These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EvE Online: Odyssey!!!

First post
Author
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#41 - 2013-03-23 21:09:45 UTC
Vera Algaert wrote:
Derdrom Utida wrote:
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

As a full-time explorer, this is the best possible news to me.

CCP I LOVE YOU SO HARD

more competition will don you so much good, right?

That's kind of the good thing about scannable content... it respawns in short order.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#42 - 2013-03-23 21:10:46 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
Fix Lag wrote:
Thanks for finally paying the slightest bit of attention to nullsec sovereignty mechanics

oh wait


CCP only cares about highsec



This was tired even 2 years ago.

Try harder.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Dave Stark
#43 - 2013-03-23 21:10:59 UTC
Falin Whalen wrote:
Quote:
A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…

Oh, hey look, more buggered, useless, exploration sites, some useless stuff for highsec industrialists to wet their panties over, and they will totally screw up the loot table yet again.
[sarcasm]
Yippee!
[/sarcasm]


guess you missed the bit about it being null sec too?
Nightlund Audeles
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-03-23 21:14:26 UTC
iskflakes wrote:
I'm not impressed yet, but we need to wait and see the details.

Maybe we'll get the long awaited removal of subcaps and highsec that the game so desperately needs.


I am sorry did you say removal of highsec? ROFL!!! Surely you have gone mad.
Orlacc
#45 - 2013-03-23 21:16:16 UTC
2D exploration and every can has a prize!

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Falin Whalen
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#46 - 2013-03-23 21:16:33 UTC
Skurja Volpar wrote:
Well, saturation of explorers in high might be a good incentive to get people playing elsewhere.

AH, hahahahaha, you're funny.

"it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

Din Tempre
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#47 - 2013-03-23 21:18:01 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Blake Gates Heleneto wrote:
They may have outdone themselves.


webpages are cheap; let's see the changelog.


[more dust stuff]


Lol, as if that would be any longer.

  • Two new* maps
  • Three new* weapons
  • More new* equipment

  • *not really new, but merely returning or slightly tweaked of existing.
    Warcalibre
    NovaTech Holdings
    #48 - 2013-03-23 21:26:18 UTC
    Glad to see they are fixing null and revamping drones and drone UI.

    Wait...

    /wrist
    Falin Whalen
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #49 - 2013-03-23 21:30:07 UTC
    Dave Stark wrote:
    Falin Whalen wrote:
    Quote:
    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…

    Oh, hey look, more buggered, useless, exploration sites, some useless stuff for highsec industrialists to wet their panties over, and they will totally screw up the loot table yet again.
    [sarcasm]
    Yippee!
    [/sarcasm]


    guess you missed the bit about it being null sec too?

    Well I guess we can run them after the RADAR, GRAVAMETRIC, and LADAR sites...oh hey wait a minute, those are all terrible to do too.

    "it's only because of their stupidity that they're able to be so sure of themselves." The Trial - Franz Kafka 

    Zak Breen
    Breen Enterprises
    #50 - 2013-03-23 21:30:35 UTC
    inb4 EVE is dying and the inevitable bitching that comes along with this

    Maturity, one discovers, has everything to do with the acceptance of not knowing. http://www.di.fm/spacemusic

    baltec1
    Bat Country
    Pandemic Horde
    #51 - 2013-03-23 21:33:29 UTC
    Things and such!
    Solstice Project
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #52 - 2013-03-23 21:39:01 UTC
    I Love Boobies wrote:
    Holding off on an opinion until more details are released. Blink
    I've said it before and i'll say it again ...
    ... your picture is really good ! :D
    Dave Stark
    #53 - 2013-03-23 21:44:45 UTC
    Falin Whalen wrote:
    Dave Stark wrote:
    Falin Whalen wrote:
    Quote:
    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…

    Oh, hey look, more buggered, useless, exploration sites, some useless stuff for highsec industrialists to wet their panties over, and they will totally screw up the loot table yet again.
    [sarcasm]
    Yippee!
    [/sarcasm]


    guess you missed the bit about it being null sec too?

    Well I guess we can run them after the RADAR, GRAVAMETRIC, and LADAR sites...oh hey wait a minute, those are all terrible to do too.


    oh you cynic you.
    CCP BunnyVirus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #54 - 2013-03-23 21:53:04 UTC
    Unezka Turigahl wrote:
    CCP wrote:
    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…



    I'm calling it here, 4/10 loot tables are being nerfed. P




    will make sure 4/10 will get nerfed just for you :d

    3D Artist

    Pertuabo Enkidgan
    Center for Advanced Studies
    Gallente Federation
    #55 - 2013-03-23 21:54:17 UTC
    CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
    Unezka Turigahl wrote:
    CCP wrote:
    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…



    I'm calling it here, 4/10 loot tables are being nerfed. P




    will make sure 4/10 will get nerfed just for you :d

    lawl
    Katran Luftschreck
    Royal Ammatar Engineering Corps
    #56 - 2013-03-23 21:55:15 UTC
    "Discovery Scanner

    Using this new system, more pilots will reveal the hidden secrets of the EVE Universe. Beautiful new visuals, customizable controls and new functionality have been added to encourage the adventurer in everyone."

