These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: The Battle for Caldari Prime

First post First post
Author
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#61 - 2013-03-21 11:14:30 UTC
DarthNefarius wrote:
Will the system's node be reinforced or do I have to fill out the large fleet battle form? Lol


Reinforced Smile

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

Octoven
Noir Holdings
#62 - 2013-03-21 11:15:06 UTC
The real ironic part I find funny is that Any Gallente militia toons can show up and not only hold a tactical advantage of having their NPC big brothers to protect them, but they can also OB dusties.

As I understand it, and thanks to CCP's brilliant game design, you can only OB if you are in FW. Since Caldari militia will most likely be targeted by NPC Battleships and player militia, it stands to reason that CCP is essentially precluding you from being able to OB unless you are signed up for Gallente militia. If you are signed up for Caldari, you will find it damn near impossible to get off a OB shot before being gunned down by NPCs.

Meanwhile, Gallente are free to OB. It seems that there is no way to play this from the Caldari side. Another blow to Caldari pilots. Give it time and no one will even play the race let alone fly their ships.
CCP Goliath
C C P
C C P Alliance
#63 - 2013-03-21 11:16:00 UTC
chatgris wrote:
Evi Polevhia wrote:
Darien Antilles wrote:
Quote:
If you want to participate in shaping EVE's history, you should monitor the news closely over the next few days and set aside your Friday afternoon (UTC).


...unless you actually have a job that precludes it.


Sadly there is no one time that works for everyone. Sorry. =/


A weekend is much more inclusive.


From our standpoint, it's not. Manpower drops at the weekend, for obvious reasons.

CCP Goliath | QA Director | EVE Illuminati | @CCP_Goliath

CCP Falcon
#64 - 2013-03-21 11:20:06 UTC
Octoven wrote:
The real ironic part I find funny is that Any Gallente militia toons can show up and not only hold a tactical advantage of having their NPC big brothers to protect them, but they can also OB dusties.

As I understand it, and thanks to CCP's brilliant game design, you can only OB if you are in FW. Since Caldari militia will most likely be targeted by NPC Battleships and player militia, it stands to reason that CCP is essentially precluding you from being able to OB unless you are signed up for Gallente militia. If you are signed up for Caldari, you will find it damn near impossible to get off a OB shot before being gunned down by NPCs.

Meanwhile, Gallente are free to OB. It seems that there is no way to play this from the Caldari side. Another blow to Caldari pilots. Give it time and no one will even play the race let alone fly their ships.


You can also only OB if you are in a Factional Warfare system.

Luminaire is not a factional warfare system.


CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Udonor
Doomheim
#65 - 2013-03-21 11:23:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Udonor
Say will Empire factions be issuing Letters of Marquee that give CONCORD immunity as long as your targets have high enemy faction standings? Obviously you get automatic -10 faction standings from enemy faction navies...but not necessarily civilian stations unless you attack.

I'd say that is an idea that its time has come. All standings would just need to be public info and instead of just CONCORD security standings.


Hopefully all those Caldari internal struggles producing damaged stations were just preparation for making high sec stations destructable. Too many players have too much junk stored up and its ruining economy and its unfair advantage. Good fits should expensive and poor T1 fits more common among corp with losing PVP records.

A few years of PVP forced player corp consolidations with wider spread of T1 to full T3 ship population and maybe T4 intro -- and then CCP can switch it up with adding Jovian or Elder invasions or opening Sansha faction to real players.
Octoven
Noir Holdings
#66 - 2013-03-21 11:34:18 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Octoven wrote:
The real ironic part I find funny is that Any Gallente militia toons can show up and not only hold a tactical advantage of having their NPC big brothers to protect them, but they can also OB dusties.

As I understand it, and thanks to CCP's brilliant game design, you can only OB if you are in FW. Since Caldari militia will most likely be targeted by NPC Battleships and player militia, it stands to reason that CCP is essentially precluding you from being able to OB unless you are signed up for Gallente militia. If you are signed up for Caldari, you will find it damn near impossible to get off a OB shot before being gunned down by NPCs.

Meanwhile, Gallente are free to OB. It seems that there is no way to play this from the Caldari side. Another blow to Caldari pilots. Give it time and no one will even play the race let alone fly their ships.


You can also only OB if you are in a Factional Warfare system.

Luminaire is not a factional warfare system.




