These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A letter to CCP - Please proof read and make any suggestions

First post
Author
dark heartt
#61 - 2013-04-20 10:28:27 UTC
Asith wrote:
Dear CCP,

I am writing to you regarding your large scale massively multiplayer online game called EVE Online, which I have been playing since 18th June 2006 on my main and since 14th June 2007 on my trading character. Recently, I haven’t been enjoying the game as I once did, this has been going on a while but then you introduced varies new features which kept me saying to myself perhaps this will turn it around. So I kept on renewing and trying new things out, including null sec, wormholes, exploration, mission running (boring by the way), mining (even worse) and recently factional warfare (well done on making a broken system even worse there with your recent patch). I was going to keep playing until I got a new computer in June and hope the improvement of graphic settings would keep me interested, but unfortunately the final nail was driven into my EVE coffin on the 19th April 2013.
What happen that day should of just been my usual end of week trading, where I go and collect various bits that have been made during the week (as I work full time) and return to Jita to sell them. On the return journey I decided to leave autopilot on to get me the last couple of jumps to Jita while I went to go make myself some dinner. When I came back I found myself docked, but then I noticed it wasn’t Jita and not in my ship. I had been in fact killed and podded in Ikuchi at 1.0 system one jump away from Jita. Then reason I am upset about this event is that it was my Rhea containing over a billion isks worth of items, a total loss in the region of 8 billion isk.
After I talked to one of the people that killed me I discovered that my ship had been stuck on the gate because Jita has reached it population cap (implemented by you because your server lacks the capacity to deal with the demand) and that Goonies, TEST and the rest had taken advantage of the situation to start popping stuck ships. This in my view make the responsibility lie in CCP for the various reasons:
1. Lack of capacity in Jita causing a large amount of ships (likely on autopilot) containing vast wealth to be stuck on the gates around the system.
2. The lack of effect of CONCORD in destroying large criminal fleets in a 1.0 system – which in make no sense when taking into account the supposed size and reasons for CONCORD in the story line and the fact it is in the Caldari states back yard.
As a result I raised a petition for reimbursement of my loss, which I was the sequentially told, was effectively “tough luck – games working fine”. As a result I have effectively lost hundreds of pounds in wasted subscription fees and thousands of hours of my life over 6 years. As I mentioned earlier this had driven the final nail in the coffin of my EVE life, which is a shame as when I started out in the game although it was far from perfect I had high hopes for the game.

Yours faithfully,

Matthew Lusted (aka Asith / k*********2)


Any grammar, spelling mistakes and suggestion appreciated. I will be sending it once I think its ready



You are going to get trolled for posting this up. Shame...

In any case allow me to politely teach you something about this game despite that fact that both your characters are older than any of mine (not by much, but a little older):

1: The ship that you lost was lost because you were both uninformed and lazy. Uninformed because you didn't know that the Burn Jita event was happening (despite it being all over the forums and Eve news sites). Lazy because you left a ship full of gear on autopilot. There is a general rule of thumb with Eve and that's don't fly on autopilot unless you are prepared to lose the ship and don't fly anything you can't afford to lose.

2: You say you tried nullsec. I doubt it, as any even half bad null corp would have tried to teach you the aforementioned lesson.

3: Jita has the highest population cap of any system in Eve. This is unavoidable due to the current server setup. However had you been informed enough with this game that you supposedly love, you would have known that Jita was going to be hard to get into because of the event I mentioned earlier.

4: Concord do not PREVENT. The are judge, jury and executioner of any criminals. They do not stop aggression. The fact that a group was organised enough to destroy a jump freighter in highsec doesn't mean the game is flawed. It in fact shows that CCP still have their heads screwed on straight with regards to risk in Eve.

You also come across as very entitled in your post, as though you think that CCP are going to make highsec safer over one letter. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. The content creators of the game are the people who create conflict. Eve is not a theme park, it is a sandbox. People like you and me build sandcastles. Others like to kick them over. Still others whisper in the ears of the ones doing the kicking and encourage them to do it.

You may paint me with the same brush as the rest of the posters telling you where to go, but I am like you a trader and industrialist. I just realise that loss happens in a game like Eve and acting the way you do is not good for the game at all.

In any case you seem to have made up your mind, but I hope I can at least challenge your preconceived ideas of what you think Eve should be as it is a little flawed.
Anthrax Fozz
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2013-04-20 10:29:24 UTC
Darkblad
Doomheim
#63 - 2013-04-20 10:29:33 UTC
Asith wrote:
Dear CCP,
[... tears ...]
As a result I have effectively lost hundreds of pounds in wasted subscription fees and thousands of hours of my life over 6 years.

