These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RIP hisec mining, it was fun while it lasted.

First post
Author
celebro
BOVRIL bOREers Mining CO-OP
Goonswarm Federation
#321 - 2013-04-28 22:00:08 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
celebro wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

i'm sorry to hear that you don't have fingers, or any way to move the mouse and click, or use keyboard shortcuts.
you must have a difficult life, i applaud you for having the strength to go on.

Very amusing Dave, I need to be semi-afk most of the time, that's the play style I sub for , so I'll remain in HS as most of the semi-afk players out there. Good change in theory, lets see what really happens.

i thought so.

so what's stopping you going to null sec, making friends with the local mining fleet, and informing them you have to be semi afk for whatever reason and if they could fleet warp you to a pos when local flashes you'd be grateful?

failing that, losing a 40m retriever isn't that much of a wallet hit.

Last time I was in 0.0 things didn't turn out so well, being in alliance comms watching local and CTAs, this is a much more active play style I refuse to try atm. As for a mining fleet, I didn't see any, most where shooting red crosses or other players.

IDK about a retriever , shouldn't I be in a hulk to maximize my yield and tank the 0.0 rats? Might as well stay in HS if I need to sacrifice my yield now.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#322 - 2013-04-28 22:00:25 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
And that nice shiny bubble camp of higher SP characters en masse.
…which takes all of 200k SP to defeat.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#323 - 2013-04-28 22:00:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
Dave Stark wrote:
you've never been through a high sec-low sec gate, have you?
you've just heard the bad man lives on the other side, and pissed yourself. right?

This year I've only been out in lowsec in a party wishing to close the escalation.
We never achieved a single kill on other players, and never went above 50% survival rate.
Not enough skillpoints for pvp yet.

Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
…which takes all of 200M SP to defeat and 20M to have a slightest chance to avoid.

fixd.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Dave Stark
#324 - 2013-04-28 22:01:21 UTC
celebro wrote:
shouldn't I be in a hulk to maximize my yield and tank the 0.0 rats? Might as well stay in HS if I need to sacrifice my yield now.

mostly afk
hulk

uh, what?
Dave Stark
#325 - 2013-04-28 22:02:16 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
you've never been through a high sec-low sec gate, have you?
you've just heard the bad man lives on the other side, and pissed yourself. right?

This year I've only been out in lowsec in a party wishing to close the escalation.
We never achieved a single kill on other players, and never went above 50% survival rate.

your sp has nothing to do with pvp.

stop pretending it does, you aren't peter pan.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#326 - 2013-04-28 22:06:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Basil Pupkin wrote:
No. You don't have enough PvP experience to PvP yet. SP is not a factor. The only way to get that PvP experience is to PvP. Waiting for your SP to accumulate will just mean that you never have enough experience.

Quote:
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
…which takes all of 200k SP to defeat and 0k to have a the easiest time in the world to avoid.
fixd.
Actually fixed. Of course, since you have no PvP experience, you don't know this and have to invent nonsense here just like with all of you other claims. Much like mining and the history of the game, you have proven that this is not an area you know enough about to really make any kind of comment on.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#327 - 2013-04-28 22:09:30 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
No. You don't have enough PvP experience to PvP yet. SP is not a factor. The only way to get that PvP experience is to PvP. Waiting for your SP to accumulate will just mean that you never have enough experience.

Quote:
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
…which takes all of 200k SP to defeat and 0k to have a the easiest time in the world to avoid.
fixd.
Actually fixed. Of course, since you have no PvP experience, you don't know this and have to invent nonsense here just like with all of you other claims.

Waiting for SP to accumulate won't work because everyone's SP is accumulating. You'll stay forever behind without implants, and pvp = losing implants. This means pvp is the best way to give yourself even harder setback in pvp.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Dave Stark
#328 - 2013-04-28 22:11:23 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Waiting for SP to accumulate won't work because everyone's SP is accumulating. You'll stay forever behind without implants, and pvp = losing implants. This means pvp is the best way to give yourself even harder setback in pvp.

he's like a colostomy bag. full of ****.
celebro
BOVRIL bOREers Mining CO-OP
Goonswarm Federation
#329 - 2013-04-28 22:12:40 UTC  |  Edited by: celebro
Dave Stark wrote:
celebro wrote:
shouldn't I be in a hulk to maximize my yield and tank the 0.0 rats? Might as well stay in HS if I need to sacrifice my yield now.

mostly afk
hulk

uh, what?

Not mostly afk but semi-afk there's a big difference, but anyways probably a mack will suit me best as I am sure the Orca would be sitting in safely in POS now, unless i'm in a corp mining op giving away my time to fuel wars. Mining is a play style most suited for High sec changes by making super veld and scord in 0.0 won't change that.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#330 - 2013-04-28 22:13:33 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
[Waiting for SP to accumulate won't work because everyone's SP is accumulating.
Sure, but that's not why it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is that waiting for SP doesn't give you what you need: PvP experience.

