You're full of sh*t.

CCP has been successful because they listen to their player base, the last time they ignored us they almost completely lost the game to unsubbing, BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION. They have a CSM, they present ideas on a test server and ask for feedback all the time. Hell, they may have a vision of their game, but 99% of the ideas probably come from the player base. You need to remove CCP from your pedestal and realize that the players make this game the great game that it is and at times people ask for stupid changes and CCP has the vision to ignore them.

Good Lord, leave it to some 2011 player who hasn't been around long enough to remember the awesomeness of high risk/reward pvp they once had in this game. Took me 2 months to earn enough for a skill book and a damn badger mark II. Had to ninja mine for bistot while mOo threatened to kill you and there was no insurance or warp to zero or bookmarks. This game has been on easy mode and tbh, they are about as close to the risk/reward system of WoW as they have ever been.

All we're asking for it some balls to create something based on its name, FACTIONAL WARFARE. Its plexing, and the pvp to be had with it is no more than you can find in empire by dueling ignorant noobs.

You and Terhiss should do us all a favor and share your comments where they may do some good, perhaps we have a cooking thread and you two can talk more about cheesecake.

Just a bit of background for you as an FYI.

I started playing EVE on day 1 of release so I have plenty of time in the world of new eden to see the biggest highs and lowest lows. It took me litteraly months to afford my first arbitrator, so get over yourself and have a bit of humilty. It'll do you good in the long run trust me. Please don't insult yourself assuming this is the only toon I have played on (as I have already mentioned in a lot of my other posts my history with eve)

Ok chest beating over with.

Since when did I say that a game developer shouldn't listen to the players? I didn't. What I said was that they shouldn't give us a hug and wipe our arse. i.e. not just give us everything we ask for as players because 'we' as players are generally a bunch of greedy, ignorant people as to what is 'best for the game'.

The fact that CCP is actively engaging the playerbase is an excellent thing and is one of the biggest fails that happened in the past. But this by no means indicates that everything that gets put down on these forums should be implemented into the game, that would kill it quicker than a tac nuke in the back yard.
Looking back into MMO history - Ultima Online, the pioneer in pvp centric games. Well a lot of players asked for a 'pve' area that was safer for them to play in. sure they got it and for a year or so subs went up but then they quickly declined and even though the game is still around today it is a shadow of it's former glory.

So you serisouly think that we should just get what we ask for when we cry on these forums?!

There is nothing stopping you having the FW you want. Just get out there and make it happen rather than whine on the forums about it. Seriously the mechanics aren't the issue. It's people apathy to actually putting the effort in to make something happen so they whine on the forums and expect CCP to wipe their arse, give them a hug and a nice lollypop. Man if the older playerbase did that during the first couple of years of eve then most of the 'golden history' or eve would never have happend because all the players would have quit because you know :effort:

Get over it!

Balance is everything.

Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#233 - 2013-05-01 08:15:49 UTC
Cosmo Raata wrote:
...CCP has been successful because they listen to their player base, the last time they ignored us they almost completely lost the game to unsubbing, BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION...

Me'thinks you give the Jita blob too much credit. Yes, they would have lost a lot of old-timers but at the same they would have attracted all the Themepark/Sims teenagerrs carrying their parents credit cards .. CCP did not change course as such, but rather took a detour, Capt. quarters is still with us and being worked on just slower and more deliberately (ie. focus change, not course change).
All the Jita debacle did was give CCP reason to do some good old introspection on what they wanted Eve to be .. by their own admission .. the employees signed up for spaceships and are oddly enough happier now that they get to work with spaceships.
Taoist Dragon wrote:
...There is nothing stopping you having the FW you want. Just get out there and make it happen rather than whine on the forums about it. Seriously the mechanics aren't the issue...

So the fact that income and right to dock, both immensely important for non-Titan pew, is directly tied to risk-free alt farming activity is just something that can be ignored or worked around through :effort:?

Pray tell, How? Spam alts to counter the alts? Waste 80% of ones time in warp between beacons chasing stab-monkeys? Blob the snot out of an enemy?

Mechanics are very much the issue. The whole sand-box thing is nothing but marketing propaganda, Eve left that ages ago .. about the same time as reinforcement timers (ie. POS) were introduced. Sure they are trying to minimize it but don't delude yourself by saying that it it is full of sand .. by far the sandiest on the market but not 'pure'.

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#234 - 2013-05-01 11:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

Taoist Dragon wrote:
...There is nothing stopping you having the FW you want. Just get out there and make it happen rather than whine on the forums about it. Seriously the mechanics aren't the issue...