You feel like this loss wasted all you did in EvE, you really do? Would've been less of a waste if you'd consider that EvE is an MMO (rumors say so), where people do things - to others. it's not like the events of the day you refer to didn't cause some noise in the channels.
Ever considered traveling AFK to Jita is a bad idea anyway, any day?

NPEISDRIP

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#64 - 2013-04-20 10:30:00 UTC
Autopilot a juicy target. With cargo. To Jita.

OP should feel ashamed to even post about it and take it as a valuable lesson of life.
Disco Jones
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-04-20 10:30:34 UTC
Asith wrote:
Dear CCP,
Matthew Lusted (aka Asith / k*********2)


Any grammar, spelling mistakes and suggestion appreciated. I will be sending it once I think its ready


Dear Asith,

I regret to inform you that up until this day you've been playing some weird Farmville-style game where you log in every day and spend a frankly embarrassing amount of time amassing an equally embarrassingly small amount of wealth. I'm happy to inform you that today you finally were able to play EVE Online. It's just a shame that when it comes down to it you still have no idea how to play!
Khemax
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#66 - 2013-04-20 10:31:38 UTC
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really
RangerAgrius
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2013-04-20 10:33:16 UTC
Now pay attention closely children, This is why you never carry all your tears in one ship!
geter
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#68 - 2013-04-20 10:34:06 UTC
Good sir you have just won eve !
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#69 - 2013-04-20 10:35:03 UTC
Khemax wrote:
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really


do you have evidence

because this guy actually lost a rhea and spent 12 hours drafting his Angry Complaint Letter

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

flakeys
Doomheim
#70 - 2013-04-20 10:35:52 UTC
Khemax wrote:
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really


I doubt so unless they felt the need to kill their rhea for it on an alt.They're eager for attention but not THAT eager.

The killmails in this thread.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Azami Nevinyrall
172.0.0.1
#71 - 2013-04-20 10:38:41 UTC
Asith wrote:
Dear CCP,

I am writing to you regarding your large scale massively multiplayer online game called EVE Online, which I have been playing since 18th June 2006 on my main and since 14th June 2007 on my trading character. Recently, I haven’t been enjoying the game as I once did, this has been going on a while but then you introduced varies new features which kept me saying to myself perhaps this will turn it around. So I kept on renewing and trying new things out, including null sec, wormholes, exploration, mission running (boring by the way), mining (even worse) and recently factional warfare (well done on making a broken system even worse there with your recent patch). I was going to keep playing until I got a new computer in June and hope the improvement of graphic settings would keep me interested, but unfortunately the final nail was driven into my EVE coffin on the 19th April 2013.
What happen that day should of just been my usual end of week trading, where I go and collect various bits that have been made during the week (as I work full time) and return to Jita to sell them. On the return journey I decided to leave autopilot on to get me the last couple of jumps to Jita while I went to go make myself some dinner. When I came back I found myself docked, but then I noticed it wasn’t Jita and not in my ship. I had been in fact killed and podded in Ikuchi at 1.0 system one jump away from Jita. Then reason I am upset about this event is that it was my Rhea containing over a billion isks worth of items, a total loss in the region of 8 billion isk.
After I talked to one of the people that killed me I discovered that my ship had been stuck on the gate because Jita has reached it population cap (implemented by you because your server lacks the capacity to deal with the demand) and that Goonies, TEST and the rest had taken advantage of the situation to start popping stuck ships. This in my view make the responsibility lie in CCP for the various reasons:
1. Lack of capacity in Jita causing a large amount of ships (likely on autopilot) containing vast wealth to be stuck on the gates around the system.
2. The lack of effect of CONCORD in destroying large criminal fleets in a 1.0 system – which in make no sense when taking into account the supposed size and reasons for CONCORD in the story line and the fact it is in the Caldari states back yard.
As a result I raised a petition for reimbursement of my loss, which I was the sequentially told, was effectively “tough luck – games working fine”. As a result I have effectively lost hundreds of pounds in wasted subscription fees and thousands of hours of my life over 6 years. As I mentioned earlier this had driven the final nail in the coffin of my EVE life, which is a shame as when I started out in the game although it was far from perfect I had high hopes for the game.

Yours faithfully,

Matthew Lusted (aka Asith / k*********2)


Any grammar, spelling mistakes and suggestion appreciated. I will be sending it once I think its ready


Welcome to EVE!

