These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RIP hisec mining, it was fun while it lasted.

First post
Author
Ban Bindy
Bindy Brothers Pottery Association
True Reign
#81 - 2013-04-27 15:57:38 UTC
High sec mining was just fine when trit sold for far less than it does now. If the changes mean there is less competition for high sec mining belts, that's probably a good thing.

The changes to ice mining aren't really being discussed at all; I'm surprised about that. I don't see the logic in having to probe out ice belts when you won't even have to probe out grav sites any more. But CCP will do what it will do. I'm skeptical but I usually think plans for change are bad until I get used to them. I think that's human nature for the most part.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#82 - 2013-04-27 15:58:31 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Demand is gonna be dead
Ok. Let's stop there.
Why is demand going to be dead?
Ari Laveran
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2013-04-27 16:01:09 UTC
Yep troll.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2013-04-27 16:02:13 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
please explain the analytical process that makes "we're adding 71k trit to a batch of spod" turn in to "OMG HIGH SEC MINING IZ DEAD GUYZ".

I'd love to hear this enchanted fairy tale of woe and struggle.

Demand is gonna be dead => Massive price drop => WTS Hulk 10m

Malcanis wrote:
I'll buy all the trit you want to sell at 0.6 ISK/pu

They're free if you write the best eulogy for hisec mining in my contest.

Here's the point where I start asking myself why I insist on arguing with trolls.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#85 - 2013-04-27 16:03:05 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Ban Bindy wrote:
I don't see the logic in having to probe out ice belts when you won't even have to probe out grav sites any more.

You won't. Ice belts will be anomalies, not signatures. It'll take at most a 10 second system scan (which seems to happen automatically when you enter a system or undock) and then you'll be on your way.

Dave Stark
#86 - 2013-04-27 16:03:17 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Here's the point where I start asking myself why I insist on arguing with trolls.

because like me, you've got nothing better to do while you watch the art team at fanfest?
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#87 - 2013-04-27 16:04:39 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

because like me, you've got nothing better to do while you watch the art team at fanfest?

I'm not at Fanfest and if I watch the art team on the SD stream I'll just continue kicking myself for not buying the HD stream. :P

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#88 - 2013-04-27 16:04:44 UTC
Let's do some actual numbers.

Veld = 0.1m3. Batch = 333 = 33.3m3 = 1000 trit. = 30 trit per m3.
Spod = 16 m3. Batch = 250 = 4000m3 = will be 71,000 trit = 17.75 trit per m3.

Oh yeah. hisec mining will die.
Dave Stark
#89 - 2013-04-27 16:05:44 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:

I'm not at Fanfest and if I watch the art team on the SD stream I'll just continue kicking myself for not buying the HD stream. :P

sd stream pauper here too...

also ice mining, trolls make ice mining more interesting.
LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#90 - 2013-04-27 16:08:13 UTC
And, why would we assume demand will be static?

IF mineral prices drop, then PvPers will have to rat less to replace ships = more time PvPing = more boom = more demand.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#91 - 2013-04-27 16:08:34 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
please explain the analytical process that makes "we're adding 71k trit to a batch of spod" turn in to "OMG HIGH SEC MINING IZ DEAD GUYZ".

I'd love to hear this enchanted fairy tale of woe and struggle.

Demand is gonna be dead => Massive price drop => WTS Hulk 10m

Malcanis wrote:
I'll buy all the trit you want to sell at 0.6 ISK/pu

They're free if you write the best eulogy for hisec mining in my contest.

Alas those poor hi-sec miners,
Those dear, departed whiners
They lamented the price of trit
And sounded like a right tit

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Dave Stark
#92 - 2013-04-27 16:09:46 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Alas those poor hi-sec miners,
Those dear, departed whiners
They lamented the price of trit
And sounded like a right tit

brings a tear to the eye.
Ban Bindy
True Reign
#93 - 2013-04-27 16:11:07 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Ban Bindy wrote:
I don't see the logic in having to probe out ice belts when you won't even have to probe out grav sites any more.

You won't. Ice belts will be anomalies, not signatures. It'll take at most a 10 second system scan (which seems to happen automatically when you enter a system or undock) and then you'll be on your way.

That's good news. See, I'm already liking the changes much better.
LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2013-04-27 16:12:04 UTC
My belief is that it will be the high end minerals that will crash in price, as null miners start going after the B and C they currently leave sit now... because they'll be mining them to get the trit and pyr they need for construction of capitals, then dump the high ends for whatever they can get for them.

Draydin Warsong
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2013-04-27 16:12:21 UTC
Meh, Mining was fine before the drone poo nerf so I suspect it will survive this. Now small corps with hisec POS (research type corps) are going to get the shaft in this. 20% less ice to go around is going to mean 800-1500 Million ISK or more to fuel POSs now :O. Ice prices have already almost doubled in Jita since yesterday.
Dave Stark
#96 - 2013-04-27 16:15:50 UTC
LHA Tarawa wrote:
My belief is that it will be the high end minerals that will crash in price, as null miners start going after the B and C they currently leave sit now... because they'll be mining them to get the trit and pyr they need for construction of capitals, then dump the high ends for whatever they can get for them.

no.
you are clueless about null sec mining.

null sec miners do not leave B and C ores just sitting there, at all.
Ban Bindy
True Reign
#97 - 2013-04-27 16:21:58 UTC
Draydin Warsong wrote:
Meh, Mining was fine before the drone poo nerf so I suspect it will survive this. Now small corps with hisec POS (research type corps) are going to get the shaft in this. 20% less ice to go around is going to mean 800-1500 Million ISK or more to fuel POSs now :O. Ice prices have already almost doubled in Jita since yesterday.

High sec ice mining fuels everybody's poses, so this change won't just affect high sec.
Souchek Lehman
Doomheim
#98 - 2013-04-27 16:25:06 UTC
You know when James Amril-Kesh, Malcanis, Tippia, LHA Tarawa and Dave Stark all tell you your wrong you should probably take note.
These changes are great first steps to increase Indy in null/low. Increased Indy in null/low means increased points of in-space interaction. That's a good thing. The ice changes will create mad conflict between larger mining corps in high-sec and encourage those with the ability to "lockdown" certain systems that due to spacial geography can be controlled. That's a good thing. The economy might fluctuate some. Also good.
Anyway, no matter how much you cry it is happening and at the far end of it those of us telling you your wrong will be the ones having a lot of fun while you are stuck playing forum warrior online. So have fun with that guy.

TEN THOUSAND YEARS - Recruiting chill dudes for exploration! In game channel - 10k lounge

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2013-04-27 16:25:54 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
LHA Tarawa wrote:

no.
you are clueless about null sec mining.

null sec miners do not leave B and C ores just sitting there, at all.

The beauty of this discussion.. vs.... say a discussion about politics, religion, or real world economics is here, all we have to do is wait about 6-8 weeks to see the effects.

I mine high sec ores, then sell the minerals to some friends of mine that build capitals in null. I talk to them a lot. First to go is Ark. Then is the mex producing rocks like Kern, Plag and Pyrox. H rocks are taken for Iso and Noc. Trit rocks of Veld and Scord never survive the 3-day respawn.

Then the B and C, may or not survive to respawn. Many times, these are the last "worthwhile" rocks to go, many popping due to respawn.

Then, of course, the Merc, Gen, Spod, Omber,... that always get left behind, except the large, where they are annoyance rocks, taken just to get the early respawn so you aren't forced to go mine more B and C in the giant.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#100 - 2013-04-27 16:25:57 UTC
Souchek Lehman wrote:
James Amril-Kesh

God I hate that name. What the hell was I thinking.