These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

WH "Coalitions" Blobs, Blue Lists, and bob.

First post First post
Author
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#181 - 2013-04-12 16:52:26 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
For the love of Bob, lock this thread.

Completely empty quoting.

Not a diplo. 

The above post was edited for spelling.

Sorany
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#182 - 2013-04-12 17:10:57 UTC
this game is a sandbox.

your opinion really doesn't matter because in the end nothing is going to stop this from happening.

if i wanted to play a game where nothing bad ever happened there are more than a few that can fill that void.

however, that game is not this game.
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#183 - 2013-04-12 17:18:57 UTC
I want to play eve in safe mode, please.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Ayeson
Hard Knocks Inc.
Hard Knocks Citizens
#184 - 2013-04-12 17:21:18 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:

That's not good if you're a diplo.

Just sayin'

Sorry, Just saw this, you think QT is a diplo? Wat

Also, this thread was a good read
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#185 - 2013-04-12 17:31:40 UTC
Ayeson wrote:

huh?

that was in response to Bane, who is a diplo.

Not a diplo. 

QT McWhiskers
EdgeGamers
Atrax Hollow
#186 - 2013-04-12 17:40:33 UTC
Ayeson wrote:
Vincent Gaines wrote:

That's not good if you're a diplo.

Just sayin'

If I were ever a diplo the WH nation would devolve into a cacophony of sperging forum trolls and meaningless evictions.

Other than a few gems of posts, this thread has been dead since page three. Seriously funny though.
CeNSeR
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#187 - 2013-04-12 17:53:41 UTC
Riverini For CSM 8,9 and 10 guy's that dude is awsum.
ISD Flidais Asagiri
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#188 - 2013-04-12 19:57:03 UTC
Greetings

While I appreciate the enthusiasm with which this thread is growing, it is grossly off topic and starting to look like people are trying to derail it. Please stay on topic and continue with a lively discussion.

On On

ISD Flidais Asagiri Lt. Commander Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#189 - 2013-04-12 21:02:08 UTC
Ppl want this close and you leave it open?
Psichology 1....

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

dark dreamur
Guild of Independent Pilots
DammFam
#190 - 2013-04-13 00:01:14 UTC
it wasn't long ago that insidious design were in the same situation, a corp that brought fights when and as it could, talocan united combined with TL evicted us, now the boots on the other foot and TL are crying unfair?
Evictions happen not for good fights but because a group (corp or alliance) make enough enemy's that combine and take the transgressors out, no one likes to evict, its boring and rarely eventful, occasionally brightened by tears in local or a random fight, but they do serve a purpose, it is a last resort after an organization has upset enough of the wh community. I don't think we have seen the last of evictions, remove evictions and what is the end course of action ? what motivation is there to be a constructive positive member of our community.
TL are a voracious group of players, strong in spirit and unity I look forward to you guys being back on your feet, I also hope it has given you an opportunity to reflect an make changes as it did to us in insidious design
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#191 - 2013-04-13 12:41:44 UTC
Insidious had Night Beagle.

Not a diplo. 

dark dreamur
Guild of Independent Pilots
DammFam
#192 - 2013-04-13 16:01:58 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
Insidious had Night Beagle.

yeah......... thankfully he was out of game during my time, but that's a different story , and thread
Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#193 - 2013-04-15 08:29:18 UTC
I started reading this thread with the opinion that wh alliances shouldn't evict other wh alliances that frequently pvp. Now after reading this ENTIRE thread I've had some good laughs and changed my opinion of evicting pvp'ing alliances from W-space. EVE is a sandbox game and you can't dictate how any one plays this fine internet spaceship game! If an alliance decides to evict some other alliance from wh space who are we to tell them no? If said alliances have the will and the way to evict/defend their home so be it! Let the pew pew commence! I for one CHOSE to live in wh space for the great fights. Yes you get blobbed. Yes you blob other people. Its the way of EVE! And not often enough you get a truly great fight where winners and losers tell tales of the epicness that happened!

If your fighting 'fair' your doing it wrong!