On a serious note though, EVE is a dark cesspool that CCP prides itself on. These mechanics are there for a reason, your loss is your own damn fault...Let me explain, auto piloting with 8 Billion ISKies in your cargohold is like walking through the worst part of town with your hand stuck out holding several hundred dollars. You're bound to get punched out and your cash stolen. Now, you're doing the equivalent in EVE, and you're expecting nothing to happen? How dense are you and other people who do the same? Like seriously....think about it? EVE isn't a themepark MMO, (some people *cough* Riverini *cough* think it should be, but they're ******* ********.) Whoever Autopilots anywhere with billions in their hold is more dense then George Bush.

Your ignorance is why they do this.
Your laziness is why they do this.
Your tears is why they do this.
You dense ************, you deserved it.

Obligatory: I can has stuffs.

...

Khemax
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#72 - 2013-04-20 10:42:47 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Khemax wrote:
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really


I doubt so unless they felt the need to kill their rhea for it on an alt.They're eager for attention but not THAT eager.

The killmails in this thread.



TBH I wouldn't put their desperate need for attention past that by a long way. And a link to a killmail for a character different to the one posting doesn't count for didly squat.
Boogie Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#73 - 2013-04-20 10:46:54 UTC
Wrik Hoover wrote:
nomad plz

CptBen: this was the rare nice CptBen, ill probably be back later and boogie will agravate me and ill call you all scrubs

Hombre Dread
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2013-04-20 10:47:29 UTC
cool story bro!
Never give up! you should get back what you lost!
write a new petition!! and start more topics!
do it untill they return you everything!!!!
Beaver Retriever
Reality Sequence
#75 - 2013-04-20 10:47:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Beaver Retriever
Jacque Custeau wrote:
The fact is the game has returned to what it was in 2003. Ineffective Concord, all the advantage goes to whoever attacks first...and so on. Whatever solution CCP created in that day did not scale up with the number of players coordinating these attacks. Furthermore, tier 3 battle cruisers brought us ships with 8 large turret slots (something that used to be exclusive to the Apocalypse and tier 3 Battleships) and the scanning resolution of a cruiser (lets not forget those damage bonuses too!). The result is that coordinated groups of players can inflict disproportionate damage to non-war targets at a fraction of the cost it used to be.

Even sec status is quickly recouped in the safety of null sec space. We're back to the days where concord meant nothing and players docked up when m0o was sighted in their region. People are not asking for a return of Concord Special Ops, but Concorde response should scale up with the problem that exists today. With the 'safety' feature preventing people from making stupid mistakes, anyone who gets a sec status below -5 and grind it up and drop it again and so on have clearly established how they want to play the game. Why wouldn't concord respond with a system that makes it harder for repeat offenders to gain sec status. Why not make sec status increase simply a function of time (e.g. statue of limitations) instead of being something that people grind up and rinse and repeat.

Hahahahaha hisec aggression has received nerf, after nerf, after nerf

and it's still not enough for you. It won't be enough until hisec is completely free of non-consensual pvp for you people. Which, of course, would literally break the game because with all assets being indestructible the market would cease to have a purpose, much like in WoW.

Of course, you don't understand that, like so many other things.

Khemax wrote:
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really

Goonies used their toonies for posties on forumsies, I like tinfoil, o7m8m8m8.

Hey, at least they're keeping you entertained with getting you to make up ridiculous conspiracy theories. Sure beats running another L4 or AFKing more ice, doesn't it?
Asith
LUST CORP
#76 - 2013-04-20 10:48:24 UTC
Azami Nevinyrall wrote:
Asith wrote:
Dear CCP,

