These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Trebor's Allegedly Unbiased Guide to the CSM 8 Elections

First post
Author
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2013-03-22 08:40:56 UTC
Look at you bads pretending that Poetic won't find something or someone to throw an apoplectic fit about if Trebor isn't elected.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2013-03-22 08:46:29 UTC
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Me too, and its what accounted for about half my votes last election.
Trebor doesn't have a solid base. You do.

With you, I upset the entire University and many ex-Unistas (many of whom eventually agreed that you were a bad vote, and that they should have listened to me) ... who am I upsetting with Trebor? Dirt Nap Squad? Trebor doesn't even play EVE anymore, I doubt most DNS even know who he is. Plus they're tiny.

Trebor will win a seat because he mass evemails again. The effect of that can be diluted.
Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-03-22 08:48:47 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Look at you bads pretending that Poetic won't find something or someone to throw an apoplectic fit about if Trebor isn't elected.
What he said. There's always stuff to throw fits about. Apoplectic or not.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2013-03-22 10:02:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Trebor Daehdoow
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
One, I strongly disagree with voting for people if you disagree with their platform. If you disagree with someone's platform, they'll give CCP feedback you do not want CCP to get. So put them last or leave them off the ballot.

If CSM were a deliberative legislature, you would have a point. But as an advocacy group, and in particular one where most of the time, the issues are common, your first priority should be to get some people on the CSM that represents your point of view, and then get some people on that you think will help the group make stronger arguments and be more influential.

For example, it's no secret that Alekseyev Karrde and I have different philosophies about the game, but a lot of good came out of us working together. He forced me to make better arguments, and vice-versa. And where we agreed upon the goals but disagreed about the tactics (as happened, for example, in the drafting of the Strategy Document), the end-result was the better for it.

This is why, it may surprise you to learn, Psychotic Monk will be on my recommended ballot (unless he does something spectacularly dumb, of course).

The bottom line is, vote for the 14 candidates you think are the best. But for me, "agrees with me about the game" is only one factor in determining "best".

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2013-03-22 21:02:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Trebor and Ripard have similar ideologies. The difference is that Ripard believes highsec is about as safe as it should be (perhaps a tad too safe.) Whereas Trebor believes highsec can and should be made safer as long as it brings in new subscribers. Trebor would have you believe that EVE is in some sort of financial difficulty, and thus themepark game play should be brought in if it means more subscribers. He'll further dazzle you with the idea that if CCP can bring in more money, then they can hire more devs, and finally start working on a POS revamp. This is a complete fallacy. CCP is more than likely going to put extra EVE Online revenue towards accelerating development on its two other properties, DUST and World of Darkness.

Trebor's thinking in a nutshell is that "We can screw the game to improve the game." Which, of course, doesn't work. Except in his mind.

If you need to vote a highsec candidate, then vote Ripard Teg over Terrible Trebor. Ripard doesn't want to destroy the game for a few extra bucks. Trebor does.
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-03-22 21:25:12 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Kelduum Revaan wrote:
Me too, and its what accounted for about half my votes last election.
Trebor doesn't have a solid base. You do.

My base isn't defined by my in-game group, and never has been. I've been elected as part of The Initiative and Dirt Nap Squad, for example. Your pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.

Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Trebor will win a seat because he mass evemails again. The effect of that can be diluted.

If you truly believe that I got re-elected because I mass-evemailed, then you ought to congratulate me. In your scenario, with no base to depend on, and doomed to defeat, I saved the Kobayashi Maru and beat the no-win scenario. You're just torqued because you didn't think of it, and neither did anyone else you like.

Quite frankly, I think I deserve a commendation for original thinking. But I understand that superior intellects might disagree, especially those who have indulged in too much Romulan Ale and/or Klingon Aphrodisiacs.

As for what might happen this year, I guess you'll have to stand by for my transmission. Twisted

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-03-22 21:30:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Your pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking.
Could you throw out some more nonsense rhetoric?

Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Kobayashi Maru ... Romulan Ale ... Klingon Aphrodisiacs.
And we need more Star Trek analogies. We can never get enough of those. Roll
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-03-22 21:33:10 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Could you throw out some more nonsense rhetoric?