Funnily enough, PvP experience is something that is better accumulated with absolutely minute amounts of SP, which means that the effect is pretty much the exact opposite of what you've been tricked into believing.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#331 - 2013-04-28 22:14:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
So ... random guy believes higher SP are *a necessity* for combat,
although those who actually know better try to tell him that this isn't the case.

What the random guy here does, is believing that he knows what he is talking about,
although he factually can not. He's completely blind to the fact that he's avoiding to see
that the only real issue is his own capability/inadequacy/lack of experience.

Doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway, what i see from all the people talking with him about this,
is that nobody actually knows what the random guy *really* is talking about.

He doesn't give any actual information as of why he believes more SP are needed
and within this lies the issue why others fail to communicate that SP aren't important.
"defeat", "avoid", etc. don't give any data about the situations he was in or the choices that were made.

To solve the problem, the right questions need to be asked.

No, i won't. That's your part. ^_^
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#332 - 2013-04-28 22:16:12 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
[Waiting for SP to accumulate won't work because everyone's SP is accumulating.
Sure, but that's not why it doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is that waiting for SP doesn't give you what you need: PvP experience.

Funnily enough, PvP experience is something that is better accumulated with absolutely minute amounts of SP, which means that the effect is pretty much the exact opposite of what you've been tricked into believing.

So, at which gate do you usually camp while tricking newbies into setting themself back by trying PvP?

Dave Stark
#333 - 2013-04-28 22:16:36 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
So ... random guy believes higher SP are *a necessity* for combat,
although those who actually know better try to tell him that this isn't the case.

What the random guy here does, is believing that he knows what he is talking about,
although he factually can not. He's completely blind to the fact that he's avoiding to see
that the only real issue is his own capability/inadequacy/lack of experience.

Doesn't seem to fit.

Anyway, what i see from all the people talking with him about this,
is that nobody actually knows what the random guy *really* is talking about.

He doesn't give any actual information as of why he believes more SP are needed
and within this lies the issue why others fail to communicate that SP aren't important.
"defeat", "avoid", etc. don't give any data about the situations he was in or the choices that were made.

To solve the problem, the right questions need to be asked.

No, i won't. That's your part. ^_^

but i already know he won't share what he's smoking, so there's no point asking.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#334 - 2013-04-28 22:17:30 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
So, at which gate do you usually camp while tricking newbies into setting themself back by trying PvP?
Mu. I know it's hard to accept that what you've been hearing is a lie, but that's just something you'll have to accept.

Your problem isn't that you have too little SP — it's that you already have too much.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#335 - 2013-04-28 22:18:24 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Mu. I know it's hard to accept that what you've been hearing is a lie, but that's just something you'll have to accept.

Your problem isn't that you have too little SP — it's that everyone else already have too much.

fixd.

Dave Stark
#336 - 2013-04-28 22:19:35 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
fixd.

aside from the typo, that word does not mean what you think it means.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#337 - 2013-04-28 22:20:39 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Here ladies and gentlemen we see Ursus Tutela in its natural habitat, hiding from PvP behind Concords false skirts of security. Ursus Tutela is generally a solitary creature, although they may band together if driven to by predators. Ursus Tutela fears any changes to the environment, they are perceived as detrimental to the gathering of ISK and resources. Driven by fear Ursus Tutela believes that PvP is won by SP, and that it will never have enough SP to do it. Natural predators are anything that is not of the same species, and sometimes even its own species will turn upon the weak and unprepared.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#338 - 2013-04-28 22:20:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Broken due to ignorance, inexperience, and lack of actually sitting down to see what SP do.
Fixed.

Your best bet at this point is to create a new alt and train it up to 900k:ish SP. Maybe then you'll have a chance of actually learning. More than that and you will have fallen in the same trap all over again.
Dave Stark
#339 - 2013-04-28 22:21:36 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Here ladies and gentlemen we see Ursus Tutela in its natural habitat, hiding from PvP behind Concords false skirts of security. Ursus Tutela is generally a solitary creature, although they may band together if driven to by predators. Ursus Tutela fears any changes to the environment, they are perceived as detrimental to the gathering of ISK and resources. Driven by fear Ursus Tutela believes that PvP is won by SP, and that it will never have enough SP to do it. Natural predators are anything that is not of the same species, and sometimes even its own species will turn upon the weak and unprepared.

i so read that in david attenborough's voice.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#340 - 2013-04-28 22:22:52 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

i so read that in david attenborough's voice.

That was the intent P

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack