These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Odyssey summer expansion: Starbase iterations

First post First post
Author
Prinzessin Leia
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#581 - 2013-05-10 07:48:20 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Latest Update:


  • At this point is is looking less likely that we will be able to get the T3 subsystem swapping into the first Odyssey release. Team Superfriends may or may not be able to have the feature polished in time for Odyssey 1.0, we'll keep you updated as new information becomes available.


  • Let us know what you think about the implementation of the completed features on SISI and we'll be continuing to work hard to fit everything we can into the expansion.



    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    You stated that Subsystem swapping is done by adding the Subsystems to the Allowed-to-fit list
    on CHA´s. I had to laugh so hard as I´ve seen this statement on Fanfest and now it´ll maybe not on
    Odyssey?
    Really?! Add something to a list?!

    I´ve said to my corp that I´ll bring in ma Loki as soon as I can swap Subsystems. ATM I would have
    to bring 3 multi-billion-worth Lokis to get what I need just because I´ve to refit these ******* things
    that were realeased in the WH expansion years ago and stilll not working as intended...

    Shame on you once more!
    Max Goldwing
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #582 - 2013-05-10 09:18:09 UTC
    Prinzessin Leia wrote:
    You stated that Subsystem swapping is done by adding the Subsystems to the Allowed-to-fit list
    on CHA´s. I had to laugh so hard as I´ve seen this statement on Fanfest and now it´ll maybe not on
    Odyssey?
    Really?! Add something to a list?!

    Its probaly a bit more complex than addinig to a list, since you cant remove a subsystem to get a empty slot where you can place a new subsystem, they have to be replaced and any incompatible modules+the old system have to be returned to somewhere (maybe cargo hold, but would require enough free space for the subsystem).
    CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #583 - 2013-05-10 11:49:14 UTC
    xttz wrote:

    It might be a minor point, but the arrows for huge modules like the CSAA and XLSMA are bigger than the screen now...

    Yup that's a bug that should be fixed soon.

    Prinzessin Leia wrote:

    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    You stated that Subsystem swapping is done by adding the Subsystems to the Allowed-to-fit list
    on CHA´s. I had to laugh so hard as I´ve seen this statement on Fanfest and now it´ll maybe not on
    Odyssey?
    Really?! Add something to a list?!

    I´ve said to my corp that I´ll bring in ma Loki as soon as I can swap Subsystems. ATM I would have
    to bring 3 multi-billion-worth Lokis to get what I need just because I´ve to refit these ******* things
    that were realeased in the WH expansion years ago and stilll not working as intended...

    Shame on you once more!

    I said adding the subsystems to that list was ONE of the things that would be needed. Allowing the actual subsystems to be swapped in the hanger itself is much more complicated.

    Game Designer | Team Five-0

    Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

    James Amril-Kesh
    Viziam
    Amarr Empire
    #584 - 2013-05-10 12:49:03 UTC
    Max Goldwing wrote:
    Prinzessin Leia wrote:
    You stated that Subsystem swapping is done by adding the Subsystems to the Allowed-to-fit list
    on CHA´s. I had to laugh so hard as I´ve seen this statement on Fanfest and now it´ll maybe not on
    Odyssey?
    Really?! Add something to a list?!

    Its probaly a bit more complex than addinig to a list, since you cant remove a subsystem to get a empty slot where you can place a new subsystem,

    You can, but that involves using the fitting manager to fit your T3 using a subsystem that you don't have.
    E.g. if I want to remove the electronics subsystem, I simply have to load and autofit a saved fitting that includes an electronics subsystem that I don't have with me.

    Enjoying the rain today? ;)

    xttz
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #585 - 2013-05-11 14:58:53 UTC
    I know it's too late for this release, but I'm gonna try and sneak in some ideas for a later Odyssey patch...

    Can we get a review of Starbase weapons please? Specifically:

    a) Starbase Defense Management is very much a relic of 2007. The UI forces you to control/drop one module at a time (which often takes longer than the enemy needs to run away), and there's no grouping of similar modules. Plus you need at least 15 modules to be effective in a fight which means 3-4 characters with the right roles + skills in the right place at the right time.
    Being able to group up weapons then control 1 group per level of the skill would be a step in the right direction.

    b) Starbase weapons have never been reviewed in line with ship balancing changes. Most still do levels of damage on par with ship hitpoints in 2005. Ewar mods take the best part of a minute to lock many subcaps, during which time the target has easily moved out of range or off-grid. And the less said about Hybrid or Missile weapons the better...

    c) We could really use something that acts as a threat to supercaps. Starbases used to tear up unprepared dreads and carriers, now they just get swept by fighter-bombers in under a minute. Bring back scary neuts or give us a counter to supercarrier tides.

    Pretty please :)
    LoanWolf Tivianne
    Ace's And 8's
    #586 - 2013-05-12 00:55:13 UTC
    i know its like probably way to late to add this but may be it can be considered for later i post here because its rel vent to poses i have been keeping up with the other post on ice and ore and i know that roquals wont be touched any time soon but i was thinking a solution to the problem may be a pos mod to compress the ore and ice you could make it a skill like the roqu to use may be have to have the same skills to fly the roqu just a thought but would make it realy nice to not have to spend 3 bill on a going to be fireworks display

    yea my spelling sucks so do you go back to work school teacher your not wanted here

    CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #587 - 2013-05-13 10:33:30 UTC
    xttz wrote:
    I know it's too late for this release, but I'm gonna try and sneak in some ideas for a later Odyssey patch...

    Can we get a review of Starbase weapons please? Specifically:

    a) Starbase Defense Management is very much a relic of 2007. The UI forces you to control/drop one module at a time (which often takes longer than the enemy needs to run away), and there's no grouping of similar modules. Plus you need at least 15 modules to be effective in a fight which means 3-4 characters with the right roles + skills in the right place at the right time.
    Being able to group up weapons then control 1 group per level of the skill would be a step in the right direction.

    b) Starbase weapons have never been reviewed in line with ship balancing changes. Most still do levels of damage on par with ship hitpoints in 2005. Ewar mods take the best part of a minute to lock many subcaps, during which time the target has easily moved out of range or off-grid. And the less said about Hybrid or Missile weapons the better...

    c) We could really use something that acts as a threat to supercaps. Starbases used to tear up unprepared dreads and carriers, now they just get swept by fighter-bombers in under a minute. Bring back scary neuts or give us a counter to supercarrier tides.

    Pretty please :)


    Considering the cursing I've been hearing from across the room from Veritas whenever his code somehow intersects with starbase weapons, things like grouping may be a fairly involved process. However changes to the attributes of the weapons would be a much smaller project and might be something we can get in as a change to the current system in a later patch.

    Game Designer | Team Five-0

    Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

    Soko99
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #588 - 2013-05-13 12:32:19 UTC
    Sorry if the question is a repost.. Reading through the last 30 pages I may have missed it, and in all honesty I did skip a few..


    As far as the new personal hangar arrays for the POS. How will the security officer role affect them? Ie. Will they be able to see and take from a person's hold as per normal station hangars?

    Ydnari
    Estrale Frontiers
    #589 - 2013-05-13 13:59:18 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Latest Update:
  • We are in the process of investigating changes to what roles are required to cancel corp jobs in a Starbase. I can't promise that it will make it into Odyssey but we'll do our best.

  • To be clear does this change apply to all corp jobs as previously posted, not just those in Starbases? I'm much more concerned about the corp jobs in NPC stations - I want to be able to let junior members build their own frigates using locked-down corp BPOs without being able to cancel bigger corp jobs (and that's been a common user story in the threads about this over the years).

    The solution you posted earlier about only Directors being able to cancel any corp job that wasn't started by them - whether it's in a POS or NPC station or wherever - looked perfect.

    You've got me a bit worried now that it specifically mentions Starbases; I'm really hoping it includes Starbases but is not limited to Starbases.

    Also: please please please do implement it Cool

    --

    CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #590 - 2013-05-13 14:29:09 UTC
    Ydnari wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Latest Update:
  • We are in the process of investigating changes to what roles are required to cancel corp jobs in a Starbase. I can't promise that it will make it into Odyssey but we'll do our best.

  • To be clear does this change apply to all corp jobs as previously posted, not just those in Starbases? I'm much more concerned about the corp jobs in NPC stations - I want to be able to let junior members build their own frigates using locked-down corp BPOs without being able to cancel bigger corp jobs (and that's been a common user story in the threads about this over the years).

    The solution you posted earlier about only Directors being able to cancel any corp job that wasn't started by them - whether it's in a POS or NPC station or wherever - looked perfect.

    You've got me a bit worried now that it specifically mentions Starbases; I'm really hoping it includes Starbases but is not limited to Starbases.

    Also: please please please do implement it Cool


    I believe that the implementation that Masterplan is investigating would equally affect all jobs.