I should have known better than to try and compete with the master of that domain.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#29 - 2013-03-22 21:35:29 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Trebor and Ripard have similar ideologies. The difference is that Ripard believes highsec is about as safe as it should be (perhaps a tad too safe.) Whereas Trebor believes highsec can and should be made safer as long as it brings in new subscribers. Trebor would have you believe that EVE is in some sort of financial difficulty, and thus themepark game play should be brought in if it means more subscribers. He'll further dazzle you with the idea that if CCP can bring in more money, then they can hire more devs, and finally start working on a POS revamp. This is a complete fallacy. CCP is more than likely going to put extra EVE Online revenue towards accelerating development on its two other properties, DUST and World of Darkness.

Trebor's thinking in a nutshell is that "We can screw the game to improve the game." Which, of course, doesn't work. Except in his mind.

If you need to vote a highsec candidate, then vote Ripard Teg over Terrible Trebor. Ripard doesn't want to destroy the game for a few extra bucks. Trebor does.

Perhaps we should establish just how many bucks it would take to induce Ripard to destroy hisec?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ripard Teg
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2013-03-22 22:29:54 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
If you need to vote a highsec candidate, then vote Ripard Teg

I do enjoy endorsements. Blink

aka Jester, who apparently was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer to good effect.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#31 - 2013-03-22 23:09:12 UTC
Rote Kapelle that well known hi sec alliance!

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Poetic Stanziel
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2013-03-23 02:18:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Poetic Stanziel
Malcanis wrote:
Rote Kapelle that well known hi sec alliance!
And Dirt Nap Squad is? Ripard and Trebor are both in PvP nullsec alliances. One plays regularly, the other rarely logs in. Hell, Ripard has the same PvP activity in the last four months that Trebor has had in the last four years.

I think someone who's actually familiar with the game should get the vote, especially when both have platforms that overlap.

Vote Ripard Teg.
mynnna
State War Academy
Caldari State
#33 - 2013-03-23 03:15:51 UTC
Y'know if you think his ideas are so bad, the best way to deal with it would be to simply put him back on the council so they can be dragged out and shot once and for all.

Member of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#34 - 2013-03-23 03:28:13 UTC
I don't know what y'all are prattling on about. The only person in this conversation that isn't highly qualified for the CSM and already on my ballots in some order also happens to be the only one of you that isn't running. I look forward to seeing ALL of the rest of you on CSM8. It'll be an amazing team. Best of luck.

o7

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Friggz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-03-23 13:19:44 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Terrible Trebor's Terrible Guide.

Not casting a vote for Trebor is saying NO to Theme Park gameplay.

I really, really didn't want to make this post. For several reasons. Firstly, I don't want to further **** up Trebor's great thread of trying to help people vote, but I think that ship has kinda sailed. You've already hijecked the thread and turned it into the Poetic Vrs Trebor hour. The second reason is that I learned a long time ago that words can be a weapon, and while I love blowing up internet space ships, I don't like hurting people in real life. At a certain point though, I get tired of sitting back and watching a corp mate get attacked. So Poetic, I hope you take this as an opportunity to grow as a person. I'm going to stop being nice to you know, though, because the truth isn't nice.

Theme part gameplay.

Hmm. Like when Trebor suggested limiting War decs based on the size of the corporation? Or allowing corps to pay off CONCORD to avoid them entirely? Oh wait, that wasn't Trebor, it was you. Only you didn't have the intellectual courage to stand up for your ideas, so you have to constantly say "I want to nerf High-sec and make it safer but HEY GUYS I'M NOT TREBOR!" You know, despite that you are actually making specific arguments and suggestions to make high-sec safer vrs Trebor who is playing devil's advocate and suggesting CCP look into it.

It's not even about what you believe or don't believe. You are entitled to your opinions and they are obviously well thought out and well articulated. It's about you failing to stand up for your ideas without creating a strawman to burn to make yourself look better. If your ideas have merit, they have merit, regardless of what Trebor or anyone else believes or does not believe. Continually bringing him up and attacking him only shows you don't believe in your own convictions and need to resort to attacking others.

Trebor and Alekseyev disagreed constantly while on the CSM, yet you never heard Trebor say "Alek only feels that way because he's in a merc corp so he's a griefer!" or Alek say "Trebor is a friggin carebear, who cares what he thinks?" You didn't hear that because that's not how adults discuss things to reach a consensus.

Then we have you constantly criticizing Trebor for EvEmailing people in previous elections, while at the same time working on your own mass mailing project. You don't get to have it both ways. You either say that you feel mass mailing is wrong, give Trebor **** for it and then don't do it yourself, or you admit it's a viable tactic, do it yourself and stop giving him ****.

Again, it's not so much which you believe, it's that you want to have it both ways. It's the hypocrisy of saying something is wrong while at the same time doing the exact same thing. Once again, it's intellectual cowardice.

