These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Allegations of breaking the NDA

First post
Author
Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#221 - 2011-10-19 07:49:59 UTC
Skunk Gracklaw wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:
Tell me again why I shouldn't expect the CSM to be unbiased in their representation?

Why should anybody on the CSM put forth effort worrying about people who didn't bother voting?

Well, I did vote, though I didn't really take any of it seriously as I didn't think it made that much of a difference. I wrongly assumed that anyone taking the position(s) would follow the mandate set forth by CCP.

Lesson learned.
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#222 - 2011-10-19 07:52:43 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
What is the blazes was going through your mind when you decided to post this after the brouhaha had died down, Darius III? Let sleeping dogs lie. Roll

It's especially absurd to stroke up this particular fire in the way you have, it's like watching Desdemona and Othello all over again.

I feel sorry for the very special people who voted for you.

Because the "brouhaha" hadn't died down, infact it had gotten worse, which is why he posted. Over the last 3 days there have been multiple threads and posts making these accustions and he's gotten fed up with it so decided to make a statement about the situation, i don't blame him to be honest.
Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#223 - 2011-10-19 07:59:23 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:

Do you really think the playerbase really cares if anyone breaks the NDA or not? I for one could care less, in fact, I don't really get why this stuff has to be secret in the first place. But, that's for CCP to decide and for CCP to enforce.

To be honest the only CSM i would "trust" is one that broke the NDA, IF it was done for the good of the comunity, CCP shouldn't be restricting the information chain between us and them this way, if there's stuff that's so damned sensitive they have to make a contract to stop people telling others then it's probably so wrong and they shouldn't be doing whatever it is in the first place.

I don't trust CCP at all because they are simply not open with us and try to hide what they're doing behind NDA's.

It's the same with SW:TOR, i agreed to their NDA, and then went straight out and blabbed everything simply because their NDA is stupid and prospective customers NEED to know what's going on.
Signal11th
#224 - 2011-10-19 08:21:31 UTC
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:
who are supposed to represent the ENTIRE community

that's where your preconceived notions fall apart

You really need to stop posting, you're doing the Goons no favours!

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#225 - 2011-10-19 08:52:18 UTC
Signal11th wrote:
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:

How so? Mittens never campaigned with the illusion of "representing everyone."

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Naran Eto
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#226 - 2011-10-19 09:00:35 UTC
Andski wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:

He didn't need to campaign anything, he had hundreds of goons he coudl just order to vote for him P

Signal11th
#227 - 2011-10-19 09:04:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Signal11th
Andski wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:

You seem to be under the illusion that Mit's should have a choice in who he represents??

The purpose of the CSM is to represent society interests to CCP. This requires active engagement with the player community to master EVE issue awareness, understanding, and evaluation in the context of the “greatest good for the greater player base

Greater player base at last check I think was high-sec so that's who he should be representing no? The whole problem with the CSM is that they seem to be under the impression that they are there to make choices for CCP in relation to specific sub-sections of the player base when they really should be concentrating on representing everyone who plays eve be it 0.0,low-sec,wormholes.

Each individual member of the CSM should represent everyone in EVE not just their specific area. Again people are not on there to champion their own little playground thats not what it was intended for. All this childish squabbling just pushes the CSM into irrelevance which is sad because they started off doing a good job.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Soldarius
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#228 - 2011-10-19 09:39:24 UTC
I would like to take this opportunity to remind the Eve community, never trust a goon.

Goons burning down the forums over a supposed "breach of NDA". Yet Mittani doesn't see it as their job to police Eve over RMT. Real consistent position there. I also don't recall you guys moaning as much over the leak of the Fearless internal newsletter, an obvious breach of NDA.

The entire accusation is based on a chat-log, with a single set of 3 time-stamps.

If you'd like, I can show you my chat logs with Richard Nixon over MSN last night. I also have some logs of Hillmar agreeing to sell me Delve for 100 isk and a song. (I can't sing for ****.)

Keep it up, Goons. We're ready to believe you.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Generals4
#229 - 2011-10-19 09:58:29 UTC
Soldarius wrote:

Goons burning down the forums over a supposed "breach of NDA". Yet Mittani doesn't see it as their job to police Eve over RMT. Real consistent position there. I also don't recall you guys moaning as much over the leak of the Fearless internal newsletter, an obvious breach of NDA.

I guess it's because the RMT'ers didn't troll them?

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#230 - 2011-10-19 10:12:04 UTC
Soldarius wrote:

mindless stuff while ignoring what he doesn't want to see

Sorry for singling you out Soldarius, nothing personal....

