These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RIP hisec mining, it was fun while it lasted.

First post
Author
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#301 - 2013-04-28 21:38:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
celebro wrote:
I wish I could, but due to RL constraints , not possible. Too bad CCP, most wont change their play style to suit your changes.
Believing that RL time issues keep people from playing in lowsec just displays how bad you are at this game ...
... but your post sounds more like a lie anyway.

(edit: assuming it's time. because anything else doesn't make sense)
(except stupidity, maybe)
Dave stark
#302 - 2013-04-28 21:38:12 UTC
celebro wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
So people would have to leave highsec every once in a while, this is progress

Assuming leaving hisec is an option for many players.
No it's not.

yes it is, the gates are open.

I wish I could, but due to RL constraints , not possible. Too bad CCP, most wont change their play style to suit your changes.

i'm sorry to hear that you don't have fingers, or any way to move the mouse and click, or use keyboard shortcuts.
you must have a difficult life, i applaud you for having the strength to go on.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#303 - 2013-04-28 21:40:25 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
celebro wrote:
Believing that RL time issues keep people from playing in lowsec just displays how bad you are at this game ...

Well, like i said, if eve had pvp not bound to "SP = win", gates could really open both sides. But meh, no pvp = gates closed.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Dave stark
#304 - 2013-04-28 21:41:33 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
celebro wrote:

Well, like i said, if eve had pvp not bound to "SP = win", gates could really open both sides. But meh, no pvp = gates closed.

but pvp isn't bound to "sp = win". so the gates are open both sides.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#305 - 2013-04-28 21:41:42 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

Why not?. CVA space is NRDS, that's a non highsec option for any miner that wants a piece of the new nullsec ores.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#306 - 2013-04-28 21:44:09 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

Why not?. CVA space is NRDS, that's a non highsec option for any miner that wants a piece of the new nullsec ores.

And... how can you stay NR for more than a second? Let me guess: you can't.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Kharamete
Royal Assent
#307 - 2013-04-28 21:44:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Kharamete
I basically think the OP is trolling now.

Nothing will change much, except that I think that come the winter expansion the afk cloaking issue will have much bigger proponents than it has now. Maybe it will finally be "solved". Or improved. Or iterated. Choose your euphemism for removed.

CCP FoxFour: "... the what button... oh god I didn't even know that existed. BRB."

My little youtube videos can be found here

celebro
BOVRIL bOREers Mining CO-OP
Goonswarm Federation
#308 - 2013-04-28 21:44:32 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:

i'm sorry to hear that you don't have fingers, or any way to move the mouse and click, or use keyboard shortcuts.

Very amusing Dave, I need to be semi-afk most of the time, that's the play style I sub for , so I'll remain in HS as most of the semi-afk players out there. Good change in theory, lets see what really happens.
Dave stark
#309 - 2013-04-28 21:44:35 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

haha, that picture. excellent.
Meryl SinGarda
Belligerent Underpaid Tactical Team
#310 - 2013-04-28 21:46:05 UTC
I will stay here in high-sec until somebody blows the station out from under me. Twisted
Jonah Gravenstein
#311 - 2013-04-28 21:46:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Basil Pupkin wrote:

Common misconception, a players knowledge and experience of game mechanics, tactics and the capabilities of the ship and fit he's flying are what counts in PvP, all SP does is give people more options.

SP definitely does not equal win.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Dave stark
#312 - 2013-04-28 21:46:37 UTC
celebro wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Very amusing Dave, I need to be semi-afk most of the time, that's the play style I sub for , so I'll remain in HS as most of the semi-afk players out there. Good change in theory, lets see what really happens.

i thought so.

so what's stopping you going to null sec, making friends with the local mining fleet, and informing them you have to be semi afk for whatever reason and if they could fleet warp you to a pos when local flashes you'd be grateful?

failing that, losing a 40m retriever isn't that much of a wallet hit.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#313 - 2013-04-28 21:49:11 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
celebro wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

i thought so.

so what's stopping you going to null sec, making friends with the local mining fleet, and informing them you have to be semi afk for whatever reason and if they could fleet warp you to a pos when local flashes you'd be grateful?

you forgot rigs, implants, and clone.
100M.

Dave stark
#314 - 2013-04-28 21:51:02 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
celebro wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

i thought so.

you forgot rigs, implants, and clone.
100M.

you don't rig a retriever, none increase yield.
and 3% mining implants don't cost 100m.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#315 - 2013-04-28 21:51:17 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Well, like i said, if eve had pvp not bound to "SP = win", gates could really open both sides.
…which is part of why the gates really are open both ways.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#316 - 2013-04-28 21:55:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Basil Pupkin
Dave Stark wrote:

Just pointing out that we still need stat implants in (a futile) effort to board the leaving PvP SP train.

Tippia wrote:

For those who are already on the other side. Not for anyone else.

Jonah Gravenstein
#317 - 2013-04-28 21:55:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Well, like i said, if eve had pvp not bound to "SP = win", gates could really open both sides.

OP fails to understand that the only lock on lowsec gates is himself.
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Just pointing out that we still need stat implants in (a futile) effort to board the leaving PvP SP train.

No you don't, new character, 16 days into a T2 fitted destroyer, 2/3 more days for a basic cruiser. No implants, just a remap.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#318 - 2013-04-28 21:56:38 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

And that nice shiny bubble camp of higher SP characters en masse.

Dave stark
#319 - 2013-04-28 21:57:09 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

Tippia wrote:

For those who are already on the other side. Not for anyone else.

just pointing out you don't need stat implants.
also sp has nothing to do with pvp, stop pretending it does. pretending doesn't work, you ain't peter pan.
Dave stark
#320 - 2013-04-28 21:57:52 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

And that nice shiny bubble camp of higher SP characters en masse.

you've never been through a high sec-low sec gate, have you?
you've just heard the bad man lives on the other side, and pissed yourself. right?