    Translation: We're dumbing down exploration for the geometrically challenged. By lowering the IQ bar we hope to get more DUST players into EvE.


    "A New "Spacescape"

    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…"

    Translation: We're adding a new officer module that give +20% to Margin Trading.


    "The Little Things

    Continued development towards raising accessibility without removing functionality will bring dozens of changes to player-owned starbases, game UI and beyond."

    Translation: We're changing the interface again, without any player input again, and will ignore all player feedback again after we've done it.


    "The War Machines

    Forged by the lessons learned from countless combat pilots, the four factions will issue forth with the latest tools of war and re-designs of old favorites - ships as awe-inspiring as they are deadly."

    Translation: Pirate faction rookie ships! Buy yours today, only 250,000,000ISK each! Tomorrow they'll be going for 5,000ISK but so what? Buy moar PLEX, plebs!

    "The Storyline Continued

    The shared EVE Universe storyline continues to evolve following the Battle for Caldari Prime, with participatory events spawning unique player stories in two games at once."

    Translation: We're going to keep driving our story train down these rails and you're welcome to continue watching & pretending that you're actually a part of it as we, the Almighty Devs, continue to act out our scripts as planned.


    http://youtu.be/t0q2F8NsYQ0

    Solstice Project
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #57 - 2013-03-23 21:56:42 UTC
    I'll give it a try too.

    Remind yourself that there's a huge amount of space to be seen,
    in the solar system view of the probe ui.

    Every pilot has his own spawnrate, but spawns grudually pay less,
    depending of the sec of a system. Deeper space pays better,
    but isn't covered by CONCORD, sentries or at all.

    That way, more frequented systems add additional open space.
    Ranges would need to be increased, for warp into deeper space.
    Needs an optical revamp of the probing systems. (scroll in/out?) (higher ranged probes)

    Once you've probed and bookmarked said place, if it's empty ... it's your space. (relatively speaking)
    POS in deep space, maybe ? (nah ... or ?)


    I have no idea, but the two sandwiches i had tasted quite okay.
    Krixtal Icefluxor
    INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
    #58 - 2013-03-23 21:56:50 UTC
    Katran Luftschreck wrote:
    "Discovery Scanner

    Using this new system, more pilots will reveal the hidden secrets of the EVE Universe. Beautiful new visuals, customizable controls and new functionality have been added to encourage the adventurer in everyone."

    Translation: We're dumbing down exploration for the geometrically challenged. By lowering the IQ bar we hope to get more DUST players into EvE.


    "A New "Spacescape"

    A rebalance of major areas of space from highsec to nullsec include changes in exploration sites, industrial resources, some types of NPC loot and more…"

    Translation: We're adding a new officer module that give +20% to Margin Trading.


    "The Little Things

    Continued development towards raising accessibility without removing functionality will bring dozens of changes to player-owned starbases, game UI and beyond."

    Translation: We're changing the interface again, without any player input again, and will ignore all player feedback again after we've done it.


    "The War Machines

    Forged by the lessons learned from countless combat pilots, the four factions will issue forth with the latest tools of war and re-designs of old favorites - ships as awe-inspiring as they are deadly."

    Translation: Pirate faction rookie ships! Buy yours today, only 250,000,000ISK each! Tomorrow they'll be going for 5,000ISK but so what? Buy moar PLEX, plebs!

    "The Storyline Continued

    The shared EVE Universe storyline continues to evolve following the Battle for Caldari Prime, with participatory events spawning unique player stories in two games at once."

    Translation: We're going to keep driving our story train down these rails and you're welcome to continue watching & pretending that you're actually a part of it as we, the Almighty Devs, continue to act out our scripts as planned.




    It's sad when people pretend to have psychic powers.

    "He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

    Sobach
    Aliastra
    Gallente Federation
    #59 - 2013-03-23 21:57:59 UTC
    Katran Luftschreck wrote:
    stuff



    Translation: WHIIIIIINNNNNNNEEEEEEE
    marVLs
    #60 - 2013-03-23 22:01:54 UTC
    I hope new hangars, V3 stations and gates, real new cool explosions will hit with this expansion Roll