These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

RIP hisec mining, it was fun while it lasted.

First post
Author
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#281 - 2013-04-28 21:18:22 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

I abstain from "good vs bad" analysis, it's just a fact it's going to die. Belts at least for sure. Ice mining would give way to Ice camping. New gravs... we'll see if there's enough to keep the miners going.

Unless you can provide some sort of evidence for your far fetched doomsday scenario, then we're going to laugh at you some more. You can't even give a decent example of how highsec mining is going to die and how competition for resources in a PvP game is bad.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Mister Tuggles
Dickhead Corner
Amarr Shithole
#282 - 2013-04-28 21:19:02 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
inb4 nullbears happy tears hotdrop, how long do you think tritanium/pyerite prices would stay above 0.5 ISK after Odyssey?

Well, we're hisec. We're here to be nerfed. Should not be news.

My guess is that prices will drop some 30%, back to where they were before drone alloys were removed. Bear

Prices won't drop at all since null bears won't have their alts in HS mining them. Supply will go down, but the demand will also go down since Null will no longer need to use our ores.

What is really going to be ****** up from all of this is high end ore prices. I believe null will no longer be bringing them up to HS since they will be completely self sufficient from an industrial point of view.

HUGE mistake by CCP. huge.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#283 - 2013-04-28 21:22:05 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
I abstain from "good vs bad" analysis, it's just a fact it's going to die.
How is this “a fact”?
Nathalie LaPorte
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#284 - 2013-04-28 21:22:05 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:

This can be taken as a compliment, although i don't really know your POV.
To my defense, though ... you don't know me ingame. :p
Forums are a totally different act. ^_^

Being unbro-like is definitely a compliment from my POV.

Let me see if I have Basil's arguments in tl'dr version here:

1. Highsec mining will die, if you even think about mining in highsec the EVE client will close itself automatically, using thought electrodes implanted into your brain, to prevent IRL casualties caused by boredom and low ISK/hour returns.
2. There will be so much competition in highsec mining that ice asteroids will literally be exhausted 28 minutes before they appear onscreen, existing in the intervening period as some kind of quantum paradox.

My spidey-sense is tingling, as if the concatenation of points 1 and 2 produces some kind of contradiction, but I can't piece together exactly what it is. Something to do with massive locust hordes of highsec miners not being consistent with highsec mining being a completely dead and abandoned profession, perhaps? Ah, but the truth appears in a synthesis of points 1 and 2: instead of one person controlling 100 accounts on 3-4 computers, the new highsec mining will be done by 100 accounts controlled by 50 zombies on 50 computers, raised from the dead via knowledge buried in a forbidden skillbook stashed in Jovian space. When he says hisec mining will be dead, he's being metaphorical, he really means 'undead'. The new order will abandon bumping, in favor of holy water sprinkling, and ganking will be performed by a crack team of Dominicans flown in from the Vatican.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#285 - 2013-04-28 21:22:44 UTC
Mister Tuggles wrote:
Prices won't drop at all since null bears won't have their alts in HS mining them. Supply will go down, but the demand will also go down since Null will no longer need to use our ores.

What is really going to be ****** up from all of this is high end ore prices. I believe null will no longer be bringing them up to HS since they will be completely self sufficient from an industrial point of view.

inb4 you will be lied to about null being still undersupplied, unsecure to mine at, etc... i still think demand is going to drop harder than supply.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#286 - 2013-04-28 21:23:46 UTC
This really went far enough.

I must ask all gankers and bumpers to combine to one gigantic force
to get rid of *all* miners once and for all.

Then we can monopolize highsec mining by allowing only alts to mine and dictate prices as we please.

(hahahahahahahaha, wishfull thinking)
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#287 - 2013-04-28 21:24:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Mister Tuggles wrote:

I should really leave this one to someone else but here we go.

They won't be self sufficient, nullsec will be unable to supply enough lowends to feed their industrial machine, the changes to null ores ease the lowend mineral bottleneck somewhat but they are not anywhere near removing it. Nullsec industry will still need to import a goodly quantity of those minerals from hisec, and they will still be selling their excess highends to fund it.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#288 - 2013-04-28 21:24:56 UTC
Mister Tuggles wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:
inb4 nullbears happy tears hotdrop, how long do you think tritanium/pyerite prices would stay above 0.5 ISK after Odyssey?

Well, we're hisec. We're here to be nerfed. Should not be news.

My guess is that prices will drop some 30%, back to where they were before drone alloys were removed. Bear

So people would have to leave highsec every once in a while, this is progress

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#289 - 2013-04-28 21:25:00 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
i still think demand is going to drop harder than supply.
Why's that? In fact, why would demand drop at all?
Dave Stark
#290 - 2013-04-28 21:25:03 UTC
Mister Tuggles wrote:
I believe null will no longer be bringing them up to HS since they will be completely self sufficient from an industrial point of view.

if i mine one large grav site in null. and use all the megacyte to make rokhs, i need 32 grav sites worth of tritanium. that means i either export 31 grav site's worth of megacyte, or import 31 grav sites of trit.

null sec will still use high sec, just less.
celebro
BOVRIL bOREers Mining CO-OP
Goonswarm Federation
#291 - 2013-04-28 21:27:07 UTC
More importantly, RIP for those HS alts...
Nathalie LaPorte
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#292 - 2013-04-28 21:29:11 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

inb4 you will be lied to about null being still undersupplied, unsecure to mine at, etc... i still think demand is going to drop harder than supply.

Let me point out that you predicted that supply(of highsec ore) was going to drop to ZERO, and that it's impossible for demand to drop harder than that.

Oh right, zombie hordes, forgot.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#293 - 2013-04-28 21:30:18 UTC
Oh btw ... Dave, have you already declared support for the optional High Resolution Texture Pack ?
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#294 - 2013-04-28 21:31:24 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:

Assuming leaving hisec is an option for many players.
No it's not.

Being teh freightergankbear automatically puts you below missionbear and minerbear in carebear hierarchy.

If you're about to make "this will make eve un-eve" argument, odds are you are defending some utterly horrible mechanics against a good change.

Dave Stark
#295 - 2013-04-28 21:31:45 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Oh btw ... Dave, have you already declared support for the optional High Resolution Texture Pack ?

no, because i don't care.
Dave Stark
#296 - 2013-04-28 21:32:07 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

yes it is, the gates are open.
Basil Pupkin
Republic Military School
#297 - 2013-04-28 21:36:31 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

Being open only on one side is not being open.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#298 - 2013-04-28 21:36:52 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

no, because i don't care.
Well, if you don't care, you could as well declare support !
celebro
BOVRIL bOREers Mining CO-OP
Goonswarm Federation
#299 - 2013-04-28 21:36:52 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

I wish I could, but due to RL constraints , not possible. Too bad CCP, most wont change their play style to suit your changes.
Dave Stark
#300 - 2013-04-28 21:37:26 UTC
Basil Pupkin wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Basil Pupkin wrote:

No it's not.

Being open only on one side is not being open.

good job it's open on both sides, then.