These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] Faction Navy Cruisers

First post First post
Author
Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#501 - 2013-04-06 18:01:03 UTC
Umega wrote:
5-5-5 on something that moves like an AF. Any vets of the current scythe know what I mean.. it's like comparing the mach to the rest of its same class in terms of overall mobility. Dual-prop + TD + 90 sig + one of fastest cruisers in game.. now able to completely utalize missiles, in omni fashion rather than only kin. HP buff too boot.. right...

HUSH

Stop spreading my plan.. Let the poor bastards do their shield tanks.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#502 - 2013-04-06 18:58:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Bi-Mi Lansatha
Johnson Oramara wrote:

Yes, it's important i understand that but i need to see some numbers that include speed factor also... those pesky frigs tend to be usually moving quite fast Lol

Even then i don't see them hitting really anything with mwd on. Let's say a navy slicer is pointing and orbiting you at 18km with mwd on, there's nothing really you can do while every single other t1 and faction cruiser has atleast option for ecm drones...
You do have to 'grab' them... that is true. Blink

Also, all the bonuses apply to Heavy Missiles also.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#503 - 2013-04-06 22:44:26 UTC
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Will the Navy Faction Scythe, Augorer, Osprey, and Exequeror all have their LP cost brought up from 30k to 45k? Maybe get a blueprint variant as well?
No, the better question is whether the LP cost of the VNI, ONI, SFI, and CNI be reduced to 30k? :D
Zarnak Wulf
Task Force 641
Empyrean Edict
#504 - 2013-04-06 23:26:42 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Zarnak Wulf wrote:
Will the Navy Faction Scythe, Augorer, Osprey, and Exequeror all have their LP cost brought up from 30k to 45k? Maybe get a blueprint variant as well?
No, the better question is whether the LP cost of the VNI, ONI, SFI, and CNI be reduced to 30k? :D

I have 15 Navy Augs on the market in Amarr. Shhh! Blink
Soon Shin
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#505 - 2013-04-07 05:50:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Soon Shin
Seriously in all, why the **** would i bother flying a dam Omen Navy Issue if the zealot is going to be so much better than it.

Not to mention the Tech 1 Omen outdpses it.

The range bonus at the cost of significant loss of dps really kills it.
Takanuro
Red Sky Morning
The Amarr Militia.
#506 - 2013-04-07 06:54:44 UTC
Quote:
Omen Navy Issue: Turning this ship into a much more mobile ship with an optimal bonus, much like a giant Slicer.
Cruiser skill bonuses:
10% bonus to Medium Energy Turret damage
10% bonus to Medium Energy Turret optimal range
Slot layout: 5(-1) H, 3 M, 7 L, 4(-1) turrets
Fittings: 965 PWG, 335 CPU
Defense (shields / armor / hull) : 1800(-416) / 2250(-463) / 2250(-428)
Shield Recharge Time: 1250s(-500s)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 1650(+25) / 520s(+55.9s) / 3.17(-0.3)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 265(+73) / 0.43(-0.11) / 10850000(-800,000) / 6.47s(-2.25)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50(+25) / 50(+25)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 57.5km(+12.5) / 320(+27) / 7(-1)
Sensor strength: 17(+1) Radar
Signature radius: 100(-12)
Cargo capacity: 400(+150)

Navy Omen Attributes currently state that Armor is 3,013, if you are going to drop it 463 then it should be 2,550?

Taka.

Yes, we're going to die, but you're coming with us!

Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#507 - 2013-04-07 07:58:15 UTC
Scythe Fleet Issue Is going to be horrible.

Nice balance.
Din Tempre
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#508 - 2013-04-07 12:50:55 UTC
Caracal Navy Issue: Finds a niche as the heavier version of the Caracal, more suited to brawling than kiting.
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 250(+2) / 0.465(+0.02) / 10810000(+1,000,000) / 6.97s(+0.92)

... so you made it a short range Cerb. Is this just to protect the niche of the missile destroyers because I was really happy with the anti-frig cruiser as is.
Shadragk Spellbound
#509 - 2013-04-07 16:16:41 UTC
Please don't change the Omen Navy Issue. I love to fly this Ship solo and I love the design of the omen. It isthe most beautiful ship. I would be really disapointed, if this ship would be changed and need to switch to another ship. I might consider not to continue playing this game. When i started playing this game, the navy omen was the ship I wanted to fly. PLEASE DO NOT WEAKEN IT!
Hannott Thanos
Notorious Legion
#510 - 2013-04-07 20:00:38 UTC
Diesel47 wrote:
Scythe Fleet Issue Is going to be horrible.

Nice balance.

Except that it's gonna be awesome.

Nice balance.

See what I did there? It's an opinion not backed up by reason or facts. Try again

while (CurrentSelectedTarget.Status == ShipStatus.Alive) {

_myShip.FireAllGuns(CurrentSelectedTarget);

}

nubile slave
Advanced Weapon Supplement League
Fraternity.
#511 - 2013-04-07 21:50:10 UTC
I'm unclear as to how you can make this statement, after ruining the ship....

"Stabber Fleet Issue: Role stays the same, as this ship works very well. Overall the mass increase means a decrease in power but it will remain a very strong ship."

Adding mass to a fast tackle, kiting ship is not really keeping it's role...is it?

Garviel Tarrant
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#512 - 2013-04-08 09:32:23 UTC
nubile slave wrote:
I'm unclear as to how you can make this statement, after ruining the ship....

"Stabber Fleet Issue: Role stays the same, as this ship works very well. Overall the mass increase means a decrease in power but it will remain a very strong ship."

