These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey] T1 Cruiser Polish Pass

First post
Author
chatgris
Quantum Cats Syndicate
Villore Accords
#21 - 2013-03-27 17:37:14 UTC
Boris Amarr wrote:
What about rebalancing Navy Omen? Now Navy Omen costs a lot but in comparison with omen is gloomy. Navy Omen need speed like Omen has and drone bay.

I am also looking forward to the faction cruisers being useful again, but that's in the queue IIRC from Fozzie's previous posts.
Tsubutai
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2013-03-27 17:43:28 UTC
The stabber change is much needed. However, while the omen change is nice (no one's gonna say no to more speed/maneuverability), its real issues stem from its fitting, capacitor, and slot layout. Giving it a fourth mid so it can fit point/web/injector or just more generous base cap would go a long way to making it more attractive.
Mariner6
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-03-27 17:44:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mariner6
This is cool, the awesome Omen just got better. But of course the TE change will tone it down a bit.Sad Yep only, 10K EHP and yet this ridiculous boat I find survives more fights than any other cruiser T1 Cruiser I've flown. 2500m/s! 343dps at 29+8.2. Give it a try. This change will make it even better.

[Omen, Man Tank]
Damage Control II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Overdrive Injector System II (because the nano kills what little tank you have.)

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400

Heavy Pulse Laser II, Scorch M

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Energy Collision Accelerator I
Medium Auxiliary Thrusters I

Hornet EC-300 x5
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Top Belt for Fun
#24 - 2013-03-27 17:49:25 UTC
I approve. I don't know how the TE changes will shake out with these guys in mind, but it might just be a wash because TEs nerf everyone equally.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Mariner6
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-27 17:55:20 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
I approve. I don't know how the TE changes will shake out with these guys in mind, but it might just be a wash because TEs nerf everyone equally.

-Liang

Not really, looks like they buffed the stabber's fall off to compensate for the TE nerf, leaving it in a very nice spot. Plus the full flight of drones.... It will be very nice now and quite the tackle killer.

And of course missile boats vs gun boat range comparison such as HAM caracal vs gun boat kite fit cruiser is way off now ......
mynnna
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-03-27 18:02:02 UTC  |  Edited by: mynnna
MeBiatch wrote:
that lower mass on the omen whats its max speed with a mwd on now? seems like it will be pretty good now...

not sure the stabber needed 5 lights perhaps 3 max tbh...

With max skills and no other speed modules (or armor modules) it goes 1948m/s right now. That'll bump to 2009 with the mass reduction, so it gains about 50m/s.

By comparison to the other attack cruisers, a Thorax (with no armor rigs/modules) goes 2028m/s, a Caracal goes 1881m/s, and a Stabber goes 2435.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#27 - 2013-03-27 18:02:12 UTC
Seems pretty good overall, although I think the maller could use a touch more capacitor and all the logi cruisers a touch less.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
The Gurlstas Associates
#28 - 2013-03-27 18:06:18 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
Boris Amarr wrote:
What about rebalancing Navy Omen? Now Navy Omen costs a lot but in comparison with omen is gloomy. Navy Omen need speed like Omen has and drone bay.

They will do navy ships after the T1 ships or somewhere in that area, but not just because they rebalanced a T1 hull that has a navy variant.
You should take this opportunity to capitalize on the poor navy hulls, then when they become good sell for huge profit.

I stand corrected.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Escobar Slim III
YOLOSWAGHASHTAGDOLLARBILLZSWIMMINGPOOLICECREAMS
#29 - 2013-03-27 18:08:00 UTC
FIRST.
Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#30 - 2013-03-27 18:16:44 UTC
Thank you kindly for giving the stabber a bit more bite. *Salute*
Luc Chastot
#31 - 2013-03-27 18:18:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Luc Chastot
I really hope drone boats are given something special, something that really makes them feel like drone boats as opposed to "ships with drones", because now everyone and their dog has them.

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-03-27 18:31:25 UTC
Gonna buy a few hundred thousand stabbers now :)

But I am forced to say regarding to the stabber drones. " WE TOLD YOU!!! WE TOLD you that drones would be needed ;)" !!!!

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Psihius
Perkone
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-03-27 18:31:43 UTC
That Navy Vexor, my precious! Gotta start to fly that one!
Randy Wray
Warcrows
Shattered Foundations
#34 - 2013-03-27 18:33:18 UTC
After much effort put into the original attack cruiser thread it feels good to see the stabber finally getting its buffs.

Solo Pvper in all areas of space including wormhole space. Check out my youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd6M3xV43Af-3E1ds0tTyew/feed for mostly small scale pvp in lowsec/nullsec

twitch.tv/randywray

Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#35 - 2013-03-27 18:50:18 UTC
Some of the T1 logistics cruiser could do with being a bit squishier in addition to being easier to impair with Ewar. Especially once you factor in warfare links, some of them can tank nearly as well as the ships they are repairing (Augoror and Exequror both have EHP similar to that of an attack cruiser).
Kontract Killa
256th Shadow Wing
Phantom-Recon
#36 - 2013-03-27 19:02:55 UTC
Omnathious Deninard wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Stabber:
+25m3 Dronebay and 25mbit bandwidth

More drone bays for ships again? The drone ships are looking less land less attractive each patch.

I welcome more drone bays.
Davion Falcon
Those Once Loyal
#37 - 2013-03-27 19:14:33 UTC
The new Stabber still has **** damage at range.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise. Never forgotten, never forgiven.

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#38 - 2013-03-27 19:15:54 UTC
just for consistency reasons. The description of the omen should say +5% ROF bonus. If you want to keep -5% you would have to call it "weapon cycle time" or something similar. Thats very unintuitive for new players since eve has those things wrong in multiple paces.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2013-03-27 19:24:29 UTC
The stabber buff is very fitting.

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Sven Viko VIkolander
Allemannsrett
#40 - 2013-03-27 19:29:19 UTC
ECM does not really need indirect buffs, unless you plan to re-do it for the expansion. I'd like to see T1 logistics a bit weaker in other ways, not ECM susceptibility. T1 crusiers are also too good against frigates atm IMO. Frigs seemed to get tracked far too easily by any size gun atm which has made the frig -> cruiser gap larger than ever...not exactly a welcome state for newer players.