These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Capital Rigs

First post First post
Author
Vibramycin
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2013-04-24 14:34:50 UTC
Max Teranous wrote:
Spc One wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
No one will stop using capitals because of rigs, and CCP should add super capital rigs.

Maybe not super capitals, but for carriers to spend extra 5b for rigs is just insane.

You do realise that T1 capital rigs will only cost 100 to 150 mil isk per ship right, not 5 bil?

And all the old players with t2 large rigs on their caps get t2 rigs...and paid 100 to 150 mil isk per ship.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#222 - 2013-04-24 14:37:30 UTC
YAY HAPPY GOOD FUN TIMES!!

What else can really be said about this?
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#223 - 2013-04-24 14:43:35 UTC
A good and long overdue change, but I don't see any particular reason for existing caps to retain their large rig bonuses rather than having them stripped and moved to cargo/hangar.

Also, supercaps should use XXL rigs, or just have their rig slots outright removed.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

The Sinister
Interbellum
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#224 - 2013-04-24 14:57:32 UTC
Everyone QUIK! go fit T2 Rigs on your caps before they implement this????
Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#225 - 2013-04-24 15:13:50 UTC
The Sinister wrote:
Everyone QUIK! go fit T2 Rigs on your caps before they implement this????

Too late. Jita got cleared out already.

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

Fel Wrath
Crossfire Incorporated
#226 - 2013-04-24 15:21:41 UTC
Prices of T2 large CCC's went from 180mil yesterday to 325mil today.
Ereilian
Doomheim
#227 - 2013-04-24 16:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ereilian
CCP Tallest wrote:
Hey

We're putting capital rigs into EVE. Not much else to say, really. They will work pretty much as you would expect them to.

Some things to note:
* Rigs that previously did not affect capital modules will affect capital modules
** (Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard, Auxiliary Nano Pump and Nanobot Accelerator rigs)
* Tech I BPOs will cost 50 Million ISK
* Manufacturing Capital rigs will use 5 times the materials of Large rigs

Questions? Comments?

Oh dear God get some bloody PR training !!!

Second to that, awesome to finally see capital rigs, as this is still FID I would assume you will be demounting all inappropriately sized rigs as part of the transfer process? Or as it seems from the comments, not.

This change without a strip of current super/caps will just hand the advantage to established caps. Its not that hard a script to implement, no reason to allow pre Od caps to keep their large rigs.

EDIt - also CCP security should be looking into the market shenanigans
Dirk Action
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#228 - 2013-04-24 16:31:24 UTC
Ereilian wrote:

Oh dear God get some bloody PR training !!!

Second to that, awesome to finally see capital rigs, as this is still FID I would assume you will be demounting all inappropriately sized rigs as part of the transfer process? Or as it seems from the comments, not.

This change without a strip of current super/caps will just hand the advantage to established caps. Its not that hard a script to implement, no reason to allow pre Od caps to keep their large rigs.

Do you plan on also forcing CCP to go and remove every Zealot that happens to have a Large trimark fit to it in order to make them not have an "advantage" over new players? No, because they give the same bonus as every other sized trimark. The only thing you people are complaining about is market speculation, and CCP rightly doesn't care about that because they have no hand in the market.

Ereilian wrote:
EDIt - also CCP security should be looking into the market shenanigans

hahahaha holy god are you serious

are you this stupid that you want to hit people with bans for making money (or losing money in the end) on the market based on retards wringing their hands? get out
Dirk Action
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#229 - 2013-04-24 16:33:23 UTC
seriously get out
Mistress Rose
Defensores Fidei
#230 - 2013-04-24 16:59:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Mistress Rose
Naomi Knight wrote:
Mistress Rose wrote:

P.S. If you guys want a nice supply of intact armor plates, load up an Orca with Amarr assault
ships, insure, eject, blow up with drones, salvage, rinse, repeat.

hehe I've tested this on test server ^^ found out it is too much work for little or no profit ,but maybe you are right and it will be a good thing to do if salvage materials will be more expensive

Further expanding on this....I used to do this back in the day. It was extremely profitable when Retribs and
Vengeance were 8-12 million each. I would insure 10 or so at a time, put them in an Orca, fly to a safe,
jet them out.....then blow them apart with drones and salvage. I actually made a billion ISK in a single day
doing this (AFTER player wreck buff BEFORE T2 ship material nerf).

