These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Odyssey Patch Speculation Thread

First post
Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#161 - 2013-05-10 12:10:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
Idol1 wrote:
People mine ice exactly because it's easy money. Make it a PITA to mine ice and no one is going to mine ice. It just won't be worth it. You can make much more money mining ore even now that the ice is endless. Put a limit on the amount of ice combined with a 4 hour possible wait time and no one is going to touch the stuff.

This, exactly.

Looking at a few of the ice fields in Caldari space over the past week, the smaller numbers suggests that some ice miners have already shifted back to ore in the hopes of getting ahead on BS production before Odyssey.

And, of course, after a few weeks of chasing anoms the "Can't Be Arsed" factor will climb steadily.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Idol1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#162 - 2013-05-10 18:16:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Idol1
Felicity Love wrote:
Idol1 wrote:
People mine ice exactly because it's easy money. Make it a PITA to mine ice and no one is going to mine ice. It just won't be worth it. You can make much more money mining ore even now that the ice is endless. Put a limit on the amount of ice combined with a 4 hour possible wait time and no one is going to touch the stuff.

This, exactly.

Looking at a few of the ice fields in Caldari space over the past week, the smaller numbers suggests that some ice miners have already shifted back to ore in the hopes of getting ahead on BS production before Odyssey.

And, of course, after a few weeks of chasing anoms the "Can't Be Arsed" factor will climb steadily.

Miners will scatter to the wind in search of a system to mine. Far far away from any ice field.
Nyancat Audeles
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2013-05-11 00:59:43 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Bling BlingBling wrote:
Succubi & Phantasms. Guaranteed Pirate Cruisers are next up on the re balance schedule.

The devs seemed to have no idea about those ships at fanfest. I'd be very surprised if they're boosted in the next 2-3 iterations.

-Liang

Also, keep in mind that these ships are insanely expensive and have little utility. Even if CCP buffs these ships, they are probably going to increase drop rates by quite a bit.
Danni stark
#164 - 2013-05-11 11:12:54 UTC
Idol1 wrote:
Miners will scatter to the wind in search of a system to mine. Far far away from any ice field.

considering the isk/hour difference between ice and ore, i'll wager they'll either mine ore until anoms respawn, or do something else, i doubt people will roam around looking for ice anoms.

especially in systems with multiple anoms where respawns will be as frequent as 2hrs or so due to multiple anoms spawning.
Idol1
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#165 - 2013-05-14 19:58:33 UTC
The question is where they are going to find ore to mine. Assuming most miners are going to mine ore when the ice is not up, how long before all the systems around an ice system are depleted?

So essentially people will go from AFK ice mining to flying around to find anything to mine at all? Gonna be rough.
Kadl
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#166 - 2013-05-14 20:47:07 UTC
Idol1 wrote:

Doesn't this just mean that the price of ice needs to rise to the levels of the price of ore? It seems like speculation as to how much of an increase is needed is already being done on the market, although they may be wrong (thus it is speculation).
Drachiel
Mercury LLC
#167 - 2013-05-15 05:42:34 UTC
Navy Geddons will go up. I know of a few alliances seriously EFT warrioring Navy Geddon doctrines.
Samroski
Middle-Earth
#168 - 2013-05-18 19:51:54 UTC
I think this ice stuff is really a T2 BPO buff.

Increased POS running costs are likely to result in increased T2 production costs, and in better margins when producing off T2 BPOs.

I am aware that many T2 BPOs are collector items and never produced off. Still, the perception of better profits will only drive their price further up. The prices (in my perception) have doubled anyway over the last year, and no end appears in sight.

Any colour you like.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#169 - 2013-06-03 17:04:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rain6637
I did this and fitted them with 2x T2 CCC, 1x T1 CCC each.

will be offering a quarter bil finders fee to players who convince others it's a good deal post-odyssey.

I would've gone with archons, but the pitch of "cap stable mission carrier" with drone damage bonus seemed a little easier to make the flip... eg nubs with purchased carrier pilots and a six pack of plex is more viable than C5/C6 site runners using T2 CCC Archons.

not saying it's the best idea ever. i just need help finding 12 players who want to buy. each of the ships can be blindly undocked looking for a mission agent, for all I care. and if they ask if I can cyno them somewhere, you bet your ass I know exactly who they're getting cyno'd to :-D

prior to this all that ISK was in high sec mission shinies... but if this works out I'm pretty sure I've left that gameplay behind forever. ...aside from leisurely lvl4 lolmissions in harpys

I'm looking to turn 15bil into 30, with no market experience at this point, but I'd like to develop some. I'll be lurking market discussions a lot more.

Vaerah if you read this I want to say thank you for your blogs, I find them very interesting and informative, and I refer others to them regularly.
Rain6639
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#170 - 2013-06-06 03:22:33 UTC
gotta admit, it's unsettling that nobody has anything to say about my previous post. no trolling, or anything.

I wonder if this is one of those cases where I can't spot the fool.
Samroski
Middle-Earth
#171 - 2013-06-06 08:13:24 UTC
Rain6639 wrote:
gotta admit, it's unsettling that nobody has anything to say about my previous post. no trolling, or anything.

I wonder if this is one of those cases where I can't spot the fool.

I think model 6639 is definitely hotter and more likely to convince people to buy the ships.

I'm a capital ship noob (both flying and selling), thus my opinion may have little value, but generally it is easier to sell un-rigged ships. Rigging them before selling limits your clientele by a BIG percentage. There is generally no standard way of rigging ships, and everyone wants to do their own thing (though I have seen some carrier fits with CCCs).

Unless there has been a buff to this ship, or to drones, or other stuff that the ship uses, it may be difficult to convince people that your items are a good buy/investment post Odyssey.

Best of luck, and hope your plan works.

Any colour you like.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#172 - 2013-06-06 14:21:14 UTC
you know, you're right.

I had a brilliant idea.

I'm going to scour killboards and look for T2 CCC fit thanny losses and ask if they'd be interested in a replacement. Big smile
Samroski
Middle-Earth
#173 - 2013-06-06 15:02:53 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
you know, you're right.

I had a brilliant idea.

I'm going to scour killboards and look for T2 CCC fit thanny losses and ask if they'd be interested in a replacement. Big smile

so do I get the cut?

Any colour you like.

Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#174 - 2013-06-06 15:50:42 UTC