These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Allegations of breaking the NDA

First post
Author
jm24
CRICE Corp
#201 - 2011-10-19 04:06:34 UTC
I find the secret to gathering the most rep is to post in one sentence or less.
Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#202 - 2011-10-19 04:09:54 UTC
The players need the CSM like a fish needs a bycycle.
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#203 - 2011-10-19 04:10:19 UTC
jm24 wrote:
I find the secret to gathering the most rep is to post in one sentence or less.

Absolutely true.
EVE Stig
Doomheim
#204 - 2011-10-19 04:29:15 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:

this. Funny thing though is how much Hilmar seems to think this group is a good thing.

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!

Andski
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#205 - 2011-10-19 04:34:08 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:

if only you could spell bicycle

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

EVE Stig
Doomheim
#206 - 2011-10-19 04:40:43 UTC
Andski wrote:
Gealbhan wrote:

if only you could spell bicycle

glad to see the only thing you disagree about as far as his statement goes is the spelling

"Some say that he is actually dead, but the Grim Reaper is too afraid to tell him." "Some say he is the 3rd member of Daft Punk and he did the vocals of "Technologic" song. All we know is,he's called EVE Stig"!

ThisIsntMyMain
Doomheim
#207 - 2011-10-19 05:04:44 UTC
Gealbhan wrote:
The players need Darius III like a fish needs a bicycle.

FYP.

This is the same guy who got idiots to vote for him by offering free Plex (It was of course a scam)

You're a waste of space Darius - get out and let someone competent do the job

Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#208 - 2011-10-19 05:42:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghost Xray
digi wrote:
It really doesn't matter what CCP does or doesn't do at this point. Darius III has shown that he is not a trustworthy individual. Think about this for a second: he could stay on the CSM but that doesn't mean that anyone has to work with him. He will be shut out of conversations, ostracized from even the simplest of things and completely shunned by his peers. I simply do not see how he can continue politically, regardless of any ruling by CCP.

He has effectively ended his CSM career. And for what?

This is why the CSM should be shut down entirely. The idea that people are shutting out others from conversations over allegations and supposed "hard facts" turns the CSM into a clique (which I'm sure it was already, given some of the characters who are involved in it).

Do you really think the playerbase really cares if anyone breaks the NDA or not? I for one could care less, in fact, I don't really get why this stuff has to be secret in the first place. But, that's for CCP to decide and for CCP to enforce.

Which goes to my point. Why do the Goons really care about this dude breaking any NDA? What seems overwhelming clear is the Goonie leadership will go to great lengths to enforce rules set by CCP, ONLY when it directly serves the Goonies to do so.
Andski
Caldari State
#209 - 2011-10-19 05:44:40 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:
Which goes to my point. Why do the Goons really care about this dude breaking any NDA? What seems overwhelming clear is the Goonie leadership will go to great lengths to enforce rules set by CCP, ONLY when it directly serves the Goonies to do so.

yep, deal with it

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#210 - 2011-10-19 06:05:39 UTC
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:

yep, deal with it

So with that in mind, it's clearly a mistake to have these people, who are supposed to represent the ENTIRE community, in the positions they are in when they are only SELF serving.

I have to wonder if The Mittiani (or any Goon for that matter) has any intention of running for a CSM seat in the future. I never really paid that much attention before, but you can bet I will now. As I'm sure a lot of people will.

Great PR Roll

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we need another Sir Mollie to step up and squish the Goonies back into JV1V. Eve could use some pest control.

Jigoku Tomi
Time Sync
#211 - 2011-10-19 06:20:23 UTC
Said it about post #3 Darius. Your grammar defense was pointless, and torpedoed soon after.

You've probably just voted yourself off of the CSM forever. It would appear the Goons beat you regardless of reality.

And you have handed it to them.

Sorry Honey.
Andski
Caldari State
#212 - 2011-10-19 06:49:46 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:
who are supposed to represent the ENTIRE community

that's where your preconceived notions fall apart

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#213 - 2011-10-19 06:54:20 UTC
are you my friend?

either innocent or not, it hurts you reputation.
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#214 - 2011-10-19 07:02:00 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we need another Sir Mollie to step up and squish the Goonies back into JV1V. Eve could use some pest control.

The Forever War is still being waged but bad posting is now the Eternal Enemy.
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2011-10-19 07:06:05 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:

Step up, then?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Hrald
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#216 - 2011-10-19 07:11:44 UTC
Why don't you ask him? Isn't he ******* around in Raidendot or something?
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#217 - 2011-10-19 07:21:59 UTC
Hrald wrote:
Why don't you ask him? Isn't he ******* around in Raidendot or something?

*facepalm*

https://gate.eveonline.com/Corporation/Evolution

It's not like this kind of information is hard to get hold of these days...

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#218 - 2011-10-19 07:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghost Xray
Andski wrote:
Ghost Xray wrote:
who are supposed to represent the ENTIRE community

that's where your preconceived notions fall apart

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/What_is_the_CSM

"The Scope of the CSM

The purpose of the CSM is to represent society interests to CCP. This requires active engagement with the player community to master EVE issue awareness, understanding, and evaluation in the context of the “greatest good for the greater player base”. The scope of issues is restricted only to EVE, its ongoing development, and limited meta (out-of-game) issues which have direct relevance to the EVE universe. It is important to keep in mind that the CSM will not have formal powers within CCP, they will have a voice inside CCP."

See what is says there? "“greatest good for the greater player base". That doesn't say the "goonie player base".

Tell me again why I shouldn't expect the CSM to be unbiased in their representation?
Ghost Xray
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#219 - 2011-10-19 07:38:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ghost Xray
Skunk Gracklaw
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#220 - 2011-10-19 07:44:05 UTC
Ghost Xray wrote:
Tell me again why I shouldn't expect the CSM to be unbiased in their representation?

Why should anybody on the CSM put forth effort worrying about people who didn't bother voting?