I really hope that will change in time. I don't feel like I should HAVE to join FW to use a new feature and it seems the last few expansions FW has been given priority in terms of new content. Datacores, LP, and now OB. FW is a great feature of itself but restricting OB to it limits the interaction between dust and eve.
Udonor
Doomheim
#67 - 2013-03-21 11:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Udonor
Udonor wrote:
Say will Empire factions be issuing Letters of Marquee that give CONCORD immunity as long as your targets have high enemy faction standings? Obviously you get automatic -10 faction standings from enemy faction navies...but not necessarily civilian stations unless you attack.

I'd say that is an idea that its time has come. All standings would just need to be public info and instead of just CONCORD security standings.
.



Actually Letters of Marquee should let you shoot anyone who is NOT flying a clear friendly faction flag -- specifically neutral merchants can be accused of transporting war supplies and enemy merchants are clear targets at all times.

Though maybe neutrals might be given a pass in systems where friendly navies are in control.

All you CODE alliance types and so called pirates should form a petition calling for Gallente Federation and Caldari to issue Letters of Marquee.

Of course the down side is that there is usually a fairly hefty tax 10-25% on public goods sales for holders of such Letters of Marquee. But it would worth it to be shooting folk with whom you had no specific wardec right in front of civilian stations and CONCORD without penalty.

Plus eventually there might be dueling with enemy faction gates and stations to damage or destroy them. The carebears should support that too since they could make a killing on contracts to rebuild/repair NPC stations while faction navies tried to protect them.
Turelus
Utassi Security
#68 - 2013-03-21 12:01:20 UTC
CCP Goliath wrote:
Bl4ck Ph03n1x wrote:
Should we prepare to join FW to participate to the event?


Not at all, there is no FW requirement to the event.

Being in FW will hurt you in the event (unless you're sided Gallente/Minmatar)

Turelus CEO Utassi Security

MainDrain
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-03-21 12:58:55 UTC
Octoven wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Octoven wrote:
The real ironic part I find funny is that Any Gallente militia toons can show up and not only hold a tactical advantage of having their NPC big brothers to protect them, but they can also OB dusties.

As I understand it, and thanks to CCP's brilliant game design, you can only OB if you are in FW. Since Caldari militia will most likely be targeted by NPC Battleships and player militia, it stands to reason that CCP is essentially precluding you from being able to OB unless you are signed up for Gallente militia. If you are signed up for Caldari, you will find it damn near impossible to get off a OB shot before being gunned down by NPCs.

Meanwhile, Gallente are free to OB. It seems that there is no way to play this from the Caldari side. Another blow to Caldari pilots. Give it time and no one will even play the race let alone fly their ships.


You can also only OB if you are in a Factional Warfare system.

Luminaire is not a factional warfare system.




I really hope that will change in time. I don't feel like I should HAVE to join FW to use a new feature and it seems the last few expansions FW has been given priority in terms of new content. Datacores, LP, and now OB. FW is a great feature of itself but restricting OB to it limits the interaction between dust and eve.


From what i understand faction warfare has been something that has been needing revamped for a number of years. it would have been impractical, and likely a bit stupid to have done every change at once which is why they have had to spread it out of the past couple of expansions.

Orbital bombardment had to start somewhere. The best way for it to have a direct impact on the main game is through FW, with the added benefit of it being small scale, DUST after all is still a game in Beta. I would imagine, that OB is something that will eventually be added to other areas of gameplay and not restricted to FW. Give them Chance!
Autonomous Monster
Paradox Interstellar
#70 - 2013-03-21 13:58:51 UTC
Poetic Stanziel wrote:
Will this live event have any actual impact on who controls the system? Could the system changes hands from Gallente to Caldari? Or is this a static event with no repercussions on the game?


I very much doubt that the Gallente home system is going to flip to Caldari, no matter how the battle plays out. I think it's more probable that a Caldari victory would preserve the status quo, while a Gallente victory would remove the titan.

Speaking of that, I'm glad we're getting an opportunity to try, because that thing has been sitting there, pissing me off, for, what, must be close to five goddamn years now? X
TheButcherPete
Thunderwaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#71 - 2013-03-21 14:01:22 UTC
GALLENTE SUPERIOR, DEATH TO THE CALDARI

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Fergus Runkle
Truth and Reconciliation Council
#72 - 2013-03-21 14:10:30 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.



Yeah being in the militia is not the problem.

The problem is

Laerise wrote:
Anybody who's been in caldari / amarr militia for a bit will have bad enough standings to be instantly hounded by faction navy spawns... Roll


Leaving the militia does not reset your faction standings, so yeah, this is a heavily biased event and not worth anybodys time on the amarr/caldari side...