1. Riverini and Darius are mates in the same Alliance.
2. Riverini already admitted that Darius passed him logs from the CSM's Skype chat channel
3. Darius has a history of being a low ball scammer with little regard for the CSM
4. Goons didnt start this thread - Darius did
5. Darius' entire defense is a laughable crock of sh*t based on "I allways capitalize names (well 99% of the time)" even though the chat log does actually capitalize names.

You can hate Goons as much as you like - it doesn't change the fact that Darius is an ass, and guilty as hell.
Widemouth Deepthroat
Pink Sockers
#231 - 2011-10-19 10:18:04 UTC
Step down and let someone take your place! I nominate Dai Tengu. He is a morbidly obese neckbeard with long greasy hair. Not that he would do a better job than you Darius, just he doesn't have much going for him in his life so CSM would give him a reason not to eat himself to death.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#232 - 2011-10-19 10:22:27 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
Hi,

Where there is smoke, there is smoke.
Is it just smokey?
Sometimes you can see the flames.

But, more often than not, I only see the smoke. Sad

edit: Is flames one syllable?
ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#233 - 2011-10-19 10:27:45 UTC  |  Edited by: ThisIsntMyMain
non judgement wrote:
Hi,

So Riverini POSTING the leaked chatlogs on EveNews24 and then ADMITTING on k*.com that they came from Darius is just smoke ?

Edit, Yeah its just one sylable
Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#234 - 2011-10-19 10:43:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghost Xray
Andski wrote:
Signal11th wrote:
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:

It doesn't matter if he agreed to represent everyone or not. Fact is, he's bound to it by the office he holds. He may not want to do it, but that is the position he agreed to, and I'm sure behind closed doors it's what he's telling CCP.

If he were to fly to Iceland and tell CCP straight up that he doesn't care about any issues outside those involving his alliance, I'm sure he'd be sent packing. His BS he throws around on the forums are likely in jest, but if they are not then I don't know why CCP would bother listening to his 1 side of the coin view.

To bring this back to the point, when an accusation is thrown around about another CSM by The Mittiani and his ilk, it will probably be met with skepticism and doubt because of the character of the Goons in general, which they proudly flaunt "We're sneaks, cheats, scammers, griefers, etc, etc, ad nauseum"

Had someone like Chribba said the same exact thing, people would probably take his word for it.

You Goons are working hard to implicate D3 and call for his removal, but his crimes of leaking some silly chat log about nothing pales in comparison to a CSM Chairman who is ONLY interested in representing the Goons. This whole thing about leaking NDA matters not to anyone but CCP. What matters to me is fair and equal representation in the CSM. This episode further exposes what The Mittiani is interested in, and it sure isn't the player base.
non judgement
Without Fear
Flying Burning Ships Alliance
#235 - 2011-10-19 10:51:55 UTC  |  Edited by: non judgement
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Hi,

So Riverini POSTING the leaked chatlogs on EveNews24 and then ADMITTING on k*.com that they came from Darius is just smoke ?

The point of a NDA is to guard against breaches of important information. Since there was no important info leaked in those chat logs. No one has said there was anything important leaked. Just that there was a chat log from Skype. Why would anyone care about the NDA, if there wasn't anything important leaked? I don't know. Are Skype chat logs about his dinner friday night covered by NDA? Maybe they are, but it isn't for me to say.

If CCP choose to act on this and say he's out of the CSM, then that's fine. But they haven't.

End of story.. or at least, waiting for CCP to confirm that it is indeed the end of the story.
Generals4
#236 - 2011-10-19 11:00:39 UTC
ThisIsntMyMain wrote:
non judgement wrote:
Hi,

Actually could someone tell me where i can find these posts on the site. All people gave was the post number... which can't even be used on k.com to search it in order to find the topic and read some context.

_-Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily. _

Prince Kobol
#237 - 2011-10-19 11:05:40 UTC
I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why I should care.

Anybody?
Adunh Slavy
#238 - 2011-10-19 11:22:13 UTC
Thankfully the CSM has no real power.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#239 - 2011-10-19 11:32:45 UTC
I understand your concern over this, and can respect that you are trying to clear your name in some way, shape, or form.

But bringing this to the general forum likely won't help much. In fact, it might have the exact opposite effect.

Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#240 - 2011-10-19 12:01:27 UTC
And once again the reason as of why a normal person will never ever run for CSM is clear.

Also using the CSM as promotional tool and then reading this bullcrap on the forums makes me wonder if their PR manager isn't fired yet.