These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Capital Rigs

First post First post
Author
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#181 - 2013-04-24 06:00:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexa Coates
IrJosy wrote:
1.5b isk t2 rigs seem a bit much

oh are you sad that you have to stop throwing away your capital ships in every fight?

baww, cry more babies. maybe i can actually ******* afford some rigs for my battleships now.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Naomi Knight
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#182 - 2013-04-24 06:00:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Naomi Knight
Torshawna wrote:
How will this affect ships with large rigs already in place?

they should, drop out the current rigs into cargo or whereever
as it would give so huge advantage for the current super/titan owners already having t2 rigs installed, over the newer ones

this is just another goonswarm boost :I
Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#183 - 2013-04-24 06:00:35 UTC
dp~

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Dirk Action
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#184 - 2013-04-24 06:48:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirk Action
this thread owns

all the poors complaining makes my night more enjoyable
Luscius Uta
#185 - 2013-04-24 06:58:36 UTC
Vibramycin wrote:

wth? you realize t2 guns and reps already exist, and fighters/fighter bombers are already for carriers only...

I'm just gonna go ahead and assumed I have fallen victim to a troll?

You have fallen victim to your own silliness, he was talking about T2 CAPITAL guns and reps, and T2 fighters

Btw, what size (in m^3 I mean) will be capital rigs? And do we yet have confirmation that Orca won't need capital rigs?

Workarounds are not bugfixes.

Luke Hammarskjold
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#186 - 2013-04-24 07:02:33 UTC
This is f*** unfair. Im a fairly new player and slowly progressing to a dread and now you tell me all the older players had to pay 1 bill for 3 rigs and ill have to pay 4,5 bil if I will want to have the same thing??? Seriously, you are really trying to get rid of new players... And its not like older players have the same financial difficulties than new players. You should seriously get more "new player" friendly and I don't mean that in the way of reducing training time or nerfing capitals, but more from the financial aspect. And guess who will have no problems affording the capital rigs. Older players and their big alliances, specially those with nice moons... Yeah, I should probably go and do some super fun mining, cause I should fly only stuff that I can afford...

I know you cant repay for the rigs, cause it would mean that you would need "print" and pump a lot of isk into eve and that isn't your policy, but maybe you could give these players bpc's and the salvage for the large t2 rigs they have fitted? Instead of giving them a 4,5 bil advantage per capital ship in front of new players... And now every one who has the skill and money is rigging their capital...
MisterAl tt1
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#187 - 2013-04-24 07:03:26 UTC
woot?
T2 rigs required for capitals (not supers), such as CCC T2 for carriers are already comparable to the price of the hull itself! You want rigs for PVP-used ships to become 2.5 times the price of the capital ship? Those carriers NEED T2 rigs.

Maybe carriers and dreads should remain on large rigs, while supers use their own class of rigs?
Anthar Thebess
#188 - 2013-04-24 07:11:30 UTC
CCP Please also implement :
Super Capital Rigs.
Instead of seeding BPO - let the BPC be sold on the LP Store.
Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#189 - 2013-04-24 08:23:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Reaver Glitterstim
IrJosy wrote:
1.5b isk t2 rigs seem a bit much
I am crestfallen that capital pilots will have to pay more than hull cost to T2 rig their stuff, just like everyone else in a T1 ship!

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Buhhdust Princess
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#190 - 2013-04-24 08:41:43 UTC
Ok so this seems like a good idea to me, I guess it's been a long time coming.

Although, if it's going to take 5x more to create the rig, that means it's going to be 5x more difficult to acquire the minerals to build. Now, as previously mentioned before, that is going to really limit what people are doing with their Carriers/Dreads, and also it's going to affect the market massively.

I imagine, we'll probably see a price drop in large t2 rigs, so much so that it makes them very, very cheap. Either that, or people will stop making large t2 rigs and focus on capital t2 rigs, so the large t2 rigs will be majorly expensive. Surely there has to be some incoming balancing on T2 rig production mineral drop-rates?
Veshta Yoshida
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#191 - 2013-04-24 08:46:01 UTC
MisterAl tt1 wrote:
woot?
T2 rigs required for capitals (not supers), such as CCC T2 for carriers are already comparable to the price of the hull itself! You want rigs for PVP-used ships to become 2.5 times the price of the capital ship? Those carriers NEED T2 rigs.

Maybe carriers and dreads should remain on large rigs, while supers use their own class of rigs?

Or you could accept that min/maxing costs money, be content with the -5% on T1 rigs and adjust fits accordingly .. like everyone else?

At any rate, capitals and the inevitable (has been for 5-6 years, go figure) changes they will be subjected to has not been mentioned in the tiericide discussions so who knows how those cookies will crumble ... and they will have to change if Sov game is shaken up.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#192 - 2013-04-24 08:58:56 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
fukier wrote:
CCP Tallest wrote:
mynnna wrote:
What are the skill requirements for these rigs?

Same skill requirements for fitting these as other rigs.

What if I install large rigs that dont currently work on capitals... Will they work after the patch?

Why would you do that?

to save money

some rigs curently don't work

all rigs give the sme bonus whatever their sze is (a med CCC give the same bonus a large CCC etc...)

said rigs wich currently don't work will work after patch, so he is hopping that a currently not working one, wich can still be fitted (to no effect) would start working after patch, but this require rigging it before patch.

i see what he did there, so i ask for an answer to the very same question : )
Sushi Nardieu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#193 - 2013-04-24 09:03:38 UTC
What if, as suggested before by other players.