How are the Caldari players supposed to be able to do anything when they are being hounded, NOT SOLELY BY THE FW NPC'S BUT ALSO THE GAL NAVY because they have poor standings.
Laerise
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#73 - 2013-03-21 14:37:58 UTC
Fergus Runkle wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.



Yeah being in the militia is not the problem.

The problem is

Laerise wrote:
Anybody who's been in caldari / amarr militia for a bit will have bad enough standings to be instantly hounded by faction navy spawns... Roll


Leaving the militia does not reset your faction standings, so yeah, this is a heavily biased event and not worth anybodys time on the amarr/caldari side...


How are the Caldari players supposed to be able to do anything when they are being hounded, NOT SOLELY BY THE FW NPC'S BUT ALSO THE GAL NAVY because they have poor standings.


They aren't.

It seems to be CCP's new policy to hand out easy victories to the gal/min militias and to exclude vast swathes of paying customers from live events.

Good job CCP :(
CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#74 - 2013-03-21 14:49:24 UTC
I don't think the shame of having a Caldari Titan in your home system for 5 years is really the victory anyone would ask for :P

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#75 - 2013-03-21 14:50:39 UTC
CCP Affinity wrote:
I don't think the shame of having a Caldari Titan in your home system for 5 years is really the victory anyone would ask for :P



burn..... Shocked

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Laerise
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#76 - 2013-03-21 15:10:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Laerise
CCP Affinity wrote:
I don't think the shame of having a Caldari Titan in your home system for 5 years is really the victory anyone would ask for :P


If you mean by that:


Quote:
"The shame of having a burning titan in the orbit of your homeworld, visible to both Dusters and EVE players for eternity.

The shame of having to watch that titan being shot to pieces while being damned to watch it happen impotently.

The shame of having to tell people "I was there, but could do nothing to prevent it.".

The shame of the impotent victim to the whims of a CCP employee who is evidently mad with power."



Then yes, yes I guess that's not anything a paying customer would ask for CCP Affinity.

It's also not what EVE is about.

EVE is about empowering the player, not about the bloated ego's of CCP employees whom they pay.
Shahai Shintaro
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#77 - 2013-03-21 15:11:59 UTC
First, I agree with what almost everyone has said. My entire corp should not be excluded simply on the basis that we actively fight for the state. The system should be given 0.4 sec status so every one can participate. It may be tough to get to the system, but at least no one is excluded.

Second, isn't the titan under orders to obliterate all Gallente settlements if it comes under attack?
Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#78 - 2013-03-21 15:17:38 UTC
Laerise wrote:

The shame of the impotent victim to the whims of a CCP employee who is evidently mad with power.


Confirming that CCP Affinity is mad with power. Every time I meet her, she is always staring angrily at someone with those crazy eyes.

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#79 - 2013-03-21 15:22:44 UTC
CCP Affinity is so power mad, she refused my perfectly reasonable demand that the event be run in J105934 (aka Nova). This is terribly unfair to those of us too lazy to scan our way out of the wormhole.

When will CCP realize that without wormhole players the game would be dead, and they would all be out on the street begging for some rotten fish? Who among the fearsome forum warriors can right this terrible injustice????

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#80 - 2013-03-21 15:26:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Akrasjel Lanate
Laerise wrote:
Fergus Runkle wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

To clear up the most common question:

It's not physically possible to just "turn off" factional warfare NPCs, or the status of a system as a Factional Warfare system. Whether or not players decide they want to depart from the militia for a few days or not is entirely their own choice.



Yeah being in the militia is not the problem.

The problem is

Laerise wrote:
Anybody who's been in caldari / amarr militia for a bit will have bad enough standings to be instantly hounded by faction navy spawns... Roll


Leaving the militia does not reset your faction standings, so yeah, this is a heavily biased event and not worth anybodys time on the amarr/caldari side...


How are the Caldari players supposed to be able to do anything when they are being hounded, NOT SOLELY BY THE FW NPC'S BUT ALSO THE GAL NAVY because they have poor standings.


They aren't.

It seems to be CCP's new policy to hand out easy victories to the gal/min militias and to exclude vast swathes of paying customers from live events.

Good job CCP :(

When someone is joining any FW he is accepting the possiblity that he will **** up his standings, and that it will limit his ability to do stuff in diffrent factionsspace.
Deal with it.

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude