These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Random Thoughts Thread

First post
Author
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#101 - 2013-04-04 02:10:48 UTC  |  Edited by: silens vesica
Khergit Deserters wrote:

Actually, can any creature other than a human have a slip and fall accident? One that would actually hurt the creature's head, ankle, hip, elbow, back, or tail bone?

Actually, yes. Any of the ungulates which rely on flight for their primary means of survival are subject to these - which almost invariably prove fatal if they're any more serious than bruises.

Vegetable sour soup. Well worth the scalded tongue. Cool

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#102 - 2013-04-09 17:09:42 UTC
I have performed successful necromancy on this thread. Which reminds me of the Rush song, "The Necromancer." Which is not really their best one.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#103 - 2013-04-09 18:59:01 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
I have performed successful necromancy on this thread. Which reminds me of the Rush song, "The Necromancer." Which is not really their best one.

I don't even remember it .

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#104 - 2013-04-09 20:33:18 UTC
In my state of mind, feeling nothing is the preferable alternative.
Telegram Sam
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#105 - 2013-04-09 22:04:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Telegram Sam
Wish I had a nice Thai deep-fried fish with lime juice, cilantro, scallions, ginger, lemon grass, umeboshi, and a lot of other unidentified good stuff.
Daimon Kaiera
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#106 - 2013-04-09 22:08:28 UTC
How does what content is in a video affect how many views it gets?
For example, I was once listening to a podcast on Youtube that gets about 300-1000 views per episode. They do have music breaks, and the host, VS, said that "Why is it when I put a beautiful wind god girl remix on, it only gets like 100 or 200 views, yet if I have a UN Owen remix that sounds like elevator music, it gets 2000? What the ****, guys?"

How do these people who are watching the podcast know, before they decide which one they will "watch," which one has the music and content they will enjoy when the podcasts are entitled "Episode 1, 2, 3 etc."

.... . .-.. .--. / .. / .... .- ...- . / ..-. .- .-.. .-.. . -. / .- -. -.. / .. / -.-. .- -. -. --- - / --. . - / ..- .--. / ... - --- .--. - .... .. ... / ... .. --. -. .- - ..- .-. . / .. -.. . .- / .. ... / -. --- - / ... - --- .-.. . -. / ... - --- .--.

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#107 - 2013-04-10 02:26:16 UTC
New glasses. Much better. Distortions are.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Graygor
1kB Realty
#108 - 2013-04-10 03:07:07 UTC
Im sat here wondering if turkey bacon is any good.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#109 - 2013-04-10 12:17:29 UTC
I wish someone made a MLP video with this awesome winsauce epic music
ISD Suvetar
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#110 - 2013-04-10 13:57:26 UTC
Lets keep things clean, eh ?

Thanks!

[b]ISD Suvetar Captain/Commando Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs) Interstellar Services Department[/b]

Drone Rogue
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#111 - 2013-04-10 13:59:00 UTC
For a forum supposedly filled with a more mature crowd the forum rules sure are tight.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#112 - 2013-04-10 14:22:39 UTC
Graygor wrote:
Im sat here wondering if turkey bacon is any good.

I find it... Meh. It's kinda good, until you realize it's supposed to be bacon. Then it is dissapoint.

OTOH, this morning I gave my children... Bacon.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#113 - 2013-04-10 14:42:22 UTC
Once when I was broke in college, I traded a Jim Morrison "An American Prayer" LP for about 15 lbs. of turkey products. Turkey bologna, hot dogs, polish sausages, bacon. That kind of burned me out on turkey imitation stuff forever. The taste and texture are so-- imitation. But turkey bologna's kind of hard to tell from like the real thing.
Graygor
1kB Realty
#114 - 2013-04-10 14:45:52 UTC
I just got a message from a friend telling me on saturday theres an all you can eat pastrami contest.

The top prizes look good.

1st. $500 and a 50% discount for a year.
2nd. $200 and 20% discount for a year.
3rd. No money but probably $150-200 in desserts you can have.

Im seriously wondering how much pastrami i can ingest before exploding.

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#115 - 2013-04-10 14:52:10 UTC
New glasses. Work. Headache.

Drone Rogue
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#116 - 2013-04-10 14:52:17 UTC
Do you have to pay for the pastrami?

If not, go for it, bro. Post results later.
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#117 - 2013-04-10 15:49:23 UTC
I sometimes use company bandwidth to stream Zoochosis Channel videos into my laptop

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#118 - 2013-04-10 15:59:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
Go for it Graygor! Is this an IFOCE (International Federation of Competitive Eating) event? Keep an eye out for cheating contestants. You know, the guys who'll sneak a bite before the start bell, or not eat all of the required side food (bread, etc.), or accidentally drop a portion by their chair, etc. It seems like these competitions tend to be riddled with controversy.
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#119 - 2013-04-11 07:36:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Liafcipe9000
Two Steps From Hell

IS TOO DAMN EPIC!Twisted
Graygor
1kB Realty
#120 - 2013-04-11 07:52:58 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Go for it Graygor! Is this an IFOCE (International Federation of Competitive Eating) event? Keep an eye out for cheating contestants. You know, the guys who'll sneak a bite before the start bell, or not eat all of the required side food (bread, etc.), or accidentally drop a portion by their chair, etc. It seems like these competitions tend to be riddled with controversy.

Local place celebrating 25 years.

They bring the meat to you. Must be eaten in bread like a sandwich. The winner is the person who eats the most kg. Dropped food will be counted.