So the fact that income and right to dock, both immensely important for non-Titan pew, is directly tied to risk-free alt farming activity is just something that can be ignored or worked around through :effort:?

Pray tell, How? Spam alts to counter the alts? Waste 80% of ones time in warp between beacons chasing stab-monkeys? Blob the snot out of an enemy?

Yeah just go an convince more people to make farm alts than there are farmers against you, to join your losing side where they wont make much money, so you can flip the systems so pvpers can pvp better by actually docking to reship/refit etc

its that easy and the mechanics are fine. Roll

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#235 - 2013-05-01 11:23:38 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
Veshta Yoshida wrote:

Taoist Dragon wrote:

Yeah just go an convince more people to make farm alts than there are farmers against you, to join your losing side where they wont make much money, so you can flip the systems so pvpers can pvp better by actually docking to reship/refit etc

its that easy and the mechanics are fine. Roll

This exactly.

You all want FW to be something it's not. It's not about GF's and bragging rights anymore. If you can't be arsed to plex for sov then stop bitching about how much the other side is getting LP cos you are not out there with your friends plexing back.

In reality the mechanics of FW have changed very little since it came out. But the rewards have. so the meta game changes with it. Funny that sounds just like the rest of eve. And when other players whine about how their little part of eve changes what is the no1 response?

Adapt of GTFO!

FW'ers are not special snowflakes. You don't deserve to have everything changed cos you don't like that other players and coming in and kicking you out of your stations. If you want to do something about it go ahead. Man up (or woman up, eve is an equal sexes game after all) and go kick them out.

I enjoy FW now. I enjoyed FW before. Because I made it fun for ME. Stop crying and grow up and go out and fight for your space if that's what you want to do. If not the STFU and stop crying.

Balance is everything.

Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#236 - 2013-05-01 11:34:15 UTC
im not sure why fw is even in low sec anymore, since the focus is to get chars into it for the easy isk and not about pvp

they would get more alts rolled if it was high sec tbh

but oh noes? who would shoot the hubs!?

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#237 - 2013-05-01 12:07:42 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:
im not sure why fw is even in low sec anymore, since the focus is to get chars into it for the easy isk and not about pvp

they would get more alts rolled if it was high sec tbh

but oh noes? who would shoot the hubs!?

Good point my imperial friend.

Post it in the F&I area so more people can go over there about FW as well.

Balance is everything.

Karl Planck
Perkone
Caldari State
#238 - 2013-05-01 15:44:03 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:

• Fix Null - People, corps, and alliances don't leave because there are no other real choices being offered to them.
  • Remove OGB - Veterans on both sides farm the crap out of new people entering FW. Those people leave. It makes it very hard to build a Euro TZ when those people have to enter being self sufficient killers. There is no room for error in that time zone.
  • Put tools in the LP store to help the losing side. I-HUB upgrades to slow plex spawns would be something I have suggested in the past.
  • Make kills move the contested bar in addition to plexes run. If we got credit for all the farmers in Sisiede we murdered we'd still own it! P

• I don't have a lot of hope that anything more then the first two points will be addressed.

to respond in order:

1) Unsure what you mean on this

2) They are trying. Its hard coded, but they are attempting to bring it on grid, like an module or a <250km effect (confirmed at FF)

3) Rewarding people for fighting poorly is not something CCP is accustomed to. While it may help the FW effort, without a FW/lowsec CSM don't expect to see this (or to see a balanced version)

4) Exploitable. At the FF roundtable it was declared that even if it was tied to the worth of a ship (like LP is now) that people would exploit.

I am unsure what the best path forward is for FW, but just here to drop some knowledge so that the debate can move forward with realistic ideas on teh table.

I has all the eve inactivity

Cosmo Raata
    Pandemic Horde Inc.
    Pandemic Horde
    #239 - 2013-05-01 16:04:07 UTC
    Gawd.

I swear, this CCP worship is getting out of control.

Here are some simple fixes that may be more appealing to the softer heart.

1) Remove sec hits from FW space so we can freely shoot anything, but still keep it low sec by not allowing Super capital stuff, bubbling, etc.

2) Gotta change beacon mechanics. Its dumb and if you don't agree with how it works, you're stupid. Yes, that is my argument at this point, tired of beating my head against a wall with some of you morons.

3) Provide more tools where we can find fights easier, space is big and so is FW space.

Better you bleeding heart CCP lovers?
    archon o'v
    Royal Amarr Institute
    Amarr Empire
    #240 - 2013-05-01 16:48:02 UTC
    FW feels like a chick with fake boobs, looks and sounds good but there is no game to it