After saying that I've taken part in many 3v3's or 5v5's that have been set up in wh local. Honor is difficult to gain but easily lost and if I engaged in a xvx fight and the other guys decided to break that agreement I'd remember that in the future and not try to do that again with them! Simple as that! Of course i'd be mad that they broke the agreement but expecting to invade a wh and get 1v1 alliance fight is naive. Every invasion I EXPECT the defenders to bat phone. You must plan for this accordingly and pick your targets wisely because of this! If you can't take on their expected batphone numbers then you don't invade. Of course there are times when you invade someone and they bring more people then you expect. Its at these times I believe its ok call in some wh bros to get a GF. But not until that has happened do I think its ok to bring in the 'Coalition'.

If your not big/good enough to take the defending guys in there expected batphone state then you shouldn't be invading them!
QT McWhiskers
EdgeGamers
Atrax Hollow
#194 - 2013-04-15 16:24:13 UTC
Thats an interesting take on the whole spin. If you aren't big or powerful enough to take on the defenders and their batphones, dont invade. I wonder what you mean by this. Usually people arent powerful enough to handle batphone by themselves, unless the batphones are similarly small scrub groups. Thats why you never see just one major group invading another major group.

I cant recall or find a single case of one major entity invading another major entity alone. Even back to the days of the Aharm invasion of CCRES. Aharm called in backup from mercs. (No offense to Aharm that was an impressive feat back then)
Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#195 - 2013-04-15 16:37:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
Aquila Sagitta wrote:

If your not big/good enough to take the defending guys in there expected batphone state then you shouldn't be invading them!

Considering where my spaceship currently is, I find your post ironic.

That being said, I don't disagree with invasions. I disagree with some of the ways in which they've been done. This being a sandbox game I welcome those ways. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

Not a diplo. 

Indo Nira
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#196 - 2013-04-15 23:05:03 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
Aquila Sagitta wrote:

That being said, I don't disagree with invasions. I disagree with some of the ways in which they've been done. This being a sandbox game I welcome those ways. It doesn't mean I have to enjoy it.

oh what you mean this?

wrote:

Make sure you join joint comms and LOST comms before you log in if you are in the target system. We don't want to give away the element of surprise.

POC will be Myself, Terumah, or Awing.

Friendly POS comes out of Reo in exactly 1 day 10 minutes from now. So be on comms before hand ready to log in.

Regards,

Torshawna

Vincent Gaines
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#197 - 2013-04-16 00:21:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Vincent Gaines
oh no, not our alliance mail!

Time to go, the jig is up boys.

I, too, use eve skunk

Not a diplo. 

Aquila Sagitta
Blue-Fire
#198 - 2013-04-17 05:09:18 UTC
Vincent Gaines wrote:
Aquila Sagitta wrote:

forum ate my post D:

These are my views and not necessarily shared by my entire alliance.

My guys got alittle anxious when solar came in to bail these guys out. Was surprised they did. When I heard a diplo had been poking around to see who was available I was upset. However, I'm glad you were here! Whether or not we needed the help can be up for debate but I think we could have handled this wh ourselves. Too bad the fight wasn't better Ugh
Calexis Atredies
Questionable Ethics.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#199 - 2013-04-18 18:24:33 UTC
When wormhole space first appeared it was a great haven from the nullsec di*kery that had ruined 0.0 combat (which arguably died with the nano age).

The large coalitions that are forming amongst wormholes is mostly due to ego and carebearing, people unwilling to put their ISK on the line for a fair fight (or trusting the other group to blob them). You are all essentially guilty of stirring the bucket of sh** in one way or another.

Scratch your blue lists, honour a gentleman's agreement in WH to limit yourselfeves to X pilots for a takedown/invasion and have some fun. You would all have to agree to such guidlines ofc, perhaps even as a community "police" those who break said agreement. Write up threads for active invasions on the forums, chat to each other, no reason why there cannot be mutual respect between warring groups. This is essentially the same principals of RvB.

You will be doing yourselves and wormhole space a favour, no longer will you have to worry about being swarmed and you might even get some "good fights". Who cares if you lose a fleet, we are all filthy rich and most of us have more money that we could ever spend on PVP. Of course those who are in it for the money would not be all too fond of this proposal, but honestly speaking, they are whats killing the community and their time will come...
Hoxothul
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#200 - 2013-04-18 21:38:39 UTC
You don't really know what you are talking about, do you?

These coalitions don't have perma blues. It's temporarily every time. And a few days after we are happily shooting each other again.