The key here.....is not to actually sell all the salvage to buy orders. My strategy was to sell just enough to
break even after insurance, keeping cap consoles, intact plates, and power circuits. Then I would cook
them into rigs and sell the finished product.

Again, its totally legal to assemble a ship, insure it, then blow it with drones. The insurance is collected,
and you get some nice wrecks to salvage. I'm guessing if IAPs and CCs roll waaay up, it'll be
economical once again.

I also used to blow up Eagles, Skiffs, Zealots, and intys (remember when a Crow was 5m?). THOSE
were the days! The days before CCP once again threw their favored sons (the null alliances) another
huge bone by massively increasing ship materials. Alas, I digress.

How do you like your economy now ****tards?
fukier
Gallente Federation
#231 - 2013-04-24 17:08:50 UTC
Vibramycin wrote:
Max Teranous wrote:
Spc One wrote:
Anthar Thebess wrote:
No one will stop using capitals because of rigs, and CCP should add super capital rigs.

Maybe not super capitals, but for carriers to spend extra 5b for rigs is just insane.

You do realise that T1 capital rigs will only cost 100 to 150 mil isk per ship right, not 5 bil?

And all the old players with t2 large rigs on their caps get t2 rigs...and paid 100 to 150 mil isk per ship.

why not offset the cost of buying capital rigs by investing in actually production of rigs...
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
fukier
Gallente Federation
#232 - 2013-04-24 17:10:28 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:

Also, supercaps should use XXL rigs, or just have their rig slots outright removed.

i support the removal of rigs from all supercaps

but if you do this to SC then please allow them to dock...
At the end of the game both the pawn and the Queen go in the same box.
Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#233 - 2013-04-24 17:11:35 UTC
Dirk Action wrote:
seriously get out

pl is realy full of pathetic people :P
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#234 - 2013-04-24 17:13:49 UTC
Unfortunately all rigs need looking at and rebalancing, many are useless and dont scale at all either in bonuses or drawbacks.

I would have thought you'd perhaps have done that first, rather than just lazily introduce new capital rigs using 5x the materials.

Can I spend 50m to buy the cargo scanner speed bonus capital rig too?

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Mistress Rose
Defensores Fidei
#235 - 2013-04-24 17:44:46 UTC
Vyktor Abyss wrote:
Unfortunately all rigs need looking at and rebalancing, many are useless and dont scale at all either in bonuses or drawbacks.

I would have thought you'd perhaps have done that first, rather than just lazily introduce new capital rigs using 5x the materials.

Can I spend 50m to buy the cargo scanner speed bonus capital rig too?

THIS. Perfectly stated.

All the rigs need a good hard look. Some are totally useless on some sizes of vessels. They really
must scale on size, and calibration needs a HARD look. I offered a solution a while back whereby
the jury rigging skill drops the calibration of each rig based on skill level....maybe this needs a
new look? Or maybe jury rigging ADDS calibration to your vessel based on skill.

AND FFS why can't we invent mercoxit and ice rigs to T2? Really? Cap rigs had better be
inventable as well. Anything less is laziness and oversight on your part, CCP. Don't let
Odyssey be half-baked....you won't get many more chances.

Bo Armer
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#236 - 2013-04-24 17:45:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Bo Armer
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Skia Aumer wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Yes, you are, in terms of fitting your ship! You have equal access to modules, equal access to fitting options, and equal access to rigs.
Now, do you have equal access to the ship hulls themselves? Maybe, maybe not... but this change doesn't alter that in the slightest!

