These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Capital Rigs

First post First post
Author
Hoarr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#241 - 2013-04-24 18:30:55 UTC
Will the rigs that previously did not work for capitals work retroactively? For instance, if I put a large aux nano pump on my capital right now, come the summer, will it affect my capital modules?

Ivoto
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#242 - 2013-04-24 18:51:44 UTC
CCP Tallest wrote:
Hey

We're putting capital rigs into EVE. Not much else to say, really. They will work pretty much as you would expect them to.

Questions? Comments?

OP - thread lacks content and enthusiasm. 3/10. Blink
Ivoto
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#243 - 2013-04-24 18:57:29 UTC
Hoarr wrote:
Will the rigs that previously did not work for capitals work retroactively? For instance, if I put a large aux nano pump on my capital right now, come the summer, will it affect my capital modules?

I know this isnt a Blue post, but IIRC the large rigs on Caps currently will provide the same bonus, after the patch, as the new XL rigs.

Once live, I assume you will not be able to fit large rigs to caps, only XL, sorta like when they introduced tiered rigs.
Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#244 - 2013-04-24 19:04:59 UTC
how about introducing some rigs that are actually useful other than capacitor, fitting, dps, or tank rigs?

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#245 - 2013-04-24 19:18:16 UTC
i can only image how many gallente tears until this gets changed.

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Mistress Rose
Defensores Fidei
#246 - 2013-04-24 19:19:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Mistress Rose
Tau Cabalander wrote:
The Rorqual is probably the only capital that will suffer from this change.

Well, thankfully SCSAI-Beams are near their all-time low. Time to stock up?
DRACOincarnation
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#247 - 2013-04-24 19:24:32 UTC
I would be rather interested to see whether they are actually going to introduce Capital T2 rigs... Given that there are also no T2 Capital Guns, Reppers, etc., I would hope they do not.

And if not, they should render T2 Large Rigs useless on all Capitals (strip and move to hangar) for consistancy. Everything else would be like cheating new players striving for their own supers ^.^

"Wenn die Gesellschaft in Frieden und Freiheit leben will, dann braucht sie den Beitrag der Nachrichtendienste" W.S. "[...], dass die Deutschen Privatsphäre etwa so betrachten wie wir Amerikaner vielleicht Meinungs- oder Religionsfreiheit." M.H.

vextorious
Doomheim
#248 - 2013-04-24 19:31:34 UTC
DRACOincarnation wrote:
I would be rather interested to see whether they are actually going to introduce Capital T2 rigs... Given that there are also no T2 Capital Guns, Reppers, etc., I would hope they do not.

And if not, they should render T2 Large Rigs useless on all Capitals (strip and move to hangar) for consistancy. Everything else would be like cheating new players striving for their own supers ^.^

This is the answer we all need!!!! Leaving T2 rigged supers in the game when its no longer possible to fit a ship with the same capabilities would be a deal breaker for many players.
Ereilian
Doomheim
#249 - 2013-04-24 19:31:42 UTC
Dirk Action wrote:
Ereilian wrote:

Oh dear God get some bloody PR training !!!

Second to that, awesome to finally see capital rigs, as this is still FID I would assume you will be demounting all inappropriately sized rigs as part of the transfer process? Or as it seems from the comments, not.

This change without a strip of current super/caps will just hand the advantage to established caps. Its not that hard a script to implement, no reason to allow pre Od caps to keep their large rigs.

Do you plan on also forcing CCP to go and remove every Zealot that happens to have a Large trimark fit to it in order to make them not have an "advantage" over new players? No, because they give the same bonus as every other sized trimark. The only thing you people are complaining about is market speculation, and CCP rightly doesn't care about that because they have no hand in the market.

Ereilian wrote:
EDIt - also CCP security should be looking into the market shenanigans

hahahaha holy god are you serious

are you this stupid that you want to hit people with bans for making money (or losing money in the end) on the market based on retards wringing their hands? get out

No but when the market spikes 48 hours prior to the official information release there are questions to be asked. Also being told to get out by someone in an alliance masquerading as PL is laughable.
Danny Centauri
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#250 - 2013-04-24 19:56:31 UTC
CCP Tallest wrote:
ariana ailith wrote:
How will this affect rigs for Orca's? They're in the market as capital ships but at the same time are not really...
Will they stick with large rigs?

The Orca will still use large rigs.

Should that be the case, it is under capitals on the market afterall.

... I am in no way biased by having a lot of materials for capital core defense field extenders and cargohold optimisations. Honest Bear

EVE Manufacturing Guide - Simple guides to manufacturing in EVE for both beginners and more experienced players.

Liltha
Lost My Way Enterprises
#251 - 2013-04-24 21:14:08 UTC
Meduza13 wrote:
Sodohm wrote:
Meduza13 wrote:
gascanu wrote:
i don't really understand why are ppl complaining: it's a logic move, and it was a long time coming one.
t1 trimarks where @15milion/u for a long time, now they are like what 7 mil;

regarding t2 ones, if the t2 capital ones are too expensive then you maibe should not be in one...or you can fit t1 Oops

Agreed, no problem , but if set of t2 rigs is more expensive than a ship they are fitted on, (like carrier) makes very little sence, and price/gain ratio is just crazy low.

T2 rig any t1nonfaction subcap ship and rig price will be higher than ship price, I cant see any problem with this applying to caps as well ...

sure so lets make mothership price 20 bil and 3 rigs for it 30 bil, so its consistent (yes, sarcasm)

if cruiser price is exapmle 10 mil, and t2 rigs for it 20 mil , its 10 mil difference, not damn 1 bil

Hmm got curious about this point in the thread about the numbers being thrown around.