Supers use capital sized rigs.
Capitals continue using large rigs.

It would make sense and not completely alter the balance of the rig/salvage market.

The Guns of Knowledge 

Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#194 - 2013-04-24 09:05:37 UTC
Trigalisk wrote:
I'd love to see T1->T2 salvage alchemy (like with moon goo) rolled out in parallel to the introduction of capital rigs (or soon after).

I think it would decrease the cost of T2-rigging big ships from insane to only very expensive.

Salvage alchemy was actually proposed by players in the forum several years ago, when CCP "fixed" T2 salvage to make T2 rigs cheaper and available to more players. The devs didn't even want to discuss alchemy and came up with a "better" solution, involving increasing T2 salvage drop rates in exploration sites.

What? You mean the "better" solution didn't actually work? I thought everyone was fitting T2 rigs to their frigs these days.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#195 - 2013-04-24 09:05:50 UTC
Luke Hammarskjold wrote:
This is f*** unfair. Im a fairly new player and slowly progressing to a dread and now you tell me all the older players had to pay 1 bill for 3 rigs and ill have to pay 4,5 bil if I will want to have the same thing??? Seriously, you are really trying to get rid of new players... And its not like older players have the same financial difficulties than new players. You should seriously get more "new player" friendly and I don't mean that in the way of reducing training time or nerfing capitals, but more from the financial aspect. And guess who will have no problems affording the capital rigs. Older players and their big alliances, specially those with nice moons... Yeah, I should probably go and do some super fun mining, cause I should fly only stuff that I can afford...

I know you cant repay for the rigs, cause it would mean that you would need "print" and pump a lot of isk into eve and that isn't your policy, but maybe you could give these players bpc's and the salvage for the large t2 rigs they have fitted? Instead of giving them a 4,5 bil advantage per capital ship in front of new players... And now every one who has the skill and money is rigging their capital...

tears, more tears.

you know you could be clever and like buy the cap you want ahead of time, before the change, and bazinga, you have a cap ready for later, at today's price.

just ask a trusted friend to rig it for you, or buy it rigged.

i did this a year ago, i noticed prices were raising, so i bought my caps (dread and carrier 2 and 3 month before i could even jump in them, saved me lotta money).

CCP cannot do much about eve economy, since it is player driven, so deal with it.

increased prices mean that you can ALSO make better profits, provided you are smart enought ...

seth Hendar
I love you miners
#196 - 2013-04-24 09:09:00 UTC
Moondog Hansen wrote:
Most people are ignoring the good bit of news that CCP Tallest cleverly hid in this announcement:

With this change CCP is finally introducing T2 capital sized mods, in this particular scenario rigs. Now that they opened that door, it's reasonable to expect t2 capital guns, which are long overdue (as well as reps, fighters, cap boosters, etc).

hell yeah, was about time cap mods go T2
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#197 - 2013-04-24 09:11:30 UTC
Vibramycin wrote:
Moondog Hansen wrote:
Most people are ignoring the good bit of news that CCP Tallest cleverly hid in this announcement:

With this change CCP is finally introducing T2 capital sized mods, in this particular scenario rigs. Now that they opened that door, it's reasonable to expect t2 capital guns, which are long overdue (as well as reps, fighters, cap boosters, etc).

wth? you realize t2 guns and reps already exist, and fighters/fighter bombers are already for carriers only...

I'm just gonna go ahead and assumed I have fallen victim to a troll?

show me the T2 capital guns / rep / remote armor/ remote shield / remote energy... oh wait...
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#198 - 2013-04-24 09:23:52 UTC
Amantus wrote:
Will you be addressing the supply of T2 salvage?

If the prices on T2 salvage go up high enough, you can just self-destruct your T2 ships and salvage them for profit. Build more ships and repeat - yet another variation of the old insurance exploit.
seth Hendar
I love you miners
#199 - 2013-04-24 09:27:29 UTC
CorryBasler wrote:
Moondog Hansen wrote:
My supercap is now worth an extra 4-5bil! :D

not sure on your logic, If what im understanding is true, your super will still have large trimark II's after patch. It will be like when they added small medium and large in and people have large rigged frigates.

Also, i just bought 250 intact armor plates, This patch better make me billions rather then lose billions :P

simple:

today
supercarrier : 20B
2 large CCC t2 + 1 large CCC t1: 2*190M+12M= 392M

total: 20.3B

after update

supercarrier : 20B
2 cap CCC t2 + 1 cap CCC t1: 2*1.5B+200M= 3.2B

total: 23.2B

here his the trick, and old nyx with 3 large rigs fitted before the expansion, and a "new" rigged with cap rig after the expansion will behave exactly the same, so selling an old one at the price of a new will be legitimate(because you have the same "perfs" from it)

hence a 3B boost in the current super value (i took CCC cause i had their price in front of me, but this transpose to any rig indeed)

this is according to the fact that old rigs will still work (and they will according to CCP), and that, like all the rigs, the give the same bonus.
Galmas
United System's Commonwealth
#200 - 2013-04-24 09:33:09 UTC
"* Rigs that previously did not affect capital modules will affect capital modules"

Will this be true for large rigs that are fitted already but do not affect the capital mods atm?

e.g. large nanobot accellerator or large auxilliary nano pump