These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

So I'm flying round Amarr minding my own business... WTF!!!!

Author
Shinzhi Xadi
Doomheim
#41 - 2013-04-13 02:21:27 UTC
I remember about 3 years ago seeing a Naglfar at Jita.

Wonder if its still there.

Mac Pro dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 24gig ecc ram, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Intel SSD, OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Pro.

DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#42 - 2013-04-13 02:47:50 UTC

All I could think looking at this is, WHY HAVE YOU GOT SHIELD HARDENERS AND AN ARMOR REP???

Damn nature, you scary!

Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#43 - 2013-04-13 04:34:18 UTC
DelBoy Trades wrote:

All I could think looking at this is, WHY HAVE YOU GOT SHIELD HARDENERS AND AN ARMOR REP???

This has already been answered. Like most people in EvE He is a giant racial stereotype slur.
dark heartt
#44 - 2013-04-13 05:41:42 UTC
Tank Talbot wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to gank his dreadnought? It just seems like “one of those targets" some one would go for when looking to make a name for their group. I am not suggesting or planning anything here but rather just curious if there is a story to share.

I don't think so. Chribba is one of those guys nobody really wants to mess with simply because of all he does for the community.
Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#45 - 2013-04-13 06:10:34 UTC
dark heartt wrote:
Tank Talbot wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to gank his dreadnought? It just seems like “one of those targets" some one would go for when looking to make a name for their group. I am not suggesting or planning anything here but rather just curious if there is a story to share.

I don't think so. Chribba is one of those guys nobody really wants to mess with simply because of all he does for the community.

One of the main problems with this is that, it's a dread, in 1.0, it has pretty high EHP to begin with so in order to pull this off you need to bring a pretty massive alpha and execute it well before CONCORD drops and the node lags out.

And before you go - well just dec him - the high-sec cap rules specifically states that one is not allowed to undock it if at war so a dec in that case becomes pointless since you will never be allowed the chance to shoot at it.

So the only way would be that suicide, I for one would think it's a worthy way for it to die and a very impressive thing to pull off, anyone who does it will have my hat tipped for the display.

(Although I do think it will be hard to sneak in a 200 pilot alpha fleet without me noticing...)

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2013-04-13 07:40:19 UTC
Chribba wrote:
dark heartt wrote:
Tank Talbot wrote:

One of the main problems with this is that, it's a dread, in 1.0, it has pretty high EHP to begin with so in order to pull this off you need to bring a pretty massive alpha and execute it well before CONCORD drops and the node lags out.

And before you go - well just dec him - the high-sec cap rules specifically states that one is not allowed to undock it if at war so a dec in that case becomes pointless since you will never be allowed the chance to shoot at it.

So the only way would be that suicide, I for one would think it's a worthy way for it to die and a very impressive thing to pull off, anyone who does it will have my hat tipped for the display.

(Although I do think it will be hard to sneak in a 200 pilot alpha fleet without me noticing...)

/c

What if the gank fleet is all ventures and there are 1,000 instead of 200? Oh and they request the node to be reinforced.. hehehe Shame there is probably a 1k cap on the system.
DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#47 - 2013-04-13 07:45:58 UTC
Chribba wrote:

/c

This would require (depending on fit) between 239 (Regular cheapo dread fit, max skilled tornadoes) and 877 (Maximum tank fit, T2 trimarks, slaveset and legion links, max skilled tornadoes)

That will be one expensive and dodgy suicide gank.

Damn nature, you scary!

Grideris
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2013-04-13 08:17:54 UTC
Anabella Rella wrote:
He's an exception. His Revelation dates back to a time when cap ships could be built in high sec. He just never jumped it out. I believe there are a couple of other people who, likewise, never moved their cap ships. Occasionally, if you check contracts, you'll see someone selling one in high sec. CCP allows these players to keep their caps in high sec under 2 conditions: 1) If they ever jump it out of high sec it can never return and 2) If they use it offensively and attack other players a GM will move it to low sec and it can never return.

They also changed the rules a while back to ban the sale of any highsec based capital ship.

http://www.dust514.org - the unofficial forum for everything DUST 514 http://www.dust514base.com -** the** blog site with everything else DUST 514 you need

Previous page123