About the only thing everyone on all sides seems to agree on is that the War-dec system is broken. It's not a simple issue to solve and even you have flip flopped on it before.

November of last year you explained to all us plebeians Why EVE University Is A Pox Upon This Game.

You know what I find most fascinating about this article? I had to check three times that it was written by you because you espouse an entirely polar opposite view on war-decs than your more recent articles that I had to double and triple check it wasn't some kind of guest writer or something.

For example:

Poetic Stanziel The Hardcore PvP, putting those carebears in their place wrote:

Basically, from the University's point of view, nearly every war against them is a faildec or a griefdec. This is the attitude that an EVE University graduate takes with them into the rest of the game -- that conflict can only be borne of honourable intentions (and EVE University gets to define honour). It is an infection, a disease, upon EVE Online. We see the results as the carebear population grows, and CCP starts to Soften-TFU (versus the old HTFU credo.)

Thankfully, we have you less than 6 months later to teach us that War-decs are unfair and should be avoidable.

Poetic Stanziel The Defender of High-sec puts those War-dec griefers in their place wrote:

...No highsec group deserves to be under a constant state of hostility. It is highsec, after all. There's supposed to be a certain level of safety inherent in operating out of the high security theatre.

That's where you suggest we limit war-decs on corps of different sizes and allow CONCORD bribes. So, Eve-Uni is a pox for not wanting to be under constant War-decs in their corporation to help new players, but at the same time it's unfair for them to be under constant War-decs and we have to change it because High-sec needs safety.

You know, Poetic, the only consistent position you seem to express is that you hate Trebor for some reason. Trebor took the time to write this up to help people vote and you immediately pounce upon the thread to get in whatever cheap shots you can. like in this response when you criticize Trebor for the amount of kills he has and say

Poetic Stanziel The Hardcore PvPer wrote:

Perhaps it's time you reconnected with the game. It's changed quite a bit since you last played, before your first stint on CSM5. I think we need some CSM reps who are familiar with the game we're playing today, in 2013.

Despite the fact that same killboard would show you he was out blowing up stuff with us only a week before.

The sad part is you are a good writer and can articulate your positions well.

Now you just need to learn to pull yourself up and stop trying to push others down.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#36 - 2013-03-23 14:21:29 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Terrible Trebor's Terrible Guide.

Not casting a vote for Trebor is saying NO to Theme Park gameplay.

your crappy articles are the leading reason i stopped reading en24...

thanks for being terible...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

High Sec Dan
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#37 - 2013-03-23 14:26:12 UTC  |  Edited by: High Sec Dan
There are three kinds of people in this thread:

1. Trebor and his friends from his corp.
  2. Past CSM and current CSM hopefuls chumming it up with their best pal Trebor to shine their "insider" "establishment" cred.
  3. People who love this game and care about it.

These categories are mutually exclusive.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#38 - 2013-03-23 14:51:25 UTC
High Sec Dan wrote:
There are three kinds of people in this thread:

1. Trebor and his friends from his corp.
  2. Past CSM and current CSM hopefuls chumming it up with their best pal Trebor to shine their "insider" "establishment" cred.
  3. People who love this game and care about it.

These categories are mutually exclusive.

or 4.
People who care about this game and balance and will vote for trebor because we need people like him... though atm he is my second choice behind malc.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Wescro2
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2013-03-23 15:26:41 UTC
Friggz, that's quite a post, I especially like the titles you've given Poe to further your point.

Poetic Stanziel isn't running for CSM. You are falling into the same routine as Ripard now. Let's keep the conversation centered on the candidates, not their critics.

I don't think all perspectives are created equal. Considering that high sec war decs are already voluntary, ie you can drop corp to escape them and re-form the same one for only 3% of cost it took for the aggressor to go to war, for someone to sincerely argue to make them even more toothless is simply asking to scrape them altogether.

Thankfully, when Trebor took up that cause, he claims that was only devils advocacy. He sure had us fooled thinking he was a real carebear!

My only concern now is that Trebor is the most persistent devils advocate in the world. He hardly devotes any time to his real opinions, instead focusing on all the bad ideas that don't get enough attention! Do I really want someone like that on the CSM, while there are so, so many good ideas that get sidetracked?