    Game Designer | Team Five-0

    Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

    CCP Fozzie
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #591 - 2013-05-13 14:29:38 UTC
    Soko99 wrote:
    Sorry if the question is a repost.. Reading through the last 30 pages I may have missed it, and in all honesty I did skip a few..


    As far as the new personal hangar arrays for the POS. How will the security officer role affect them? Ie. Will they be able to see and take from a person's hold as per normal station hangars?



    Nobody will be able to take from another character's personal hanger.

    Game Designer | Team Five-0

    Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
    Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

    EvilweaselSA
    GoonCorp
    Goonswarm Federation
    #592 - 2013-05-13 15:12:40 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Soko99 wrote:
    Sorry if the question is a repost.. Reading through the last 30 pages I may have missed it, and in all honesty I did skip a few..


    As far as the new personal hangar arrays for the POS. How will the security officer role affect them? Ie. Will they be able to see and take from a person's hold as per normal station hangars?



    Nobody will be able to take from another character's personal hanger.

    What about see?
    xttz
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #593 - 2013-05-13 15:22:56 UTC
    EvilweaselSA wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Soko99 wrote:
    Sorry if the question is a repost.. Reading through the last 30 pages I may have missed it, and in all honesty I did skip a few..


    As far as the new personal hangar arrays for the POS. How will the security officer role affect them? Ie. Will they be able to see and take from a person's hold as per normal station hangars?



    Nobody will be able to take from another character's personal hanger.

    What about see?


    I can see into your hangar right now... wish I didn't
    Phoenix Jones
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #594 - 2013-05-13 19:09:55 UTC
    We really need that personal ship maintenance array. In whatever shape and/or form, it needs to show up ASAP.

    Yaay!!!!

    Onyx Asablot
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #595 - 2013-05-13 19:47:23 UTC
    Sorry if this was answered but what was the intent behind the 50K amount of space on the private hangar array? Essentially why not more space. That does seem limited from observation but I will check it out on SISI. Also will there be simular intent when designing and implementing the private ship maintenance array?

    America!

    Phoenix Jones
    The Scope
    Gallente Federation
    #596 - 2013-05-13 20:47:34 UTC
    It was the middle ground. Unless you have ore or PI, 50000 seemed about right.

    Nothing is stopping you from anchoring 2 of them.

    But yea, secure private sma storage = happy eve community.

    Yaay!!!!

    Silvonus
    Spacewreck Emporium
    #597 - 2013-05-14 09:18:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Silvonus
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
  • Private Hangers in the 50k size are completed and will be on SISI when it comes up today available for testing.
  • Current Personal Hangar storage size on Singularity is 1,400,000m3. You might need to adjust some numbers. Blink
    SamuraiJack
    Caldari Provisions
    Caldari State
    #598 - 2013-05-14 12:29:17 UTC
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Ydnari wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
    Latest Update:
  • We are in the process of investigating changes to what roles are required to cancel corp jobs in a Starbase. I can't promise that it will make it into Odyssey but we'll do our best.

  • To be clear does this change apply to all corp jobs as previously posted, not just those in Starbases? I'm much more concerned about the corp jobs in NPC stations - I want to be able to let junior members build their own frigates using locked-down corp BPOs without being able to cancel bigger corp jobs (and that's been a common user story in the threads about this over the years).

    The solution you posted earlier about only Directors being able to cancel any corp job that wasn't started by them - whether it's in a POS or NPC station or wherever - looked perfect.

    You've got me a bit worried now that it specifically mentions Starbases; I'm really hoping it includes Starbases but is not limited to Starbases.

    Also: please please please do implement it Cool


    I believe that the implementation that Masterplan is investigating would equally affect all jobs.



    Fozzie... i <3 you so much right now. FINALLY these changes arrive. This means personal pos's will be allowable in corps building T2/supers without fear of some newbie idiot (or a spy) trashing months of work.

    SJ's Chronicles - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2103579/CLS-SamuraiJack

    Alacrity Fitzhoughs
    #599 - 2013-05-14 14:32:30 UTC
    Silvonus wrote:
    CCP Fozzie wrote:
  • Private Hangers in the 50k size are completed and will be on SISI when it comes up today available for testing.
  • Current Personal Hangar storage size on Singularity is 1,400,000m3. You might need to adjust some numbers. Blink



    That is what I am seeing also. Bug?
    Loan--Wolf
    Sub Par.
    #600 - 2013-05-14 22:33:46 UTC
    so much for the sandbox idea