These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[SCC-Lounge] Sophisticated Society of Arbitrageurs (ingame channel)

First post
Author
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#81 - 2013-06-28 22:25:56 UTC
Feanira Darr wrote:
like the ones that work for POS owners?


Not sure if you mean the take ranges within POS?

The thing I was referring to is the general take access ranges in the game. They could use a bit of tweaking..

So view is always 3-5 times the range of actual take. A useful thing in regards to looting.

With the Transport drones this would be boosted, and the added function they would also have was as a drone based tractor.

This would add a bit more variety in general. It might also help with regards to salvage profession.

Overall a big number crunching should be done regarding income streams and balance. To many areas are left deadish, and thus become a shelved or ignored mechanic.

Risk - Reward is more then just loosing materials its also very much about loosing time. Currently some of the worse of these are salvage and up till odysssey the exploration. We have already seen many bad balances effects, like the drone region gun-based mining. All these should be much better "measured" by ccp and tweaked in big or small ways to alliviate any problems.

Dave Stark
#82 - 2013-06-29 10:35:54 UTC
Feanira Darr wrote:
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Orca and Rorq needs a purpose boost, and a generalist nerf to fit these changes.

please expound your thoughts regarding the orca

if you think it could be split into industry/non industry versions, I would love you

if you want it to become all industry, I.... I can only hope that doesn't happen.


splitting the orca in to 2 ships is bad for several reasons.

1) if the orca no longer has the cargo space it further damages the balance of barges which is already heavily skewed towards king mackinaw, making it even worse because even with support the hulk will be less used because you've now gotta put one of your hulks in to a hauler since your orca can no longer haul and boost.

2) if the orca doesn't have it's cargo space why bring it on grid? which then makes even less sense to want to bring boosts on grid. it's just going to sit there on grid like dead weight. at least currently it's nice to have on grid boosts while mining because the boosting ship has a reason to be on grid.

3) if the orca loses it's boosting bonuses you just end up with a ship that beats all the t1 industrials no exception and that would basically invalidate all of the work rise etc put in to making the t1 industrials less ****. (i'd like to call t1 industrials good, but all they are good at is being cheap. except maybe the hoarder due to the strange interaction between ammo/charges and SMBs)
Rain6638
Team Evil
#83 - 2013-06-29 13:22:55 UTC
kinda because I was hoping for a war barge, that is more combat-oriented and could support, say, a PVE gang on-grid with remote reps.

though my orca pilots are nearly capable of it now. sadly, the ship is currently a little lacking in PG/CPU

[ 2013.06.21 09:52:05 ] (notify) For initiating combat your security status has been adjusted by -0.1337

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#84 - 2013-06-29 22:09:23 UTC
Rain6638 wrote:
kinda because I was hoping for a war barge, that is more combat-oriented and could support, say, a PVE gang on-grid with remote reps.

though my orca pilots are nearly capable of it now. sadly, the ship is currently a little lacking in PG/CPU


I think EVE need more buff/debuff and healer/crowd-control mechanics. The logistics and EW classes need a bit of a major upgrade.. Especially to make them a part of PVE.

That said PVE needs some severe tweaking and lateral integration aspects..

I think these things are all going up on the ccp wall these days, but first I think we are getting an industry and economic tweak, and hopefully some expansion that helps this on the UI side. S&I and POS.

The next itteration will be incarna I believe, when the WoD starts leaking..
Feanira Darr
Team Evil
#85 - 2013-06-29 22:39:03 UTC
I'm also OK with how PVE is currently. I'm hoping all the attention goes to the higher profile activities Lol

"Tibus Heth could also benefit from working 'The Plan'." -DMC

Nedly Stark
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#86 - 2013-06-30 09:07:36 UTC
I smoke a pipe, wear a monocle on Halloween, and I invest in sketchy Chinese petroleum companies IRL. Do I fit any criteria? I'm fond of geometry.
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#87 - 2013-06-30 20:08:41 UTC
Nedly Stark wrote:
I smoke a pipe, wear a monocle on Halloween, and I invest in sketchy Chinese petroleum companies IRL. Do I fit any criteria? I'm fond of geometry.


You had me at monocle!
Feanira Darr
Team Evil
#88 - 2013-07-01 03:56:43 UTC
monocles are bougie

"Tibus Heth could also benefit from working 'The Plan'." -DMC

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#89 - 2013-07-01 18:42:28 UTC
Feanira Darr wrote:
I'm also OK with how PVE is currently. I'm hoping all the attention goes to the higher profile activities Lol


OFC EVE needs to focus on P2P aspects of the game, but PVE is pretty vital as a background and resource for the emergent gameplay and the raw-materials in the game.

