These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Log on camps Illegal or not?

Author
Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#61 - 2013-03-29 04:08:29 UTC
Let's start banning people for logging in.

No

Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#62 - 2013-03-29 06:46:29 UTC
Oswald Bolke wrote:
Honestly, I think they should be...have a scout waiting with 9 people offline ready to log in and insta undock? there is no real counter for this, you can't see them on local so all you can do is suddenly get ganked hard.

A good player would be able to see local and notice a spike, but you window is so short because everybody almost instantly undocks after being in a totally invisible state

I would like to take this opportunity to express my honest disgust and depracation in your direction and hope I deeply insult You when I say people like You are the residuum of New Eden.
AND
One needs to be dumb as bread (I wanted to write poop but then this would be deleted) to play station games at all. If one plays them without backup even bread is cleverer.
You are pathetic.

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

Oswald Bolke
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2013-04-01 15:53:50 UTC
Corey Fumimasa wrote:
Oswald Bolke wrote:

kill link

still cant see why some damage was "unknown"

Augoror seems like an odd choice for you guys. I would have guessed Exequror or Scythe.

And only 4 guys jumped you? Ha took this mess to bring me down http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=16856155 Big smile

FS, have fun, and learn from your losses. Maybe set an insta undock in any kickout station.

o/

I was doing armor reps. But I'm thinking about a MWD on my new fit, just so I could get away, I doidn't have the speed to run before
Capqu
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#64 - 2013-04-01 15:58:55 UTC
yet another thread showing how absurdly reliant the general eve population has become on the infallible "local" as an intel tool
Corey Fumimasa
The Organization of Thunder and Lightning
#65 - 2013-04-01 16:15:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Corey Fumimasa
Oswald Bolke wrote:

I was doing armor reps. But I'm thinking about a MWD on my new fit, just so I could get away, I doidn't have the speed to run before

Yeah, most logi fits I have seen run MWD. Unless the fleet doctrine is specifically AB.

You could drop a cap transfer and put a cloak in, with a 10mn mwd you can do the cloak mwd trick which will get you through 99% of all empire gate camps, and buy you a few seconds if you have to crash a bubble camp. Is also good if you have to afk for a few.

I often install a sensor booster along with this to make up for the gimped scan resolution. And a cap mod or two will help make up for the lost cap transfer chain. In a scythe or Exequror you don't even need the cap mods, but you are down to just 2 reppers.

Your fit in the KM looks like the fleet fit I use. But when I'm just running around or looking for pick-up fleets I usually run with less repping power and more sneakability. Just because no one is getting reps if the logi gets blown up 2 systems out.
Whitehound
#66 - 2013-04-01 17:49:37 UTC
I do agree that it is a desperate tactic, but I do not know of any mechanics that are being made redundant by it. They do show up in local as soon as they come online and so could have just jumped in.

Loss is meaningful. Therefore is the loss of meaning likewise meaningful. It is the source of all trolling.