These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Pre-election for CSM8 are sadly delayed

First post First post
Author
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#41 - 2013-03-26 15:17:04 UTC
Workaround from my corp, at least if you want to vote for Ali Aras:
Load https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/candidate?id=2583909 then paste this URL into the address bar while the page is open and hit enter:
javascript:$("#endorsedAccountId").val(2583909); $("#EndorseForm").submit();

Substitute candidate ID of your choice, it's visible in the id= parameter of the address bar when you click on a candidate's 'more info' page.

As for the root cause of the Chrome brokenness:
11:09 < [redacted]> They try to cancel a dialog on the button but the button ain't no dialog.

Firefox ignores the error and keeps trucking, Chrome halts JS execution due to the error.

I fight for the freedom of my people.

Mangala Solaris
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#42 - 2013-03-26 15:17:34 UTC
Worked in FF.

Hearing reports it is good in Chrome if you hammer the button a few times - and get it to let you stay logged in.

IE - I dont care.
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-03-26 15:22:48 UTC
And now the https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/candidates/ is completely down.

OH NOES THE PLAYERS NOTICED OUR ERROR, LETS KILL IT WITH FIRE Roll
Bantara
Dolmite Cornerstone
#44 - 2013-03-26 16:18:12 UTC
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Surely there's no technical reason not to stick the campaign threads of approved candidates is there?

So if their thread is pinned, they have hit 200?

And since I'm here already, did the delayed start change the end time for preliminary voting?
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#45 - 2013-03-26 16:20:26 UTC
No, every candidate approved for preelection who has a thread posted in Park has a pinned thread now; not all of them have 200 votes yet.

DJWiggles
Eve Radio Corporation
#46 - 2013-03-26 16:29:37 UTC
Tested on two systems, (3 if you count a phone) chrome no go in ANY of them, IE and FF work fine.

Good old Chrome doing what it does best

Live on Eve Radio Sundays 15:00 GMT with me & friends talking about Eve and stuff. Twitter, Facebook TotalEve

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#47 - 2013-03-26 16:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Use the in-game browser then if your out of game browser ain't compliant... I know it works there
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#48 - 2013-03-26 16:37:07 UTC
DJWiggles wrote:
Tested on two systems, (3 if you count a phone) chrome no go in ANY of them, IE and FF work fine.

Good old Chrome doing what it does best

Not Chrome's fault. CCP devs told the browser to do something it can't, Firefox ignores the error, Chrome actually sticks to the spec and says "hey, there's a problem, I can't do that, Dave"

DarthNefarius
#49 - 2013-03-26 16:39:11 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Bantara wrote:
Alekseyev Karrde wrote:
Surely there's no technical reason not to stick the campaign threads of approved candidates is there?

So if their thread is pinned, they have hit 200?

And since I'm here already, did the delayed start change the end time for preliminary voting?

Since you can "UNENDORSE" a candidate ( I have played with it several times ) any indicator of the candidate hitting 200 could go crazy as the candidate is troggled between endorsed & unendorsed Lol
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Karbowiak
State War Academy
Caldari State
#50 - 2013-03-26 16:40:57 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Use the muther@#$%@!!! in game browser then if your out of game browser ain't compliant... I know it works there

Not the browsers fault that CCP can't code for **** Roll
Ripard Teg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#51 - 2013-03-26 16:44:05 UTC
Right. There are only 35 candidates anyway. What say we skip this bit and go straight to the main event with all 35 candidates?

What say you, CCP?

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

DarthNefarius
#52 - 2013-03-26 16:52:46 UTC
Karbowiak wrote:

Not the browsers fault that CCP can't code for **** Roll

Itis the browsers fault P face it your browser sucks compared to the in game one Blink
Bantara
Dolmite Cornerstone
#53 - 2013-03-26 16:52:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Bantara
edited: nevermind, lots of answers...
June Ting
Nobody in Local
Deepwater Hooligans
#54 - 2013-03-26 17:13:48 UTC
Hearing reports it's now working in Chrome. Thanks, CCP. (and test your **** better next time) :)

Bantara
Dolmite Cornerstone
#55 - 2013-03-26 18:15:41 UTC
Did the delay in getting the webpage up also push back the end time for the preliminary round? What is it now?
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#56 - 2013-03-26 19:16:50 UTC
It's working just fine in Lynx browser.

The Tears Must Flow

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#57 - 2013-03-26 19:26:13 UTC
June Ting wrote:
Hearing reports it's now working in Chrome.

Confirming from Chromium.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#58 - 2013-03-26 19:38:07 UTC
Bantara wrote:
Did the delay in getting the webpage up also push back the end time for the preliminary round? What is it now?

tbh the prelims are kind of moot this time anyway. The top 28 out of 35 go through... how hard can this be?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Previous page123