A lot better balancing on PVE and material faucets will be needed in the future tweaking and expansions of the game.
Rain6636
Team Evil
#90 - 2013-07-04 21:26:53 UTC
hey. high sec data sites give crap loot. but it's good for practice/learning how to do it.

I imagine the low/null data sites are good for getting your hind end shot off.

got the hang of 4/10 sites but lost the first one due to having the wrong gang, and the second one to having a slow gang. I think what i'm running now is just right--but i'm burned out atm, will continue later

o7
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#91 - 2013-07-09 16:57:31 UTC
Need more Quafe !
Hexxx
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#92 - 2013-07-09 18:54:08 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Need more Quafe !



Do you? Do you really? Do you know how many starving Amari orphan children could eat for a day at the cost a single Quafe? Pirate
Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#93 - 2013-07-09 19:32:26 UTC
Hexxx wrote:
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
Need more Quafe !



Do you? Do you really? Do you know how many starving Amari orphan children could eat for a day at the cost a single Quafe? Pirate


I thought Amarians just made their unfit children into Protein Delicacies. Maybe I should make a donation to some orphanage?

I do go through quite a lot of Quafe, I am beginning to wonder if they designed it to be addictive. Shocked

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#94 - 2013-07-13 20:49:43 UTC
Recently heard in the channel:

"lets put all our 1 man trading corps into 1 huge alliance. and declare it the richest in the game"...i liked it

/free bump

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Rhivre
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#95 - 2013-07-13 21:26:08 UTC
arabella blood wrote:
Recently heard in the channel:

"lets put all our 1 man trading corps into 1 huge alliance. and declare it the richest in the game"...i liked it

/free bump



Will we need to provide APIs, or will Excel graphs do?
arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#96 - 2013-07-13 22:00:04 UTC
I guess its based on wallet, so a screenshot should do Big smile

Chribba will be alliance leader.

But what would we gain on that?

well:
1. the alliance gives loans, you get back % equal to the % you gave + interest.
2. the alliance can manipulate the market...
3. i don't know it just makes sense.

its like the iron bank of braavos SmileSmile or something like bank of america...

besides, its the next evolution of the scc-lounge Shocked

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Samroski
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#97 - 2013-07-13 23:03:10 UTC
Rhivre wrote:
arabella blood wrote:
Recently heard in the channel:

"lets put all our 1 man trading corps into 1 huge alliance. and declare it the richest in the game"...i liked it

/free bump



Will we need to provide APIs, or will Excel graphs do?

Financial APIs should do. Please send to this character, along with 500m registration and processing fee, refundable on acceptance.

Any colour you like.

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#98 - 2013-07-13 23:22:43 UTC
arabella blood wrote:
I guess its based on wallet, so a screenshot should do Big smile

Chribba will be alliance leader.

But what would we gain on that?

well:
1. the alliance gives loans, you get back % equal to the % you gave + interest.
2. the alliance can manipulate the market...
3. i don't know it just makes sense.

its like the iron bank of braavos SmileSmile or something like bank of america...

besides, its the next evolution of the scc-lounge Shocked


So will this progress into real life somehow?

I mean can we have Chribba (Our alliance leader) evolve this business to Wall Street?

We should get Chribba a HFT server array. So we can take those alleged EVE trading bots and use them on Wall Street markets. :)

arabella blood
Keyboard Jihad
#99 - 2013-07-13 23:26:53 UTC
Caleb Ayrania wrote:
arabella blood wrote:
I guess its based on wallet, so a screenshot should do Big smile

Chribba will be alliance leader.

But what would we gain on that?

well:
1. the alliance gives loans, you get back % equal to the % you gave + interest.
2. the alliance can manipulate the market...
3. i don't know it just makes sense.

its like the iron bank of braavos SmileSmile or something like bank of america...

besides, its the next evolution of the scc-lounge Shocked


So will this progress into real life somehow?

I mean can we have Chribba (Our alliance leader) evolve this business to Wall Street?

We should get Chribba a HFT server array. So we can take those alleged EVE trading bots and use them on Wall Street markets. :)



Can't...EVE bots think they have 5 minutes brake between orders..too spoiled and lazy

Troll for hire. Cheap prices.

Caleb Ayrania
TarNec
Invisible Exchequer
#100 - 2013-07-13 23:28:27 UTC
arabella blood wrote:



Can't...EVE bots think they have 5 minutes brake between orders..too spoiled and lazy[/quote]

Change timer to nanoseconds in the code. Problem solved.