Adding mass to a fast tackle, kiting ship is not really keeping it's role...is it?

SFI isn't a kiting ship

Stop being bad.

BYDI recruitment closed-ish

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#513 - 2013-04-08 10:04:46 UTC
Takanuro wrote:
Quote:
Omen Navy Issue: Turning this ship into a much more mobile ship with an optimal bonus, much like a giant Slicer.
Cruiser skill bonuses:
10% bonus to Medium Energy Turret damage
10% bonus to Medium Energy Turret optimal range
Slot layout: 5(-1) H, 3 M, 7 L, 4(-1) turrets
Fittings: 965 PWG, 335 CPU
Shield Recharge Time: 1250s(-500s)
Capacitor (amount / recharge rate / average cap per second): 1650(+25) / 520s(+55.9s) / 3.17(-0.3)
Mobility (max velocity / agility / mass / align time): 265(+73) / 0.43(-0.11) / 10850000(-800,000) / 6.47s(-2.25)
Drones (bandwidth / bay): 50(+25) / 50(+25)
Targeting (max targeting range / Scan Resolution / Max Locked targets): 57.5km(+12.5) / 320(+27) / 7(-1)
Sensor strength: 17(+1) Radar
Signature radius: 100(-12)
Cargo capacity: 400(+150)

Navy Omen Attributes currently state that Armor is 3,013, if you are going to drop it 463 then it should be 2,550?

Taka.

You're absolutely right. It's actually 2,550 the 2 is a typo. Correcting now in the OP.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#514 - 2013-04-08 13:59:01 UTC
Hey everyone, thanks for all the feedback so far. We're working hard to get these onto the test server for you all to try out. It's not quite ready to go yet but we'll be providing more updates as we get closer.

The big concerns I'm seeing so far surround the Scythe, Omen and Stabber, so I want to discuss them briefly.

With the Scythe, we've been seeing concern from people who think it's too weak and people who think its too strong. I believe that the Scythe Fleet Issue an extremely powerful ship in its proposed form, although I understand that the unusual bonuses can make it hard to read. The ability to field 8 effective turrets or 6 effective launchers with fully selectable capless damage (and with a utility high to boot) on a ship that fast and small has some extreme potential. The tight fittings helps keep it in line but I am concerned that it may be too strong. We'll be re-evaluating once we get it out for public testing.

With the Omen, I can completely understand where a lot of the expressed unhappyness is coming from. So far when we've given ships entirely new roles we have usually used ships that previously have no good uses. The Omen Navy Issue is viable right now, and this role is a large departure for it, but choosing it wasn't an accident. I believe that the extra speed and agility combined with the range bonus will create a strong and fun ship to fly, even with weaker damage per second than its T1 counterpart. People looking for an excellent brawling cruiser from the Amarr linup may be interested in the new Navy Augoror. As well, part of the concern may have been exacerbated by my typo that had originally showed the Navy Omen with too little armor hitpoints. All this being said, this is another ship we're going to be watching very closely and rest assured that if it is underperforming during public testing we will take all necessary measures.

As for the Stabber Fleet Issue, it is important to remember that it is not intended to simply be a higher Hp version of the normal Stabber. Its role has been long established as a flexible and fast brawler, using the stellar tracking, good hp and sig. It can be fit for speed and kiting, although those uses rely more heavily on surprise than on the actual ship bonuses. When it comes to hitpoints and mobility it actually has a lot more in common with the Rupture than the Stabber, which we know can be confusing but is something that we don't consider a big enough problem to warrant changing its hull.

Also I'll go ahead and let you guys know that we'll be normalizing the LP costs of these ships at the old "Tier 3" Navy Cruiser values (Which is something I think most of you have already guessed).

Omnathious Deninard
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#515 - 2013-04-08 14:06:52 UTC
Since the Navy Vexor is now a dedicated drone ship are there any plans to look at the unreasonably high CPU needs of drone modules and rigs, or giving the ship some more CPU?

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#516 - 2013-04-08 14:10:51 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Since the Navy Vexor is now a dedicated drone ship are there any plans to look at the unreasonably high CPU needs of drone modules and rigs, or giving the ship some more CPU?

Adjusting the DLAs a bit may be possible, but I'd have to take a closer look at the potential consequences.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#517 - 2013-04-08 14:12:34 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

With the Scythe, we've been seeing concern from people who think it's too weak and people who think its too strong. I believe that the Scythe Fleet Issue an extremely powerful ship in its proposed form, although I understand that the unusual bonuses can make it hard to read. The ability to field 8 effective turrets or 6 effective launchers with fully selectable capless damage (and with a utility high to boot) on a ship that fast and small has some extreme potential. The tight fittings helps keep it in line but I am concerned that it may be too strong. We'll be re-evaluating once we get it out for public testing.

Why doesn't it have equal bonuses to missiles and projectiles? Makes no sense. Do you think missiles are better than autocannons or something?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#518 - 2013-04-08 14:14:21 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Why doesn't it have equal bonuses to missiles and projectiles? Makes no sense. Do you think missiles are better than autocannons or something?

In this case, as a match with the ship's speed and flight style, yes.

TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#519 - 2013-04-08 14:14:45 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Adjusting the DLAs a bit may be possible, but I'd have to take a closer look at the potential consequences.

How about better drone navigation mods, with tracking bonuses to compensate for the faster orbit?
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#520 - 2013-04-08 14:15:58 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

How about better drone navigation mods, with tracking bonuses to compensate for the faster orbit?

Tracking isn't the primary issue with faster drones, it's the server's ability to keep up with them.