The change assures existing monopoly on supercaps even futher. And this is bad. Rich becomes richer, poor becomes poorer.

I believe this is an exaggeration. Moreless, a supercap oligarchy currently exists. These changes won't change the supercap distribution. It will change the cost effectiveness on rigging Carriers and Dreads, but those are already ubiquitous enough, and die regularly enough, that the change doesn't give any significant advantages to anyone.

It also doesn't change the distribution of wealth in the game. Large rigs remain large rigs. Rigs attached can't be unattached and sold, and few will be. Sure, their ships might become worth a little more, but not enough to matter in the grand scheme of things!

That's some spin.

All older players buy supers/caps (with same capability) for "x" and then smirk while saying it's not going to make any difference for newer players to pay x+50% for same capabilities (since we already got ours *wink*)

What a crock.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#237 - 2013-04-24 17:47:24 UTC
The Rorqual is probably the only capital that will suffer from this change.
Sharon Tate
Cutting Edge Incorporated
#238 - 2013-04-24 17:49:00 UTC
CCP Tallest wrote:
Hey

We're putting capital rigs into EVE. Not much else to say, really. They will work pretty much as you would expect them to.

Some things to note:
* Rigs that previously did not affect capital modules will affect capital modules
** (Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard, Auxiliary Nano Pump and Nanobot Accelerator rigs)
* Tech I BPOs will cost 50 Million ISK
* Manufacturing Capital rigs will use 5 times the materials of Large rigs

Questions? Comments?

Can you comment on the previously asked questions about T2 XL rigs, e.g. will there be any?

- If there's T2 XL rigs, at the stated material costs, the only ships worth (e.g. cost effective) putting T2 XL rigs on will be supers without some change to either the material cost or salvage drops
- If no T2 rigs, then at the current bonus rates this is actually a nerf to NEWLY FITTED capitals, leaving those legacy fitted caps with T2 large rigs at an advantage (remember, T1 rigs all have the same bonus regardless of size).

There's a lot unsaid in the post. It's hard to comment on a proposed feature without knowing a LOT more than you're saying.
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#239 - 2013-04-24 17:53:44 UTC
Bo Armer wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Skia Aumer wrote:
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:
Yes, you are, in terms of fitting your ship! You have equal access to modules, equal access to fitting options, and equal access to rigs.
Now, do you have equal access to the ship hulls themselves? Maybe, maybe not... but this change doesn't alter that in the slightest!

The change assures existing monopoly on supercaps even futher. And this is bad. Rich becomes richer, poor becomes poorer.

I believe this is an exaggeration. Moreless, a supercap oligarchy currently exists. These changes won't change the supercap distribution. It will change the cost effectiveness on rigging Carriers and Dreads, but those are already ubiquitous enough, and die regularly enough, that the change doesn't give any significant advantages to anyone.

It also doesn't change the distribution of wealth in the game. Large rigs remain large rigs. Rigs attached can't be unattached and sold, and few will be. Sure, their ships might become worth a little more, but not enough to matter in the grand scheme of things!

That's some spin.

All older players buy supers/caps (with same capability) for "x" and then smirk while saying it's not going to make any difference for newer players to pay x+50% for same capabilities (since we already got ours *wink*)

What a crock.

Well, I guess people should be mad at me. I bought my Aeon after CCP took regular drones away from supercarriers & the prices on them dropped way down. I bought a T2 travel fitted with T2 trijmarks for 13.7 bil. Now I could sell the ship for double. Is that a crock too? It is just the way the game plays, learn to make isk off the changes.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Celeste Benal
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#240 - 2013-04-24 17:54:08 UTC
As a T2 rig inventor/producer, I can say, enjoy your 1.5B isk prices on Capital Trimark Armor Pump IIs. If you can even find enough intact armor plates to make them.