I am writing to you regarding your large scale massively multiplayer online game called EVE Online, which I have been playing since 18th June 2006 on my main and since 14th June 2007 on my trading character. Recently, I haven’t been enjoying the game as I once did, this has been going on a while but then you introduced varies new features which kept me saying to myself perhaps this will turn it around. So I kept on renewing and trying new things out, including null sec, wormholes, exploration, mission running (boring by the way), mining (even worse) and recently factional warfare (well done on making a broken system even worse there with your recent patch). I was going to keep playing until I got a new computer in June and hope the improvement of graphic settings would keep me interested, but unfortunately the final nail was driven into my EVE coffin on the 19th April 2013.
What happen that day should of just been my usual end of week trading, where I go and collect various bits that have been made during the week (as I work full time) and return to Jita to sell them. On the return journey I decided to leave autopilot on to get me the last couple of jumps to Jita while I went to go make myself some dinner. When I came back I found myself docked, but then I noticed it wasn’t Jita and not in my ship. I had been in fact killed and podded in Ikuchi at 1.0 system one jump away from Jita. Then reason I am upset about this event is that it was my Rhea containing over a billion isks worth of items, a total loss in the region of 8 billion isk.
After I talked to one of the people that killed me I discovered that my ship had been stuck on the gate because Jita has reached it population cap (implemented by you because your server lacks the capacity to deal with the demand) and that Goonies, TEST and the rest had taken advantage of the situation to start popping stuck ships. This in my view make the responsibility lie in CCP for the various reasons:
1. Lack of capacity in Jita causing a large amount of ships (likely on autopilot) containing vast wealth to be stuck on the gates around the system.
2. The lack of effect of CONCORD in destroying large criminal fleets in a 1.0 system – which in make no sense when taking into account the supposed size and reasons for CONCORD in the story line and the fact it is in the Caldari states back yard.
As a result I raised a petition for reimbursement of my loss, which I was the sequentially told, was effectively “tough luck – games working fine”. As a result I have effectively lost hundreds of pounds in wasted subscription fees and thousands of hours of my life over 6 years. As I mentioned earlier this had driven the final nail in the coffin of my EVE life, which is a shame as when I started out in the game although it was far from perfect I had high hopes for the game.

Yours faithfully,

Matthew Lusted (aka Asith / k*********2)


Any grammar, spelling mistakes and suggestion appreciated. I will be sending it once I think its ready


Welcome to EVE!

On a serious note though, EVE is a dark cesspool that CCP prides itself on. These mechanics are there for a reason, your loss is your own damn fault...Let me explain, auto piloting with 8 Billion ISKies in your cargohold is like walking through the worst part of town with your hand stuck out holding several hundred dollars. You're bound to get punched out and your cash stolen. Now, you're doing the equivalent in EVE, and you're expecting nothing to happen? How dense are you and other people who do the same? Like seriously....think about it? EVE isn't a themepark MMO, (some people *cough* Riverini *cough* think it should be, but they're ******* ********.) Whoever Autopilots anywhere with billions in their hold is more dense then George Bush.

Your ignorance is why they do this.
Your laziness is why they do this.
Your tears is why they do this.
You dense ************, you deserved it.

Obligatory: I can has stuffs.


I see none of you have actually read the OP properly. The cargo hold had 1 billion isk, the ship was the most expensive item. They used 16 BCs and a huge number of dessies to pop me. IF CONCORD had killed every one, then fair enough, but it didn't it allowed them to pop other ships as well making it cost effective. Otherwise it would have cost more in ships to kill me than what was in the cargo hold, and they wouldn't have bothered.

I am not some idiot, the point I trying to make is CONCORD is not effective as a punishment, it make no sense in the story for a organisation such as CONCORD, not to be able to quickly kill the entire fleet after the first kill. In the end according to the story, CONCORD keeps the empires in check.

The reason I mention the player cap of Jita, it because it caused a larger number of valuable ships to build up at the gate making it a very big target.

And to every one who says should of been auto piloting, you try doing 30 jumps in a freighter and trying to have a life at the same time. It not like I was auto piloting through low sec.
wariora
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2013-04-20 10:49:09 UTC
Is it just me or is carebear tears better than anything else? :D Mwhahahahahahaha.

Autopilot is best :D
Sirane Elrek
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2013-04-20 10:49:24 UTC
Khemax wrote:

And a link to a killmail for a character different to the one posting doesn't count for didly squat.

you can look up the poster on edk and find his lossmail you ******
i'd link it myself but this isn't c&p so isd would be swarming all over my post like flies around ****
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#79 - 2013-04-20 10:50:58 UTC
Khemax wrote:
TBH I wouldn't put their desperate need for attention past that by a long way. And a link to a killmail for a character different to the one posting doesn't count for didly squat.


please drag your cursor over the name of the OP's character, head to one of the major killboards, use the "Search" function, make sure you have "Pilot" select and "paste" the name into the search field

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

flakeys
Doomheim
#80 - 2013-04-20 10:51:32 UTC
Khemax wrote:
flakeys wrote:
Khemax wrote:
Another Goonie troll post...


Goonie makes a post like this on an alt so the rest of them can post and enlarge their epeens.

Very sad really


I doubt so unless they felt the need to kill their rhea for it on an alt.They're eager for attention but not THAT eager.

The killmails in this thread.



TBH I wouldn't put their desperate need for attention past that by a long way. And a link to a killmail for a character different to the one posting doesn't count for didly squat.



And if you look beyond that and have a 'REALL' look you'd notice both where in the same corps at same dates.Last being both in the same FA corp .

No doubt those two chars are linked to each other.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.