Alekseyev Karrde
Noir.
Templis CALSF
#40 - 2013-03-23 20:41:48 UTC
Friggz wrote:
I really, really didn't want to make this post. For several reasons. Firstly, I don't want to further **** up Trebor's great thread of trying to help people vote, but I think that ship has kinda sailed. You've already hijecked the thread and turned it into the Poetic Vrs Trebor hour. The second reason is that I learned a long time ago that words can be a weapon, and while I love blowing up internet space ships, I don't like hurting people in real life. At a certain point though, I get tired of sitting back and watching a corp mate get attacked. So Poetic, I hope you take this as an opportunity to grow as a person. I'm going to stop being nice to you know, though, because the truth isn't nice.

Theme park gameplay.

Hmm. Like when Trebor suggested limiting War decs based on the size of the corporation? Or allowing corps to pay off CONCORD to avoid them entirely? Oh wait, that wasn't Trebor, it was you. Only you didn't have the intellectual courage to stand up for your ideas, so you have to constantly say "I want to nerf High-sec and make it safer but HEY GUYS I'M NOT TREBOR!" You know, despite that you are actually making specific arguments and suggestions to make high-sec safer vrs Trebor who is playing devil's advocate and suggesting CCP look into it.

It's not even about what you believe or don't believe. You are entitled to your opinions and they are obviously well thought out and well articulated. It's about you failing to stand up for your ideas without creating a strawman to burn to make yourself look better. If your ideas have merit, they have merit, regardless of what Trebor or anyone else believes or does not believe. Continually bringing him up and attacking him only shows you don't believe in your own convictions and need to resort to attacking others.

Trebor and Alekseyev disagreed constantly while on the CSM, yet you never heard Trebor say "Alek only feels that way because he's in a merc corp so he's a griefer!" or Alek say "Trebor is a friggin carebear, who cares what he thinks?" You didn't hear that because that's not how adults discuss things to reach a consensus.

Then we have you constantly criticizing Trebor for EvEmailing people in previous elections, while at the same time working on your own mass mailing project. You don't get to have it both ways. You either say that you feel mass mailing is wrong, give Trebor **** for it and then don't do it yourself, or you admit it's a viable tactic, do it yourself and stop giving him ****.

Again, it's not so much which you believe, it's that you want to have it both ways. It's the hypocrisy of saying something is wrong while at the same time doing the exact same thing. Once again, it's intellectual cowardice.

About the only thing everyone on all sides seems to agree on is that the War-dec system is broken. It's not a simple issue to solve and even you have flip flopped on it before.

November of last year you explained to all us plebeians Why EVE University Is A Pox Upon This Game.

You know what I find most fascinating about this article? I had to check three times that it was written by you because you espouse an entirely polar opposite view on war-decs than your more recent articles that I had to double and triple check it wasn't some kind of guest writer or something.

For example:

Poetic Stanziel The Hardcore PvP, putting those carebears in their place wrote:

Basically, from the University's point of view, nearly every war against them is a faildec or a griefdec. This is the attitude that an EVE University graduate takes with them into the rest of the game -- that conflict can only be borne of honourable intentions (and EVE University gets to define honour). It is an infection, a disease, upon EVE Online. We see the results as the carebear population grows, and CCP starts to Soften-TFU (versus the old HTFU credo.)

Thankfully, we have you less than 6 months later to teach us that War-decs are unfair and should be avoidable.

Poetic Stanziel The Defender of High-sec puts those War-dec griefers in their place wrote:

...No highsec group deserves to be under a constant state of hostility. It is highsec, after all. There's supposed to be a certain level of safety inherent in operating out of the high security theatre.

That's where you suggest we limit war-decs on corps of different sizes and allow CONCORD bribes. So, Eve-Uni is a pox for not wanting to be under constant War-decs in their corporation to help new players, but at the same time it's unfair for them to be under constant War-decs and we have to change it because High-sec needs safety.

You know, Poetic, the only consistent position you seem to express is that you hate Trebor for some reason. Trebor took the time to write this up to help people vote and you immediately pounce upon the thread to get in whatever cheap shots you can. like in this response when you criticize Trebor for the amount of kills he has and say

Poetic Stanziel The Hardcore PvPer wrote:

Perhaps it's time you reconnected with the game. It's changed quite a bit since you last played, before your first stint on CSM5. I think we need some CSM reps who are familiar with the game we're playing today, in 2013.

Despite the fact that same killboard would show you he was out blowing up stuff with us only a week before.

The sad part is you are a good writer and can articulate your positions well.

Now you just need to learn to pull yourself up and stop trying to push others down.

Served.

Alek the Kidnapper, Hero of the CSM

Previous page123Next page