Right now if I look in Amarr -
Maller - 12mil and Medium Trimark 2 Rigs 60mil each, if I rigged it that way the rigs would cost me 180mil or 15 times hull cost around 46mil each for CCC 2 mediums or 11.5 times hull cost

Now for a battleship example
Abaddon - 242mil, large trimark 2 425mil each for 5.25times hull, large CCC 2 290mil each for 3.6times hull (not chose most expensive of the normal Amarr battleships)

Archon 1.5bil, so at the current prices I could rig one for 0.85 times or 0.6 times the hull cost with T2 rigs currently

Obviously there is a large discrepency here so they are adding capital rigs to balance things out

if we take new prices as being 5 times current, that puts us at 4.25 times hull or 3 times for the respective rigs, which makes them still more effecient for rigging a Carrier than a Tech 1 Battleship but more in line with it.

The cruiser numbers in the post I quoted are way below the actual it would seem and so it makes a bad example, while also highlighting exactly why people don't normally Tech2 rig cruisers. Though on a humorous note putting T2 armor rigs on a BS will cost you over a Bil at the moment.

I understand it feels unfair to have to pay 5 times what you currently do to accomplish the same goal, but it seems more balanced that way versus other ship types.

Shade Millith
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#252 - 2013-04-25 03:47:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Shade Millith
Soooo...

Armor caps get something to increase their active tank and a price increase.
Shield caps just get the price increase.

Whelp, another nail in the face for shield caps.

Thanks CCP.
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#253 - 2013-04-25 06:11:40 UTC
Dirk Action wrote:
Do you plan on also forcing CCP to go and remove every Zealot that happens to have a Large trimark fit to it in order to make them not have an "advantage" over new players? No, because they give the same bonus as every other sized trimark.

When rigs sizes were introduced, it gave an unfair advantage to newer players - they could fit chiper rigs on frigates etc.
Now, they are giving unfair advantage to older players, you see the difference?
I didnt think PL are that weak they cannot afford new rigs, but if you claim so - mkay.
Darth Skorpius
352 Industries
#254 - 2013-04-25 06:18:07 UTC
I love all the "buff salvage" posts in this thread. Wait a couple of days to see what is revealed at Fanfest for Odyssey. Then if there are no changes to salvaging you can ***** about it.
Beckett Firesnake
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#255 - 2013-04-25 06:45:59 UTC
Some of the T2 Battleships Rigs are already too expensive. I do not want to think about the price of their Capital version.
Perharps it would be interestening to modify the salvage needed of some T2 rigs .

Smoking Blunts
ZC Omega
#256 - 2013-04-25 07:22:22 UTC
are manufacturing, copy, me and pe times of these new capital rigs going to be the same as large rigs(which is already too long really) or are all of them going to brought into line with other mod's?

if there not is going to be a long time before the market gets a decent amount of capital sized stock landing on it(T2 rigs), just due to the copy times involved in the invention process

OMG when can i get a pic here

Zakarumit CZ
Zakarum Industries
Forgers United
#257 - 2013-04-25 07:40:13 UTC
I tink it would be nice if CCP would confirm if they plan to make T1 cap rigs inventable into T2 counterparts.
I also think we would like to hear more about rig rebalancing, as most of them ar useless and we all know that.
I personally would also like to know when will be introduced T2 Ice harvester accelerator rig and T2 Mercoxit mining crystal optimization rig - I dont really see any reason why shouldnt those rigs have a T2 version.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#258 - 2013-04-25 07:54:09 UTC
Still waiting for Mynas to come back and tell me how i can get that money.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

atomtoaster
Ministry of Furious Retribution
Fraternity.
#259 - 2013-04-25 14:14:05 UTC
Unforgiven Storm wrote:
I just hope you grab this opportunity to fix T2 rigs and bring their price range down to acceptable levels!

3 capital t2 trimarks will cost roughly 7.5 bil

cute :)

do you know that it its takes a while to get T2 salvage? I think more a question of supply and demand!

AOC. is recruiting! Visit our recruitment thread or join 'aoc public'  ingame and make the channel blink!

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=228341&find=unread

Draconus Lofwyr
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#260 - 2013-04-25 16:28:31 UTC
Thank you CCP, for another schlong in the face to small new alliances and new capital pilots, this is just one major stealth capital nerf and a gift to the old boy capital blob network.

let me break this down.

1. and primary CCP has some rigs that dont work on capitals, so instead of just fixing said rigs, they chose to introduce a massive isk sync (no make that a huge sucking vortex) in the form of 5X the materials for no real benefit as well as a whole new round of bpo's to be bought and researched.

2. this will increase the price of rigs across the board due to material scarcity. with absolutely no increase in return

3. The existing supers and capitals all have a lower cost to deploy, all future capital pilots will have a massive bump in cost to deploy, so existing major alliances that have a surplus in corp/alliance capitals will have an unfair advantage for a significant time frame.

4. super prices are about to take a massive bump in price AGAIN. when the mineral and drone region revamp hit, all ships took a massive bump of about a 50% increase in price, now the rigs will be about the same bump, so overall, say hello to a doubling in price since CCP figured they could "fix things"

over all, this is bound to mean that the nullsec status quo will be even more entrenched and remove the risk of loss for "new upstarts"

If CCP insists on this route of change for no return, and considering the proliferation of supers at this point, they may as well allow supers to dock at all low and null sec stations finally, after all, the main complaints everyone had about them at the outset have all been either fixed, nullified or made pointless.