These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Cruise Missiles

First post First post
Author
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#601 - 2013-05-04 11:41:03 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Just one thing to help missiles (and torps) one tiny little thing that will help them more than some strange stats manipulating...

Move Target Painters to High Slot ffsAttention

Are you serious? Moving the only long-range module which does have an impact on missile dmg application to a high-slot is bad..
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#602 - 2013-05-04 12:39:44 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Just one thing to help missiles (and torps) one tiny little thing that will help them more than some strange stats manipulating...

WAT

That's nuts. Make their DPS increase mods compete for slots with the launchers themselves, or at best with their utility highs? Yeah, that makes tons of sense. I suppose if you're a Minnie fans it works, seeing as it gives you something to do with those highs on the Typhoon, but for the rest, it's daft.

Gypsio III
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#603 - 2013-05-04 13:01:02 UTC
Quote:
Itis Zhellin wrote:
If you're referring to the CNR or Fleetphoon, then it's a fairer comment, because they haven't been rebalanced yet, although it seems to be really quite difficult to use all the PG on a PVE cruise CNR. Even with 7x CML, MJD, MWD, HCB and XLSB you only need a single PG mod.

That and also Rattlesnake and more than anything.. Nemesis. Nemesis which is a damn tight fit ship.

Oh absolutely, trying to fit cruise on a Nemesis is just crazy difficult. But, be fair, it's the same for all bombers. Personally, I just stick with torps...Big smile
marVLs
#604 - 2013-05-04 13:26:33 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
marVLs wrote:

Are you serious? Moving the only long-range module which does have an impact on missile dmg application to a high-slot is bad..

So anyone use them on meds? Nope, almost every missile ship have free high slot, and that will help them a lot, buffing missiles? In some ways yes but only missile buff makes TP another useless (in terms no one use them) mod.
Btw. TP help turrets too.
With TP on higs slots ravens will be finally used at pvp, and think about typhoons...
Super Chair
Project Cerberus
Templis CALSF
#605 - 2013-05-04 19:16:23 UTC
Target painters in the highslot is a good idea, IMO. Helps heaps with almost every shield tanked missile boat that has a utility high but not enough PG to fit a decently sized neut there....so.... yeah....
Hagika
Standard Corp 123
#606 - 2013-05-04 20:32:50 UTC
Gypsio III wrote:
Quote:
Itis Zhellin wrote:
If you're referring to the CNR or Fleetphoon, then it's a fairer comment, because they haven't been rebalanced yet, although it seems to be really quite difficult to use all the PG on a PVE cruise CNR. Even with 7x CML, MJD, MWD, HCB and XLSB you only need a single PG mod.

That and also Rattlesnake and more than anything.. Nemesis. Nemesis which is a damn tight fit ship.

Oh absolutely, trying to fit cruise on a Nemesis is just crazy difficult. But, be fair, it's the same for all bombers. Personally, I just stick with torps...Big smile

I would kick a baby to have the new cruise on stealth bombers..I actually miss the old cruise bombers.
Well not the fact they couldnt warp while cloaked but with this change, they would be amazing.

Actually, I would kick a whole orphanage full of babies.
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#607 - 2013-05-04 20:35:51 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
marVLs wrote:

So anyone use them on meds? Nope, almost every missile ship have free high slot, and that will help them a lot, buffing missiles? In some ways yes but only missile buff makes TP another useless (in terms no one use them) mod.
With TP on higs slots ravens will be finally used at pvp, and think about typhoons...

It's better to have them in meds, as you do have the option to sacrifice a little tank for more gank that way. If it would be a highslot module, you would still have the option to fit them, yeah, but you are very limited on them (i.e 1 TP on most missile ships, including the phoon and the raven after their rebalance). Most ships would have to sacrifice launcherslots for dmg application - a little odd. ;)

Also, missiles suck because of delayed damage and their poor damage application.. how would a highslot TP help with that, if you're only having 1 TP at all?

Missiles could need a tracking enhancer, but TP in highslots wouldn't really help.
marVLs
#608 - 2013-05-05 08:32:14 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

Also, missiles suck because of delayed damage and their poor damage application.. how would a highslot TP help with that, if you're only having 1 TP at all?

Missiles could need a tracking enhancer, but TP in highslots wouldn't really help.

So who's flying alone in BS on pvp?
Take 3xTyphoon with expl velo bonus and everyone have 1xTP, that gives 3xTP on a target... BC's and BS's would melt from Rage torpedoesTwisted
Counter? Don't get in range like blasters
Ravens have range but not expl velo bonus so need to speed tank portion of that damage

And no one sacrifice tank or something else for TP, BS's have weak tanks already (for their price and useful)

Other option is buff BS's tank for about 1/3 of it's current state and give them more meds or special slot that can be fitted only for one BS's designed modules like MJD or target breaker.
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#609 - 2013-05-05 09:32:35 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
marVLs wrote:

Clearly I'm dreaming about the two TPs attached to my CNR...
Josilin du Guesclin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#610 - 2013-05-05 10:09:21 UTC
I think the problem with mods is that CM and Torps were (as with all missiles) originally intended to not use or need an equivalent to a tracking or range mod. Target Painters were supposed to fill a similar slot to Tracking Disruptors, but in reverse - a TD reduces incoming DPS, a TP increases outgoing DPS.

