These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EvE Online: Odyssey!!!

First post
Author
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#561 - 2013-04-01 05:42:15 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

this is not true. take a T1 scan frig, make a safe, drop probes and cloak with a T1 cloak while you probe. switch to your pve ship, make sure scan probes are on your overview setting, set dscan to use current overview settings and click it occasionally. watch local and warp out if you see probes on dscan, you'll be fine

My skills can barely handle level 3 missions -- why I'm posting here on the forums -- skilling just enough combat skills before a month of Production Efficiency V; Refinery Efficiency V; Metallurgy V to have *something* to do (want perfect refines).

When I scanned a high-sec site -- http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Gurista_Vigil -- it turned out to be one that cost me a Caracal. So if high-sec exploration rat sites are that tough, low-sec isn't going to be any easier...and I can't spare the skill training time for PvP skills to level up for a BS (which is what destroyed the cruiser). Only after I get my indy/research skills up will I train for it.

PvPers have indy alts, PvErs have indy mains.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Nar Tha
Doomheim
#562 - 2013-04-01 11:30:37 UTC
Netheus Soubar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#563 - 2013-04-01 12:34:27 UTC
Quote:
A re-imagined scanning system, intuitive navigation and new exploration modules will aid you [...]

The bold-underlined part is the high order bit for me. I'm intrigued as to what it refers to. User interface? Ship navigation? Both? Or does this relate to 'scanning navigation' (what ever that would be) ?
Dave stark
#564 - 2013-04-01 13:04:23 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/31/eve-evolved-eves-odyssey-expansion-could-be-incredible/

i hope the gnosis isn't one of those ships that will be given out, and never undocked because it's irreplaceable.
Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#565 - 2013-04-01 13:24:07 UTC
Nar Tha wrote:
http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/31/eve-evolved-eves-odyssey-expansion-could-be-incredible/

I'm kinda disappointed I got no credit for this... I couldn't find anyone who noticed it before me... Cry
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#566 - 2013-04-01 13:44:25 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

this is not true. take a T1 scan frig, make a safe, drop probes and cloak with a T1 cloak while you probe. switch to your pve ship, make sure scan probes are on your overview setting, set dscan to use current overview settings and click it occasionally. watch local and warp out if you see probes on dscan, you'll be fine

My skills can barely handle level 3 missions -- why I'm posting here on the forums -- skilling just enough combat skills before a month of Production Efficiency V; Refinery Efficiency V; Metallurgy V to have *something* to do (want perfect refines).

When I scanned a high-sec site -- http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Gurista_Vigil -- it turned out to be one that cost me a Caracal. So if high-sec exploration rat sites are that tough, low-sec isn't going to be any easier...and I can't spare the skill training time for PvP skills to level up for a BS (which is what destroyed the cruiser). Only after I get my indy/research skills up will I train for it.

Have you considered the possibility that your actual skills and knowledge also need improving? A hi-sec plex should definitely be doable in a correctly fitted & flown caracal.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Benny Ohu
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#567 - 2013-04-01 13:55:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Benny Ohu
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

Get Production Efficiency V, but don't bother for perfect refine - it's not the holy grail of mining some make it out to be, especially if you're only a few months old. Frankly, going for it now will have you burn out on EVE before you start having any fun, and there's no point training long skills ~for perfection~ when there's a short skill that'll be useful. A cruiser or battlecruiser are usually well enough for most lowsec combat sites, and non-combat sites are doable in a destroyer or a cruiser before heading back to station for a salvager or codebreaker.

(mining is for poors and when you're watching tv, it's tedious and e: comparatively unprofitable and 2% more of jack is still jack)

e: then again i mine on an alt occasionally because i'm a poor/lazy :(
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#568 - 2013-04-01 13:57:05 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
[quote=Ace Uoweme]

Have you considered the possibility that your actual skills and knowledge also need improving? A hi-sec plex should definitely be doable in a correctly fitted & flown caracal.

You just asked someone who (despite having very little experience with EVE online) feels confident enough posts in GD whether or not he's considered that HE might be the problem?

OMG dude, give me my endorsement back, you know better!

j/k of course. People like this "Ace" never cease to Amaze (and dismay) me.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#569 - 2013-04-01 14:18:30 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

"My skills can barely handle level 3 missions" (218k Gunnery ensures it [had 52k at that time]) -- it had nothing to do with fitting. Ran the fit through EFT.

Caracals are too paper thin for me anyway. Switched to the Moa, which feels much better (used to tanking in MMOs and loading up on targets not kiting). If I can squeeze a couple more days in on training can get into a Drake with some decent skills (standards), but that's where training has to stop until after summer. Have some long level 5s in Industry and Science to complete first.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#570 - 2013-04-01 14:43:18 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

"Condemnation before investigation, is the highest form of ignorance."
~Albert Einstein

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#571 - 2013-04-01 14:53:49 UTC
Boy, when you people go off topic you really do go off topic. Lol
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#572 - 2013-04-01 15:03:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:

"Condemnation before investigation, is the highest form of ignorance."
~Albert Einstein

Thing is, you've been investigated (by yourself, with your own nonsensical postings). But hey, if it makes you feel better to focus on me instead of your own shortcomings, well feel free.