However, over time big missiles have become unable to apply damage effectively without Painters, and so these have changed from being a reverse TD to being the missiles' equivalent to a Tracking Computer (but with better scaling because they aid your whole side, and more universal application because TPs buff guns as well). So we have a situation where CM and Torps need tracking/range mods, but have only one - the TP. Now the TP does have the effect of being a local and remote mod in one, but it's also far more limited in effect - for turrets you can get mid or low modules and they affect both range and tracking. Missiles just get the single, mid-only, 'tracking'-only module. [Not considering rigs, because all systems get those]

So, we need for either CMs and Torps to go back to not needing mods (and probably being a little worse than a turret system that has so many mods that the ship in question has forsaken everything else for gank, but better than an un-modded turret system), or for them to have the full range of mods and balanced around that. I favour the former because it's a point of difference, and simpler fitting makes up a little for harder to apply damage.
Hagika
Standard Corp 123
#611 - 2013-05-05 15:23:00 UTC
oh, wanting to by cruise missile option on bombers..It was done originally, and no reason why we cant have both systems on them.

I miss the 150km+ love shots. Would be amazing after these changes.
Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#612 - 2013-05-05 20:34:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Gimme more Cynos
marVLs wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

So who's flying alone in BS on pvp?
Take 3xTyphoon with expl velo bonus and everyone have 1xTP, that gives 3xTP on a target... BC's and BS's would melt from Rage torpedoesTwisted
Counter? Don't get in range like blasters
Ravens have range but not expl velo bonus so need to speed tank portion of that damage

And no one sacrifice tank or something else for TP, BS's have weak tanks already (for their price and useful)

Other option is buff BS's tank for about 1/3 of it's current state and give them more meds or special slot that can be fitted only for one BS's designed modules like MJD or target breaker.

Damage remains laughable even with 3 TP's on small targets.. I can't hit fast moving cruisers in PvE with fury for more than half the dmg with dual rigor II's, max skills and a RF TP.. Now think about Rage torps on boats without rigors on player controlled targets.. ;)

It wouldn't change anything at all, besides the fact that you wouldn't be able to Dual TP a missile boat any longer..

Edit: Oh, and 20 m/s more explo-velocity wouldn't change much.. ;)
Edit 2: Oh, and the Phoon will have plenty options to fit TP's ;)
Bucca Zerodyme
Good For Nothing Corporation
#613 - 2013-05-06 00:37:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Bucca Zerodyme
Change the Raven Velocity Bonus into:
- 20% More Velocity from Missiles and -5% Flight Time of Missiles per Skill.
Tenris Anis
Schattenengel Clan
#614 - 2013-05-06 21:09:28 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Good to know. I was under the impression that it was the HM nerf that did in missile doctrines, but since you two have way more experience for obvious reasons I defer to your judgment.

Maybe missiles should be given more HP?

Firewalls are fine, they should be a valid counter, because they come with a price.

Remove insurance.

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#615 - 2013-05-06 21:27:31 UTC
Tenris Anis wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Good to know. I was under the impression that it was the HM nerf that did in missile doctrines, but since you two have way more experience for obvious reasons I defer to your judgment.

Maybe missiles should be given more HP?

Firewalls are fine, they should be a valid counter, because they come with a price.

Wow, we've seen the worst post in this thread :D

Firewalls are not fine.. Yes, they come at a price, but the benefit can be way... way to huge.. Firewalling can mitigate just too much damage from missles. Besides that, there is no benefit of missiles which might be a justification for such a huge "counter"..

Just try to compare firewall and ECM.. and think over how much damage a dedicated ECM ship can mitigate.. now compare that to firewall..
Tenris Anis
Schattenengel Clan
#616 - 2013-05-06 21:45:26 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
MainDrain wrote:
Caitlyn Tufy wrote:
Righty, one by one:

5% increased rate of fire for all Cruise Missile Launchers
25% increase in base damage for all Cruise Missiles

Way more than I expected, tbh. Only problem I see: Rof means a rof bonused ship will go through cargo even faster and missiles are pretty large to carry around in the first place. Perhaps consider reducing the size of missiles?

Figure that has to be a key comment, with the Rate of Fire increasing its got to be a must to reduce the size, as well as the mineral requirements for building them. It shouldnt become more expensive (albeit slightly) to kill a target as a result of these changes, it should remain identical.

Everything has to get more expensive these days, ccp are desperately trying to build more isk sinks into the game in order to rebalance the economy. It also means that mission rewards are slightly nerfed as it costs more to kill rats making the remaining isk more precious.

Not by much. Ammunition is no isk sink at all, it just means that part of your mission income will end up at some poor miner that is working for a slave wage so that you can shoot more. And on the way to this miner all involved middle mans will be happy. The ISK sink is when you buy something on the market, as the little market fee is the only isk sink that is involved.

Remove insurance.

Tenris Anis
Schattenengel Clan
#617 - 2013-05-06 21:49:01 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

Just try to compare firewall and ECM.. and think over how much damage a dedicated ECM ship can mitigate.. now compare that to firewall..

Yes compare how much damage a ECM ship can mitigate and now compare it against firewall ships. Use gun ships for the enemy fleet. ;-)

Remove insurance.

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#618 - 2013-05-06 23:52:38 UTC
Tenris Anis wrote:
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

Yes compare how much damage a ECM ship can mitigate and now compare it against firewall ships. Use gun ships for the enemy fleet. ;-)

please biomass yourself :D
Tenris Anis
Schattenengel Clan
#619 - 2013-05-07 00:55:41 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:

please biomass yourself :D

I have to concede to your cunning arguments.

Remove insurance.

Zetak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#620 - 2013-05-08 06:13:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Zetak
Hey. I just wanted to post my proposal in there too. So in the caldari thread some of us are discussing some pretty good changes we would like to see happen to missile ships, but It might be a bit much. anyways I wanted to propose in light of the changes we want to make, please tone down the damage and rate of fire by 5%, to keep balance. but only if our changes would be voted green light by CCP Rise.

*edit*

in light of the update we now get only 5% rof bonus so i revoke my rof tone down. it is toned down quite enoughLol